Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 13, 2018 5:09 PM

Sep 2016
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
another epic fight Goku vs Jiren and new SSB Vegeta + SSBK Goku vs Jiren near the end looks pretty damn epic. these 2 full power + teamwork should be able to make jiren get serious pretty soon. too bad we are back to gohan and freeza next week bleh!
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jan 13, 2018 5:09 PM

Nov 2011
Ah the fight between Jiren and Goku continues. Vegeta took major damage but still survives this round.

He manages to regain his form and return to fight with Goku against Jiren, who I think is starting to really startng to show off his powers now. Quite an epiosde. Wow.
Jan 13, 2018 5:45 PM

Jul 2015
Great episode. The shot at the end with Kaioken blue Goku and Vegetas new form looks fucking cool. Next episode seems to be more focused on Gohan and Frieza. Well we've seen they can actually work as a team so looking forward to that
Jan 13, 2018 5:47 PM

Jan 2013
This was wayy better than the last one.

Goku's strategy almost killed Jirens ass if it wasnt for his rock bouncing skills :/

The power ups in the last moments was quite dope too. Also since when does Goku know Destructio Disk? That moment was way too hype!

NEP's title has "Gohan's Last Stand". Really hope this isn't what i think it is...
Jan 13, 2018 5:48 PM

May 2009
Nice episode. I wish there was some more build-up to Vegeta's new transformation, but oh well... At least he achieved a new power! :D

Hope soon, Jiren's backstory would be revealed. I don't want there to be a super OP character that doesn't seem to have an anecdotal motivation of winning the tournament (besides the universal erasure one).
Jan 13, 2018 6:12 PM

Jun 2015
I don't think this'll be enough to beat jiren, Ultra instinct goku has to come at some point.
Jan 13, 2018 6:13 PM

Jun 2013
Vegeta just got SSB2, I expected more but I'm not saying it's bad...

Jan 13, 2018 6:14 PM

Nov 2016
This episode was pretty good again. But Jiren is still holding back,guess once Dyspo and Toppo we're going to witness his full power.

Lowkey looking forward to Gohan and Frieza teamwork.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 13, 2018 6:28 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Intense episode. Good to see a Goku Black OST used in this episode, I found those OST's to be very good imo.
Goku pulling all the stops to try and beat Jiren. That was a pretty good try by Goku alone. The expression by Belmod when Jiren was falling off the stage was so hilarious. He was freaking out lol

Vegeta's new transformation was epic. I feel like it's a higher grade of SSB much like how regular SSJ has various grades.
Regardless I like this transformation, it really suits Vegeta, darker blue and all.

Toppo vs Gohan and 17, so far Toppo has the upperhand. The power gap between is pretty big among Toppo and 17/Gohan, and Toppo has yet to go full power. Honestly, don't see how he's going to be thrown since Goku/Vegeta are fighting Jiren.

Jan 13, 2018 6:35 PM

Jan 2018
Goku and Vegeta tag team looks amazing along with the soundtrack. The omni King impersonating Jiren was funny too!

Doesn't look like Jiren is trying yet, but maybe his time will come soon since he wont be able to hold G&V transformations without powering up!!

Looking forward for the next episode of DBS!!!
Jan 13, 2018 6:47 PM

Jun 2017
Tbh, expected more of Vegetas SSB2, no goosebumps at all
The next episodes will be interesting, i think the tournament will be over in 3-4 Episodes....and after that? New villain?
Jan 13, 2018 6:49 PM

Dec 2014
Vegeta's new form just came out of nowhere lmao
Jan 13, 2018 7:07 PM

May 2015
New techniques old techniques, great choreography, Z warrior taking a beating left to right, new mode for one of the Z warriors, great tag-team, OP AF nemesis... my goodness gracious this episode was delightful!
Jan 13, 2018 7:12 PM

May 2010
Since when Goku became that good at strategy?

Even after all these years dragon ball manages to re invent itself and surprise me.

