Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 14, 2018 3:45 AM

Oct 2015
Goku is using his brain for the fight. I was expecting those blue energy dots to be points where he would teleport to, using his Instant Transmission. Basically he'd teleport around super fast, more precisely, easily, while attacking. Not sure how possible, or useful it would have been, but those landmines seemed like really weak idea, other than using them as distractions. That destructo disc tactic was awesome to see. I wish Goku had tried to use his SSB kaioken kamehameha to make sure Jiren surely falls (of course Jiren would still be able to come back for plot reasons), but at least we'd see some seriousness from Goku, that he's really trying to make sure they win. It was still really nice nonetheless.

Vegeta finally got some sort of new power. Goku should have commented on it too, instead of just looking at Jiren. Obviously not the best introduction of a new transformation, but I'm still happy with it.

Next episodes will be about the other fights, probably. That's completely fine, since Jiren must be the final boss. I was expecting Dyspo to get dysposed of, by now. He doesn't seem strong at all, just super fast. I hope he's going to have a role already, or gets knocked off the stage.
Jan 14, 2018 3:50 AM
Dec 2017
LuZeke said:

Further, continuity error, they're commenting on Goku's and Vegeta's ki, except SSB ki is supposed to be unable to be sensed by mortals. Guess they conveniently forgot that tidbit of info. Unless I'm forgetting some part where they retconned that, but I don't think I am.

I'm pretty sure it's only ssjg where they can't sense the ki's level, so when Goku first ascended to ssjg it couldn't be detected but ssjb is just an enhancement of their mortal power levels not an ascension to god status.
Jan 14, 2018 3:53 AM

Aug 2014
Hey guys, do you remember Super Vegeta from the Android Saga? Well, this is him in blue!

Honetly wish they would have just retired Goku and Vegeta. There's nothing interesting to be done with them anymore.

The DBS battle choreographies have improved over time, but that's close to the only thing exciting about the series.
Jan 14, 2018 4:09 AM

Feb 2013
robiu013 said:
Hey guys, do you remember Super Vegeta from the Android Saga? Well, this is him in blue!

Honetly wish they would have just retired Goku and Vegeta. There's nothing interesting to be done with them anymore.

The DBS battle choreographies have improved over time, but that's close to the only thing exciting about the series.

Yeah, that's what I also thought.
Let's hope that he won't have the same speed problems again.
Jan 14, 2018 5:47 AM

Oct 2014
Hennah04 said:
I'm pretty sure it's only ssjg where they can't sense the ki's level, so when Goku first ascended to ssjg it couldn't be detected but ssjb is just an enhancement of their mortal power levels not an ascension to god status.

No, they've explicitly stated that SSB ki IS God ki and thus not perceptible to mortals or those who cannot sense God ki. I don't recall the exact episode, however, but logic dictates it would be the first time Goku pulled SSB in front of a crowd.

Edit: I looked up the episode. In episode 24, Goku transforms into SSB in front of the others for the first time and Kuririn says that he can't feel Goku's ki at all anymore. I believe in a subsequent episode Whis goes into further detail, but I won't bother looking that up.
LuZekeJan 14, 2018 2:16 PM
Jan 14, 2018 6:06 AM
Dec 2017
Zhexal said:
Tbh, expected more of Vegetas SSB2, no goosebumps at all
The next episodes will be interesting, i think the tournament will be over in 3-4 Episodes....and after that? New villain?
Over?? This is DB Fights ots gonna take atleast 7-8 episodes
Jan 14, 2018 6:30 AM

Sep 2014
nice fight, also curious to see Vegeta and Goku in a tag team battle against jiren.

But when this is supposed to be Vegetas "new" form Im a bit disappointed about the weak ass transformation.

So every episode is a minute now, lets see if they do something funny when its only 5 minutes left.

Also I would be sad if Frieza never fought Jiren, his golden form is pretty nice after all.

PS: Some new information, leaks, new arcs etc posted over in Japan? We got teasers for the tournament month in advance.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jan 14, 2018 6:34 AM
Dec 2010
Another random power up... not that it means anything, power scaling doesn't exist in this series anyway.

I am now waiting for Jiren to reveal he still has 4 transformations.
Jan 14, 2018 7:05 AM

Dec 2014
The action this episode was pretty good.

