Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 17, 2018 10:28 AM

Jul 2009
So I was wondering why does this have such a low score ?
Especially compared to the manga.

I actually read a few chapters some time before and dropped it because it got an anime adaptation. But now with such a score is it still worth the shot to see it or should just skip it ?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 17, 2018 10:49 AM

Jul 2013
Imagine Luffy screaming "I want to be the pirate king", Naruto screaming "I want to be Hokage", Goku screaming to become Super Saiyan mega blue-red-orange-rainbow 4 at the top of their lungs every second you see them. Now multiply that by any number you can think of. You might as well add every cliche you see in shonen anime while you're at it.
Jan 17, 2018 9:27 PM

Mar 2015
if you like hot blooded shounen, it's worth a try... it was embodiment of battle shounen and i like it the way it is...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jan 17, 2018 10:02 PM
Jan 2013
The animation is horrible. I mean, some stuff are so poorly made that you can notice the flaws.
JasonLucasJan 17, 2018 10:08 PM
Jan 18, 2018 5:22 AM
Aug 2015
I think it has a low score because the comparison between it and Naruto, people and Naruto fans wish to watch anow anime like Naruto had disappointed
Jan 18, 2018 5:54 AM

Feb 2015
It's generic af, the pacing is bad and the main characer's voice is extremely annoying.
Jan 18, 2018 7:14 AM
Jan 2016
It's entertaining as fuck. People just hate the MC's voice. I honestly think it's funny and fits the character, but I can see how it would rustle a couple jimmies.
Jan 18, 2018 7:19 AM

Apr 2016
Because its generic, as generic as battle shounen can be.
Jan 18, 2018 7:31 AM
Jul 2018
Raycee said:
Imagine Luffy screaming "I want to be the pirate king", Naruto screaming "I want to be Hokage", Goku screaming to become Super Saiyan mega blue-red-orange-rainbow 4 at the top of their lungs every second you see them. Now multiply that by any number you can think of. You might as well add every cliche you see in shonen anime while you're at it.

Also, there is the dungeon-idea from Magi. XD

JasonLucas said:
The animation is horrible. I mean, some stuff are so poorly made that you can notice the flaws.

I thought the animation is the best part...?

If you don't expect anything big, it could be inbetween fun ... and pain too.
Jan 18, 2018 8:26 AM
Jan 2018
Maneki-Mew said:

Come on. It is the same as saying that Naruto who invented the story of the '' kyuubi '', or Dragon Ball of the monkey-tailed boy.
Stop talking nonsense.
Jan 18, 2018 10:11 AM

Apr 2016
It's shit as a result it has a low score
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 18, 2018 10:57 AM
Jul 2018
Raycee said:

You just made my day lmfao
Jan 18, 2018 11:03 AM

Jun 2010
Because it's trash.
Jan 18, 2018 2:38 PM
Nov 2017
The low score is bandwagon hate . It’s atleast a 7 right now
Jan 18, 2018 3:04 PM

Jan 2015
Maneki-Mew said:

JasonLucas said:

The animation is pretty poor. I'd say it's below average at best if I'm being generous.
Jan 18, 2018 7:41 PM

Apr 2010
But Fairy Tail is extremely generic and that has a good score.

Same with My Hero Academia which is also very generic and predictable.
Jan 18, 2018 7:48 PM

Jan 2018
Because they somehow managed to make a protagonist more loud, obnoxious and insufferable than Naruto.
Jan 18, 2018 7:52 PM

Sep 2017
No clue. Perhaps the best shounen anime ever made, surpassing the likes of Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, Hunter x Hunter 2011, Yu Yu Hakusho, etc.
Edward Elric > your waifu

Jan 18, 2018 8:59 PM

Feb 2010
I understand the low score, but to me Black Clover is quite underrated. People are getting upset at the cliché but that's the essence of the show and that's why I decided to stay. I'm having fun watching it.

As for me, I only give the score after finishing the entire series.
Jan 18, 2018 9:13 PM
Jul 2018
Pyro said:
Maneki-Mew said:

The animation is pretty poor. I'd say it's below average at best if I'm being generous.

Okay, let's say the art style is not too bad and the animation didn't bother me that much?

