Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Post New Reply
Jan 26, 9:43 AM

It's an interesting pheonmenon with Violet Evergarden. It's true, so far the characters and what's going on - not that interesting. But the world and the people in it are just so beautiful that you still want to spend time there.
I actually tried to get started with the novel, and I can't keep going. I hate novels that are only pretty words and cheap tear jerkers.

Jan 26, 11:46 AM
thepath said:
AmMar-Sama said:
You have no right to complain about stuff being overrated with Code Geass in your favorites, OP.

Code Geass is overrated . It is one of the best anime of all time, and it does not deserve to be on the top 50 list. Not to mention, that Lelouch is one of the worst character of all time

don't have to thx me i just did what i had to do

Jan 26, 12:23 PM
kirakiii said:
thepath said:

Code Geass is underrated. It one of the best anime of all time, and it deserve to be on the top 5 list. Not to mention, that Lelouch is one of the best character of all time

You are telling me an intelligent character, with charisma and one of the best voices/speech skill of all time, is one of the worst character ?!

If that is worst character then I wonder what is good character is supposed to be ?! Is is not hard to see that Lelouch is better than most of those generic character we see in other anime

Also, nobody cares about your opinion. Lelouch has 74,622 member favorite in mal which is make him the most liked character in this website. Your opinion is among the minority and irrelevant
https://myanimelist.net/character.php

Jan 26, 12:26 PM
We are only 3 episodes in and the first two were mediocre in terms of story telling but VERY impressive visually. The third episode was pretty good story wise too so I don't think it's 'rated' in any way, not yet.

Jan 26, 12:55 PM

i want to wait at least 6 eps to judge that

Jan 26, 1:01 PM

The Title Shows you that this is a Shitpost. Why not put it in all caps and with [ and ] The next time??
KINDA LIKE THIS!!!
[ O V E R R A T E D ]

Jan 26, 5:40 PM
Wow, almost everyone here is on the extremes of both shitty sides of fanboyism and contrarian.

Yes, it's way too early to be calling this show absolutely amazing and god tier, so people shouldn't do that, but it's also not early enough to be calling it garbage tier either. It works both ways.

Why are some of you trying to argue about subjective matters and opinions? A lot of you are especially generalizing quite a bit as well. "All of KyoAni's shows are garbage, moe cutesy cancer" or "All of KyoAni's shows are absolute good and fun shows", neither of those are true at all.

Also, I do agree with the people saying we should stop throwing around shit like "overrated" and "underrated", because a lot of you don't even realize what that means anymore, despite the fact that it's insanely obvious. Saying an anime is overrated means you think it's rated too highly for what it is, it does NOT mean you think it's bad. For example, I have a friend who thinks Cowboy Bebop is overrated. He thinks that people rating it a 9 or 10 is too much, when his personal score of it is an 8. Not a bad score still.

If you think a show is bad, then say it's bad. Don't pussyfoot around.

thepath said:
kirakiii said:

You are telling me an intelligent character, with charisma and one of the best voices/speech skill of all time, is one of the worst character ?!

If that is worst character then I wonder what is good character is supposed to be ?! Is is not hard to see that Lelouch is better than most of those generic character we see in other anime

Also, nobody cares about your opinion. Lelouch has 74,622 member favorite in mal which is make him the most liked character in this website. Your opinion is among the minority and irrelevant

Are you really using popularity as a defense for a character being good? Despite the fact that I completely disagree with him being a good character, you having the opinion of him apparently being good is completely fine, we all have opinions and none are wrong. Just don't use the argument of "oh because he has the numbers, automatically makes me right". You realize that using numbers as evidence is the same as saying Justin Bieber is an insanely great musician because of his absolute insane amount of fans right?
Modified by burntphoenix, Jan 26, 5:43 PM

Jan 26, 7:50 PM
Gersoncs said:

