Forum Settings
Forums

Manga 'Hataraku Saibou' Gets TV Anime for Summer 2018

New
Jan 18, 2018 8:09 PM
Jul 2018
An official website was launched announcing that Akane Shimizu's anthropomorphic manga Hataraku Saibou (Cells at Work!) will receive a TV anime adaptation slated to broadcast in July 2018.

Synopsis
This is a story about you. A tale about the inside of your body... According to a new study, the human body consists of approximately 37 trillion cells. These cells are hard at work every day within a world that is your body. From the oxygen-carrying red blood cells to the bacteria-fighting white blood cells, get to know the unsung heroes and the drama that unfolds inside of you! It's the oddly relatable and interesting story that is the life of cells! (Source: Aniplex USA)

Staff
Director: Kenichi Suzuki (JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken (TV))
Series Composition: Yuuko Kakihara (Tsuki ga Kirei)
Script: Yuuko Kakihara, Kenichi Suzuki
Character Design: Takahiko Yoshida (NHK ni Youkoso!)
Prop Design, Action Animation Director: Kenta Mimuro (JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai)
Sub Character Design: Keiko Tamaki (Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood key animator)
Chief Animation Director: Keiko Tamaki, Takahiko Yoshida
Art Director: Atelier Platz (Sword Art Online Movie: Ordinal Scale background art)
Art Design: Yoshihiro Sono (Kidou Senshi Gundam Katana), Kouji Hashiguchi (Suisei no Gargantia: Meguru Kouro, Haruka animation director)
Color Setting: Aiko Mizuno (Sakurada Reset)
Director of Photography: Yuki Ooshima (ēlDLIVE assistant director of photography)
CG Director: Yutaka Nakajima (Gintama')
Editing: Kiyoshi Hirose (Mob Psycho 100)
Sound Director: Jin Aketagawa (No Game No Life)
Sound Producer: Magic Capsule
Music: Kenichiro Suehiro (Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou), Mayuko (Miira no Kaikata)
Producer: Yuuma Takahashi (Monogatari series publicity producer)
Animation Producer: Go Wakamatsu (Inu x Boku SS)
Studio: David production
Production: Aniplex, Kodansha, David production

The manga has been serialized in Kodansha's monthly Shounen Sirius magazine since January 2015 and has five compiled volumes in print, with the latest released on August 2017. The manga won seventh place in the male readers category in the 2016 edition of Kono Manga ga Sugoi rankings. A special animated commercial was released with the manga's fifth limited edition volume in July 2017.

Kodansha Comics USA has been publishing the manga in English since November 1, 2016. The fifth volume was recently released in November last year.

PV

Official site: http://hataraku-saibou.com/
Official Twitter: @hataraku_saibou
Official English site: http://www.aniplexusa.com/cellsatwork/

Source: animate Times

Hataraku Saibou (TV) on MAL
NaruleachJan 18, 2018 9:18 PM
Jan 18, 2018 8:20 PM

Aug 2013
OMFG I'M SOOOOO HAPPY! This is my favorite manga EVER😍😍 It's criminally underrated.
SnK 3 and now this❤️ July is going to be awesome.
Jan 18, 2018 8:22 PM

Nov 2011
Surprised David Production is making this.

I'm looking forward to it. That premise and staff list so far has a lot of my interest.
Jan 18, 2018 8:23 PM

May 2015
Talk about an unexpected adaptation.

Jan 18, 2018 8:35 PM
Aug 2017
This probably ensures that Jojo Part 5 will not be released this year. They already have 2 anime in the making.
Jan 18, 2018 8:52 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Oh shiet the anime version of Osmosis Jones
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jan 18, 2018 8:55 PM

Dec 2016
So... I'm assuming this just delays JoJo Pt.5? ...
Jan 18, 2018 9:02 PM

Jun 2014
I saw "Hataraku" and immediately got my hopes up that it would be a second season of Hataraku Maou-sama. Oh well, this sounds different and interesting so I'll watch it.

RIP Jojo Part 5.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jan 18, 2018 9:13 PM

Feb 2016
Holy shit ! I was thinking that Hataraku Saibou could make for an interesting educational anime when i first read the manga and a month later an anime was announced. Truly this is the best time to be alive.

now if dungeon meshi , kono sekai a game, blue giant get adapted then we be golden
Because we're stupid that we love to have fun
Jan 18, 2018 9:38 PM

Apr 2014
Fuck it, I thought this was Hataraku Maou-sama!
Is this anime for kids?
If yes I'm out.
Haters always gonna hate.
Jan 18, 2018 9:47 PM

Dec 2015
I always liked Osmosis Jones, so I'm looking forward to see how this will play out.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jan 18, 2018 9:50 PM

Mar 2015
if only more chapter translated, this seires already on my radar since long time, but lack of translation make me kind of reluctant...

i heard it was funny and has nice story and very informative...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jan 18, 2018 10:00 PM
Jan 2016
There's nothing particularly amazing about the PV, but the premise is definitely interesting. For the premise alone, I will try this one.
Jan 18, 2018 10:34 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
This "type" of fictional stories are always more premise intersting then they end up being. But I'm rooting for it. Hope for some good comedy and what not.
Jan 18, 2018 10:47 PM

Jul 2014
This is pretty much a comfy slice of life Osmosis Jones with a Death Note L and a ditzy Shirayukihime lookalike as the protagonists. Very fun and cute. Not to mention informative. Learn all about the human body and its complex functions through the daily life of anthropomorphized Cells!

