Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 20, 2018 5:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Yuu is pretty popular at school especially with the ladies lul

I have to admit, Yuu seems like a fun guy to hang out with. I'm not usually a fan of character personalities like him since they can get boring but Yuu seems like a decent guy unless he gets mad.

That drama at home really got serious yikes. I don't like that Yuri girl although it's nice to see their sibling drama settled after their talk at the park.
Stark700Jan 20, 2018 7:54 AM
Jan 20, 2018 8:28 AM

Jun 2012
Yuri is actually Midousuji in disguise. It's gross. Gross!
Jan 20, 2018 9:06 AM

Sep 2015
This was a pretty interesting episode because of Yuu's sister. The way the sister's opposition against Yuu's Sanrio love was executed was decent. I am starting to like Yuu a bit more and her sister as well (Mostly because I love tsundere sisters like Kirino). :P
Jan 20, 2018 12:52 PM

Jan 2013
I love the character of Yuu. The feels were rough for a bit.
4/5
'Dreams Start by Believing' ~ Haruhi Suzumiya

Jan 20, 2018 2:40 PM

May 2010
Yuu's sis was pretty annoying this episode but hope she calms down from now on.
Jan 20, 2018 4:26 PM

Jul 2009
Yuu's sister is pretty gross. Kimoi!

Her only redemption was apologizing for the food. Otherwise she's still a brat. Her behaviour was so unnecessary.

Next ep is Shuushuu! Of course he was gonna have team-related drama.
Jan 20, 2018 5:19 PM

Sep 2010
It seems like all the Sanrio Boys so far must experience drama in their lives.

Yuri is done being angry with Yuu now, right? Hopefully she will end up at least helping with the housework after her entrance exams are done.

It looks the issue with Yuu and Yuri's parents, however, is left hanging.

Drama is taking Shunsuke for a turn now...

"to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -a magnet
Jan 20, 2018 5:41 PM

Mar 2011
I just want the boys to all be happy!

Liking this show a lot more than I thought.
Jan 20, 2018 7:34 PM

Dec 2010
Damn, I hate the little sister, kinda wished Yuu had slapped her, she's a spoiled brat :/

I'm KinAtsu trash FIGHT ME
Jan 20, 2018 10:45 PM

Mar 2016
This show is so dramatic ... omg ... like if it all the drama was centered around My Melody this episode I think i would of taken it more seriously...

Anyways that girl deserved to get beat. Biting the hand that is feeding her. Like Bitch how do you expect to study and make food and do laundry and clean for yourself... what are you starve and live in filth.

She’s crazy. Anyways the last episode had a better story/drama that related to the Sarino characters but, this was uhhh fun :<
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 20, 2018 11:24 PM

Oct 2013
Yuuri is a trash-tier human being. I could never be as forgiving as Yuu
Jan 20, 2018 11:35 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Yuu is an angel.

I feel like the drama in this series is a bit overdone lol. If they tone it down a little then I would stop feeling the need to cringe when each episode hits the climax. I still enjoy the series so far though, I really like the three Sanrio Danshi :)
Jan 21, 2018 5:57 AM

Jul 2017
What the little sister doing is understandable. She is not crazy or something.

She does not like her brother acting so feminie. She want him to act like a "brother" like he used to (like playing football), not doing housework and cooking. She thinks he is weird and she is a burden to him, but don't know how to express it. She act super mean and hope him to stop caring about him. Teenagers at her age are usually more radical.

When they argue, Yuu said that it's not him wanted to do all the chores, it's only because Mom is not there, so he takes the responsibility to do Mom's work. She then apologize for that by finding him out. (But she still think it is creepy for guys to like Sanrio.)
Jan 21, 2018 6:04 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Keeping your frustrations in did no good for Yuu and Yuri.

She wants him to be his old self but cannot seem to bear seeing him do everything and like what she doesn't.

Yuu tried and tried, yet to no prevail and this all boiled up to this fight, he almost hit her :|

Glad they made up and she expressed to him what she wants.
Jan 21, 2018 6:36 AM

Jun 2016
Are we getting a gay couple in this show? Hihihihihihi. *fujoshi intensifies*

Jesus. Kami-sama knows how much I wanted to slap Yuu's sister. What a bitch. Glad they finally resolved it, but can she stop saying "Gross" to her brother. Ungrateful bitch. Ugh. I hate seeing Yuu sad. How fucking dare she. Godfuckingdamnit. I'm still pissed. Hahaha.

I guess it's Shunsuke's moment next episode with his own drama that needs a resolve.

Another episode filled with drama. It was okay, but Yuu's sister I s2g. -_-

And yeah, Yuu's officially my fave out of this show. Hehe.