Bad writing, huh? The moment in the end of the second episode is meaning "Now, I can say it out loud that my friend is dead. I always tried to hide this fact from myself and never said it to anybody(his own girlfriend don't know about his best friend). This is my point of no return". This is obvious that people understood his death from very beginning. I think this " cliffhanger" is about Hodgins, not about Gilbert.
About war and feelings. Do you know that during the war people are getting less emotional? Man can adapt to any situation and eventually he can get used to mud, blood and even deaths. Hasford, Barbusse, Remarque, Hemingway, Tolstoy - they all told their stories of getting used to death. You can often hear about veterans who turned into unemotional machines after war. Also, you could see that Violet had feelings - when Gilbert was dying she cried and cried a lot. She has emotions even now but her problem is: she don't understand emotions different from hate, duty and other "war feelings". In other words, she get used to war but in ordinary life this adaptation to war is useless. You should feel, you should make some useless things. There's no duty or terror. You're free, there's no any commander. IMO that's what is show about: about adapting to peaceful life.

Jan 26, 10:07 PM

Horrible show. I can name fifteen better anime airing.

Jan 26, 10:36 PM
thepath said:
kirakiii said:

1 no opinion is irrelevant
2 kirito is in the top 20 most favorited character so.......
3 lelouch is a shit character
And if a character have to be intelligent with some shitty personality and the ability to speak to be good then dunno what to tell you lmao

Jan 27, 12:30 AM

kirakiii said:
thepath said:

And if a character have to be intelligent with some shitty personality and the ability to speak to be good then dunno what to tell you lmao

I agree that Lelouch is shit but that hasn't really got anything to do with the thread topic at hand here.
“Even if you can't see me, even if you can't hear me, I'll be by your side.” - Madoka Kaname

Jan 27, 9:16 AM

Wow, people are reaching towards other people's favorite shows to dismiss their opinions on another show. How low can you folks get?

Jan 27, 11:16 AM

The show is incredibly lame with it's pacing as it goes so far.

Jan 27, 6:13 PM

Toshiya0 said:
Wow, people are reaching towards other people's favourite shows to dismiss their opinions on another show. How low can you folks get?

who knows, when there are too many people watch VE, there gotta have some kids screwing around with ignorant and illogical comment

“It's okay to live, even if there's no greater point to living. -” Konno Yuuki

“God would never put us through all this suffering if he didn't think we could bear it.” -Konno Yuuki

“Life is not a game of luck. If you wanna win, work hard.” – Sora

Jan 29, 11:19 PM

DeepMind2038 said:
It's an interesting pheonmenon with Violet Evergarden. It's true, so far the characters and what's going on - not that interesting. But the world and the people in it are just so beautiful that you still want to spend time there.
I actually tried to get started with the novel, and I can't keep going. I hate novels that are only pretty words and cheap tear jerkers.

Why do you think a grand prize novel would be like that? : /

Jan 30, 6:29 PM

Twiist said:
DeepMind2038 said:

Why do you think a grand prize novel would be like that? : /

It's just a contest among handful of kyoani's writer. Not nearly as grand as people make it out to be. lol

Jan 31, 7:19 PM

I like it. But if the slow pacing bothers people, I can understand....it's not a series for everyone, especially those who want lots of action. xD

Jan 31, 10:46 PM
I wouldn't say it's overrated per say, as ratings are personal, but I will most definitely call it over-hyped.

I just think it's kinda funny how some fans that create hype around a series can't seem to take criticism or different opinions. By over-hyping initially, expectations are raised, can't fault people for being disappointed. I mean this in a general sense, not just Violet Evergarden specifically. Take Made in Abyss for example people were calling it AOTS before it even aired, I went in blind with no preconceived notions and holy shit was I blown away.

