Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 21, 2018 1:21 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Looks like this is the last chapter for the official series.

It was a good run and it had its moments (mainly chapter 36 imo). 7/10. Yuzuki looks great in her outfit for this chapter!
Jan 21, 2018 6:56 PM
Mar 2015
A wonderful story about a gift that just kept on giving and made them both happy
Apr 8, 2018 10:46 PM

Aug 2017
One word to describe my experience reading it: "BEAUTIFUL"
Apr 17, 2018 10:38 AM
Dec 2012
I finally got around to finishing this one.

I'm so happy. I wish I could get all my friends to read this beautiful love story. ^_^
^_^
Dec 30, 2018 3:18 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
This manga is overall amazing and so cute.

Happy ending aside, I hated tamahiko’s father, but now I pity him, only having money and that snake for a daughter.
LeonhartAugustDec 31, 2018 8:27 AM
Dec 31, 2018 2:52 AM

Mar 2018
DepravedMagi said:
This manga is overall amazing and so cute.

Happy ending aside, I hated tamahiko’s father, but now I pitt him, only having money and that snake for a daughter.

I'm glad it was hinted that there is hope that Old Man Shima might be redeemed. I want to imagine that he turns good later. :)
Feb 27, 2019 3:49 PM
Jul 2018
Is it okay for Tamayo not have any kind of punishment? I mean, she did some pretty nasty things... I was expecting some kind of bad ending for her (even if just for some sort self satisfaction smh) It's pretty messed up that she had inheriting everything despite killing her own brother!
removed-userFeb 27, 2019 3:55 PM
Feb 28, 2019 5:49 AM

Mar 2018
JayCortiny said:
Is it okay for Tamayo not have any kind of punishment? I mean, she did some pretty nasty things... I was expecting some kind of bad ending for her (even if just for some sort self satisfaction smh) It's pretty messed up that she had inheriting everything despite killing her own brother!

Tamayo is a very disturbing Karma Houdini, I agree.

I wonder if it will come up in the sequel, Shouwa Otome...
Jun 8, 2019 11:50 PM

Dec 2009
A strong 7.5/10.

I really love Yuzu (and her art design) as a character in how much of a extraordinarily selfless, caring, and loving person she is (even though it's weird to imagine a 14 year old so mature) ... but for some reason I wasn't very moved from the ending and last plots.

I guess it might be that I can't take it seriously with its art form, even though I don't think I've had that problem with other stories or art ... or maybe I'm holding on too much on the first impression I had of expecting it to stay a simple cute lovey dovey wife and husband to be due to tough circumstances. Even though, the serious tone and mature plots are good and make a stronger story than most versus simple immature stories.

... Yuzuki, a 14 years old (17+ later) is the heroine who sold herself to the Shima family to pay her parents debt.
Tamahiko, 17 years old (19+ later) is the boy who got into an accident, losing his mother and the function of his right hand.

As Tamahiko was depressed and hopeless, Yuzuki saw the good in him when he covered her with his coat to avoid cold, and decided to truly love and care for him.

... Since then, little by little, while constantly flowing him with her care and love (which is adorable and beautiful to watch), he opened up, while falling in love for each other.
Over time, with events of jealousy from Ryo the neighbor, who later becomes a friend who loved him, with the famous signer Kotori and her brother Hikaru who also became friends, along with Ryo's more cherished brother from saving his sister from rape that her father sold her to for money who saw Tamahiko as a teacher. To Yuzuki visiting Tokyo to meet her friend Midori becoming pregnant, while the great earthquake which killed thousands happened, saving Midori from an impact, injuring herself, for then Tamahiko and Ryo (with Tamako/etc.) to find her, waking up, crying and confessing to Tamahiko after she sees him.
... To then finally face his father after he attempted to steal Yuzuki back as his property,
(which was a great scene when Tamahiko attempted to commit suicide when Yuzuki said she wouldn't stay with him due to the blackmail of her mother) and make Tamahiko the new heir because his brother Tamaki died.
Which leads him to remove his name of Shima, (while his (psychotic) sister who loves her father (who got influenced to become a cruel selfish rich man because he lost his crush from a rich man)
promise to pay back the debt to stay with her, then got the approval of Yuzuki's parents of having their name, Tachibana, and eventually moved out to their own apartment after living with his uncle for a while, and became a teacher, while Yuzuki is a waitress.