4/5.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Jan 21, 2018 9:51 AM

Apr 2012
Wow, this episode was surpriseingly deep. I felt so bad for Yuu, her sister was awful. Ironically she was the gross one all along.
Oh no, next episode the team will call Yoshino out for liking Hello Kitty or what? I thought this was a funny-goofy anime why did it turn to an emotional rollercoaster?
Jan 21, 2018 10:24 AM

May 2016
Yuu is an angel. I love his personality so much! :33

His sister is stupid, just a useless brat. Ew
Jan 21, 2018 3:07 PM

Jul 2016
His sister... is fucking disgusting -.-
Jan 21, 2018 9:49 PM

Jan 2014
The sister was extremely annoying and childish. Well, they're all childish. But she took it to a repulsive level.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Jan 22, 2018 8:08 AM

Nov 2012
Not a big fan of Yuri, but this episode made me like Yuu's character some more!
Jan 22, 2018 8:16 AM

Oct 2008
What a sh!t of a sister, what she has done this episode cannot be taken back. Hope she suffers pure KARMA!
Did the OP visuals changed!?
looks like this time Shunsuke will be in a bit of a trouble/predicament...
4/5.

Jan 22, 2018 2:39 PM

Oct 2015
Yuu has one crap sister. The fact she couldn't see what Yuu does for her on the every day seriously pissed me off. Stepping up to the plate when your rents aren't around, he honestly doesn't have to do it yet he chose to anyway. She needs a good slapping imo. lmfao. The execution of her distaste for sanrio is typical and I can see where she's coming from, but she legit needs to be more considerate towards her brother.

Lost in Translation

Jan 22, 2018 5:10 PM

Feb 2015
A dramatic arc start-to-resolution episode. It was handled fairly well and I guess this makes me respect Yuu a bit more and we can appreciate his struggles, but his sister wasn't made to be likeable at all. And then she gets the apology? WHAT? That girl is a little brat and there is no reason for her behavior.

Anyway it just seems kinda rushed like they're going through the motions of all the dramatic arcs so that they can say the characters have depth to them. I just think they tried to cram in the awkward resolution too quickly, because she still doesn't respect his love for sanrio.

So yeah this episode was fine, some good friendship development and hilarious gay tension between blonde boy and the president guy.

But it seems like they're gonna get the "silent cool one" his character arc next episode, involving his club seniors' problem with his sanrio thing and hamfistedly coming to a resolution. At least it might make this guy more likeable. We'll see...

EDIT: oh yeah and I just want to mention how pleasantly surprised I was with the OP. The song is fine enough (cool tune but the "seiyuu boys sing the song" thing is a bit naff), what really sets it apart is how good the video is. Nice visuals and I love the creative arrangement of the credits.
Oreomonogatari72Jan 22, 2018 5:13 PM
Jan 22, 2018 11:44 PM

Feb 2010
So they made up right? XD
But man I hated the sister. Like a lot. How could she say liking my melody is gross?! My heart 💔It makes me really sad. Like she's trying to make him give up what makes him happiest.
Not sure how often the sister will be shown or if she will be different but so far I extremely dislike her.
Definitely didn't think this cute show was going to be so dramatic and sad haha. I love it.
FOLLOW MY SOCIAL MEDIA IF YOU LIKE COSPLAY ADN ANIME RELATED VIDEOS!
https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyMeilin
https://www.facebook.com/Ladymeilin
Jan 23, 2018 4:53 PM

Jan 2016
nbyung09 said:
What the little sister doing is understandable. She is not crazy or something.

She does not like her brother acting so feminie. She want him to act like a "brother" like he used to (like playing football), not doing housework and cooking. She thinks he is weird and she is a burden to him, but don't know how to express it. She act super mean and hope him to stop caring about him. Teenagers at her age are usually more radical.

When they argue, Yuu said that it's not him wanted to do all the chores, it's only because Mom is not there, so he takes the responsibility to do Mom's work. She then apologize for that by finding him out. (But she still think it is creepy for guys to like Sanrio.)

I see your point but she should love him no matter what he likes, especially if it's something that makes him happy.
Jan 24, 2018 9:24 AM

May 2017
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Yuu is pretty popular at school especially with the ladies lul

I have to admit, Yuu seems like a fun guy to hang out with. I'm not usually a fan of character personalities like him since they can get boring but Yuu seems like a decent guy unless he gets mad.

That drama at home really got serious yikes. I don't like that Yuri girl although it's nice to see their sibling drama settled after their talk at the park.