SAG4 said:
Maneki-Mew said:

Come on. It is the same as saying that Naruto who invented the story of the '' kyuubi '', or Dragon Ball of the monkey-tailed boy.
Stop talking nonsense.

For me, dungeons were more of a computer game concept than a story element in an anime. Therefore, I associate dungeons in anime with Magi. ^^"

hrmni said:
I understand the low score, but to me Black Clover is quite underrated. People are getting upset at the cliché but that's the essence of the show and that's why I decided to stay. I'm having fun watching it.
As for me, I only give the score after finishing the entire series.

Clichés per se are rarely the problem, imo. The problem is, when you don't use the cliché as a fundament, where you are able to build something on your own.
removed-userJan 18, 2018 9:21 PM
Jan 18, 2018 9:30 PM

Jun 2016
The anime is awesome but it got a low score because of Asta's annoying voice
Jan 21, 2018 1:04 PM

May 2012
scabab said:
But Fairy Tail is extremely generic and that has a good score.

Same with My Hero Academia which is also very generic and predictable.

The reason i think Fairy tail is shit, is not because it is generic but because it has very weak uninteresting story, and also most of the fights are shit. Only good thing about that it has hot women that wear little clothes.

I don't have problem with generic anime. A lot of good anime that I like are generic

Hero Academia has way better fights and better story, more serious, and not many fillers like fairy tail. Even the main plot in fairy tail feels like a filler quality to me.

Black Clover is average so far and it is getting a little better in newer episodes (the last episode 15 is the best so far). It is not as good as hero academia or seven deadly sins, but better than Fairy tail in my opinion.

Jan 22, 2018 4:01 AM

Aug 2017
Because deserves it!
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jan 23, 2018 4:20 AM
Nov 2008
first 2-3 episodes were bad - lots of astas screechings, flashbacks, boring action. I guess lots of people dropped it with low score
thepath said:

Hero Academia has way better fights and better story, more serious, and not many fillers like fairy tail. Even the main plot in fairy tail feels like a filler quality to me.
Black Clover is average so far and it is getting a little better in newer episodes (the last episode 15 is the best so far). It is not as good as hero academia or seven deadly sins, but better than Fairy tail in my opinion.

I second this, same thoughts on fairy tale. It worse then BC, but has high scores
Jan 23, 2018 9:03 AM
Nov 2016
It's pretty disappointing for me, even as a fan of the manga. The thing that makes the manga good is that it's so damn fast paced and it's the opposite in the anime. Studio decided to put in fillers from the very first episode for some god forsaken reason. The manga is pretty generic and all so the I didn't expect the show to be great or anything, I expected it to be average but this is just bad.
Jan 27, 2018 5:34 AM

Aug 2014
Watching the first two episodes felt like Naruto, Dragon Ball Z and Hunter x Hunter had a ADHD autistic child together. Yes, ADHD even for Shounen standards.
Jan 27, 2018 8:29 AM

Feb 2016
Simply put Black Clover is one of the worst shounen series ever made in both manga and anime.
Mediocre characters with a shitty male lead Asta.
Fairy Tail level of Worldbuilding where it's utter shit
Poor voice acting for the sub
Awful pacing for a shounen series
Mediocre visuals
It's to cliche for its own good.
The only thing saving this show is the dub but that's not saying much tbh.
Least Fairy Tail was decent until that horrific Grand Magic Games arc where the show becomes a dumpster fire of garbage
Jan 28, 2018 5:11 AM

Jul 2017
Disregarding the glaring issue with the execution with the protagonist's voice, the anime' animation seemed to have to degraded from the first few episodes. Especially the last episode where a pretty long battle happened which was quite distracting. Does not bode well when we are 16 episodes in a 50 episode series
Jan 28, 2018 7:15 PM
Nov 2016
Reason it's so low is because asta's voice acting. They don't want to hear the yelling of it so for some people because the Japanese isn't good that means it just isn't good. But if they were willing to watch the eng dub and get over themselves then maybe it would have a higher score than it does right now. So it's low because of the Japanese voice acting purists who think the only way to watch anime is through eng sub.
Jan 28, 2018 7:25 PM

Jan 2018
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

This pretty much sums up the dialogue.

