Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 14, 2018 5:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This group is really working hard to make things work...

We also got a little bit of Riku's story. Episode felt slightly slower with the narratives. That ending performance though.
Jan 14, 2018 8:43 AM

Feb 2013
Tamaki and his puddings make me laugh everytime :')
"But I worked really hard!"
Jan 14, 2018 11:32 AM

Mar 2008
Trigger's music is awesome
Jan 14, 2018 12:53 PM

Feb 2014
Tenn and Riku flashback scene was soo cute, they're so precious <3
Jan 14, 2018 1:32 PM

Feb 2012
Trigger's music is truly SO GOOD~<3 The ending song was so good! I can't wait to see Idolish7's debut stage. ^o^
Jan 14, 2018 5:03 PM
Jan 2008
Trigger got some major BOPS.
Jan 14, 2018 5:52 PM

Nov 2008
RIKU IS TEN'S BROTHER!!???

WHAT

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!!!????

I have the first volume of the manga but I did not know this. xD

Trigger's music is truly SO GOOD~<3 The ending song was so good!

I was impressed as well.

angelheart16 said:
I can't wait to see Idolish7's debut stage. ^o^

CROSS YOUR FINGERS FOR A SAKUGA AND NOT CRAPPY CGI!! Really, the CGI in the opening bothers me SO much....I might make a normal-looking anime opening for the show using the same song. xD (I've gotten good at video editing so xD)

Trigger's CGI performance bugged me too but at least SOME parts were 2D animated. That did help a lot.

Jan 14, 2018 5:53 PM

Nov 2008
Ritshiro said:
Tamaki and his puddings make me laugh everytime :')
"But I worked really hard!"

As soon as he said "You'll pay anything?" I screamed out loud "HE'S GONNA ASK FOR PUDDING!!!"

XD

Jan 14, 2018 6:14 PM
Dec 2014
it took me over an hour to watch the episode because i spent too much time taking pictures of tenn oml
Jan 14, 2018 8:38 PM

Jan 2014
Was that a little bit of yaoi bait I saw there? Lol.

Not really a fan of the CGI, they could really do without it, but I know it's hard to do a whole dance routine by hand.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Jan 14, 2018 9:52 PM

Nov 2008
calmato said:
it took me over an hour to watch the episode because i spent too much time taking pictures of tenn oml

I don't blame you; Ten is gorgeous. xD

(second fave)

because Arina Tanemura is a f*cking genius; nobody draws sexier boys than this woman NOBODY AY

ChiibiJan 14, 2018 10:12 PM

Jan 15, 2018 4:56 PM

Aug 2015
5/5 loved it

Though, i 'm busy grinning and almost brought to tears because I finally understand what they're saying... TwT
I remember stopped playing at this story.. So next episode will be an entirely new thing for me!

I'm starting to get embarrassed by my own forum signature line.. XD
Jan 15, 2018 5:55 PM

Oct 2011
I've never been this excited over something in my life! I knew full well Secret Night would be in this episode but I still got excited when it started playing. The CGI had some odd parts but for the most part it was nice! I just keep replaying it I'm gonna be honest lol

IDOLiSH7 anime feels like such a dream, I can't believe it's real.

In other news all those Gaku scenes were *ok emoji* nice!
Jan 15, 2018 6:44 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Man the story is really good. Had I not used to play the game, I probably wouldn't have touched the anime. The "simple stimulation" really worked to get everyone motivated. Although really the problem was only a few of them, but it sure lit up everyone's fire. Tenn's words were really inspirational as well, especially with his analogy of ordering omelets at a restaurant.

As for the end of the episode, I do think it's a bit disrespectful for them to accidentally promote themselves after the concert outside the stadium. Of course, they were by no means doing it on purpose and only wanted to dance for themselves because they were itching to do so after the ban, but they're idols now, they need to have more self-awareness of their actions. Irl you can get a lot of antis for this kind of thing... (well idk how idol culture is in Japan)
Jan 15, 2018 6:52 PM

Jan 2018
Episode 4 impacted me quite a bit! The pudding taxi, seeing our favorite scenes being animated, it was just full of excitement!