OT: Violet Evergarden is beautiful visually, minus the use of that odd filter but the anime is let down by the characters.
Modified by CtrlZED, Jan 31, 10:51 PM

Feb 1, 2:07 AM

The amount of hate for this show is too much but I agree it's a bit overrated
Modified by kikiabdull, Feb 1, 2:11 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Feb 1, 1:23 PM
kirakiii said:
thepath said:

(You can tell this is a violet evergarden fan if they don't even understand simple characterisation lol)

Lol... Says a violet evergarden fan...that's cute
(I get understanding characterisation is hard so someone would easily like VE but still...lol)
...wow.. OK.. I admit.. I feel trashy bringing myself down to your level now

When people realize there's no valid point they have so they're like "Hey..but you like this anime I don't"...
I don't even hate VE...but the fangirls...lol
Must have been tough picking between that and "you're a shounentard"...those are really the only attempts at making a valid point VE fans have
Don't be surprised more people end up disliking it..XD
Modified by JudoJD, Feb 1, 1:29 PM

Feb 1, 1:28 PM
JudoJD said:
kirakiii said:

(I get understanding characterisation is hard so someone would easily like VE but still...lol)
lmao go back when you find logical replies
Because liking an anime doesn't make me a fan of its mc so better luck kid and stop getting triggered easily

Feb 1, 1:31 PM
KonnoYuukiSenpai said:
Toshiya0 said:
Wow, people are reaching towards other people's favourite shows to dismiss their opinions on another show. How low can you folks get?

who knows, when there are too many people watch VE, there gotta have some kids screwing around with ignorant and illogical comment

Ikr.......... but hey... It's not like they have much to say about the show besides "OMG! The visuals! OMG! The music! OMG! The feels? "

Feb 1, 2:04 PM
kirakiii said:
thepath said:

Violet evergarden fangirls showing their poor ability to understand characters XD. No wonder you like this trash of an anime

Feb 1, 2:05 PM
Yugen_ said:

People say wait at least 3 then now 6? Make your minds up

Feb 1, 2:11 PM
JudoJD said:
kirakiii said:

...wow.. OK.. I admit.. I feel trashy bringing myself down to your level now

When people realize there's no valid point they have so they're like "Hey..but you like this anime I don't"...
I don't even hate VE...but the fangirls...lol
Must have been tough picking between that and "you're a shounentard"...those are really the only attempts at making a valid point VE fans have
Don't be surprised more people end up disliking it..XD

Well look who we have here. The Gintama post guy right? Anyway I mean if someone thinks VE is good it explains why they have trash enough taste to think Lelouch of all people is a bad character. Why does anyone take these triggered fanboy opinions seriously. The fact someone has to go to someone's fave list to make a point shows how dumb the person you're dealing with is

Feb 1, 2:15 PM
Aside from the visuals which are good and the mucisc which is meh
Violet evergarden got only 4 airing eps until now and which most of them weren't a big support to the main plot they felt like fillers but they did a nice job in developing violet character(making her understand more about human feelings ginving her a new purpose other then wanting to help her general blindly ...) and giving us a general idiea about the personalities of each character and it also represented a backstory of the start of the source material where violet is already a pro
The anime so far covered many human feelings and type of humans and ways of thinking which shows during the characters interactions and during the letter writing process
The main purpose of an anime like violet evergarden is also to evoke different types of feelings from sadness to happiness to sympathy towards characters and this anime succeeded to do so until now
Unlike what people says the pacing of this anime isn't slow and it is even rushed at some parts (for example ep 3 was a bit rushed )
Some people complain about violet being a bland character and those people are either stupid or stupid because violet is meant to be bland and it was explained why she was like that and if she wasn't it would be even be considered "unrealistic"
And what makes me continue watching this serie aside from those things i mentioned is the fact that i want to see how will violet character develop from being a bland girl that doesn't know the meaning of a basic human feeling to a girl who will be able to understand her own feelings and others people feelings (that if it actually happens )
and also i wanna see how violet will react when she knows what actually happened to her general and if she will regret not knowing the meaning of i love you before that (that if what i think what happened to him actually happened )
And i am also exited to see different type of people with different types of personalities and backstories that will come asking to get their "feelings" translated into letters
And i am also interested in that glasses girl which personality and character seam to be all over the place at first but start to get clearer

And btw for people saying that some people are telling the op but you like .... anime

Welp op mentioned that this anime was overated because in his/her opinion it is bland and probably other reasons so....if the people feel like those ....are even more bland why shouldn't they mention that ?

