Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 18, 2018 10:41 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
LOL, nice win. I'm not surprised given Erina's abilities but Momo's reactions are so priceless. 3-0.

Eizen is up next. Looking forward to Tsukasa vs Isshiki.
I'm also curious to see what kind of dish Rindou will come up next.
Jan 19, 2018 8:41 AM
Jun 2016
Erina's development is perfect. For her to have this realization that she's not just a queen, despite in the past she loved being worshipped, shows a lot of growth from her. Plus seeing more of her thoughts of her accepting Souma more is really nice.

Did anyone else notice that the first cover page in this chapter is similar to the one Souma had in his match against Saito?
Jan 19, 2018 1:38 PM
Dec 2017
surely, the major part of the predictions came up revealing truth; slaughter down Isshiki and Aldini for the most cliche ever expected such as Soma & Erina vs E01 and E02 in the final bout, the shakesperean cookmance, I will get a bit queasy watching the sitcon novel cliche..

Well, I hope from the bottom of my heart they won't end up the last shokugeki with Soma coming up being victorious dueling Tsukasa (not now at least), it would destroy his character so soon. I liked so much isshiki finally getting serious battles, not only showing his butt around and building rivers detours.. He could hang a little longer and win another challange. Same thought for megishima once though.

Aldini did his role so well, but his time is reaching the end of the tunnel. Amazing character, I have nothing to complain about all his part in this arch
Jan 19, 2018 9:04 PM
Jan 2018
Well it's not a surprised that erina win obviously there setting up a tag team match between erina and soma vs tsukasa and rindo it's more logical to make soma and erina win as a duo plus it also protects tsukasa and rindo cause losing an a tag team match doesn't make erina nor soma stronger but rather as a team their more effective anyway good chapter
Jan 19, 2018 9:36 PM

Dec 2012
Rindou is sure win.. and isshiki might lose, so souma can take a fight to eishi..and erina vs rindou
Jan 20, 2018 3:24 AM

Jan 2014
an easy win.
so even though several chapters focused on Erina and Momo battles, the other two already in battle. I thought they haven't started yet.
but looking as a result, Erina shokugeki is more like a normal shokugeki instead of regimental shokugeki (which require team work from the other two).

next fight would be focusing on both Tsukasa vs Isshiki and Rindou vs Aldini.
Rindou would definitely win, I still doubt Aldini can beat Rindou.
as for Isshiki, I still don't know yet, he still hide his fang.
Jan 20, 2018 3:40 AM

Mar 2016
is it out in english? Where we can find it?
Jan 20, 2018 5:56 AM

Oct 2017
Looking forward to tsukasa vs Isshiki and Takumi vs Rindou even though we know how it will end.
Jan 20, 2018 8:23 AM

Oct 2017
Was great to see the character development in Erina and her appreciation for Souma getting revealed more in this chapter. I think Takumi is going to lose here but there's a slight chance that Satoshi could win against Eishi. If he were to lose though, I wouldn't really mind because I'm interested in seeing the teamwork that Souma and Erina will bring against the top 2 of the Elite 10. It will definitely make the Elite 10 seemed weaker so I'm having some mixed opinions here...

Evo12 said:
Can I post links here? I know there are rules in other websites where I can't but I'm not sure if it applies here. Well anyways, here's the translation but someone can tell me if it's not allowed and I'll remove it.
https://imgur.com/a/bDs2O?desktop=1
OVERPOWERED99Jan 20, 2018 8:34 AM
My Anime List < Have a good day! > My Manga List
Jan 20, 2018 10:22 AM

Mar 2016
OVERPOWERED99 said:
Was great to see the character development in Erina and her appreciation for Souma getting revealed more in this chapter. I think Takumi is going to lose here but there's a slight chance that Satoshi could win against Eishi. If he were to lose though, I wouldn't really mind because I'm interested in seeing the teamwork that Souma and Erina will bring against the top 2 of the Elite 10. It will definitely make the Elite 10 seemed weaker so I'm having some mixed opinions here...

