Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 15, 2018 9:31 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Wow, a lot of emotions spilling out this chapter.

> We are not family!
> Why are you doing this?!
> I'm sorry for all this

Jan 15, 2018 9:34 AM

Oct 2017
Ok chapter. So Mutsuki gets saved, as if that wasn’t predictable. I’m just glad this whole Mutsuki bullshit is over.
Jan 15, 2018 10:02 AM
Jul 2018
Great, emotional chapter, I'm really satisfied with how this Qs sub plot has been resolved. Mutsuki is a great character; hopefully more people understand her now, instead of writing her off as a shallow yandere.
Jan 15, 2018 10:10 AM

Oct 2017
Horrible. This is basically Naruto levels of TnJ bullshit. Ishida's obsession with Mutsuki is ridiculous.

This whole evil Mutsuki story has been a waste of time and overall terribly executed. The true suffering at this point is to see how much this once great manga has declined in quality.
Aardwolf94Jan 15, 2018 10:32 AM
Jan 15, 2018 10:43 AM
Jan 2016
Bleeeeh. They should've just killed him. I'm sick of Mutsuki.
Jan 15, 2018 11:09 AM

Feb 2017
After many chapters with this Mutsuki story it ended kinda anticlimactic. Wasn't a big fan of it.
I am glad we can return to Kaneki now.
Jan 15, 2018 11:11 AM

Apr 2014
I seriously hope there's a payoff to all of this because these recent chapter about Mutsuki's "redemption" arc has been terrible.
Jan 15, 2018 12:05 PM

May 2013
Bowman145 said:
I’m just glad this whole Mutsuki bullshit is over.

Same here , seems like finally we can move on , it was dragged .

Jan 15, 2018 1:11 PM

Jul 2015

Ishida is amazing. Been absent for weeks but still managed to give Mutsuki's haters da middle finger.
Jan 15, 2018 1:16 PM

Jun 2017
Somebody liked this fucking trash?
Jan 15, 2018 1:26 PM

Oct 2015
I want to believe this is real but I can not help but think Mutsuki is bullshitting since they did not address the whole deal with her Ken and Touka.
Jan 15, 2018 2:20 PM

Mar 2015
This is a bit rushed but I'm glad because we can move on from Mutsuki now, hopefully something interesting will happen next.
Jan 15, 2018 2:57 PM

Feb 2013
Why, why?
Mutsuki could have been faster with that knife.
Jan 15, 2018 3:02 PM

Oct 2013
Ishida died with Arima and was substituted
Jan 15, 2018 3:11 PM

Oct 2015
So guys how would you feel if next week Ken kills the Qs and/or accidentally kills his unborn child and/or Touka and ends up becoming the nonredeemable villain. Since that is the talk of the subreddit right now?
Jan 15, 2018 3:13 PM

Oct 2015
fullmetal-ghoul said:
Great, emotional chapter, I'm really satisfied with how this Qs sub plot has been resolved. Mutsuki is a great character; hopefully more people understand her now, instead of writing her off as a shallow yandere.

The important question here is if she is not lying.

or

Kaneki is going to treat her as KOS
Jan 15, 2018 3:28 PM
Nov 2017
F*ck you Hiro Mashima. Give us the real Ishida and TG back.

gabrieuTG said:

True, very true.

And wtf is this bullshit?
Injured Saiko moves from here

to here

in, what, 2 seconds? Come on....

AezeryelJan 15, 2018 3:33 PM
Jan 15, 2018 3:56 PM

Apr 2016
I wasn't a fan of how Mutsuki's redeeming arc/moments were executed. I was not a fan of the Quinx Squad either... But, I think I would be touched, if I was a fan of the Quinx Squad at the very beginning of the series. I applaud Urie and Saiko for being devoted to their friend. It was sweet of Urie to say that they'll stop Mutsuki, no matter how many times it takes... Mutsuki just needed attention and care. I hope these three can stick together, and do good things in the future. They are a family, after all :)
Jan 15, 2018 4:02 PM

Dec 2015
Finally, this whole drama mess with Mutsuki is over and we can move on.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jan 15, 2018 4:50 PM

Mar 2015
Cyborg_Dragon said:
So guys how would you feel if next week Ken kills the Qs

Good but leave Urie and Hsiao please

accidentally kills his unborn child

I honestly don't care about the child, but I'm interested in seeing Kaneki's reaction.
kills Touka

I'll be glad.

