Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 22, 2018 8:02 PM

Jun 2009
Theo has no charisma at all... He is just a passive weakling following the girl plans...
Of course this is just the beginning, lets hope he develop.
Jan 23, 2018 2:57 AM
Nov 2017
This episode was amazing. I really liked it.
Jan 23, 2018 10:01 PM

Jan 2011
the politics shown are pretty bad so far if you can even say there is any and judging from the reaction it seems to be mainly due to this fast pacing,feel like this is what's gonna kill this show despite showing some promise

but what the shit man the violence went from 0-10 real quick guy got his head cut off and another his legs swept clean without any censors
Jan 24, 2018 4:04 PM

Nov 2013
yep i'm thinking of dropping this lol only reason i'm still here is because of Siluca and Aishela, and even then... oh well i'll watch one more episode...

the enemy just stood there waiting for the "free lords" to come join, then a random fight, gets a lot of new territory and stuff...wtf
only cool thing on this episode was Aishela smashing everyone...lol
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Jan 24, 2018 7:54 PM

Jan 2013
Easyyyyyyyyyy xD Siluca best girl without any doubts. Really enjoying how their relationship is evolving.
Can't wait for more action/battle scenes, because till now it was pretty easy.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jan 26, 2018 2:13 AM

May 2013
DeadCyborg said:
omg, this speed run episodes :/........... 3ep = 14 manga Chapters.... make me sad

You don't even need to read the source material or the manga to know it's jumping at speed of light lmao.
It's quite normal for anime to condense 14 chapters to 3 episodes but what they did with this anime is insane. So much important content is lost because of the time skips. I wouldn't even be surprised if near halfway in the show he's already Emperor 😂😂😂
Jan 27, 2018 8:05 PM

Mar 2012
So uh...why did the lord he fight only bring regular troops? Was he just asking to get wrecked?

Also, the pacing is still really out of whack. I have no idea what's rushing them since this is a two-cour.
Jan 28, 2018 6:35 PM

Oct 2012
Where the fuk that lord Neyman came from ???

Jan 29, 2018 10:50 AM
Trickster

Jun 2011
The more I watch this more I like it. Thought it started off meh, but I'm enjoying it more and more.

So I guess every single chick we see is a total babe. I'm definitely ok with that.

This show is more graphic than I thought it'd be.
Feb 1, 2018 12:11 PM

Aug 2017
The plot is soooooooo fast! The castle have guards? Why the muscular man that lost his right eye in last battle have again his eye? WTF?! The new girl is boring. The 'battle' is rushed. The main bad guy is useless. 2/5
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 2, 2018 2:15 AM

Mar 2009
Yep. Still watching this for Siluca. Otherwise, I have no idea what's going on.
Feb 18, 2018 8:58 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
All advance very quick...the last episode the fight was against a small group and this time was a small army...the battle was bloody but without tension and emotions!!!
Mar 5, 2018 1:14 PM

Oct 2017
it was rushed as hell but the graphic violence was fine
Oct 28, 2018 11:36 PM

Dec 2012
We start off with a glory hole scene.
Priscilla is cute.
Damn. He got burned.
White pantsu.
The Fairy Tail logo.
Dat head slice.
Damn. He lost his legs.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jan 4, 2019 7:56 PM

May 2010
I dunno, the first two episodes were pretty easy for me to follow; maybe they skipped stuff but it didn't feel rushed to me as an anime-only viewer. This episode, it's like they suddenly got a fire lit under their asses and cranked it up to some incomprehensible level. I had to actually play it at 0.9x speed on my media player just to keep up, and even then there was hardly any explanation for what was going on. I feel like there was maybe 3 or 4 times as much information for me to take in compared to previous episodes.