The powerup scene with the OST and the walking was great.
So is this SSB2 Vegeta or SSB Super Vegeta?
Jan 14, 2018 7:27 AM

Jun 2017
Riboku-uchiha said:
Zhexal said:
Tbh, expected more of Vegetas SSB2, no goosebumps at all
The next episodes will be interesting, i think the tournament will be over in 3-4 Episodes....and after that? New villain?
Over?? This is DB Fights ots gonna take atleast 7-8 episodes

Yeah, my bad, almost forgot about the other fights
Jan 14, 2018 9:18 AM

Apr 2017
Omg, i did get emotional with the vegeta power up and that flashback with cabba. The music is amazing, it's something I love dbs for
Hi
Jan 14, 2018 10:00 AM
Dec 2017
I thought Vegeta would of got his moment for himself
Jan 14, 2018 10:53 AM

Apr 2014
I bet they are going to fuse into Gogeta at some point and finally beat Jiren
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 14, 2018 11:21 AM

Jan 2016
Not sure how to call this new Vegeta's form xD If it were the perfected SSJ Blue, then the manga will come up with something different because that was an already existing concept.

Now onto the fight... Finally Goku is using his brain and not just brute force lol The ki mines would have been more useful as a distraction but the Kienzan one was really nice ^^
THANKS SENPIEX
Jan 14, 2018 11:30 AM
Mar 2014
This new form is not SSB2... at best its Super Vegeta SSB or Perfect SSB or SSB second grade or even Rage SSB

...but def not SSB2 -_- and at least another 8-10 eps to go
Jan 14, 2018 11:31 AM

Jun 2017
Finally Frieza is going to go Gold next ep, it was about damn time but why does he team up with Gohan again? 17 has no chance alone against bearded dude.
Jan 14, 2018 12:34 PM

May 2017
Aww! vegeta cares!
Jan 14, 2018 2:54 PM

Sep 2016
GangsterCat said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
another epic fight Goku vs Jiren and new SSB Vegeta + SSBK Goku vs Jiren near the end looks pretty damn epic. these 2 full power + teamwork should be able to make jiren get serious pretty soon. too bad we are back to gohan and freeza next week bleh!
First time i see you grabbing the top first comment in a discussion thread lol.
The Anime Binge Is Life

-PolarCyrus97 2k17-
Jan 14, 2018 3:18 PM

Sep 2011
Limit Breaker!!!
Jan 14, 2018 4:34 PM

May 2015
Vegeta new form looks really cool. I sense some vibe from Cell saga. He resembles Super Vegeta (USSJ) with his buff muscles. :)

Also, Goku using kienzan was hilarious.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jan 14, 2018 6:08 PM

Mar 2013
Story wise it was a good episode, the fights are getting interesting
Animation wise it was not the best but not even close of being the worst, the holidays probably had something to do with it.
Hopefully next week will be better.
Jan 15, 2018 12:26 AM
Dec 2016
Man Jiren be punching destructo disks. That was cool.

Also great strategery by Goku. The bombs and the destructo disks. But all that did was piss Jiren off.

Also the new SSB2, is just a sparkly SSB. But then again SS2 was just SS1 with lightning and a bit of hair change.
Jan 15, 2018 1:50 AM
Aug 2016
Klad said:
since when does Goku know Destructio Disk?
That's nothing new, he used it to cut Majin Buu in half for example.

Aohh said:
Since when Goku became that good at strategy?
Since always.

The 1st time he fought Piccolo he used a Kamehameha with his feet to surprise him and land a quick powerful attack when the Nameku-seijin least expected it.

He also didn't showed his ability to fly till the end (at this time everyone thought Goku didn't knew how to fly yet) and that was how he won.

ZBlastHistory said:
Goku you cheater how can you even hold fighting with Jiren without Ultra instinct?

It was stated that Goku is stronger now, Zenkai is the only thing that would've made sense.

That's why SSG was enough to beat Caulifla & Kale, where in the past a supposedly weaker Kale alone tanked a SSB.
SSBIsLameJan 15, 2018 7:20 AM
Jan 15, 2018 2:41 AM
Oct 2015
I'm surprised Goku used his brain to form some sort of strategy that was actually decent, expect the fact that he just pissed off Jiren.
Also in the preview did Gohan ditch Android 17 to Topo...
Heckle was here...
Jan 15, 2018 3:44 AM
Dec 2017
Hennah04 said:
LuZeke said:

Further, continuity error, they're commenting on Goku's and Vegeta's ki, except SSB ki is supposed to be unable to be sensed by mortals. Guess they conveniently forgot that tidbit of info. Unless I'm forgetting some part where they retconned that, but I don't think I am.

