Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 20, 2018 2:57 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I want a wall sized poster of Queen Titania thank you very much. Japan, make it happen please.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 20, 2018 3:03 PM

Sep 2017
Nice episode, even if the whole Chise problem resolved quite quickly. I was wondering what the whole deal was with Silky since the first episodes, and her backstory was pretty interesting. Now let's see what the month-late Christmas special has in store for us next week, and judging by the trailer we can expect some backstory about Renfred and Alice.
Jan 20, 2018 3:43 PM

Feb 2016
I already liked Silky but seeing her backstory and moments this episode made me like her even more. She is so innocent and cute lol.
Jan 20, 2018 3:45 PM
Mar 2015
Silky's backstory brought tears to my eyes. She was just so happy when Chise came home
Jan 20, 2018 4:21 PM

May 2016
Silky's story and her reaction to them returning was so precious
Jan 20, 2018 4:58 PM

Mar 2015
Silky could have an amazing career as an interior decorator! zip-zip house is done!! I did love how they conveyed her feelings with barely any words spoken. Bravo.

Another excellent episode visually, character-wise and story-wise. Elias had some good lines with the Elf Queen.

Next week: Christmas shopping in London!
The sword that takes life gives life
Jan 20, 2018 5:14 PM
Jul 2018
The Silky's backstory and this final Tadaima makes me chills.
Jan 20, 2018 6:10 PM
Dec 2013
Good episodes but i really dont like these baits that something super bad is going to happen and then its not a big deal. Even the cliffhanger from the last episode got resolved immidiately, and i am not forgetting the wolf thingy.
Jan 20, 2018 6:30 PM

May 2014
And we finally get some spotlight on Silky!
She definitely needed that, and I feel like I get her more as a character; it's a shame she's not a main part of the story because I enjoyed the part of the episode that focused on her the most.
The ending when she glomped Chise was so sweet.
And wow, I know they said time passed differently in the Fairy world but damn- they skipped a whole season!!

Next episode looks so good though- a late Christmas episode as well as what looks to be Renfred and Alice's past.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 20, 2018 7:21 PM

May 2015
I shook my head at the slap in the beginning of the episode. A girl is dying and you're making a comical skit out of it?

We need more Silky. Her story is the best thing to come out of this series so far.
Jan 20, 2018 8:11 PM
May 2016
I'm glad they gave Silky some background info and screen time. Her hugging Chise at the end is very heartwarming.

Also the music is spot on. Not just this episode but the series as a whole.
JaycubJan 20, 2018 8:41 PM
Jan 20, 2018 8:34 PM

Sep 2016
Lelouch0202 said:
Great episode again.

I like how Elias states why he's interested in learning about the human mind to the fairy queen by comparing how the Fae always pity him while the humans despite being the ones who actually fear are also the ones who always accept him.

Glad to see Chise recovering, Shannon's right, The will of a living being is it's strongest driving factor for anything.

Silkie's story is sad but I love how the episode showcased how much Silkie is attached the home she shares with Chise and Elias.
Very heartwarming ending. :)
i agree as well lovely episode definitely enjoyed silkies backstory, glad chise is ok i definitely thought the fairy kingdom was up to something again lol but phew relieved
Facta Non Verba
Jan 20, 2018 8:34 PM

Mar 2016
She's alive...and I thought big drama was coming. Silky's background was kinda nice but not enough information. I was so confused when the fae doctor tried to kill chise, but I understand now that all she wanted to do was help her find chise's fighting spirit to continue on living...weird way to do it though in my opinion.
Jan 20, 2018 8:49 PM

Dec 2015
MetaThPr4h said:
Chise parts are just terrible at this point, I lost the count of all the times she was in danger with nothing really happening, who is she, motherfucking Princess Peach? Wait, that one had a spin-off game where she was nice, bad comparison.

The Silky half was pretty nice tho.
I literally had to do a double take when I first viewed that choking scene in the healing pond. I'm sorry, but when someone chokes you and appears to LITERALLY try and drown you, you don't just shrug it off 5 minutes later and laugh as if you two are good pals now. I don't care the circumstances or reason for doing so. If this show is even remotely trying to present relatable and realistic characters, then this is just BAD character writing. At least have some respect for your main character and your audience's intelligence PLEASE.