Feb 1, 2:19 PM

AnnaHomura said:
Yugen_ said:

People say wait at least 3 then now 6? Make your minds up

It's because I can't reference it with anything, but until now the story is crap lol
Modified by Yugen_, Feb 1, 2:25 PM

Feb 1, 2:20 PM
and barely anything from the violet evergarden source material was adapted all of those are original content which are preparing for what happens in the novel
So 3 eps aren't enough to judge

Feb 1, 2:28 PM
AnnaHomura said:
kirakiii said:

Violet evergarden fangirls showing their poor ability to understand characters XD. No wonder you like this trash of an anime
damn you look so triggered and funny how you assume someone's gender with nothing (your guess was wrong btw )
and yeah i can confirm that you have poor abilities in understanding characters so no wonder you feal like ve is trash
Anw each person opinion matter
And btw taste have nothing to do with thinking a character is good or not like i like a shit character like that girl from ladies versus butler but in my opinion her character is generic af (lelouch character is generic af btw )
So wish you will think more before saying illogical things thx for expressing your opinion

Feb 1, 6:21 PM

JudoJD said:
KonnoYuukiSenpai said:

Ikr.......... but hey... It's not like they have much to say about the show besides "OMG! The visuals! OMG! The music! OMG! The feels? "

That OMG music/feels is still acceptable at least they affect other ppl that much but holy do people really need to gone that far to say sth like" Violet Evergarden fangirls showing their poor ability to understand characters XD. No wonder you like this trash of an anime"
or sth like
" kirito is in the top 20 most favorited character so....... "
It is pretty much personal harassment with nothing related to the forum itself, all I see is how uncivilized people were using those offensives words or saying sth bad at other preferences to support their own POV

“It's okay to live, even if there's no greater point to living. -” Konno Yuuki

“God would never put us through all this suffering if he didn't think we could bear it.” -Konno Yuuki

“Life is not a game of luck. If you wanna win, work hard.” – Sora

Feb 1, 11:27 PM
It’s a beautifuly animated slice of life, with likable characters, believeable world, and done by the infamous Kyoto Animation. What’s not to like?

Feb 2, 2:58 AM
kirakiii said:
AnnaHomura said:

damn you look so triggered and funny how you assume someone's gender with nothing (your guess was wrong btw )
and yeah i can confirm that you have poor abilities in understanding characters so no wonder you feal like ve is trash
And btw taste have nothing to do with thinking a character is good or not like i like a shit character like that girl from ladies versus butler but in my opinion her character is generic af (lelouch character is generic af btw )
So wish you will think more before saying illogical things thx for expressing your opinion

The person writing a book to defend this garbage is talking about people being triggered lul..well I have nothing better to do so I can spend time with you entertaining me.
You think VE's good so it's not like I expect any reason or semblance of good taste from you. That would be too much to ask.
Talking about generic characters? No. There's opinions and someone just being plain dumb fangirl reaching at straws trying to make it look like they know what they're talking about but instead proving how dumb they are. Have you watched VE even? Talking about generic characters? XD XD. No, this is funny. Seen brick walls with with more unique personalities than the entire cast of this trash dump and someone's trying to trash anime with plainly and obviously better characters like haha
Stay triggered fangirl. You're show is just so bad minus the visuals.
Wait, did you just talk about assuming someone's gender? Pfffff XD. Sorry you identify as a helicopter or what? But of course you're a snowflake. Why am I not surprised. Whatever you have to say totally matters now XD
It's not like any VE fangirl ever has anything of value to say
You had to go to someone's favourites list to find a show you have clearly proven you don't understand despite it not being that complex in the first nor a relevant topic of discussion just to trash talk because they don't like your garbage. That legit puts you at the bottom of the barell of triggered internet trolls. Who cares what you think about any other anime on the planet? At least I have to think more, you have to start learning how to think. XD

And please reply. I wanna read more of your wisdom senpai. So much wisdom. Let's write a book together. (Try not to be triggered this time snowflake)
Modified by AnnaHomura, Feb 2, 3:17 AM

