Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 18, 2018 4:41 PM

Jul 2016
This is reaching skypeia dragged out levels.
Jan 19, 2018 5:48 AM

Jul 2008
Let's get to that meeting spot already.
Jan 20, 2018 9:30 AM
Jul 2016
I really love this episode...
luffy fight was so good...
Reiju is so wonderful♡
I hope chopper and the crow help brook... he's in a big trouble.
sanji..get the f*** outta her man~>_<~
Jan 21, 2018 9:43 PM

Dec 2014
well luffy has only self determination on his side to keep him going... Sanji meet up with luffy already
Jan 24, 2018 5:44 PM

Jul 2013
Another shit episode. I love One Piece but all I do is complain lately all because of fucking Toei and the director of this anime for making it stink like dog shit. What the fuck is up with the dozens of flashbacks from scenes from the previous couple of episodes? And with the weird unnecessary pauses? I don't need to look at Reiju's face for 5 seconds and if I wanted to I can just pause it. Fuck. Whole week of waiting is wasted for this shit.
Feb 18, 2018 7:00 AM

Apr 2013
This episode we got 90% of Luffy screaming like a retard and fighting fodder.
Feb 19, 2018 11:26 AM

Dec 2014
amazing how a One Piece episode will have nearly nothing added in terms of plot advancement other than a bunch of running and fighting scrubs but the recaps the next episode get stretched out for 2-3 minutes.
Feb 25, 2018 2:30 PM

Oct 2015
That was great ep indeed, Chopper being electrocuted by Nami was my highlight and Luffy kicking that twin brother's ass.

Sanji is being indecisive as always, but anyway great ep.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Mar 25, 2018 7:33 AM

May 2010
Carrot might be a huge fan of old shoujo manga judging by her artstyle, lol.
Oct 2, 2018 5:01 AM

Jan 2013
SSSsaaannnnjjjiiiii!

Also Carrot's drawing was top notch.
May 25, 2019 11:44 PM

Oct 2018
Can someone tell me what the ost that was used at the end of the episode when luffy was trying to get to the redezvous point?

Edit: nvm I found it after searching through the entire one piece soundtrack. It’s after eating grandline 2
Classy_CassyMay 26, 2019 12:15 AM
Jan 9, 2020 12:11 PM
Jul 2018
Luffy looks worn out there. Jinbei is right, it is unfavorable for Luffy to run out in a bad shape like this. But good for him, he defeated one of the executives of Big Mom even with his current state. Although he does look completely worn out by the end of the episode. Poor Luffy, his determination sure is admiring.

Pedro is looking all well, that is good. It looked like he detonated himself. And did Baron just evolve to another form?

Carrot is kind of talented with her drawing. That was an amusing scene. I like her childish personality.

Wonder how they will be able to rescue Brook with Big Mom possessively hovering near him.
Jul 13, 2020 12:37 AM

Jun 2016
Chopper and Carrot have finally taken action. They remind us how powerful of a position they are in and how truly important Brulee was to the overall mission. Supposedly no one can enter the mirror world but them as they are touching Brulee, and this location is connected to every mirror on Whole Cake Island. It isn't as immediate as teleporting but as long as things do not go wrong, it is basically a slower and more limited form of teleportation in which they're invulnerable in between locations. Carrot drew some adorable bishounen art for all of the characters, not even giving Sanji facial hair(lolol), and she looked so proud and wholesome as she held it up. It was one of my favourite parts of the episode; it made my heart feel very warm. I love that girl... And after that they popped up through the world saving Jimbei, Nami, and Pedro!