「 what comes after the rain? 」
add meanime listmanga list

Jan 28, 2018 7:35 PM

Apr 2017
If you haven't seen Bleach or Naruto you might think Black Clover is good but after that you are like meh
Jan 29, 2018 3:22 AM

Mar 2016
Yama_YYH said:
So I was wondering why does this have such a low score ?
Especially compared to the manga.

I actually read a few chapters some time before and dropped it because it got an anime adaptation. But now with such a score is it still worth the shot to see it or should just skip it ?

Because it's piece of shit, like naruto-borutu-fuckruto &etc.
Jan 29, 2018 10:44 AM

Apr 2012
Raycee said:

God that sum's up my thought exactly, ggwp ma dude
Jan 29, 2018 11:18 AM

Dec 2017
I agree that people hate Asta's voice and screaming. (if that's his name, because I read a bit of the manga and his name was Aster but in my country it's subbed as Asta so idk)

I also think it's very generic,so I understand why people hate on this show. I don't hate the animation tho, it's ok. I'll personally keep on watching it.
Jan 29, 2018 3:34 PM
Oct 2016
I'm going to say it is a bullshit score brought on by a bunch of haters whose opinions don't really matter. Yes, the MC can be annoying and it is very similar to Naruto. That doesn't make it a horrible anime. The animation is amazing and whoever doesn't agree needs their eyes examined or are watching out of quality. I think it is pretty good so far. It is entertaining. The animation is great. So I think the score is a bunch of bandwagon hate and people who just hate on everything. Then you have the people who actually just don't like it or aren't interested. The others just want to make a fuss.
Jan 29, 2018 4:02 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
The_UhOh said:
I'm going to say it is a bullshit score brought on by a bunch of haters whose opinions don't really matter. Yes, the MC can be annoying and it is very similar to Naruto. That doesn't make it a horrible anime. The animation is amazing and whoever doesn't agree needs their eyes examined or are watching out of quality. I think it is pretty good so far. It is entertaining. The animation is great. So I think the score is a bunch of bandwagon hate and people who just hate on everything. Then you have the people who actually just don't like it or aren't interested. The others just want to make a fuss.

The ANIMATION is LACKING and the pace is abysmal. The fact that they stretched out the first chapter across 4 episodes and added filler from the get go is dumb as all hell. I've seen just about every mainstream shounen possible and there is nothing you get from Black Clover that you can't get somewhere else with a better story and interesting ideas.

It's babies first shounen.
Jan 29, 2018 4:05 PM

Dec 2017
Because it sucks big time bruh. Citrus >>>>> Black Cover. Period. At least with citrus you get girl on girl action. Black Cover it's just two gay dudes humping each other.
Jan 29, 2018 8:57 PM
Dec 2017
I feel as if the first 10 episodes or so were pretty awful but after that it seems to be picking up a bit. Also the yelling isn't as frequent.
Jan 31, 2018 4:58 PM

Feb 2011
Honestly, I don't believe I've watched enough yet to give a proper opinion, but to the haters' credit, I do find Asta annoying as hell, and with what I have seen I'm already kinda bored. I recall rolling my eyes at the end of the first episode. I wouldn't mind the cliches if I liked the MCs better. Even Yuno's stoic character seems too much to me. I just feel like there's an overall lack of effort in everything from the plot to the characters, but as I mentioned above, I haven't watched enough yet to give a fair full opinion, so I'll shut my mouth now... Maybe it'll surprise me down the road (she says optimistically).

And since Asta seems to be the main topic of hate, I can't help but wonder what it would be like if his character was mute. You don't see too many mute MCs, let alone a hyper, over-the-top one. That could have been interesting, and on the positive side, even if they botched up the execution, at least we wouldn't have to listen to him. :b
Jan 31, 2018 5:03 PM
Jul 2018
i haven't seen it dont plan on watching it but ive herd a lot of bad things about it and ive also herd the main character voice is annoying

theirs your answer their probably
Feb 1, 2018 5:51 AM
Dec 2017
Because it is pretty bad 6/10 after 16 eps and dropped it then and i didn't even find asta's voice to be annoying
Feb 1, 2018 6:52 PM
Nov 2013
Dlwuik said:
No clue. Perhaps the best shounen anime ever made, surpassing the likes of Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, Hunter x Hunter 2011, Yu Yu Hakusho, etc.

