Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 17, 2018 1:18 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Dang, that's a rough technique with the curse marks.

Glad to see Sarada in action. She's making better use of her Sharingan and even being able to read her opponent's moves. Definitely improved and that punch was dope.
Jan 17, 2018 2:39 AM

Dec 2013
Good use of the sharingan by Sarada.

Don’t mess with the leaf!
Jan 17, 2018 3:08 AM
Mar 2015
This episode had some maturity in it, nice, thr action in gemeral was solid, 5/5.
Jan 17, 2018 4:14 AM
Jul 2018
Only thing I can say I didn't like about the episode was the part when Konohamaru used the rasengan and the rogue ninja called it "wind style justu" when it wasnt
Jan 17, 2018 4:24 AM
May 2015
5/5
I hope the village chief will appear again in the future ep
Jan 17, 2018 4:33 AM
Mar 2015
another episode where the vilain looks really lame in the end... i wish the villain could give us something entertaining to watch
Jan 17, 2018 4:47 AM

Aug 2009
Felt the episode went by too fast
Esp. the genin vs the rouge ninja

Other than that, decent enough episode
Jan 17, 2018 5:19 AM

Jan 2017
hmph, that was very anti climactic. i mean what the hell; there were articles hyping this next episode as a team of villains which team 7 struggle against... on the other hand i loved how they defined the way they rely on each other

who was in the "hope for zabuza-like battle" boat, we all died; it sank. these were some underwhelming villains with half-threatening faces... i shouldn't have expected more, but i did... made the overall episode seem below par than it actually would; since boruto in general is set in the lighthearted peaceful period in aftermath of a war.

one thing that irritates me though, is the dead banter this team 7 have; its salad, salad's voice is bloody annoying... they try to make out as though she has this condescending attitude about that honestly isn't there.

two things i wanted to see in this episode however, was more mitsuki sage mode and being the key player in defeating two weirdly strong villains... well that crashed and burned as well then
Jan 17, 2018 5:38 AM

May 2017
MyOldCookie said:
Only thing I can say I didn't like about the episode was the part when Konohamaru used the rasengan and the rogue ninja called it "wind style justu" when it wasnt

That's like saying a Rasen shuriken isn't a wind style. He fused it with a wind style so it is a wind style
Jan 17, 2018 5:42 AM

Jan 2014
Konohamaru stole the spotlight.
dat Konohamaru's Rasengan, it slightly different from Minato, Jiraiya, and Naruto.
He can also do it with one hand, not like Naruto.
I could see a future promising hokage in there.

Jan 17, 2018 6:12 AM

Jun 2014
Damn, Konohamaru's Rasengan was awesome. I was really hoping for him to actually hit the dude with it but it was also cool to see the destruction its force was capable of causing. Hope we can see more badass Konohamaru in the future.

I didn't really care much about how the main trio took down NAHbuza. I need to remind myself not to expect much out of these villains from now on, as they keep looking lame in these battles. NAHbuza looked like he could have put up a decent fight, and I would have liked for that fight to last a little longer, but instead he got one-punched by a 12 year old. Oh well, time constraints are a bitch sometimes, hopefully this can change at some point during the show (sooner rather than later).

Despite my problems with the main trio's fight against NAHbuza, I must admit I REALLY liked that part where each of them mentioned the best strength of another member. Boruto complimenting Sarada's visual prowess, Sarada complimenting Mitsuki's speed, and Mitsuki complimenting Boruto's creativity. That shows how they acknowledge each other's best assets as something that makes their teamwork stronger when all of it comes together, so it was nice moment of growth for them. Oh yeah, and the way Sarada dodged NAHbuza's attack was cool AF (same for Konohamaru when he avoided that double attack after rescuing Kiri).
thebrentinator24Jan 17, 2018 6:17 AM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jan 17, 2018 6:16 AM
Jan 2017
Abyhape said:
dat Konohamaru's Rasengan, it slightly different from Minato, Jiraiya, and Naruto.

Actually Naruto can also do rasengan and even rasen shuriken with one hand.
Jan 17, 2018 6:49 AM
Dec 2017
Wow, that Rasengan sure was powerful...
I'm also glad Boruto used wind style more. Unlike Naruto who only had like 2 jutsus for literally all of Shounen Jump, it's nice to see some mix.
Jan 17, 2018 6:54 AM
Dec 2017
The team combination was on point. Loving it more and more
Jan 17, 2018 6:54 AM

Feb 2013
Konohamaru was really cool, and their attack was great too.
Jan 17, 2018 6:55 AM
Dec 2017
G_Spark233 said:
Good use of the sharingan by Sarada.

Don’t mess with the leaf!