The manga is a real gem that hasnt gotten much attention, so I'm glad that someone out there recognized its potential and is giving it an anime. There isn't anything quite like it that can so smoothly incorporate educational elements into its plot without making it feel like "ugh, learning". Its just a genuinely entertaining story.

Check it out when it airs!
Jan 19, 2018 12:13 AM

Nov 2013
The premise sounds interesting. From PV it looks like comedy. I hope it won't be a short or something.

Btw, the one voicing that PV sounds like Hanakana isn't it? I wonder if she'll be in the anime.

@UglyBarnacle Where do you read the manga? I could only find 1 chapter.
JJHRTDJan 19, 2018 12:53 AM
Jan 19, 2018 12:18 AM

Jul 2015
>tsundere female lead
Well this is an insta avoid

Enjoy tsundere fags
Jan 19, 2018 12:53 AM

Aug 2013
tragedydesu said:
>tsundere female lead

Enjoy tsundere fags

Red blood cell isn't a tsundere, like at all.
Jan 19, 2018 1:00 AM

Sep 2007
_Spectacled_ said:
OMFG I'M SOOOOO HAPPY! This is my favorite manga EVER😍😍 It's criminally underrated.
SnK 3 and now this❤️ July is going to be awesome.

YES YES YES !
We have this manga in France and i really love it !
Jan 19, 2018 1:20 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
tragedydesu said:
>tsundere female lead

Enjoy tsundere fags
tragedy is so paranoid at this point that now he sees tsunderes leads even when an anime doesnt have one

Topkek
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jan 19, 2018 1:36 AM

Jul 2015
DatRandomDude said:
tragedydesu said:
>tsundere female lead

Enjoy tsundere fags
tragedy is so paranoid at this point that now he sees tsunderes leads even when an anime doesnt have one

Topkek

Baka-updates tags never lie :)
Jan 19, 2018 6:26 AM

Dec 2015
DatRandomDude said:
Oh shiet the anime version of Osmosis Jones

But, what about Il était une fois la vie (the japanese/french/italian coproduction)?

@jejehartadi We read it at the bookshop (or supermarket or comicshop). Unless we decide to buy it so we can read it anywhere at anytime.
And yes, it's a comedy (or most characters would have already died due to their limited lifespan) but there is regularly a "new monster chapter" to introduce some bacteria & co., with the unavoidable fight ensuing. And blood. More than you would expect (despite that the manga is often taking place in the blood circulation system).

Why is your internet alias so familiar?
edit @ShiroiRyu Googled and remembered it: the french anime/manga databse, Anime-kun.

@tragedydesu No tsundere heroine here, sorry. Just a airhead who has no sense of orientation (so, you go the wrong archetype)
Rei_IIIJan 22, 2018 9:05 AM
Jan 19, 2018 9:07 AM

Jan 2017
Kenichiro Suehiro is handling the OST for this? That's nice, I can't wait to hear what he comes up with for this new series.
BlackCiceroJan 19, 2018 9:47 AM
Jan 19, 2018 10:41 AM

Jul 2014
jejehartadi said:
The premise sounds interesting. From PV it looks like comedy. I hope it won't be a short or something.

Btw, the one voicing that PV sounds like Hanakana isn't it? I wonder if she'll be in the anime.

@UglyBarnacle Where do you read the manga? I could only find 1 chapter.

Dont think you will find scanlations anywhere. Its officially licensed so I read it at a local bookstore

tragedydesu said:
>tsundere female lead

Enjoy tsundere fags

I dont think its possible for cute ditzy airheads to be tsundere. But theres not even any romance so -dere archetypes dont even apply here anyway.
KazuyaKiyoshiJan 19, 2018 10:47 AM
Jan 19, 2018 1:30 PM
Jul 2018
This looks something that I'll probably like. PV doesn't really good that intriguing but the premise is.
Jan 19, 2018 1:51 PM

Jun 2015
The plot sounds awfully familiar.

Should be an interesting watch.
Jan 19, 2018 1:51 PM

Nov 2013
@Rei366
@UglyBarnacle
I see. I don't think the manga is licensed yet in my country so I better wait for the anime.
Jan 20, 2018 10:21 AM

Oct 2012
Really looking forward to this. Sure it's an old idea (I've seen it in many cartoons) but the fact that it's a whole series has me intrigued.
Jan 20, 2018 12:05 PM

Sep 2007
Rei366 said:

@ShiroiRyu Why is your internet alias so familiar?

I'm everywhere ...
For the best or the worse. ^^
Why ? ^^
You saw me where ?
Jan 25, 2018 2:48 AM

May 2015
tragedydesu said:
>tsundere female lead

Enjoy tsundere fags

You're honestly delusional.

More topics from this board

» 'Black★★Rock Shooter: Dawn Fall' Reveals Additional Cast, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Feb 11, 2022

11 by nisafitri »»
12 minutes ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Yesterday, 3:41 PM

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 1:40 PM

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

1 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.