I also feel like there's a more interesting story than the anime itself going on in the production. The way it weirdly sped up is kinda fishy to me, and I bet there's some shenanigans involved.
“Money can't buy dere”
May 22, 2019 1:12 AM

Sep 2012
i have a feeling that marrine head of the alliance is corrupted, by that i mean piece of that dark force from demon lord in ep1 went inside her or maybe she summoned the demon lord, eithet way she gives off villain vibe

BurntJelly said:
That's right Theo, protect Siluca. You know you can't do anything without her. (fire demon explosion!)

I really like how this anime is not wasting multiple episodes on each "battle" like so many other anime out there. Keep up the pace!

Woa... that dude's legs got cut off!

I don't trust this "Lady Marrine".
Something has to not go Siluca's way at some point...

I didn't realize Siluca's hair was so long.

I'm not just watching for Siluca... honest.

ikr Marrine gives off villains vibe
Sugram22May 22, 2019 1:17 AM
Jul 18, 2019 12:44 PM

Dec 2012
I think the main problem so far is how scenes will suddenly switch without any real sense of transition. One moment it's the night before the battle and then sure enough, everyone is out there marching in broad daylight. Just feels like this needs to slow down a bit and let each scene breathe.
Jul 21, 2019 2:12 PM
Nov 2013
Mary Sue claims Crest Fanatics are crazy.

Mary Sue proceeds to prove to Theo that Crest Fanatics are crazy.

Theo lets them in anyways. At this point, this is beyond being useless to outright tripping your team up you inting bastard!

Religious Bitch apparently has a generic pretty face for gaining protagonist trust.

Laughing Swordsman & Stamina Mage seem to be fitting in.

Theo is looking pretty blank-slate still.

Old Mage Man doing the real legwork.

Mary Sue imposes ambitions on Theo's actions. Old Mage Man points out that people are saying she is the master mind and Theo is decoration. Mary Sue surprised Pikachu face.

Mary Sue starts falling for Theo for no reason.

Sees fiery demon monster. First thing Theo does is try to slash it, contrary to his more reserved fighting vs two headed demon in episode one

Mary Sue hyped up fire demon and then instantly kills it.

Maru Sue declares she will talk to Theo more instead of talking for him.

Ranks upon ranks of soldiers who will most likely become irrelevant come marching up onto the battle field.

Random ass Closed Eyed Swordsman introduced.

Rag-tag group of villagers assemble for war to keep the underdog story up.

Oh thats where Love Slave was.

Generic enemy soldiers dying left and right as per usual.

Free lords came out of nowhere on a flat field.

Big Lord easily beat... *Yawn*

Supposedly we're supposed to feel bad for Mary Sue on account of her cold relationship with her dad. Meh.

3/10 Disappointing battles so far and no development between Love Slave & Fan Girl.

Pretty much the end of my 3-episode rule... Meh.

Edit: Type Dead -> Dad
NakuyAug 3, 2019 2:59 PM
Aug 1, 2019 11:41 AM

Sep 2012
Jalter said:
Dropped because of Aishela, before I regret having watched it.

for that reason 😆

don't be a man/womanbaby but a man/woman 😊

weak and dumb reason for dropping

Sugram22Aug 3, 2019 12:18 AM
Aug 2, 2019 9:39 PM

Aug 2015
Sugram22 said:
Jalter said:
Dropped because of Aishela, before I regret having watched it.

for that reason 😆

don't be a manbaby but a man 😊

I'm not a man but well, I didn't liked the series at that time also I didn't describe exactly why and I would drop it anyway. May someday I'll watch it again. It's an old discussion btw
Aug 3, 2019 12:15 AM