Evo12 said:
Can I post links here? I know there are rules in other websites where I can't but I'm not sure if it applies here. Well anyways, here's the translation but someone can tell me if it's not allowed and I'll remove it.
https://imgur.com/a/bDs2O?desktop=1

thanks. Just remove it, it's already up on some reader. :)
Jan 21, 2018 1:19 AM

Jan 2016
Sorry Momo-senpai, but "Kawaii" can't beat "Tsundere". xD

Whoa, they suddenly tell us Isshiki will against Tsukasa. So hyped!
Jan 21, 2018 8:42 AM
Jul 2017
Obvious win is obvious, just skip the next 2 obvious losses.
Jan 21, 2018 5:22 PM

Mar 2015
well, can't wait the outcome (no really, it's getting tiresome)..
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jan 21, 2018 6:02 PM

Jan 2018
Erina is overpowered x
Jan 21, 2018 9:16 PM
Aug 2011
Honestly things are getting very scary now. Let's not forget Rindou purposely remained as second seat because Eishii wants to be first seat in the flashback, this shows that there's a possibility that Rindou is actually very close or on par with Eishi(if not stronger). So seeing as how things are going now I highly doubt that Takumi can beat Rindou.
Jan 21, 2018 10:40 PM

Sep 2013
Erina going for the 120% thanks to megumi's match and pulls out a win.
Isshiki vs tsukasa , poor isshiki has no chance of winning since tsukasa has to be beat by souma :(
Jan 21, 2018 11:35 PM

Jan 2016
The outcomes are very predictable, but it's still enjoyable as long as the shokugekis are interesting.

Erina was stunning in this chapter, she's come a long way since the beginning of this manga.
Jan 21, 2018 11:57 PM

Dec 2013
I liked how Erina copied Souma’s line.
Jan 22, 2018 12:27 AM

Mar 2017
Erina is OP.

Unfortunately, the next two cards are not so hyped since we already know that Eishi and Rindou will win.
Jan 22, 2018 1:03 AM

Jan 2017
Erina copying Souma's line XD

I wonder how Isshiki will fare with Eishi. Seems like he's hiding his true potential.
Jan 22, 2018 1:33 AM

Jun 2013
I have a feeling Erina will be the last man standing for the rebels, then take out both Tsukasa and Rindou. That would be the best.
Jan 22, 2018 2:04 AM

Nov 2011
Those Elite Ten seats numbers need to change already.

Jan 22, 2018 2:32 AM

Apr 2016
Nice chapter! The win was already obvious since last chapter. Still a nice chapter though! Nice to see Erina slowly chance, good developments.

Well, it's apparent next will be two loses, so that Rindou vs. Erina and Eishi vs. Souma happen, but the shokugeki's are interesting so I don't mind. It would be cool though if Isshiki pulls out some hidden ace and wins the battle. Still, I can't see Takumi winning against Rindou, she's just too strong for him.
Jan 22, 2018 5:46 AM
Dec 2016
Expected win, but the next battle will be great.

Takami vs Rindo. Straight laced (kind of) Takami vs the no boundaries Rindo. This one'll be pretty interesting too.
Jan 22, 2018 6:17 AM

Jul 2014
Already saw this coming, not surprised. And lol, the chapter cover mirrors chapter 243. Another Soueri hint?
I'm sure Rindou would win against Takumi, but I don't know about Isshiki vs Eishi tho I'm rooting for the latter.
Jan 22, 2018 4:22 PM

Mar 2012
The author really wrote himself into a corner this time. No matter the outcome between Isshiki vs. Tsukuasa, there's going to be a huge backlash.

If Tsukasa loses, his title as the 1st seat would have no meaning whatsoever and all that hype of how good he was will be for nothing.