You....can't be serious.
Feb 2, 2018 3:41 AM
Apr 2016
Seriously Read the manga its great Probably one of the easiest series to read and get into. I look forward to black Clover chapter than i do a My hero chapter and almost as much as a one piece chapter. The anime is Trash with the pacing And Animation, Boruto's Animation look better than this the art's not as bad as Boruto's though Voice acting for Asta isn't that bad just gotta get used to it now it doesn't really bother me.

Now If you still wanna watch the anime I'd say do it along side the manga so you can appreciate the added scene's, if not the anime is bound to get Better about 30-40 episodes going by the anime pacing by that time they should be in my all time favorite arc gave me a bleach Soul society feel. Black clover is really amazing I wouldn't go outta my way writing this if it wasn't The anime just could've been alot better.
Feb 2, 2018 3:52 PM
Jun 2016
The main reason is because people compare this to other, better shonens which is an unfair way to look at the show. Through comparing it to other shonens people like it less because it's not a "HxH" or "FMA", but in reality it isn't that bad of a story, the anime is solid but lacks, in reality I'd recommend reading it for a shot.
Feb 2, 2018 4:00 PM

Sep 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XMJJ7B4Vjo&t=48s
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Feb 6, 2018 11:38 AM

Apr 2014
Let's face it, it's a generic shonen anime that has poor pacing and has too much filler in the early stages, causing it to fail the arbitrary "3 episode rule" that a lot of people follow. I enjoy it, and a lot of other people do as well, but it's no wonder why people are rating it low.
Feb 9, 2018 11:12 PM
Mar 2017
Kababi said:
It's entertaining as fuck. People just hate the MC's voice. I honestly think it's funny and fits the character, but I can see how it would rustle a couple jimmies.

Honestly I watched all 18 episodes and at beginning Astas screaming was annoying but after few episodes it really tonned down so I really started enjoying the show. I now love it it has huge potential. Everyone giving it 1 are fucking morons believe me. It's solid 8+.
Feb 14, 2018 11:31 AM

Jan 2015
idk either, this is still better than garbage academia
Feb 14, 2018 4:51 PM

Jun 2014
The Main reason is that it takes the Shonen Genre and does exactly what other shonen do without trying to innovate or look for something new . It doesn't do anything really poorly but everything about it smells Generic , Asta / Yuno Rivalry is a Generic shonen-like Interaction like ; Sasuke / Naruto for Exemple . The Whole Moron Wanting to become something that should be out of reach ( Wizard King ) is the Exact same as Naruto Wanting to become Hokage and the Squads are Pretty the Konoha Teams Rip-offs .
On so Many Level "Black Clover" is Similar to "Naruto" and since "Naruto" is extremly popular it gives "Black Glover" a feeling of Deja Vu .
Feb 14, 2018 5:00 PM

Jan 2017
I personally like it quite a bit. I know most people hate it, complain about the VA, etc I've heard those generic Excuses a million times and people wanna fit the norm but whatever. I personally enjoy it, and the manga is (not to sound cliched) even better. It has a lot of promise, and its going to be around for awhile. The manga's done about 2.5 (51-episode) seasons worth as of now, and is nowhere near being completed.

My Top Shounen Franchises:

#1 - Hunter x Hunter 1999/Hunter x Hunter 2011
#2 - Naruto/Naruto: Shippuden/Boruto
#3 - Fairy Tail
#4 - Black Clover

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 138 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tenshibeat - Aug 11, 2020

57 by Vindicater »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 170 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2021

344 by SoraKogami »»
Yesterday, 7:18 PM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 137 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FMmatron - Aug 4, 2020

59 by Vindicater »»
Yesterday, 5:59 PM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 136 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jul 28, 2020

72 by Vindicater »»
Yesterday, 5:20 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 86 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2019

48 by Keck_The_Gamer »»
Yesterday, 2:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.