She getting much better now & her strength on point.
Jan 17, 2018 8:21 AM

Jun 2015
This was a really good episode. Konohamaru using the rasengan was epic. It was so powerful. Sarada used her sharingan to great use. That was some cool teamwork. Don't mess with the Leaf!
Jan 17, 2018 8:42 AM

Aug 2016
Abyhape said:

I mean Naruto did manage to use it at the end of shippuden in final fight against sasuke and can most likely do the rasengan alone. Only difference in rasengan from minato and jiraiya would be he fused wind style. Maybe difference with Naruto was how he fused wind style or the amount of it he put in the rasengan
Jan 17, 2018 8:50 AM

Nov 2017
Its nice to see Konohamaru use the rasengan again, some good Pain Arc flashbacks lol, but at the same time I wish he came off as a little more powerful than he is; I mean I get it his rasengan busted a huge rock formation but for him to get caught in a sealing jutsu so easily, had me praying it was just a shadow clone that had gotten caught or sumthin. Aside from that it was cool to see the teamwork from team 7, that "Boruto stream" type jutsu that Mitsuki and Boruto used to propel Sarada was pretty dope and the use of her sharingan really added to that effect.

I also really don't get some of the hate behind the supposed "similarities" between early Naruto and now Boruto, I don't think its really the same, I think their ability to defeat an enemy like this pretty easily on their first mission is a testament to how good this gen will actually be. Now with that said I understand these guys were no Haku and Zabuza, but I think they deserve some credit for doing what they did. I liked how Konohamaru could've whiped out these two villians pretty easily but he seemed to let the burden fall on team 7 to improve teamwork so that was pretty sweet. The villians suck right now, sure thats pretty agreeable, but once the Chunnin Exams hit I'm sure we'll have a lot more people on board with this series.

The next episode doesn't look like much which is a sad thing to see but hopefully it surprises me, based on the preview though looked like a boring filler.
"When you've got a problem you can't fix by yourself, like today, theres a good chance that if you work together with someone else, you can overcome it" - Hayashida to Rei Kiriyama (3 Gatsu no Lion)
Jan 17, 2018 9:03 AM
Sep 2012
Fine episode, but next week is another Team 7 episode, listen I am hoping we get to see the other teams go on mission before we get to Boruto the Movie arc.
Jan 17, 2018 9:04 AM

Sep 2013
Meh, boruto can fight kagura and the shark guy yet this fodder guy needs teamwork to beat?
Jan 17, 2018 9:04 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
My boy Konohamaru had to show these fools why he's a boss and dat New Team 7 teamwork was great :'')
Jan 17, 2018 10:18 AM

Oct 2017
Best part of the episode was seeing Konohamaru with the rasengan imo.
Jan 17, 2018 10:43 AM

Mar 2016
Well Boruto didn’t get a bridge named after him... but his team got a rest area.....

Yeah it was a good episode! I’m ready for the next mission :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 17, 2018 12:30 PM

Jan 2016
Konohamaru carried this episode. Holy shit that was awesome! We need more spotlight for the previous generation like this.
Jan 17, 2018 1:03 PM

Apr 2012
I love mushy ninja soap opera.
Jan 17, 2018 2:04 PM

Jun 2012
Never amazes me with how much more worse this show can get.

Lets compare this mission to the original Naruto's first mission... Yeah. Zabuza to these random boring villains.. LOL.

Absolutely terrible. Like how is every character in this series so boring?? Like it's to the point to where I skip through every episode to only watch fights.

There's only been 5-8 good episodes out of the past 41.

It's actually crazy.. The only good good fight has been the fight where Sasuke and Naruto fought off the wannabe akatsuki guy.. Yeah....

And why is this spin off series going to be so long? No1 wants another 1000 episode series with 800 of those episodes being filler.

And.. You can already tell it's going to be long. Some of the episodes released in this 41 have already been filler..... Why is the developer so fucking greedy?

41 episodes and this show is barely cutting a 5/10 for me.. The only reason this show is rated a low low 7 is because this BRAND <-- has diehard fanboys.
SasoraJan 17, 2018 2:09 PM
Jan 17, 2018 2:11 PM
Dec 2014
I see that everyone was expecting a Zabuza episode as well!
*look for Zabuza Wikipedia page*
First appearance... 6th episode
OMFG, still no decent ninja villain 35 episodes later... :)

Anyway, Boruto is beginning to be more interesting than what it was, I'm glad I didn't give up
RomThuJan 17, 2018 2:14 PM
Jan 17, 2018 2:33 PM

Feb 2012
That was beautiful man, also very nice action in both fights.

Konohamaru was the dude in this one tho. Pretty nice of them to show more and build up his strength for future upcoming events.
Jan 17, 2018 3:03 PM

Jan 2011
Very nice!