I don't think any of this will happen though.
Jan 15, 2018 5:13 PM
Jul 2018
The bitch not gonna die, wtf Saiko just let the bitch die. And stop with all this emotional bullshit that giving me no emotion but a derp expression on my face, and a phrase of WTF just happen :l
Jan 15, 2018 5:33 PM
Sep 2015
Wow..Ishida wont let mutsuki die even when the character tries to kill herself *clapping it'll be funny if after her "redemption" she'll die anyway...tragedy.........
Jan 15, 2018 6:18 PM
May 2017
So Touka's still alright?
Jan 15, 2018 6:23 PM

Oct 2017
Zethus_Thorne96 said:

Yeah she’s fine.
Jan 15, 2018 7:08 PM

Jan 2010
That's it?! SO RUSHED! Wth

As much as I love Mutsuki, if that’s all the redemption he got, then I’m far from satisfied. I'm sorry but he still got a long way to go.
At this point, I won't be surprised if Ishida will make Mutsuki sacrifice himself or something. I don't want him to die but I definitely can't forgive him so easily either.
CrimsonMidnightJan 15, 2018 7:16 PM
Jan 15, 2018 8:04 PM

Jan 2010
WyNdZ said:
Mustuki is a female and she accepts it now as well otherwise she wouldn't have that huge crush on Kaneki and wish to be his wife.

How do you know Mutsuki already accepted themselves?

Anyway, because of your comment, I checked the raw version, in this chapter Mutsuki used pronoun "Watashi" which is neutral pronoun rather than "Ore" which is pronoun for male (the one Mutsuki usually use before)

I guess, Mutsuki slowly accepted themselves then. That's great. I'll use neutral pronoun when referring to Mutsuki just to be safe from now on, lol.
Jan 15, 2018 9:00 PM

Oct 2017
gabrieuTG said:

Thats the only thing that makes sense at this point because the quality difference between the first half of :Re and the second is ridiculous
Jan 15, 2018 9:08 PM
Dec 2016
Ishida Sui won't let it end like this. He has a history of screwing us over.
Jan 15, 2018 11:00 PM
Mar 2016
Aardwolf94 said:
Horrible. This is basically Naruto levels of TnJ bullshit. Ishida's obsession with Mutsuki is ridiculous.

This whole evil Mutsuki story has been a waste of time and overall terribly executed. The true suffering at this point is to see how much this once great manga has declined in quality.

If you're comparing Mutsuki to Sakura. The difference is that Sakura was a terrible written character right from the start. Mutsuki however was made a hateable character on purpose, Sakura was never intended to get the hate she got.

If an author can make you hate a character because of his/her actions throughout the series, it is good writing. If a character is hated for their personality and uselessness from the start throughout the whole series, that isn't good writing.

Mutsuki was actually barely hated by anyone at the start. It's her actions that caused nearly everyone to hate her.

Don't get me wrong, I hate her as well. But characters that are meant to be hated aren't necessarily bad written. For me, it looks like it was Ishida's intention for Mutsuki to get hated for her actions.
Jan 15, 2018 11:11 PM

Oct 2017
TheEnhancedExe said:
Aardwolf94 said:

If you're comparing Mutsuki to Sakura. The difference is that Sakura was a terrible written character right from the start. Mutsuki however was made a hateable character on purpose, Sakura was never intended to get the hate she got.

If an author can make you hate a character because of his/her actions throughout the series, it is good writing. If a character is hated for their personality and uselessness from the start throughout the whole series, that isn't good writing.

Mutsuki was actually barely hated by anyone at the start. It's her actions that caused nearly everyone to hate her.

Don't get me wrong, I hate her as well. But characters that are meant to be hated aren't necessarily bad written. For me, it looks like it was Ishida's intention for Mutsuki to get hated for her actions.

Actually no, I was comparing this more to when Naruto turned major villians suddenly "good" because he talked to them for a few minutes (TnJ=Talk no Jutsu) and appealed to their humanity.

Its similiar with Mutsuki, her "redemption" is ridiculous.
Jan 16, 2018 12:57 AM
Jul 2018
A lot of people seem to be upset at how quickly the Mutsuki stuff was resolved, which is understandable because she's been a villain for a while.

But for a first step towards her redemption (and yes this was only a first step; her redemption is not complete), this chapter was beautiful and makes complete sense from my perspective. This is the first time she's ever spoken up about her abuse at the hands of her family + Torso, and what's important is that Urie + Saiko responded with love and acceptance because that's what Mutsuki's been craving this whole time; that's why she's been chasing after Kaneki for nearly 50 chapters now, because Haise offered her a source of a stability. Her love for Haise/Kaneki is not a romantic one, its a fixation on the stable way things were like in the past (early :re), the only period of stability in Mutsuki's life, which she associates with Kaneki. This chapter couldn't make it any clearer with this page : https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/tokyo-ghoul-re/en/0/156/page/15

So all this time what Mutsuki needed to hear was that a loving support structure still existed within the Qs, specifically Urie and Saiko, that she didn't need to chase after Kaneki for such support to exist. Mutsuki is similar to Kaneki in the sense that the abuse at the hands of their family created a mentality they couldn't be loved, except Mutsuki is even worse because of the extent of her abuse, and how she killed her parents. So when she finally opens up on that abuse, Saiko and Urie showing her she's loved, saving her from committing suicide, is the exact response she needed and was truly a moving and beautiful moment for me. It is cliche, but that shouldn't always have negative connotations, it can be cliche and well written at the same time.

And as I said this was the first step towards her redemption, love won't fix all of Mutsuki's issues, it didn't for Kaneki and it certainly won't for Mutsuki who's in a far worse state than Kaneki. She will still have a lot of development to go through.
removed-userJan 16, 2018 8:25 AM
Jan 16, 2018 4:13 AM

Jun 2016
Finally Mutsuki gets her shit together, really deserves to die ;-;
Jan 16, 2018 5:41 AM

Aug 2016
Hm not too sure what to think of this chapter, the 'redemption' was kind of predictable and overall it felt a bit rushed and underwhelming.

But like people mentioned before this was pretty much just the first step, I really don't think (or hope) that Ishida pulls those 'Naruto-like 180 degrees character turns' or whatever you wanna call it, so I'm interested to see where Mutsukis character goes from here (if she actually survives that is).

I mean for example, looking at how fucked up she got when she heard that Touka married Kaneki...can she really leave those two in peace?
GreeenSpongeJan 16, 2018 5:45 AM
Jan 16, 2018 6:13 AM

Apr 2013
meh so she survives, whatever i dont care and just hope that mutsuki-trash wont get screentime anymore, at least Urie got what he wanted i guess so that's positive.
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Jan 16, 2018 6:18 AM

May 2016
I don't care about that idiot but damn Saiko was so beautiful I really loved this chaper.
Jan 16, 2018 7:54 AM
Jan 2017
I was hoping she would kill herself .. such a shame
Jan 16, 2018 8:34 AM

Oct 2015
GreeenSponge said:

I mean for example, looking at how fucked up she got when she heard that Touka married Kaneki...can she really leave those two in peace?

Wait till she finds out about the baby
Jan 16, 2018 8:37 AM

Oct 2015
Shicchi said:
WyNdZ said:
Mustuki is a female and she accepts it now as well otherwise she wouldn't have that huge crush on Kaneki and wish to be his wife.

Anyway, because of your comment, I checked the raw version, in this chapter Mutsuki used pronoun "Watashi" which is neutral pronoun rather than "Ore" which is pronoun for male (the one Mutsuki usually use before)

I guess, Mutsuki slowly accepted themselves then. That's great. I'll use neutral pronoun when referring to Mutsuki just to be safe from now on, lol.

Can we stop this pronoun shit its getting old now we might as well call her pasta or something
Jan 16, 2018 8:38 AM

Oct 2015
Zethus_Thorne96 said:

Unless Kaneki hurts her or the child in his new evil mode.
Jan 16, 2018 2:22 PM

Oct 2015
MikuruSi said:
What the hell did I just read

So her/him/them sort of having sex with fake Haise means nothing, plus all the psycho shit just... What?

I think I need some time to digest this

Wait till next week when Ishida makes Kaneki become her replacement.
Jan 16, 2018 3:16 PM

Oct 2015
MikuruSi said:
Cyborg_Dragon said:

Wait till next week when Ishida makes Kaneki become her replacement.

Hum what do you mean?

Basically Kaneki becoming the antagonist according to Furutas 101 plan and the chance he gets every character to turn against him when he kills some of all the Qs and accidentally kills Touka and his child turning both humans and ghouls against him.

People talk about it being forshadowed on the Reddit and tumblr. And Illustrations has illustrations including a new one showing a sinister looking Kaneki.

Also Ishida does not give Ken a break a load of people assume Ishida just hates his MC considering he off screened him followed by aizening by worse_aizen
Jan 16, 2018 3:47 PM

Jan 2010
Cyborg_Dragon said:
Shicchi said:

Can we stop this pronoun shit its getting old now we might as well call her pasta or something

Tell that to ppl that keep quoting me complaining about pronoun I chose to use to refer to Mutsuki
Jan 16, 2018 4:14 PM

Jul 2016
mustsuki issue is over, pfft... ishida-sensei you can't fool me, she only addressed about her issue with the q's then how about touka

new volume cover, hide doing V or L sign
Jan 17, 2018 4:48 AM

Jun 2010
I have no problem with how this ended. I can understand how to some it may have felt a little rushed.. but that's because they were expecting the need for a full mental reconditioning or something. Also.. I think most people underestimate the seemingly insignificant nature of what could cause a (mentally and emotionally) damaged, repeatedly severely tortured mind to go off the rails. They would be even more surprised at what little it could actually take to get said kind of mind, back on the rails again. (at least enough to get them to calm down) Being told and shown that she had people who truly did love and care about her, and that she did have a place, a family to go back to. Was just about all I thought it would take, at the right time, in the right way. From just knowing about her past and the source of her troubles. She still has a long road ahead though. To get healthy.

As for her guilt over the stuff she did.. lol Have you forgot what series this is? To even be part of one of the main groups of characters, pretty much means you've either murdered or still murder people just in order to live.. And the other half of the cast pretty much murders men, women and children of the first group just because of what they are. That's just the BASE LINE for guilt in this series! Many of the heroes here have killed out of revenge and for other reasons before as well. Not to mention other kinds of things done. :'/

Oh yeah and one more thing.. since i see this getting thrown around about this chapter.. I think Mutsuki (a FC with a tragic dark past) being killed would have been cliche.

Cyborg_Dragon said:
MikuruSi said:

Hum what do you mean?

Basically Kaneki becoming the antagonist according to Furutas 101 plan and the chance he gets every character to turn against him when he kills some of all the Qs and accidentally kills Touka and his child turning both humans and ghouls against him.

People talk about it being forshadowed on the Reddit and tumblr. And Illustrations has illustrations including a new one showing a sinister looking Kaneki.

Also Ishida does not give Ken a break a load of people assume Ishida just hates his MC considering he off screened him followed by aizening by worse_aizen

oh **** would that be retarded.. It would pretty much make the whole series meaningless and pointless. The only way that could be pulled off without being totally ridiculous in the end, would be if we actually got completely NON ambiguous lasting (i.e. permanent) super peace from it somehow. With the ending more than just spelling it out or hinting at such. Which, while I do think it's already started down that road, is very VERY unlikely. And man, if you thought edgelords and "realists" (realism = grimdark) are bitching a lot about a lack of body count or romance, shounening up the series now..... lol

Because remember.. A light and or happy series is pretty much always able to do the tragic/sad/depressing/bittersweet ending, ruin the theme and get praised for it.. But the dark and edgy series... not so much the other way around.. :/

edit: sorry about the rant.. happens when i'm low on sleep.. lol -_-'
James_xenoJan 17, 2018 5:07 AM
Jan 18, 2018 5:18 AM

Oct 2015
James_xeno said:
I have no problem with how this ended. I can understand how to some it may have felt a little rushed.. but that's because they were expecting the need for a full mental reconditioning or something. Also.. I think most people underestimate the seemingly insignificant nature of what could cause a (mentally and emotionally) damaged, repeatedly severely tortured mind to go off the rails. They would be even more surprised at what little it could actually take to get said kind of mind, back on the rails again. (at least enough to get them to calm down) Being told and shown that she had people who truly did love and care about her, and that she did have a place, a family to go back to. Was just about all I thought it would take, at the right time, in the right way. From just knowing about her past and the source of her troubles. She still has a long road ahead though. To get healthy.

As for her guilt over the stuff she did.. lol Have you forgot what series this is? To even be part of one of the main groups of characters, pretty much means you've either murdered or still murder people just in order to live.. And the other half of the cast pretty much murders men, women and children of the first group just because of what they are. That's just the BASE LINE for guilt in this series! Many of the heroes here have killed out of revenge and for other reasons before as well. Not to mention other kinds of things done. :'/

Oh yeah and one more thing.. since i see this getting thrown around about this chapter.. I think Mutsuki (a FC with a tragic dark past) being killed would have been cliche.

Cyborg_Dragon said:

oh **** would that be retarded.. It would pretty much make the whole series meaningless and pointless. The only way that could be pulled off without being totally ridiculous in the end, would be if we actually got completely NON ambiguous lasting (i.e. permanent) super peace from it somehow. With the ending more than just spelling it out or hinting at such. Which, while I do think it's already started down that road, is very VERY unlikely. And man, if you thought edgelords and "realists" (realism = grimdark) are bitching a lot about a lack of body count or romance, shounening up the series now..... lol

Because remember.. A light and or happy series is pretty much always able to do the tragic/sad/depressing/bittersweet ending, ruin the theme and get praised for it.. But the dark and edgy series... not so much the other way around.. :/

edit: sorry about the rant.. happens when i'm low on sleep.. lol -_-'

Some people think that making everything pointless and meaningless would be good writing as its daring and trolling (I would just see it as despair porn). We still have a fucking massive body count after dragon those edgelords are retarded to think things are shonen at the moment.

After seeing Ishida one side goat for 50 chapters and off screen the MC :re 143 it changed my perspective of the series and I could actually see him doing it. I would never see the likes of George RR Martin treat his characters in such a way.
Jan 19, 2018 11:22 AM

Mar 2016
Typical shonen end with Mutsuki. I would have prefer her to die, but anyway we can now focus on kaneki again.
Jan 19, 2018 12:51 PM

Nov 2014
All this hate on Mutsuki seems disproportionate. I definitely hated what they did with her (or his, whatever) character, but this manga has a lot of bigger problems.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 19, 2018 9:28 PM
Oct 2017
GhoulEto said:
Somebody liked this fucking trash?
I enjoyed seeing just how much Urie has changed and developed as a character, how much he grew as a person. Just that look he gives Mutsuki in the end makes he look older and more mature than in the beginning of the series. But in regards to Mutsuki, I feel she is just a nuisance since long ago, really wanted her to die fighting Yomo, though in the end I knew she would come back, and now she was just a stone in our shoes, a rock in the way to actually interesting storytelling, so I wanted her to die already. Even if it was not how I wanted it to be, finishing this bullshit already is enough to make me glad.
Jan 19, 2018 9:58 PM
Oct 2017
WyNdZ said:
Here's to hoping that Kaneki ends Mutsuki like the trash she is but if I had to guess we'd get some stupid sacrifice by Mutsuki as some form of redemption.

b-okiya said:

Ishida is amazing. Been absent for weeks but still managed to give Mutsuki's haters da middle finger.

Haha that's a nice observation, I would have never realised such a thing.

Shicchi said:

As much as I love Mutsuki, if that’s all the redemption he got, then I’m far from satisfied. I'm sorry but he still got a long way to go.

Just a tip: the community in general accepts "he" or "she" for Mutsuki, since it doesn't really looks like she cares about what gender to identify as anymore.
Jan 19, 2018 10:04 PM
Oct 2017
fullmetal-ghoul said:
Her love for Haise/Kaneki is not a romantic one

Did you miss she raping Uta when he used Kaneki's face?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 181 Discussion

Raizel - Aug 8, 2018

48 by flesh123 »»
Apr 12, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 125 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Z4K - May 20, 2017

333 by CanderousTheOrdo »»
Apr 5, 5:04 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 179 Discussion

joe_g7 - Aug 10, 2018

33 by ren_moon »»
Mar 13, 11:06 PM

» Tokyo Ghoul:re Conclusion Then vs Now

PSN - Jan 12, 2022

10 by Zero01guard »»
Dec 26, 2023 10:10 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

lunar1412 - Dec 29, 2014

204 by Buddistic »»
Sep 14, 2023 6:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.