This series needs to step up its game soon, especially in the pacing and writing department. What originally felt like a series going at a pleasant and relaxing stride is now just on its all fours barely crawling forwards without an aim or focus in mind. I have mentioned before that the show's overall quality in terms of art and animation has dropped, but I expected as much considering that this is a 2-cour show. But now, even the tight character writing from before is starting to show cracks? Give me a break.

Anyways, I am dropping the score for this series from an 8 to a 7 FOR NOW. I still overall REALLY enjoy this series, but currently its doing little to impress. What I originally thought was a the series getting back on its feet from the pretty good episode last week may just be me being overly optimistic.

Once again, I'll reiterate that I DO NOT HATE this series. It has some incredible world-building, tone, and a potentially great central relationship with characters that I can root for. I'll continue to hope that next episode will be better (it's a Christmas ep so I doubt they can screw up that badly).

(I'll admit that the Silky parts of this episode were pretty a'ight)
HibikaseJan 20, 2018 8:54 PM
"Anime is trash and so am I."
Jan 20, 2018 9:15 PM

Jan 2013
Silky is my favorite
Jan 20, 2018 9:17 PM

Jun 2014
So we got another cliffhanger ending that turned out to not be that big of a deal. I hope these fakeouts stop happening, as it takes away the sense of any actual danger, which I think is bad if you're trying to maintain an audience's interest. If this pattern continues, then when the next dramatic cliffhanger happens, no one will care.

With that being said, I still enjoyed the episode. I especially enjoyed seeing Silky's backstory and seeing her joy at the end when Chise returned. We must protect Silky at all costs.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jan 20, 2018 9:50 PM

Jul 2017
thebrentinator24 said:
So we got another cliffhanger ending that turned out to not be that big of a deal. I hope these fakeouts stop happening, as it takes away the sense of any actual danger, which I think is bad if you're trying to maintain an audience's interest. If this pattern continues, then when the next dramatic cliffhanger happens, no one will care.

With that being said, I still enjoyed the episode. I especially enjoyed seeing Silky's backstory and seeing her joy at the end when Chise returned. We must protect Silky at all costs.

I agree. These fake-outs have left the series with some weird feeling pacing, though in my opinion this episode was still a much bigger step-up from the last one. And despite them leaving the fairy kingdom incredibly quickly, I still really enjoyed the Silky section. The environmental shots and quiet moments are part of what sets the tone for this anime and I love how they used these with her.

Hopefully real consequences will be introduced and we can spend more than one episode on the next story.
Jan 21, 2018 3:11 AM

Jun 2016
Another episode where nothing really happens. There is literally no direction to this story whatsoever. That being said, I don't hate it.

Nice seeing the Vampire momentarily, maybe they ran out of character designs.

Christmas episode in Janauary, poor timing.

Jan 21, 2018 3:32 AM

Jun 2016
I guess being punished by the fairies for using that magic Chise did is okay for Elias? Like seeing Chise spitting out blood? Lmao. Not the reaction I was expecting from him.

So, I guess we went Nolanception this episode with the fairies' time in their world runs different than in the human world or whatever world Silky is.

What's a banshee again? Ohmygod. Finally, a Silky brief backstory. This made me love her more. Huhu. I want to hear Silky's voice again. Onegaaaai. ;-;

SILKY MUST BE PROTECTED AT ALL TIMES!

4/5. :D The only episode I rated 4 of MnY so far. Idk why, but the part in the fairy world left a bad taste in my mouth.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Jan 21, 2018 3:50 AM

Jan 2009
Well this explains a lot.
The real reason spriggan acts like an ass towards Elias, is obviously 'cus he's living with Silky.

Also dat running hug was so disgustingly sweet

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Jan 21, 2018 4:53 AM

Jan 2014
I thought that doctor trying to kill for sure.

now it's Silky time to feel loneliness.