I disagree, check out https://www.quora.com/Does-SSB-utilize-two-different-types-of-Ki’s-Saiyan-and-god-or-only-God-Ki
Jan 15, 2018 1:07 PM

Aug 2009
I wanna see Goku's new move in one of the fighting games one day -

Really cool fight, even if the animation got wonky in places and the new transformation wasn't explained
Jan 15, 2018 6:30 PM

Aug 2013
Pretty disappointed with Vegeta's new "form", if we even want to call it that. His hair got darker/shinier, and he got moe moe waifu eyes where the white parts are offset and look fucking goofy half the time.

Vegeta always gets the short end of the stick. He didnt get SSJ3, he didnt get SSJG, he hasn't gotten ultra instinct, or even the slightest indicator he'll even get close. They could've at least shown him some mercy and made his "limit break" mode more flashy and cool. Maybe made it look like SSJ3 but blue (I'm sure if anyone will ever get that it'll be Goku). I couldnt even take him remotely seriously with those eyes.

I think it's funny how everyone in U7 in the stands thinks they have Jiren on the ropes, when two minutes prior the U11 god low-key implied Jiren was basically pulling his punches. When Jiren hits Goku with that massive energy beam punch, he said "that's a normal punch for Jiren", implying his bare punches are really him pulling his punches and holding back, which is completely believable.

If Goku limit broken could'nt even scratch Jiren, then Goku and Vegeta limit broken combined probably wont do shit either. It'll be the equivalent of Goku fighting Caulifla and Kale; he'll be a bit surprised of their strength, and a bit disoriented from their combined attacks and fighting 2v1, but at the end of the day his strength completely overwhelms them.

At this rate I'm not even expecting Jiren to fall out. I think 17 will take the drop with Toppo somehow, and Frieza and Gohan will take out Dyspo (with Gohan dropping out as well since next week's title gave it away), and then it'' be Goku Vegeta and Frieza left, and I'll assume Frieza will drop out too and U7 will win it 2-1 with a time expire. Even if Goku goes UI again I dont think he'll end up beating Jiren.
Jan 16, 2018 11:49 PM
Nov 2017
Jonesy974 said:
Pretty disappointed with Vegeta's new "form", if we even want to call it that. His hair got darker/shinier, and he got moe moe waifu eyes where the white parts are offset and look fucking goofy half the time.

Vegeta always gets the short end of the stick. He didnt get SSJ3, he didnt get SSJG, he hasn't gotten ultra instinct, or even the slightest indicator he'll even get close. They could've at least shown him some mercy and made his "limit break" mode more flashy and cool. Maybe made it look like SSJ3 but blue (I'm sure if anyone will ever get that it'll be Goku). I couldnt even take him remotely seriously with those eyes.

I think it's funny how everyone in U7 in the stands thinks they have Jiren on the ropes, when two minutes prior the U11 god low-key implied Jiren was basically pulling his punches. When Jiren hits Goku with that massive energy beam punch, he said "that's a normal punch for Jiren", implying his bare punches are really him pulling his punches and holding back, which is completely believable.

If Goku limit broken could'nt even scratch Jiren, then Goku and Vegeta limit broken combined probably wont do shit either. It'll be the equivalent of Goku fighting Caulifla and Kale; he'll be a bit surprised of their strength, and a bit disoriented from their combined attacks and fighting 2v1, but at the end of the day his strength completely overwhelms them.

At this rate I'm not even expecting Jiren to fall out. I think 17 will take the drop with Toppo somehow, and Frieza and Gohan will take out Dyspo (with Gohan dropping out as well since next week's title gave it away), and then it'' be Goku Vegeta and Frieza left, and I'll assume Frieza will drop out too and U7 will win it 2-1 with a time expire. Even if Goku goes UI again I dont think he'll end up beating Jiren.

You forget that Ultra Instinct is weak on the attack for the time being, Goku needs to learn to attack without thinking in order to beat Jiren There is room for improvement. Vegeta is getting a pretty raw deal though, which leaves me thinking Gohan won't be revitalised like I was hoping. It's saddening what is happening to the roster
Jan 17, 2018 12:31 PM
Aug 2016
Tequila_Wolf said:

Vegeta is getting a pretty raw deal though, which leaves me thinking Gohan won't be revitalised like I was hoping. It's saddening what is happening to the roster

Well, did you expected a power up equivalent to UI for everyone?

They don't need to be that close in power, what they need is screen time with warriors they can defeat.
Jan 17, 2018 4:55 PM

Jul 2013
Was a good episode. Most of the fight scenes were nice, some others unfortunately had a pretty bad animation. Freezer such a troll haha. Dyspo was really surprised when he saw that Freezer didn't took any dmg so far. :D

Nothing changed with 17 and Gohan having problems fighting against Toppo. I'm not sure about how they want to beat him.