Feb 2, 3:01 AM
Waiting for the day that dude will actually give reasons on why the show is bad lmao ^

Feb 2, 3:28 AM
AnnaHomura said:
kirakiii said:

The person writing a book to defend this garbage is talking about people being triggered lul..well I have nothing better to do so I can spend time with you entertaining me.
You think VE's good so it's not like I expect any reason or semblance of good taste from you. That would be too much to ask.
Talking about generic characters? No. There's opinions and someone just being plain dumb fangirl reaching at straws trying to make it look like they know what they're talking about but instead proving how dumb they are. Have you watched VE even? Talking about generic characters? XD XD. No, this is funny. Seen brick walls with with more unique personalities than the entire cast of this trash dump and someone's trying to trash anime with plainly and obviously better characters like haha
Wait, did you just talk about assuming someone's gender? Pfffff XD. Sorry you identify as a helicopter or what? But of course you're a snowflake. Why am I not surprised. Whatever you have to say totally matters now XD
You had to go to someone's favourites list to find a show you have clearly proven you don't understand despite it not being that complex in the first nor a relevant topic of discussion just to trash talk because they don't like your garbage. That legit puts you at the bottom of the barell of triggered internet trolls. Who cares what you think about any other anime on the planet? At least I have to think more, you have to start learning how to think. XD

And please reply. I wanna read more of your wisdom senpai. So much wisdom. Let's write a book together. (Try not to be triggered this time snowflake)
Don't know who is dumber. kirakiii for desperately trying to trash other anime on people's lists to defend this or you for wasting your energy replying to it (Don't wanna assume genders here lol)
By the time someone has gone to someone's list to pull out an anime to make a failure of an attempt at making a point.. You should know the kind of internet scum you're dealing with by that point.

Feb 2, 3:42 AM
JudoJD said:
AnnaHomura said:

Don't know who is dumber. kirakiii for desperately trying to trash other anime on people's lists to defend this or you for wasting your energy replying to it (Don't wanna assume genders here lol)
By the time someone has gone to someone's list to pull out an anime to make a failure of an attempt at making a point.. You should know the kind of internet scum you're dealing with by that point.
I know that but you gotta have fun when you run into people this dumb. It's entertaining, sue me

Now it'll tell me I'm assuming its species XD

Feb 2, 4:16 AM

Just wait ffs. You all want her to remember everything and find out what love is in 3 eps. jesuschrist. People in this site has a serious obsession with judging too early. Let the show set his things up.

Feb 2, 4:20 AM

Look at your favorites before calling something overrated

Feb 2, 7:21 AM
Sure as hell, not overrated. Overhyped? Maybe.

Leaving animation and art aside, because, as is customary with KyoAni, they are 12/10, the story is developing quite slowly, but Violet is already a very interesting MC with great background, and development potential. The supporting characters are quite diverse and have strong and quite realistic personalities going for them, as far as anime personalities go, at least.

My main critique is the slow pacing, which makes it seem like nothing's happening in the show, however as the story is based on character development (this is outright said in the first episode), I can actually get behind this slowness if the pace picks up in the later episodes. This will create a very realistic feeling of personal growth and development - first you struggle to grasp the idea of what you want to become or change, things don't go your way at all, with sparse initial successes, which often set you back, by making you feel like you're doing amazing already. Episode four presents it quite well, and with Violet's personality, it can be bluntly put into words without breaking the immersion. Afterwards your own pace picks up and you keep getting better, until you hit your first serious roadblock, defeating this will probably be ending of this anime.

Feb 2, 7:23 AM

Art is good. Characters are not. I seriously can't deal with how Violet acts. She's just plain dumb and that's it.

Feb 2, 7:26 AM
Toshiya0 said:
Wow, people are reaching towards other people's favorite shows to dismiss their opinions on another show. How low can you folks get?