If Isshiki loses, all that build up/foreshadow we had of his true potential as a chef will get thrown right into the dumpster. Sure he could show it in the future but It would be bad writing in my opinion. The time to show it should be now. I'd be pretty cheesed if they did that pity judge/opponent acknowledgement of his skill like they did with Megumi. (still salty)

If it results in a tie (lazy choice imo) it'll be THE WORST choice he's ever made for this manga.

Regardless how the match is gonna turn, it's not a win/win for the storyline that's for sure. I'm leaning towards Isshiki to win cause I don't need to see Souma in the spotlight once again (only for him to lose in the final bout). It certainly seems to lean towards the whole Erina and Souma tag team but I've had enough of him already. He's beaten 3 of the Elite Ten, let someone else beat them for an exchange

The scene where Erina apparently avenges Megumi seems.....stupid. I'm sorry, the author may have intended the scene to be heart-warming but the fact that Erina absolutely destroyed her opponent in her own specialty EFFORTLESSLY, especially throwing that one-liner at the end "It's wasn't all that much", it may look like Erina was partly doing it for Megumi but to me, it just doubles down how superior Erina is to Megumi so I kinda wish they didn't do that. It all seems like pity to me.

Erina should have been able to beat Momo alone without all this charade.

RIP it's like Megumi's frustration on her loss against Momo has been resolved!
CEOAmaterasuJan 22, 2018 7:16 PM
Jan 22, 2018 7:37 PM

Aug 2014
Isshiki vs Eishi, now this is something I've been waiting for. I'm really hoping for all that build up and hints towards Isshiki's true skill don't get thrown out the window. Then again, I don't see Eishi losing this.

It will probably be a 2-1 for Eishi, scoring even one vote against the First Elite will be seen as amazing, so it will keep the readers somewhat satisfied.

Shokugeki said:
The scene where Erina apparently avenges Megumi seems.....stupid. I'm sorry, the author may have intended the scene to be heart-warming but the fact that Erina absolutely destroyed her opponent in her own specialty EFFORTLESSLY, especially throwing that one-liner at the end "It's wasn't all that much", it may look like Erina was partly doing it for Megumi but to me, it just doubles down how superior Erina is to Megumi so I kinda wish they didn't do that. It all seems like pity to me.

Agreed completely. But it's a Shounen after all.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Jan 23, 2018 12:39 AM

May 2012
- Of course they'd lewd the loli.

- Erina being a boss ass queen was a great treat to see + her using Souma's catchphrase will set the shippers alight.

- The next card is Isshiki vs Eishi, it's probably the most interesting because of it being the strongest 2nd year against the strongest 3rd year it won't be as easily predictable as the other cards. If I were to put numbers on it: 80% chance Eishi wins (but because his such a weak ass anemic bitch will lose to Souma in the coming round because of fatigue™), 15% chance it ends in a draw (like the Autumn elections one or all three judges can't choose which dish is better), 5% chance Isshiki wins (with either Rindou or Isshiki being secret 1st seats with little to no pretense and the story going to all hell). I'm really pulling for the draw because it keeps the integrity of both characters in tact - albeit may make Eishi look weaker but this can be remedied by having a theme that strongly favors Isshiki (something Japanese?). Also it makes the rebels winning alot more believable if it comes down to a 3v2 (Takumi has 99% chance of losing) rather than a 2v2.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 23, 2018 5:40 AM

Sep 2014
Erina copying Souma's line hehe, ship going strong ^^
Hope it won't take too long for the Isshiki and Takumi fights..outcome should be obvious.
Jan 24, 2018 12:19 AM

Nov 2016
Erina using Soumas catchphrase was so much win,well done.