Sanji made me curious this episode, I was thinking about his motivation going forward. As Reiju said, at this point if he flees he will probably get away. Further, Zeff will likely be safe, his hands are safe, his horrible family is to be finished and therefore no longer specters from his past, Mom won't have personal interest in him, and he can join his friends again. The only obvious reasoning for staying to fight consequentially speaking is to save Reiju, to tackle Mom who they have already ignited war against and ought to fight eventually, or potentially help steal the poneglyph that Brook appeared to fail retrieving. Other than those, Sanji could flee with Luffy, but there are some crucial points stopping him. The most pressing is that he disagreed with Nami and agreed with Zoro, which speaks infinite volume, when it came to leaving the crew and how serious it should be treated. Another possible weight on his shoulders is that he may still feel some sense of filial duty or personal responsibility. I’m honestly not sure what his motivations are here and that interests me.

For Luffy, his reasoning for fighting Mom is easy. Reiju saved his life, she is helping him and Sanji, and she's planning to die. If she is a friend to Luffy we know that he will not stand for her dying. Luffy wants to defeat Mom so that he can protect his friends on Fishman Island. Luffy has had numerous friends tortured by Mom and her plans, Brook and Sanji we're both devastated in different ways, one physically and one emotionally. Ultimately it may serve as a way to free Sanji from what is holding him back and finally get him back. I think we all assumed that Luffy will eventually get the go-ahead from Sanji that he shall feed him and be his nakama once more, Luffy will eat, power up and do something really badass, shocking everyone with how fast he gains energy. But because of the lack of axis that the two of them share, until Sanji’s trajectory is clear I am not sure how they will line up. I am unsure how we will get to that point. I also wanted to briefly comment on how Luffy never growing back his tooth is a touching detail, it is a permanent reminder of the separation that he and Sanji have gone through.
Sep 15, 2020 7:58 AM

Mar 2020
Goddamn that Luffy's determination!
Aug 4, 2021 12:24 AM

May 2016
All that running in Brulee's mirror world definitely paid off for Chopper and Carrot since they've got a very handy fast-travel system on their hands!

I was surprised to see that Luffy actually passed on the opportunity to get to Sanji in the chateau right away in favor of getting back to where he said he'd be waiting for him. The one reason why he had decided to go to Sanji was really damn sweet, too~

Aug 8, 2021 8:13 AM

Sep 2015
The feminized picture of Pedro that Carrot drew was hilarious xD

And wow, seems like the mirror travel has made to many conveniences and saves for everyone when they all really needed at a good timing.
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Aug 21, 2021 1:01 AM

Jun 2019
Luffy going back to the rendezvous point. Reijuu is cute. I love it.
Sep 5, 2021 12:34 AM

Aug 2021
Luffy looks so weak at this point he's been fighting opponents easily worth 1-2 billion from last night
Sep 20, 2022 5:43 PM
May 2021
gomu gomu noooooo MASTERPIECE
Feb 20, 4:43 PM

May 2021
Reiju is soo sweet towards Luffy. Noice and cant wait for more moments between them !
Feb 25, 6:08 AM
Oct 2019
Chopper and Carrot coming in clutch, i thought Pedro gonna die like that 🥲

Carrot drawing LMAO

Come on Sanji, there is nothing too late.
What the hell are you talking about?
Mar 12, 7:39 AM
Feb 2022
Nami's face for electrocuting Chopper XD. I never get tired of those faces. Luffy's confidence that Sanji will return to the meeting point. Reiju is very beautiful.

Spanish translation:
La cara de Nami por electrocutar a Chopper XD. Nunca me canso de esas caras. La confianza que tiene Luffy de que Sanji volverá al punto de encuentro. Reiju es muy bella.

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 387 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Sennin_Darkissa - Feb 2, 2009

59 by gannoncannon55 »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 386 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GRIZZAT - Jan 16, 2009

67 by gannoncannon55 »»
24 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 216 Discussion

VARIAchan - Jan 5, 2010

49 by kejora »»
39 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 385 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dbaranyi - Jan 18, 2009

59 by gannoncannon55 »»
43 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 215 Discussion

VARIAchan - Jan 5, 2010

38 by kejora »»
54 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.