Gokus strategy was something new. Using his KI for little landmines was not a bad idea even if Jiren gave a shit about it. One great moment was definitely when Goku used Destructo Disc and kicked Jiren outside of the ring. Jiren of course just did his thing hoping on some rocks back into the ring. I wonder what kind of power he's using. I mean these punchs which are super fast aren't normal.

And then of course Vegeta finally reached a new lvl. I really like the design with the much more blueish hair and eyes. It fits him very well. Also Goku went all out with his SSB Kaioken. And for the moment it seems Jiren is having problems against both at the same time. Should be interesting to see how this willl go on.

Jan 17, 2018 10:01 PM

Aug 2013
Tequila_Wolf said:
Jonesy974 said:

You forget that Ultra Instinct is weak on the attack for the time being, Goku needs to learn to attack without thinking in order to beat Jiren There is room for improvement. Vegeta is getting a pretty raw deal though, which leaves me thinking Gohan won't be revitalised like I was hoping. It's saddening what is happening to the roster

Oh I'm aware, but Goku is only going to be able to get that experience from using it multiple times.

Vegeta always gets the raw end of the deal man. People shit on GT, but that was legit one of the only times where Goku and Vegeta were actually on par with each other power wise when they both hit SSJ4. Like sure it's cool and all Vegeta finally got a powerup, but now he's finally just on par with with Goku's Blue+Kaiyoken. Vegeta didnt get God or any hint of possibly going UI. Which is just kind of absurd because they keep touting him as Goku's rival and essentially equal, but when it comes to writing they always want to make him the fall guy for Goku to be the top dog.

I'm definitely disappointed about Gohan too. I was expecting him to get a new form as well seeing as how back when he and Piccolo trained he was implying Gohan had shit loads more untapped power in him (which he's supposed to...because back in the day he was supposed to be the strongest and all). Gohan has definitely gotten fucked harder than Vegeta. He went from the savior of the world and title of strongest Saiyan, to legit nothing more than a side character. Spent this entire arc fighting trash mob characters with Piccolo. 17 was given more important enemies to fight. With how strong Gohan is supposed to be I dont understand why at this point he hasnt gotten SSJ3 or Blue. Meanwhile they retconned Frieza and gave him a power-up equal to limit broken Goku in the span of a few months "training".
Jan 18, 2018 6:47 PM

Feb 2015
For a moment, I thought that Jiren had been defeated. But no, he is undefeatable.
Jan 19, 2018 3:14 PM

Nov 2016
Goku + Vegeta still not enough for Jiren even with new Vegeta form
Jan 25, 2018 5:20 PM
Nov 2017
Jonesy974 said:
Tequila_Wolf said:

Oh I'm aware, but Goku is only going to be able to get that experience from using it multiple times.

Vegeta always gets the raw end of the deal man. People shit on GT, but that was legit one of the only times where Goku and Vegeta were actually on par with each other power wise when they both hit SSJ4. Like sure it's cool and all Vegeta finally got a powerup, but now he's finally just on par with with Goku's Blue+Kaiyoken. Vegeta didnt get God or any hint of possibly going UI. Which is just kind of absurd because they keep touting him as Goku's rival and essentially equal, but when it comes to writing they always want to make him the fall guy for Goku to be the top dog.

I'm definitely disappointed about Gohan too. I was expecting him to get a new form as well seeing as how back when he and Piccolo trained he was implying Gohan had shit loads more untapped power in him (which he's supposed to...because back in the day he was supposed to be the strongest and all). Gohan has definitely gotten fucked harder than Vegeta. He went from the savior of the world and title of strongest Saiyan, to legit nothing more than a side character. Spent this entire arc fighting trash mob characters with Piccolo. 17 was given more important enemies to fight. With how strong Gohan is supposed to be I dont understand why at this point he hasnt gotten SSJ3 or Blue. Meanwhile they retconned Frieza and gave him a power-up equal to limit broken Goku in the span of a few months "training".

While I have really loved the story and the fights in this series, I have to say the power scaling has been all over the place for the sake of convenience. I mean just look as Dyspo, he was wrecked by super sayian god Goku, but was trashing golden Freiza who was a match to SS Blue.

It baffles me why they nerfed Gohan so hard though... the buu saga was the height of dbz. Gohan was a bad ass, now as you say he's been made into a side character. It seriously depresses me. Especially with all of his talk about reaching new heights, I thought we were going to see something from him. We got some development during the tournament, however it was for nothing.
Jan 25, 2018 5:25 PM
Nov 2017
SSBIsLame said:
Tequila_Wolf said:

Vegeta is getting a pretty raw deal though, which leaves me thinking Gohan won't be revitalised like I was hoping. It's saddening what is happening to the roster

They don't need to be that close in power, what they need is screen time with warriors they can defeat.

Gohan was the strongest in the game at the height of dbz, he was also the character in my opinion with the most personality.

As to UI I would expect at the very least vegeta to get it as he is supposed to be the one to rival goku. That's what has been depicted all through this series.
Jan 25, 2018 7:18 PM
Aug 2016
Tequila_Wolf said:
SSBIsLame said:

Gohan was the strongest in the game at the height of dbz, he was also the character in my opinion with the most personality.
So?

Gohan was the strongest at the end of Cell Saga as well, and Goku and Vegeta surpass him later on, nobody trains like Goku except Vegeta, no way Gohan can keep up.

Tequila_Wolf said:

As to UI I would expect at the very least vegeta to get it

Apparently, they give Vegeta that new form so that he didn't needed to use UI as well, using more variety.
Jan 27, 2018 3:07 AM
Jul 2012
Vegeta new transformation looks like he went to a purikura
Jan 28, 2018 11:10 PM

Dec 2015
Awww, after how cool the last episode was, here we go again we the sub-par animation ://

It's nice to see Vegeta evolving in his own way, adds some variety to the whole transformation thing. It's a cool thing that should have been done long ago.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Mar 3, 2018 2:54 PM
TMNT Lover

Oct 2017
Really Goku? Was Krillin's Destructo Disc attack really the only attack you could have used for that trick?

I didn't see much problems with this episode, but to be honest, there wasn't much outstanding things either. When Vegeta started assisting Goku, it didn't give me a surge of eagerness like in past team-ups. Guess I'll just have to see how they play it out in the next episodes.
Mar 3, 2018 9:08 PM

Dec 2012
Vegeta looks really cool in this episode!

Mar 17, 2018 3:33 AM

Sep 2011
Great episode. Goku and Vegeta fighting togheter was amazing.

So Vegeta surpassed the SSB? I wonder if this is a SSB2 or the Perfect SSB that appeared in the manga.

Also, Goku using strategy in his fight was really nice.
Apr 7, 2018 12:35 PM

Jan 2015
That's a unusual thing to see Goku using strategy. XD
The fight was cool they got powered up again. I'm sure Jiren didn't even used his half power.
May 21, 2018 8:25 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Goku and Vegeta, evolutions? Next episode i suppose we will know!!! kekeke
Aug 10, 2019 8:33 PM
Dec 2017
This episode is good. For a second there, I thought Vegeta went Third Grade SSB. Then again, Vegeta should be aware of the disadvantages of a form like that. And even though he did seem more muscular, he didn't seem to be any slower than Goku so I guess he actually went SSB2. I also really like that they included his promise to Cabba.
Jun 22, 2020 3:22 PM

Dec 2012
Vegeta.
Jiren told Vegeta to go to sleep.
lol at Zen-chan.
Goku wants to fight Jiren.
Beers cousin runs from Freeza.
Top almost get ringed out.
Goku uses Instantaneous Movement.
He's dropping something.
Dat landmine.
Goku uses Kienzan!
Dat chest punch.
Dat Kienzan sixfold blades!
Jiren is falling! Is this it?
Jiren is back in.
Dat blast.

lol They had Vegeta's new form in the ending. So this would be SSGSS: Full Power?
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Feb 2, 2021 9:00 AM

Jun 2019
Great job, Vegeta. Surpassing your own limits...
Dec 22, 2022 1:34 AM

Nov 2020
An epic fight between Goku and Jiren.
May 2, 2023 8:17 PM

Nov 2015
Man.. Jiren is one scary fellow 
Vegita looks like an angry whale or smth lol
Gohan's fall is next! Imo I always thought that he couldn't surpass his father ever and has reached his limit at the Cell saga because of his condition of being half human, that's saddening but it is how it works u know 

That Ki saw thingy that Krillin does too I was expecting to see how it cuts Jiren some :/ like Goku did with Picolo, Frieza, Cell, Buu... But I guess it's because Jiren actually can not regenerate 

💢

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2016

102 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 19, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 66 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 12, 2016

352 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 19, 8:46 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2015

57 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 18, 10:34 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 62 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2016

93 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 18, 10:28 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 60 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2016

98 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 18, 9:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.