Through all of this, he won his own family back (Tamako and Tamao, who were never close before), (excluding his father and sister who we don't know anything about afterwards).
Had sex at her parents house, and in the end had a surprise wedding ceremony with all their friends thanks to Tamako.

... On second thought, I rerealize that it's a well written story, which I already know but... I still wonder what's lacking about it.
I'm not sure if it's the change of mood, the pace of the plots or the build up and length of the story, even though other stories connected easier with me with less time or better plots or characters, but I'm not sure what feels off from this manga to be better than 7.
... Maybe I want more loving peace... I don't know.
Jun 9, 2019 12:07 PM

Mar 2018
waalex11 said:
... Yuzuki, a 14 years old (17+ later) is the heroine who sold herself to the Shima family to pay her parents debt.
Tamahiko, 17 years old (19+ later) is the boy who got into an accident, losing his mother and the function of his right hand.

Correction: Yuzuki is actually only 16 at the end when you add up the dates (see timeline). The ages in the manga are given in traditional East Asian age reckoning, so the characters are actually at least 1 year younger than listed.
Jun 9, 2019 1:54 PM

Dec 2009
SpectrumDT said:
waalex11 said:

Correction: Yuzuki is actually only 16 at the end when you add up the dates (see timeline). The ages in the manga are given in traditional East Asian age reckoning, so the characters are actually at least 1 year younger than listed.
Oh damn, ok. Thanks.
Nov 11, 2019 7:16 PM

Jun 2015
I have to say this is one of the most heartwarming manga I have read in a while.
:)
Nov 15, 2019 6:53 AM

Dec 2014
Lovely series as a whole.

Full of heartwarming, tender and intimate moments that really made me smile. Characters were great and I'm glad to see them all leading a happy life at the end. Very compelling and I was very invested in Tamahiko and Yuzu's relationship and it was lovely watching Tamahiko grow out of his pessimism towards life with Yuzu's help.

8/10
Nov 27, 2019 9:39 PM

Mar 2015
too much drama for my taste sadly. but nice for what it is. 7/10
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Dec 7, 2020 2:26 PM

Nov 2016
This was absolutely cute, wholesome, heartwarming, comfy etc. you get the gist. The interactions between Tamahiko and Yuzu obviously carried the manga, some of the characters added a bit of fun too and made the finale even sweeter.

Wheras the drama, in particular towards the end wasn't really to my liking. Fortunately it wasn't significant nor took it away from my enjoyment, it just wasn't all that good._.

7,5/10

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 12, 2021 9:20 AM

Nov 2013
Nooo... It's over :(

The ending wasn't very satisfying, but it was good nonetheless. Felt a bit too rushed.

It was nice to see them happy. I envy such friendships.

It was surprising to see that Yuzu wasn't pregnant.

The father and the psycho sister are "fine" on their own. None of them will really know the happiness of life, but all that money... such a waste...

It's sad that our beloved couple are living in poverty (forget about having 5 kids Yuzu...)

But one thing that bothered me the most, since chapter 1, was the DATE.

well, it's kind of pointless thinking about it. It's up for the readers to decide whether the future is bright or grim. I'll just say, I've decided to stay positive.

EDIT: So there were 2 additional, extra chapters after the ending. 1 is a filler; the second was a continuation. It was a bit relaxing, seeing them happily living in a new apartment (didn't look too poor) - that's a progress. Though again, MC also seems like he no longer wants to risk doing it with Yuzu just yet; probably because of the debt, hence not enough finances to support a child/children - that's just sad.