Well, your likes and dislikes are pretty valid way of judging your credibility in cases like this. People who have harems or shounens at the top of their lists, with very little other genres rated decently, really shouldn't have a voice in this matter. It shows favouritism and hence contradicts objectivity. If I showed a great show, like Bakemonogatari, to a guy who thinks that Naruto is a pinnacle of anime, of course he won't like it, despite all important measures saying it's one of the best anime of all time.

Feb 2, 7:28 AM
TheOrdinaryMaiky said:
Art is good. Characters are not. I seriously can't deal with how Violet acts. She's just plain dumb and that's it.

That's the point of her character. She was never raised like a normal child, all she's known until now was war. It's a story about her struggle to adapt to society, something a lot of PTSD sufferers have to go through. Of course she's going to be "stupid", as she was never taught about social norms. It's like saying Tarzan was stupid, because he didn't know a proper table etiquette.

Feb 2, 9:07 AM

Rufix said:
Toshiya0 said:

Well, your likes and dislikes are pretty valid way of judging your credibility in cases like this. People who have harems or shounens at the top of their lists, with very little other genres rated decently, really shouldn't have a voice in this matter. It shows favouritism and hence contradicts objectivity. If I showed a great show, like Bakemonogatari, to a guy who thinks that Naruto is a pinnacle of anime, of course he won't like it, despite all important measures saying it's one of the best anime of all time.

Your inability to see anything wrong with it tells me a lot about you too.
Modified by Toshiya_, Feb 2, 6:57 PM

Feb 3, 5:40 AM

Toshiya0 said:
Rufix said:

Your inability to see anything wrong with it tells me a lot about you too.
Exactly
Exactly
Exactly
(dumb character limit) lol

Feb 3, 2:50 PM
A lot of people don’t seem to understand why this series was hyped in the first place. It was the first LN to win the KyoAni Grand Prize in the LN category. So of course it’s going to be hyped. Is it overrated? Probably not. Why? Well you don’t earn a grand prize at an award ceremony for no reason.

Feb 3, 4:27 PM

Terribly overrated boring anime with nothing for it except its visuals. It's also almost 100% KyoAni filler.
Stop the sequels high-ranking stupidity.
Group franchises in Top Anime page.
Because Gintama is just "one" anime and not 5.

Feb 3, 4:40 PM

I wouldn't say its overrated, but its become rather overexposed. Its by far the most visually stunning anime to come out in a long time, so of course people are going to talk about it. However, I can't help but feel that its trying way to hard to impress times. This anime has done very little for me besides provide eye candy, and that is my main issue at the moment. Violet herself ranges from intolerable to extremely annoying and the story itself just isn't doing it for me. The animation, music, character design, and pretty much everything else is on point though. Its an extremely beautiful but hollow show so far and I can't help but feel that the people that claimed it to be anime of the year before episode one even aired are really shallow viewers.

That being said, its certainly not bad. Its actually really good and I am enjoying it for what it is. For me, the problems I have with the show compound when I scroll through comments and all I see is, "this anime is amazing...its so pretty...omg my feels."

Feb 3, 7:12 PM

I thought the first episode was close to a masterpiece tbh. Episode 2,3 and 4 however were kinda just boring. It took the whole premise/world of the show, which looked promising, and squished the scale down into the memory doll writing crap (as of now anyway).
Gotta be honest, seeing the developement happening this way is just dull.
Tokoya said:
adapatations are not supposed to be carbon copies of source materials and until the anime community in general can accept that and judge an anime based on what it presents and how they handle every episode, these threads will continue to be filled with hate posts by purists

Feb 3, 8:47 PM
It looks pretty good, maybe I should check it out.

Feb 3, 11:41 PM
I like this anime but I feel because of all the hype, it’s not quite living up to the expectations. Luckily, I live under a rock and I didn’t even know this anime existed until it started airing so my expectations were neutral.

Feb 4, 12:02 AM
trashcan

show's alright

i personally overhyped it myself, so it's w/e lol
Not really a fan of autistic child soldier trying to learn about her feelings.
I hope they at least explain the backstory of why she is so emotionally/mentally stunted bc it just feels really cheap at the moment

Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »