Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 14, 2018 1:52 PM

Jun 2017
I'm really curious to know
1) if a real person can be your waifu
2)If your gf can be your waifu...
I really can't answer that by mayself :p... What do you guys think??
panosJJan 14, 2018 2:01 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 14, 2018 1:53 PM

Sep 2017
why would a real person be your waifu? 2d master race.
Edward Elric > your waifu

Jan 14, 2018 1:53 PM
Jul 2018
"waifu. Noun. (fandom slang) A fictional character from non-live-action visual media (typically an anime, manga, or video game) that one is attracted to and considers a significant other."

I guess the word fictional answers your question.
Jan 14, 2018 1:54 PM

Sep 2016
The correct question here would be "Are you someone's waifu?"

@Morara12 is my waifu, for instance.
Jan 14, 2018 1:57 PM

Nov 2014
Yeah sure why not, @AdoSama and @sunset are my waifus

Jan 14, 2018 1:58 PM

Jun 2017
Nocturn3 said:
"waifu. Noun. (fandom slang) A fictional character from non-live-action visual media (typically an anime, manga, or video game) that one is attracted to and considers a significant other."

I guess the word fictional answers your question.

lol I did not know that there was anything like that :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 14, 2018 2:00 PM
Aug 2016
It's ''myself'', not ''maiself'', and no, they can't be. That's a crush *if you like them and don't know if they like you back*, or a lover *if you like them and they like you back too*.
Waifu and husbando are terms just for fictional characters, not for real life people.
Jan 14, 2018 2:06 PM

Jun 2017
Kuroko-chan said:
It's ''myself'', not ''maiself'', and no, they can't be. That's a crush *if you like them and don't know if they like you back*, or a lover *if you like them and they like you back too*.
Waifu and husbando are terms just for fictional characters, not for real life people.

I guess 'crush' is the right term... That's a good thought :D
Jan 14, 2018 2:09 PM

Nov 2014
Kuroko-chan said:

That's just so wrong,the difference between a crush, a lover, a waifu and even a friend aren't anything to do with who loves who and who doesn't, they're all different kind of loves, what you said is akin to saying that you can't be friends with your lover because they like you back

Jan 14, 2018 2:11 PM
Aug 2016
shamshamm said:
Kuroko-chan said:

That's just so wrong,the difference between a crush, a lover, a waifu and even a friend aren't anything to do with who loves who and who doesn't, they're all different kind of loves, what you said is akin to saying that you can't be friends with your lover because they like you back

I never said you can't be friends with your lover, did I? I don't see those words in my post, and I didn't edit my post either.
Jan 14, 2018 2:15 PM

Nov 2014
Kuroko-chan said:

I never said you can't be friends with your lover, did I? I don't see those words in my post, and I didn't edit my post either.

shamshamm said:
what you said is akin to saying

"akin to", you didn't say that but what you said holds similar meaning

Jan 14, 2018 2:18 PM
Aug 2016
shamshamm said:
Kuroko-chan said:

shamshamm said:
what you said is akin to saying

"akin to", you didn't say that but what you said holds similar meaning

No, it doesn't. Idk where you see the similar meaning here, because I can't see it.
Jan 14, 2018 2:21 PM

Nov 2016
Waifu just means wife, so yeah. Then again, can they have the same relationship one can have as a 2D waifu, that's another question. Probably somehow.
Jan 14, 2018 2:30 PM

Nov 2014
Kuroko-chan said:

No, it doesn't. Idk where you see the similar meaning here, because I can't see it.

Hmm fine, i'll explain where i see the similar meaning

You said "no, they can't be. That's a crush *if you like them and don't know if they like you back*"
So basically they can't be your waifu "if you like them and don't know if they like you back" cause then they'd be your crush, basically they can't be your waifu if they're your crush

and as i said waifu, lover, crush and friend are "all different kind of loves"

So if you simplify the previous sentence you end up with "They can't be your (type of love A) if they're your (type of love B)"

I know you didn't imply that you can't be friends with your lover and that's not the point of my previous argument, the point is that what you said is as nonsensical as saying that you can't be friends with your lover, your lover can be your waifu, anyone can be your waifu

Your mistake is assuming that a waifu is basically the same as a crush but for a fictional character simply because that's the definition normies give to the term "waifu"

But that's not what a waifu is, a waifu is a different kind of love, similar to how everyone has his own definition of what a friend is, everyone has his own definition of what a waifu is, there are generally accepted definitions for both those words but those are for normies

Jan 14, 2018 2:33 PM

Dec 2017
Dlwuik said:
why would a real person be your waifu? 2d master race.

Yeah yeah i agree i agree.

2D baes > 3D baes.
Jan 14, 2018 2:42 PM
Aug 2016
shamshamm said:
Kuroko-chan said:

Hmm fine, i'll explain where i see the similar meaning

You said "no, they can't be. That's a crush *if you like them and don't know if they like you back*"
So basically they can't be your waifu "if you like them and don't know if they like you back" cause then they'd be your crush, basically they can't be your waifu if they're your crush

Wooo, hold on. Don't put waifu and crush in the same place, because waifu/husbando is for fictional characters and crush is for real life people.

and as i said waifu, lover, crush and friend are "all different kind of loves"

So if you simplify the previous sentence you end up with "They can't be your (type of love A) if they're your (type of love B)"

I know you didn't imply that you can't be friends with your lover and that's not the point of my previous argument, the point is that what you said is as nonsensical as saying that you can't be friends with your lover, your lover can be your waifu, anyone can be your waifu

Your mistake is assuming that a waifu is basically the same as a crush but for a fictional character simply because that's the definition normies give to the term "waifu"

But that's not what a waifu is, a waifu is a different kind of love, similar to how everyone has his own definition of what a friend is, everyone has his own definition of what a waifu is, there are generally accepted definitions for both those words but those are for normies

You can't have your own definition of something since the proper definition already exists. Ok, you can make your own definitions, and apply them in real life, but that doesn't mean they are the real and correct definitions of what a thing is or is not.
You can say to your lover that they are your waifu, but that doesn't mean they are, because waifu already have a definition, and that is that waifu is for fictional characters.
What you said doesn't make any sense, and you tried to twist my words against me, but you did wrong, since I never implied the things that you said. I didn't even think of what I said in the way you saw it.
And the discussion end here and now.
Jan 14, 2018 2:46 PM

Jun 2017
The definition of waifu is someone that doesn't exist... At least the word now connotes that.
I'm a shitposter for fun
Jan 14, 2018 2:55 PM

Nov 2014
Kuroko-chan said:
but you did wrong, since I never implied the things that you said

Urdurdurdur, do you even read what i'm saying ?

shamshamm said:
I know you didn't imply that you can't be friends with your lover and that's not the point of my previous argument

Kuroko-chan said:
You can't have your own definition of something since the proper definition already exists. Ok, you can make your own definitions, and apply them in real life,but that doesn't mean they are the real and correct definitions of what a thing is or is not.

Definitions are changed and added all the time, there's no such thing as a "correct" definition since everyone sees things their own way, people just try to stick to the same definitions to help understanding eachother better
If there was such a thing as a "correct" definition why would even the oxford dictionary need 8 definitions for "friend" surely they'd just need one right ?
As far as "waifu" is concerned it's not even a real world so trying to pin a single definition on it is kinda , forgive me for the harsh language, but it's kinda dumb

EDIT : btw if you haven't noticed yet i'm just shitposting, sorry :v
testkunJan 14, 2018 3:22 PM

Jan 15, 2018 8:13 PM

Jul 2017
no and never will
waifu is suppose to be perfect and ideal in every aspect
real girl is imperfect
there you go
real girl < 2d anime girl

anyway I don't have a waifu yet so whatever
Jan 15, 2018 8:27 PM

Sep 2009
I'm pretty sure if you marry your girlfriend, she becomes your waifu.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Jan 15, 2018 8:31 PM

Mar 2013
wat is waifu?               
Jan 15, 2018 9:52 PM

Feb 2016
i have one in rl

she doesnt acknowledge it yet
Jan 16, 2018 12:10 AM

Jul 2014
Hayley Williams of Paramore is best girl. Your argument is invalid.
Take care of yourself

Jan 16, 2018 3:03 AM

Jan 2014
@SnugglyWhuggly is real and my waifu, so yes
I love Christine

"If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. He will put some things behind, will pass an invisible boundary; In proportion as he simplifies his life, the laws of the universe will appear less complex, and solitude will not be solitude, nor poverty poverty, nor weakness weakness." - Henry David Thoreau

Jan 16, 2018 6:05 AM

Jun 2008
PanosK said:
I'm really curious to know
1) if a real person can be your waifu
2)If your gf can be your waifu...
I really can't answer that by mayself :p... What do you guys think??

No, they can be you wife or husband but not waifu. Waifu is a term used for 2D characters as part of the anime/manga fandom.

The ones who say to a real person "Be my waifu, husbando" etc are just using the terms wrong. We don't need to make such terms for real people because we already have the words for them.
Jan 16, 2018 6:25 AM
Jul 2018
If you believe hard enough yes.
Type type type.
Jan 16, 2018 6:29 AM

Jan 2016
Saburo_Sakai said:
Type type type.
Senpai u change ur Avatar?

Never lose ur faith Senpai.

Set by Aster
Jan 16, 2018 6:30 AM
Jul 2018
FruitPunchChinpo said:
Saburo_Sakai said:
Type type type.
Senpai u change ur Avatar?

Never lose ur faith Senpai.

Yes and my profile pic, and soon the name.
Jan 16, 2018 6:34 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
I've had many online wifus. Not an impossible feat.
Jan 16, 2018 10:43 AM

May 2016
since when is a boy a waifu? When he cross dresses as a chick? That's some fucked up, weird ass shit
~ Nas, The "OG Bulgarian"~
Formerly known as:
~ Gokuvich, The "OG Bulgarian"~
Jan 16, 2018 10:44 AM

Sep 2014
yes it's possible. You just need to propose and wait for that "yes."

Bookmeter ╠╣ class summon
Jan 16, 2018 10:48 AM

Mar 2016
Yes, if you put a ring on it. Where do you think "waifu" is derived from?
Jan 16, 2018 10:49 AM

Jun 2014
Well, a girl certainly can't, because I have no romantic attraction to women.

More topics from this board

» what is "love" to you ? what makes you feel loved and how you love people ?

ame - Today

16 by Adverrito »»
20 minutes ago

» What do you think about law enforcement (police) in your country?

Sad - Apr 16

32 by KenaiPhoenix »»
20 minutes ago

» How do you know other people actually exist?

purple_rayn - Yesterday

16 by Adverrito »»
39 minutes ago

Poll: » strawberry, chocolate or banana milk?

bobbysalmon - Apr 17

20 by KenaiPhoenix »»
39 minutes ago

» Are you a slow or fast typier on a computer???

DesuMaiden - Today

26 by KenaiPhoenix »»
40 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.