*slaps the cheeks* Let's stay positive...
Sigmar-UnberogenJan 12, 2021 9:43 AM
Jan 17, 2021 5:38 AM

Mar 2018
Sigmar-Unberogen said:
It was surprising to see that Yuzu wasn't pregnant.

If you want to see what happens to them afterwards, read Showa Otome. :)
Feb 19, 2021 7:45 AM

May 2020
It’s a fine series but a little too much drama for it to live up to it’s supposed “wholesome” reputation. Nonetheless, it’s short and sweet and achieved everything it set out to do. 6/10.
Mar 13, 2021 11:33 PM
Dec 2019
That manga went downhill for me in the final chapters, i didnt even bother to pay attention to anything, i just skipped through everything hoping it comes to a end. The worst was that bitch tamayo getting everything she wanted in the end. I really wish everything bad if that shit get a anime adaptation
Sep 26, 2021 3:25 AM
Apr 2019
So Mr. Manabe technically f**ked his Nii-san's wife/concubine who already had a child (Tamahiko), got her pregnant and forgot, she gave birth to Tamao, and then she again had a child with Mr Shima (Tamako)

Wow very fucked up family, must be hard for Tamahiko to spill out to his now guardian, precious well wisher Uncle Manabe "Bro how could you f**k my mom " lmao
Oct 19, 2021 2:32 PM

Nov 2012
NakolHira said:
So Mr. Manabe technically f**ked his Nii-san's wife/concubine who already had a child (Tamahiko), got her pregnant and forgot, she gave birth to Tamao, and then she again had a child with Mr Shima (Tamako)

Wow very fucked up family, must be hard for Tamahiko to spill out to his now guardian, precious well wisher Uncle Manabe "Bro how could you f**k my mom " lmao

Damn, that sounds fuckep up af, from the opening the anime looks like a warming teetee sh*t but this gives a weird level of drama

My Candies:

Nov 8, 2021 10:01 PM

Sep 2018
I enjoy the manga but I'm not fully satisfied though, I want to see their kids huhu also on what happened to their father and his evil older sister. I'm glad everyone have their own partner and have happy ending. I really love love story like this, no love triangle, no annoying drama (there's drama here a little but not annoying, also I don't care about his father's family drama) so still good. 8/10
Nov 11, 2021 1:52 AM

Mar 2018
ac_eren said:
I enjoy the manga but I'm not fully satisfied though, I want to see their kids huhu also on what happened to their father and his evil older sister.

Then read the sequel, Showa Otome Otogibanashi. :)
Nov 11, 2021 5:22 PM

Sep 2018
SpectrumDT said:
ac_eren said:
I enjoy the manga but I'm not fully satisfied though, I want to see their kids huhu also on what happened to their father and his evil older sister.

Then read the sequel, Showa Otome Otogibanashi. :)

Actually I speedread it yesterday.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
anime-primeNov 17, 2021 2:19 PM
Dec 13, 2023 7:29 PM

Jun 2021
A lot happened for a short manga. Seeing Tamahiko and Yuzu finally settled with a happy life together. What a satisfying end.

More topics from this board

» Why are there 42 chapters listed?

Zeryphalix - Jan 22, 2021

10 by BXC »»
Sep 5, 2022 6:24 PM

» Apparently there is a sequel: Shouwa Otome Otogibanashi

SpectrumDT - Sep 26, 2018

14 by Hashiriya_weeb87 »»
Jan 10, 2022 8:44 AM

Poll: » Taishou Otome Otogibanashi Chapter 36 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 1, 2018

7 by TheSteelSamurai »»
Nov 22, 2021 6:10 PM

Poll: » Taishou Otome Otogibanashi Chapter 32 Discussion

tr25a3 - May 29, 2019

3 by Amelia-tan »»
Oct 10, 2021 1:08 PM

Poll: » Taishou Otome Otogibanashi Chapter 37 Discussion

Sigmar-Unberogen - Jan 12, 2021

0 by Sigmar-Unberogen »»
Jan 12, 2021 8:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.