With IDOLiSH7 singing the opening and TRIGGER singing the ending, it makes the whole show feel great!

I can't wait till other scenes get animated as we watch the episodes online every Sunday!

Everything was really beautiful this ep. And pretty painful.
Jan 15, 2018 6:54 PM

Nov 2008
tingy said:

As for the end of the episode, I do think it's a bit disrespectful for them to accidentally promote themselves after the concert outside the stadium.

A tad. xD But they did do Trigger a huge favor; Tenn never would have made it without them! And it was pretty innocent. I hope the consequences aren't too harsh. :/

Jan 15, 2018 6:58 PM

Oct 2011
IttoSenpai said:
Episode 4 impacted me quite a bit! The pudding taxi, seeing our favorite scenes being animated, it was just full of excitement!

With IDOLiSH7 singing the opening and TRIGGER singing the ending, it makes the whole show feel great!

I can't wait till other scenes get animated as we watch the episodes online every Sunday!

Everything was really beautiful this ep. And pretty painful.

-fist bumps Itto- Well said.
Jan 15, 2018 10:12 PM

Jan 2017
I've watched this particular episode more times than episode 3 and that might be because of my TRIGGER bias (laughs). Ok I'm not fooling anyone, it's definitely my TRIGGER bias.

I'm really(?) sad that they didn't include the side story of Yamato, Tamaki and Nagi being involved in the bomb scare, because that's like my favorite side story, but alas it's too long.

I feel like I've watched the Secret Night portion a little too many times, but hearing it again after so long, and watching TRIGGER do the choreography made me remember "ah, this is what made me fell in love with this game. A++++ music". I really loved Secret Night when I played it in the game, I still do. Everytime I watch it, I honestly couldn't help myself, but sing along. I really love TRIGGER. Ikou wake me up~

I don't have much to say about the ending. I gusse it feels like it's.... Lacking? I'm not sure, but the new song!!!! Heavenly Visitor, a nice song. A very TRIGGER song. A Very Good Song.
lovetwoyouJan 15, 2018 10:19 PM
Jan 24, 2019 5:32 PM

Jun 2015
Could tell there was a connection between the groups since trigger was brought up so frequently, didn’t think brothers though. Thought riku was a trainee for trigger but was kicked out
Apr 18, 2021 11:14 PM

Aug 2017
I love Trigger's music! It was a fantastic concert! I'm surprised Ten is Riku's brother! Drama incoming!
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 15, 2021 7:10 AM

Jan 2021
And here I thought this was gonna be a regular idol anime.
But boy, was I wrong.
Sep 29, 2021 3:50 PM
Apr 2017
The Riku and Tenn twist is one I didn’t expect. I hope they can meet again in the future and discuss what exactly was the reason for Tenn leaving back then. As for the Trigger concert, the music was awesome. I love Trigger’s vibe and the maturity it holds. Tenn’s words before the performance and even the performance itself reinvigorated the members of Idolish7.

I can already sense a little bit of competition later on in the show, but for now I want the members to get back to preforming with a clear head and newly found motivation.
Feb 23, 2022 2:33 AM

Feb 2020
Tenn is Riku's brother. :o That was a surprise.

I really liked TRIGGER's performance. That ending was also pretty cool.
Dec 20, 2022 11:17 PM

Feb 2019
their enthusiasm "triggered" TRIGGER lol

More topics from this board

Poll: » IDOLiSH7 Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2018

19 by senekohan »»
Yesterday, 8:37 PM

» Who is your favorite? ( 1 2 )

Chiibi - Jan 14, 2018

75 by ---NovA--- »»
Apr 14, 12:31 PM

Poll: » IDOLiSH7 Episode 17 Discussion

Stark700 - May 19, 2018

27 by AniStrawberry »»
Aug 17, 2023 5:47 PM

Poll: » IDOLiSH7 Episode 15 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2018

22 by antuUA »»
Jul 4, 2023 3:42 PM

Poll: » IDOLiSH7 Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2018

10 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Dec 21, 2022 11:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.