Well, now we'll have to wait another 10 episodes for a good one again.
supreme master of the godtaste
Jan 17, 2018 4:45 PM
Apr 2017
Man, i absolutely love the ED, so epic) Episode was great, but i wanted to see more, it ended so fast. But i kinda glad that the show moving fast with it's own arcs. More chances to get good ones)
Jan 17, 2018 7:06 PM

Feb 2014
{img}https://ibb.co/fn4Arm{/img}

IT was at this moment random ninja #2 knew. I f-ed up

All the regret int he world cant save you from this pain
Around and around the cycle goes.
Jan 17, 2018 7:18 PM

May 2015
I wanted to see Konohamaru go all out to bad his opponent was a p*ssy, I wish he didn’t spare the bastard... and Team 7 chemistry was awesome!
Jan 18, 2018 8:27 AM
Jun 2017
Konohamaru's rasengan and Team 7's combo was superb. I wish Konohamaru had slammed it into that rogue nin's head.
Jan 18, 2018 10:56 AM

Nov 2016
Konohamaru's Rasengan was awesome! He delivered the destructive force of the Rasengan perfectly and we can see most of the hill gone. I thought he actually hit the enemy, but he made him faint instead. Quite badass x).
Konohamaru has grown to be a powerful shinobi from just seeing one Rasengan, but I'm sure there's more than meets the eye.

The episode do go fast but nonetheless 5/5.
Jan 18, 2018 1:36 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
To think that things would have escalated to this level though. The enemy must want the deeds to the bridge pretty desperately. Ironic how the betrayer got shafted though. But these ex's though sure are crafty with their tactics though. Kiri's father sure was a good man though. Kiri really reminds me of Boruto somewhat though. Konohamaru turning the tide against that arrogant ex though was priceless though. Team 7's battle though was interesting and showed some pretty good teamwork. Looks like of the teams Boruto's had the most interesting first mission.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 18, 2018 9:05 PM

Sep 2012
i can only say that villain in this series pale in comparison, of course hoping for better.
and yeah expecting something like zabuza, someone with personality that strong enough to drive kakashi on the verge.
this villain scared shitless witnessing konohamaru rasengan.
i guess i can say that konohamaru carried this episode.
sarada's use of sharingan is also getting better.
it feels like the concept of teamwork is heavily implied for several episode, some might find it a chore to keep seeing that.

hoping to meet a villain that strong enough to be a brand for this series or else they'll keep being compared to previous series.

and boruto, i don't think he'll change much, not until chuunin exam where he realize how op his dad and how stupid his action so far.
Jan 19, 2018 2:15 AM

Oct 2008
Konohamaru pretty much held himself back! the damn Rasengan was too overpowered!
If this goes on and Konohamaru gets stronger, he'll be the 8th Hokage and Sarada for 9th.
4/5.

Jan 19, 2018 4:53 AM

Jan 2018
raizeny said:
Very nice!

Well, now we'll have to wait another 10 episodes for a good one again.

...right. 😒😐

Moreover, their teamwork and Konohamaru's rasengan so amazing!!!
Jan 19, 2018 8:30 AM

Jan 2013
KONOHARMARU FOR THE NEXT HOKAGE!

"Please stop talking about math when I'm eating."
Jan 21, 2018 7:45 PM

Jul 2014
this episode was a lit! 4/5
Jan 25, 2018 5:10 AM

Jul 2016
ichii_1 said:
Meh, boruto can fight kagura and the shark guy yet this fodder guy needs teamwork to beat?

Welcome to the shitness that is Boruto
Jan 26, 2018 1:29 AM

Jul 2009
Nice team work, it's always nice to see Sarada on action, she is strong like Sakura.
Jan 27, 2018 8:08 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The mission end with "with more grief than glory"!!! Boring to me!!!
Jan 28, 2018 12:57 AM

Sep 2011
Konohamaru was badass af.

I'm all for him to be next hokage and Sarada to be the one after that.
Jan 28, 2018 7:45 PM
Jan 2017
MyOldCookie said:
what do you mean??? rasengan is water jutsu then??
Apr 28, 2018 10:36 AM

Mar 2013
BEST MOMENT: Sarada puts the bandage on the jacket.
May 5, 2018 1:30 AM
Jan 2015
there first mission was quite similar to hidden mist acr from naruto . They both had bridge , d level mission turning into higher level mission and bridge getting renamed .
May 9, 2018 9:53 AM

May 2010
Konohamaru is pretty awesome as sensei!

I thought this arc would be longer and more complicated, but nope, it's so much worse compared to Naruto's mission in Land of Waves, meh :|
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 168 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2020

28 by Tony2Phones »»
Apr 23, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 173 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2020

26 by bottleblonde »»
Apr 18, 9:39 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 156 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2020

42 by Tony2Phones »»
Apr 17, 4:17 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 112 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2019

33 by YouTsuki_nbm »»
Apr 9, 6:32 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 65 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

42 by Rayquazatempest »»
Apr 9, 1:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.