Jan 21, 2018 6:05 AM

Jul 2012
Nice episode for nichijou no Silky-san, that was so sweet! She was all alone and her backstory :( so sad ... Was surprised her using magic, was pretty cool.
Jan 21, 2018 6:06 AM

Aug 2016
I actually was a fan of the slow pacing and the calmness in this anime, but now I'm just annoyed by it (more the pacing than anything else). And of course last week was a dramatic cliffhanger and now everythings fine again (of course not 100% but this drama was not necessary in the end) And again drama with the doc "trying to kill her but not trying to kill her" (and aaalways connected to water. This is the 3rd? 4th? dramatic water scene). Please just give me (at least a bit) more story and less of "omg she's so weak, she can't handle the magic".

The repetition is driving me nuts and I only pull through because I still have hopes and we're already in the second half of the season. Even if there is real drama coming somewhere I stopped caring

The part with Silky however was very beautiful. And thanks god not another big cliffhanger in this episode
Akiho90Jan 21, 2018 6:10 AM
Jan 21, 2018 7:01 AM

Jun 2012
Silky's backstory was absolutely beautiful. If only this show was like that all the time. What was the deal with the doctor literally trying to drown her, and then saying "I'm just trying to keep you alive" - this was just ridiculous. Just when I thought there was going to be a twist involved.
Jan 21, 2018 8:58 AM

Mar 2016
Silky is too damn precious~!

It's surprising how much can be conveyed about her character and feelings with so little actual spoken dialogue from her. Very very heartwarming second half of the episode there.
Jan 21, 2018 9:29 AM

Dec 2015
thebrentinator24 said:

I think I'm already there to be honest. When Chise was being chocked under water I didn't really care and was thinking this was probably some sort of test or whatever (again). To my very non-existent surprise, it actually was.

I totally agree with everyone on that this show is really beautiful and stuff, but I am finding it hard to care about anything that's going on. It feels like its going no where. Chise is a completely bland and unlikable character in my eyes and part of me actually wished that doctor chick would have actually followed through.

I guess I'm trying really hard not to drop this show, but maybe it's not for me.
Jan 21, 2018 11:12 AM
Apr 2016
This is my first official complaint about the series - that "suffocating to help" was really, if you allow me, cringy. I wish they did something else. But alright, I am not THAT angry, just little piece of mind.
Re:formed
Jan 21, 2018 12:07 PM

Nov 2011
Great episode as usual, interesting storytelling from beginning to end. Also this time the episode took me by surprise when suddenly told about Silky's past, wonderful! Also for this anime series, it is time well spent to wait for a new episode every week.
Jan 21, 2018 12:17 PM

Mar 2012
Some Silky backstory, yes
Jan 21, 2018 12:29 PM

Mar 2011
I'm glad that we finally learned more about Silky. I've been curious about her backstory for quite a while.
Jan 21, 2018 1:06 PM

Dec 2016
The whole will to live thing with Chise and Shannon was interesting, glad to see Chise really showing how much she actually does want to live and become better. Also nice to get the brief backstory of Silky
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jan 21, 2018 1:09 PM
Mar 2017
If "their skin and veins did not support the magic", as I said many times. Why the fuck, she does not train physically? It could improve the vascularization, and make your veins (and body) are prepared for a lot of tension / pressure ...
STRIVE to train must be the same as having the will to live, I suppose...
FireCrauterJan 21, 2018 1:13 PM
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Jan 21, 2018 1:52 PM

Oct 2013
The Silky backstory was best. Spriggan was cool when he helped her, but of course it is his duty. Silky bored and lonely while Elias, Chise, and Ruth are gone, but overjoyed to see Chise safe again.
Jan 21, 2018 2:19 PM

May 2015
It's always good to see TIT(S)ANIA.

NIce silky backstory.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jan 21, 2018 2:38 PM

Feb 2014
I always wondered if Silky had an interesting backstory during the first half, and now this episode finally answers that question of mine. She looked so broken and hollow before the Spriggan guided her to the house that she lives in today, transformed her attire, and despite not wanting to be thanked, he gets a kiss as a reward from Silky, who he names before he departed.

