Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Jan 19, 7:54 PM
Midnaholic

I hate light novels and light novel adaptations, and I don't know a thing about shogi. I, however, saw a cute loli on the cover.

How good of a character is the loli in this? How cute? Is it worth watching just for her?

Jan 20, 12:39 AM

"Why don't you take a seat over there?" -Chris Hansen
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jan 20, 1:12 AM
Almost definitely! I don't know of a cuter loli tbh.
Modified by realconsumer, Jan 20, 1:35 AM

Jan 20, 2:04 AM

I'm interested in this show because of loli so if you like loli you gonna like this show but surprisingly this show also made me want to learn about Shogi as well.

Hidetchi's channel really help me a lot about Shogi. His lesson is very easy to understand, even though the Kanji is kinda hard to remember and it gonna take some time before I can remember all of them but if you know some Shogi basic rule it will help you understand what going on while they playing Shogi in the anime, since this show focus on both loli and Shogi you can expected a lot of Shogi match as much as loli.

I have to thank takodori for introduced me this channel.
Modified by AshenKnight, Jan 20, 6:36 AM

Feb 7, 10:39 AM

Lolis save the anime industry. You'll never go wrong watching a series for a loli. It warms your heads and heart.
I lost my soul, mind, and humanity after reading Oyasumi Punpun.
Don't make the same mistake as I did.
Enjoy your innocence.

Feb 8, 5:13 PM

No. These lolis are forgettable.

Feb 8, 10:04 PM
Bookwalker's interview with the LN author. I think it's very good.
Shirow Shiratori, Author of The Ryuo's Work is Never Done!
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interview/2018-02-08/shirow-shiratori-author-of-the-ryuo-work-is-never-done/.126909

"The way I portrayed the female characters was mostly true to life. There are a lot of women who get taken on as apprentices and apply for the women's league. A lot of girls also attend shogi school. I really wanted to capture this world where female players work alongside the pros and aim to be the best at their sport."

"I didn't set out to write Ryuo in a perverted way. It's more like I wanted the readers to think of the characters as cute, in a little sister kind of way. I don't know how the readers will take it, though."

"And I'm also interested in how people in Japan react to the “bride” scene. When I write, I generally know which scenes will be well-regarded by an audience, but with something like that “bride” scene, I just don't know how people will take it. (laughs)"

Feb 11, 11:35 AM

Don't assume that the loli factor is singular. This show has lolis coming out of the woodwork.

Actually, I'd call it more imoto than loli.

Unless you had your sense of kawaii shot off in the war, you will not be disappointed by this show.

(warning: those with an overdeveloped sensitivity to kawaii may wish to brace themselves every time Char-chan appears onscreen.)
"I am not a Mochi Monster" - Nyanko Sensei

Feb 11, 11:36 AM

Isn't the "loli" like the only good point ?

Feb 11, 11:41 AM

IT'S FAPPING TIME
Edward Elric > your waifu

Feb 13, 3:27 AM
This anime was encouraged many lolicon in the world to attack :)) the child and the kid :)