R.i.p Isshiki and Takumi,tho. But at least I can look forward to see Isshikis and Tsukasas real power.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 24, 2018 4:34 AM
Sep 2017
Soma x Erina still Real I love them even more and I like more funny moments with them its priceless We know how it will end up at the finals Soma vs Eishi and Erina vs Rindou I can t wait for this to happen
Jan 24, 2018 11:38 AM
Nov 2016
I really like the development atm. Maybe Joichiro will come in to save the day at the end >.>
Jan 24, 2018 12:08 PM

Mar 2014
Looks like the finale will be:
Souma vs Tsukasa-chan
Erina vs Rindou-senpai
Jan 24, 2018 2:52 PM
Jun 2016
Shokugeki said:

Well the message wasn't really Erina avenging Megumi, it was for Momo to understand the importance of Megumi's dish and why it irritated her, and to show Erina's development and how her style of cooking has changed because of the people around her. Erina parallels with Momo in that they can't accept a certain way of cooking, so we needed it to be this way so that Momo can understand Megumi.

I think Erina saying Souma's catchphrase is really important. It's supposed to show that she isn't looking down on others anymore since that phrase means to be humble.
Jan 26, 2018 6:17 AM
Nov 2017
As expected, Erina won. No less from the possessor of the god's tongue.

At least we have an idea how strong now is Megumi, despite her loss.
Jan 26, 2018 6:56 AM
Nov 2017
Shokugeki said:
The author really wrote himself into a corner this time. No matter the outcome between Isshiki vs. Tsukuasa, there's going to be a huge backlash.

If Tsukasa loses, his title as the 1st seat would have no meaning whatsoever and all that hype of how good he was will be for nothing.

If Isshiki loses, all that build up/foreshadow we had of his true potential as a chef will get thrown right into the dumpster. Sure he could show it in the future but It would be bad writing in my opinion. The time to show it should be now. I'd be pretty cheesed if they did that pity judge/opponent acknowledgement of his skill like they did with Megumi. (still salty)

If it results in a tie (lazy choice imo) it'll be THE WORST choice he's ever made for this manga.

Regardless how the match is gonna turn, it's not a win/win for the storyline that's for sure. I'm leaning towards Isshiki to win cause I don't need to see Souma in the spotlight once again (only for him to lose in the final bout). It certainly seems to lean towards the whole Erina and Souma tag team but I've had enough of him already. He's beaten 3 of the Elite Ten, let someone else beat them for an exchange

Since the start of the Promotion Exams arc, Tsukuda has been shooting himself in the foot several times already. It just got worse during the RdC. I just hope they don't do to Isshiki what they did to Megumi.

Like you, I'm still very salty about Megumi losing against Momo. As per Erina's validation, Megumi should have AT LEAST put her match with Momo into a DRAW or WIN BY A NARROW MARGIN, if she didn't sacrifice her 100 points to get 120. I'm really very frustrated that the writer used this situation to justify Megumi's loss. She looked like she was just used as Erina's stepping stone because of what has transpired during Erina vs. Momo card. If you can recall Ch. 244, Megumi suddenly felt down after cheering for Soma's win against Somei. That scene was VERY heartbreaking.

I hope that Megumi will have her own arc after this. An arc that is also connected to the main plot which will showcase her skills and characters' training and development.
Apr 1, 2018 4:21 PM

Dec 2014
damn Isshiki vs Eishi. This is really a big matchup. I can't imagine either losing.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Chapter 315 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Arjuna777 - Jun 12, 2019

134 by addictedtoliving »»
Aug 5, 2023 5:38 AM

» COMPLETED Compilation of All Recipes!

kayune_ - Aug 1, 2022

4 by reedread »»
Feb 13, 2023 1:36 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Chapter 283 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2018

24 by uglycat »»
Oct 23, 2022 10:42 AM

Poll: » Our Love Counseling Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2014

18 by removed-user »»
Oct 2, 2022 6:16 AM

Poll: » Best Girl of Shokugeki no Souma ( 1 2 3 4 )

Subbed - Apr 8, 2014

158 by Saia_er »»
Aug 16, 2022 12:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.