Her happy expression when the others finally returned was really touching. Her smile must be protected at all costs now. =3

Speaking of the first half, Chise was able to heal her wounds, although the way that the doctor went with the test by choking her in the pond was a little much though. I'm sure that Chise will become stronger now, so hopefully we'll won't see her in a weaken state like this again for a long time, hopefully.

Nevertheless, this was a great episode, and one that didn't end on a damn cliffhanger for once too! ^_^
Jan 21, 2018 3:05 PM

Aug 2012
Silky's backstory was so sad but she now has a sweet place she can call home.
Jan 21, 2018 4:10 PM

Jul 2016
An interesting story of shannon about what happens when a human live for long in the fairy world. Chise is finally leaving her "I should be dead" mindset, good thing Shannon healed her.

Sad backstory of Silky, dammed ninja cutting onions
Jan 21, 2018 6:19 PM

Mar 2011
I want Silky's magic for decorating the house, damn. That would be so cheap and fast
Jan 21, 2018 7:43 PM
Jul 2018
To be honest, that thing with the doctor was a bit weird. They just laughed off her almost killing Chise. Like I get that it was ultimately to save her, but still pretty wild.

Overall pretty happy with the episode. Some Silky backstory was nice, and it was nice to be reminded how frail Chise's life is as a Sleigh Beggy.
Jan 22, 2018 12:08 AM

Aug 2013
Oh nice, finally some Silky backstory. And she CAN talk!

Highlights of this episode were finally more TITania, and that smug happy chibi Silky when she cleaned and redecorated the house.
Jan 22, 2018 1:26 AM

Oct 2015
Although vague, we finally got a glimpse of Silky's past and it seems Spriggan was the one who helped her recover ( that is one tsundere fairy).

Chise recovered and Silky was very over the moon, I guess you can't blame her since she had to wait until winter. I am glad also Chise had a will to live.

Good ep.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jan 22, 2018 4:45 AM

Sep 2016
I was really curious to know Silky's backstory ever since she appeared on screen. Thankfully, Silky's backstory was satisfying.
Jan 22, 2018 5:04 AM
Restless One

Apr 2016
Aaaaaw Silky is precious!
I witnessed a loli spill from a cartridge and somehow retained my sanity.
Jan 22, 2018 5:40 AM

Feb 2013
I really love how this story is well dealing with magical and legendary creatures we already know but with a different distinguish way, the reborn of the Light that turned a banshee into a silky really left me in wows, great episode again. <3
Jan 22, 2018 6:34 AM
Jul 2018
I've waited for the Silky backstory. That was so beautiful. x3
Jan 22, 2018 7:16 AM

May 2015
The moment I thought it would be nice to learn more about Silky, they show her backstory. Cool.
Overall nothing really happened but still a pleasant episode.
Jan 22, 2018 11:21 AM

Oct 2007
Alberrti said:
Can someone explain to me why this show have haters? Oh my god, this is wonderful.

Gorgeous, yes. Well-written, absolutely not. The first half of the episode is just bad.

I'm dropping it. It's Christmas next episode, and at this point I shudder to imagine how this show will handle the Japanese implications of the holiday.
Jan 22, 2018 11:54 AM

Jun 2009
This ep. was so heartwarming! I almost shed a tear when Chise came home and Silky hugged her. <3
Jan 22, 2018 4:42 PM

Jul 2012
The murder attempt to save her and then laughing it off was a bit weird.

The Silky part was cute, but I'm sad they left her all alone for so long D:
There's apparently more to Silky's story with her family in the manga. I hope they adapt it eventually, but if not, I'll probably read it after the show ends.
Jan 22, 2018 6:45 PM

Jan 2013
Finally, we learned a little bit more about Silky, poor girl, she was waiting for them so long.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Mills - Jul 26, 2017

375 by yelansh »»
Mar 30, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2018

266 by NotBonBon »»
Mar 24, 4:30 PM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2018

81 by hales_comet »»
Feb 22, 8:24 PM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

UrbanJahts - Jul 26, 2017

247 by hales_comet »»
Feb 21, 8:09 PM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2017

189 by satyamkumar4005 »»
Jan 12, 9:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.