Sep 2012
Jalter said:
Sugram22 said:

for that reason 😆

don't be a man/womanbaby but a man/woman 😊

I'm not a man but well, I didn't liked the series at that time also I didn't describe exactly why and I would drop it anyway. May someday I'll watch it again. It's an old discussion btw

well its not marked in ur profile, ur gender :D
also i dis say man/woman not just man

but if u have seen shield hero u know what i mean next, it also have dumb ppl and ppl being dumb just different way dumb that in shield hero, it is sure unique anime, but meany don't like the ending, its yea happy to 2mains, a lot of pointless wars, if Marine would have not been dumb and taken the worlds/awry ones burden on her self to lure out the real enemy a lot of lives would have been saved, shes suborn wanting to do all by herself to protect others (ppl just hate that she was forgiven all the pointless deaths that could have been avoided), u should get the picture when u watch till the end

but the series as a hole i like it 8/10
ending decant as well
Sugram22Mar 18, 2021 3:06 AM
Aug 3, 2019 3:44 PM

Aug 2015
Sugram22 said:
Jalter said:

well its not marked in ur profile, ur gender :D

but if u have seen shield hero u know what i mean next, it also have dumb ppl and ppl being dumb just different way dumb that in shield hero, it is sure unique anime, but meany don't like the ending, its yea happy to 2mains, a lot of pointless wars, if Marine would have not been dumb and taken the worlds/awry ones burden on her self to lure out the real enemy a lot of lives would have been saved, shes suborn wanting to do all by herself to protect others (ppl just hate that she was forgiven all the pointless deaths that could have been avoided), u should get the picture when u watch till the end

but the series as a hole i like it 8/10
ending decant as well

Actually I dropped the ln and the adaptations of tate no yuusha as well. It's an old post and I don't even remember why I dropped grancest senki, probably I loved this aishela's design but didn't liked her personality and/or other characters or events, wasn't interested in the plot and was watching all releases of that season or something else. I know it's probably a good series and can make a better impression if I watch more episodes as some friends says so, but I'm not interested nor have time to spend watching it. Let's end it here as it's a topic about the current episode and my post was old
Apr 29, 2020 11:19 AM

Feb 2018
Zelev said:
I guess it's one of those classic cases of "the source material is better."
we're have same things
Mar 3, 2021 8:37 PM
Oct 2019
things just sort of happen. they're not really developed. it's abrupt. moves from scene to scene without much to tie them together

the mc doesn't do much...anything?

i'm still interested in this show, but i hope it slows down a little and digs deeper into the characters and their schemes a little more. would really help the show out

nice that the independent lords came to his aide, but i'm sure they want something for their efforts, no? and that queen/princess lady didn't seem all that interest in theo pledging his loyalty to her at the end (via the mage girl). and i can't blame her. you can't just switch from side to side in a war and assume *anyone* will continue to find you trustworthy
HagePotPotatoMar 3, 2021 8:45 PM
Mar 18, 2021 3:09 AM

Sep 2012
HagePotPotato said:
things just sort of happen. they're not really developed. it's abrupt. moves from scene to scene without much to tie them together

the mc doesn't do much...anything?

i'm still interested in this show, but i hope it slows down a little and digs deeper into the characters and their schemes a little more. would really help the show out

nice that the independent lords came to his aide, but i'm sure they want something for their efforts, no? and that queen/princess lady didn't seem all that interest in theo pledging his loyalty to her at the end (via the mage girl). and i can't blame her. you can't just switch from side to side in a war and assume *anyone* will continue to find you trustworthy

they came to hes aid to protect their own sins kings ulterior motives it was said
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Grancrest Senki Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2018

489 by DesolatePsyche »»
Mar 26, 1:04 AM

Poll: » Grancrest Senki Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2018

146 by Leniam »»
Feb 27, 6:52 AM

Poll: » Grancrest Senki Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 2, 2018

61 by nick_el_son »»
Feb 24, 1:00 PM

Poll: » Grancrest Senki Episode 22 Discussion

Icedout15 - Oct 25, 2018

5 by phantom346 »»
Feb 3, 8:12 PM

Poll: » Grancrest Senki Episode 24 Discussion

ToG25thBaam - Aug 8, 2018

37 by Princesanatankum »»
Jan 29, 5:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.