"settled"

wtf was that? There's still no conclusion on the siblings, just like that, they're okay, terrible execution, we still don't know why their relationship turned out like that, jfc this show
Jan 24, 2018 4:27 PM

Dec 2014
Yuri is annoying af.
It is terrifying when a usually nice person gets mad. o_O
Best episode so far.
Jan 24, 2018 5:37 PM

Jun 2011
I am really impressed with the family drama in the show. It definitely makes it have more substance than some other slice of life anime airing. I wonder if the show will get a score bump when it’s done.
The anime community in a nutshell.
Jan 25, 2018 1:30 AM

Oct 2017
Yuri is an awful person. Screaming "gross" and hating her brother simply because he likes Sanrio characters is an example of toxic gender roles infecting society. It also undermines, by way of Yuri basically getting off the hook, the show's ostensible message of "It's okay for boys to like 'girly' things."

Question: does what was translated as "gross" have any sort of connotations to it in Japanese, or is that a prettt straightforward translation?
Jan 30, 2018 3:09 AM

Jun 2007
what's with that heavy stuff omg i didn't expect that
forgiving his sister just like that? not okay. he should have told her to fuck off and never speak to her again until she begs to be forgiven and of course accepts his love for the sanrio stuff.

got gay vibes again from that big guy and the blonde one. hope they won't go that route, not in this show..
nbyung09 said:
What the little sister doing is understandable.

understandable doesn't mean acceptable.
see you, space cowperson . . .
Jan 31, 2018 8:39 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
This episode wasn't bad actually.
I feel like maybe this episode might need a little more cultural context.
In the U.S., we do kinda associate feminine males with homosexuality, but not exactly in this sense.

I feel like the show is lowkey implying that femininity is gross because it's what they assume is close to being gay which is often considered "gross" to others...? I'm not saying that Yuu as a character is gay, but maybe they see his femininity as one in the same? That's probably why they put so much emphasis on "but someone has to do it"/it's out of necessity in a way to justify it more and make it clear that he's not doing it because he wants to. And then to emphasize even further, Yuri made the comment that she just wants Yuu to be her "brother" again (as opposed to feminine).

It should also be noted that in Japan, being feminine, being transgender, being gay, or being a cross-dresser is often seen as all the same and it's something the LGBT+ community in Japan is trying hard to inform the rest of the Japanese public about. So all that being said, I kinda feel like Yuri is kinda trying to say feminine=gay and to her gay=gross even if that's not actually the truth about Yuu at all.

Looking at it that way, though I don't agree with her, I understand her character's thought process and recognize that many in Japan might have the same views. Her views are kinda based on misunderstanding though. At least the show recognizes that, but at the same time, the show emphasizes that Yuu has an excuse for doing feminine things in a way that kinda seems like they're kinda looking down on actual gay people-- which I would not doubt.;; We'll see though. Maybe they just want to make it super extremely clear that he's not gay and are trying so hard that it just seems kinda rude. Even I've done that before with no harm intended, ha hah.;; So really, we'll see.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Feb 17, 2018 7:55 PM

Sep 2016
When Yuu got mad, it caught me off guard.
Apr 17, 2018 11:43 AM
Mar 2018
I so wanted Yu to bitch slap yuri into tomorrow. Damn you Shuunsuke for stopping him! Never hated a female character THIS much.....
Nov 23, 2020 9:28 PM

Jun 2014
Yuu's life at home sure is stressful. His sister doesn't fully appreciate what he does for her, and it took that confrontation for her to finally learn something. Their relationship has improved a bit, but it looks like she won't fully understand his Sanrio obsession.

Feb 21, 2021 9:44 AM
Aug 2020
damn Yuri is a bitch fr! after all that and she's still ungrateful to Yuu

Jul 19, 2021 1:45 AM

Aug 2017
My least favourite episode. Yuu's sister is annoying and her conflict with her brother didn't have a satisfactory conclusion.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
May 3, 2023 10:57 AM
Apr 2015
i didn't like this episode much as the previous ones because yuu's sister was annoying as fuck and her behaviour didn't make sense, hope we don't see her much again.
May 8, 2023 8:04 AM

Mar 2017
Where was the resolution here? Nothing changed between Yuu & Yuri at the end. She’s still an ungrateful, selfish little bitch who’s treating Yuu like crap.

What a horrible girl 😑

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sanrio Danshi Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2018

21 by cacagorilla »»
Jun 14, 2023 6:58 AM

Poll: » Sanrio Danshi Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 13, 2018

43 by Kitty-Kate »»
May 8, 2023 7:39 AM

Poll: » Sanrio Danshi Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2018

28 by sketchy12 »»
May 7, 2023 4:34 AM

» Will we get a second season?

fresitabby - Mar 22, 2023

1 by Luvsdisney »»
Mar 22, 2023 5:14 PM

» is this BL?

kaibyogirl - Mar 26, 2022

3 by _winterbear_ »»
Sep 4, 2022 1:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.