Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 20, 2018 11:09 AM

Feb 2017
I've been watching anime for about a year now and love it, but I hear manga is just as enjoyable. Wanna try to get into manga and I'd like to start with the story that got me into anime; Sword Art Online. This might get a lot of hate but I don't care. So this is what I need help with.

-Don't wanna read the manga because I hear it was terrible

So would I start with this- Sword Art Online (Novel) or Sword Art Online Progressive (Manga) or Progressive (Novel)

Also if possible what is the difference between the two? Thanks!!!
wubbalubba126Jan 20, 2018 11:37 AM
How many people you killed, or how many you let live, it doesn't matter to me. You people incurred my wrath... That's reason enough, for you to meet your demise. -Shiba,Tatsuya
Jan 20, 2018 11:40 AM

Sep 2017
Donger_Weeb said:
I've been watching anime for about a year now and love it, but I hear manga is just as enjoyable. Wanna try to get into manga and I'd like to start with the story that got me into anime; Sword Art Online. This might get a lot of hate but I don't care. So this is what I need help with.

-Don't wanna read the manga because I hear it was terrible

So would I start with this- Sword Art Online (Novel) or Sword Art Online Progressive (Manga) or Progressive (Novel)

Also if possible what is the difference between the two? Thanks!!!

Forget about the manga
Jan 20, 2018 11:59 AM

Feb 2017
Yeah... You really should just let go of SAO. Seriously, it sucks in every format.

Going by your list, I think you'd like the Azumanga Daioh, Claymore and Baby Steps mangas.
S_14Jan 20, 2018 12:02 PM
Jan 20, 2018 12:46 PM

May 2015
The disrespect of some people...

Whilst you may wish to start Reading Manga via a Story you've already comprehended (aka: Sword Art Online) - I severely urge you to read a Manga that you've not watched the Anime of.

When I was getting into Manga; I stuck with the Stories I was already familiar with, that being Monster, Death Note and One Piece-- and by sticking with those simply because I enjoyed their Anime form, I was bored beyond belief, as I was witnessing nothing new, in fact, by reading the Manga(s) over just rewatching the Animes again - I was getting less not more.

Read something fresh to your mind. I recommend something like Message to Adolf (as it is short) or 20th Century Boys (as it is highly regarded).

I hope you'll at least consider, my friend.
Jan 20, 2018 12:47 PM

Feb 2017
S_14 said:
Yeah... You really should just let go of SAO. Seriously, it sucks in every format.

Going by your list, I think you'd like the Azumanga Daioh, Claymore and Baby Steps mangas.

Thanks and no thanks
How many people you killed, or how many you let live, it doesn't matter to me. You people incurred my wrath... That's reason enough, for you to meet your demise. -Shiba,Tatsuya
Jan 20, 2018 12:49 PM

Feb 2017
Olde-Jo said:

Whilst you may wish to start Reading Manga via a Story you've already comprehended (aka: Sword Art Online) - I severely urge you to read a Manga that you've not watched the Anime of.

When I was getting into Manga; I stuck with the Stories I was already familiar with, that being Monster, Death Note and One Piece-- and by sticking with those simply because I enjoyed their Anime form, I was bored beyond belief, as I was witnessing nothing new, in fact, by reading the Manga(s) over just rewatching the Animes again - I was getting less not more.

Read something fresh to your mind. I recommend something like Message to Adolf (as it is short) or 20th Century Boys (as it is highly regarded).

Thanks but to me rewatching things isn't boring and nobody has even answered the question I'm asking.
Jan 20, 2018 12:54 PM

May 2015
Donger_Weeb said:
Olde-Jo said:

Thanks but to me rewatching things isn't boring and nobody has even answered the question I'm asking.
Imagine rewatching something; only this time around it is in Black and White, has no Music, has no Voice acting and it's running at 1 frame-per-second. It's highly unenjoyable, so you may as well just watch the Anime again instead of downgrading to the Manga-form.

If you truly wish to read it anyway... start with Sword Art Online (Progressive Novel).
Jan 20, 2018 12:56 PM

Feb 2016
I recommend you read both the Sword Art Online and Progressive novel, and the manga after reading the both, theyre both great, and the Alicization Arc, also the next Arc thats gonna be shown into the next season, is in the Novel and its amazing so its very much worth reading,

Basically, Sword Art Online Novel then Progressive and then the manga.
Jan 20, 2018 12:58 PM

Feb 2017
BlackFIFA19 said:
I recommend you read both the Sword Art Online and Progressive novel, and the manga after reading the both, theyre both great, and the Alicization Arc, also the next Arc thats gonna be shown into the next season, is in the Novel and its amazing so its very much worth reading,

Basically, Sword Art Online Novel then Progressive and then the manga.

You know what thank you so much for being the only person who gave me what I was looking for. If I could give you a cookie I would. Again thanks!

More topics from this board

» new season, need recommendations

silversaint - 25 minutes ago

0 by silversaint »»
25 minutes ago

» Anime similar to live-action action movies?

Skuletor - Today

6 by Skuletor »»
4 hours ago

» Looking for any recommendations really

TabonyBoy - Apr 16

9 by r3v3l3v3l »»
8 hours ago

» Planning to watch Sousou no Frieren

WitchDoc - Today

8 by r3v3l3v3l »»
11 hours ago

» ใ€Œ ๐œ—โ„˜ ๐š๐ง๐ข๐ฆ๐ž/๐ฆ๐š๐ง๐ ๐š ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ ๐ ๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง ๐œ—โ„˜ ใ€(โ€โ› ึŠ โ›โ€ž)โ™ก

RabbitS- - Apr 10

18 by Reina__ »»
Today, 7:17 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.