Excellent episode.
Jan 13, 2018 7:19 PM

Apr 2016
Great episode. Goku is seriously a genius when it comes to fighting. Looking forward to Gohan and Frieza teamwork.
Zhexal said:
The next episodes will be interesting, i think the tournament will be over in 3-4 Episodes....and after that? New villain?
Tournament will end in March.
Jan 13, 2018 7:27 PM

Mar 2015
Hated the episode, lame animation since the start (only good in the end) and Vegeta's new transformation, the scene was awfull wish he was alone, Goku being there just ruined the moment.
GuifoliveiraaJan 13, 2018 7:44 PM
Jan 13, 2018 7:33 PM

Sep 2016
Zhexal said:
4 superior universes and then angels
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jan 13, 2018 7:37 PM

Oct 2017
Great episode!
Loved the tactics goku used against Jiren. Also, loved Vegetas limit breaker.
Jan 13, 2018 7:52 PM

Sep 2017
Keep it up!!! Something bad and epic will begin. I can feel it!!!
Jan 13, 2018 7:59 PM

Aug 2012
Jiren used "serious series consecutive punch"
It's effective

Anyway that was anti-climatic evolvement on Vegeta's part.
Jan 13, 2018 8:30 PM

Aug 2013
Aww I thought that OST was only for Ultra Instinct.

That was some nice strategy by Goku. If only he went all out there using kaioken kamehameha after that kick (destroying all the rocks surrounding Jiren), he might have won there.

Really weird how Vegeta was only thinking of Cabba to achieve his new transformation, not Bulma or Trunks. Seems like SSB2 Vegeta is over 20x multiplier from normal SSB. Still a level behind UI Goku.

Wonder what happened to 17 and Toppo that Gohan suddenly went to help Freiza.
UImoetardJan 13, 2018 8:48 PM
Jan 13, 2018 8:31 PM

May 2016
Just 4min of screen time for Vegeta, I guess he deserved more, much more
『  』
Jan 13, 2018 9:23 PM

Oct 2017
I'm so glad Vegeta got a new transformation. I don't know if it's supposed to be SSJB2 or Perfected SSJB, but I do know it looks BADASS!
Jan 13, 2018 9:46 PM

Mar 2015
Good episode, but adding on to a few people above:

Vegeta def deserved a bit more screen time. I was shocked considering they really did a lot of build up with last week's preview (as well as the new ED dropping). I was hoping there would be more of a build up to his new transformation. While I do love that he clearly has a big connection with Cabba, I was hoping that the transformation would involve at least Bulma as a motivator (we've seen it work before after all...) Was also low-key looking forward to a few moments where Vegeta would have caught Jiren off-guard and make a huge advance.

Not surprised about the teamwork. They've been eluding to Goku and Vegeta teaming up since they went off to train with Whis :/

Also curious what happens to Toppo and 17. Was pretty much convinced 17's strategy would have worked and both would drop out this episode... but if the tournament isn't ending until March, then I guess they need to drag it out a little more.
Jan 13, 2018 9:58 PM

Feb 2017
Goku almost eliminated Jiren there. And that was a good strategy setting up traps. I'm liking Vegeta's new form. That part when Zeno imitated Jiren was funny.
Mankind knew that they cannot change society. So instead of reflecting on themselves, they blamed the beasts.
Jan 13, 2018 10:17 PM

Sep 2015
Goku you cheater how can you even hold fighting with Jiren without Ultra instinct?

And why you guys surprised by Jiren's punch? its not first time you guys saw a attacj faster than your eye can catch.
Into the Internet!
Jan 13, 2018 10:44 PM
Jun 2011
Lunhax said:
Goku and Vegeta tag team looks amazing along with the soundtrack. The omni King impersonating Jiren was funny too!

Doesn't look like Jiren is trying yet, but maybe his time will come soon since he wont be able to hold G&V transformations without powering up!!

Looking forward for the next episode of DBS!!!
i think this red energy he had after coming back to stage is a little of his full power
Jan 13, 2018 11:21 PM

Jun 2013
ZBlastHistory said:
Goku you cheater how can you even hold fighting with Jiren without Ultra instinct?

And why you guys surprised by Jiren's punch? its not first time you guys saw a attacj faster than your eye can catch.

im guessing he knows jirens patterns now, so he can put up a small fight, when he initially fought with jiren, he was extremley cocky and was humbled. Happens to goku almost every fight
Jan 13, 2018 11:37 PM

Jan 2018
@elior1 ... yes, just a tiny bit lol
Jan 14, 2018 12:10 AM
Jun 2017
Does anyone know what Vegeta's new form is called?
Jan 14, 2018 12:14 AM

Dec 2011
Goku was quite smart this episode fighting Jiren but i know Goku is a genius fighter.Finally Jiren show a bit of his real strength and it is not a joke how strong this man can be..
I got a bit tear up at the end when Goku and Vegeta finally fight together.
Jan 14, 2018 12:24 AM
Feb 2009
Finally an episode when people are using their heads... that makes a lot of difference.

Goku using landmine + kienzan + teleportation was nice. Jiren should not have been able to come back from this...

C-17's plan to sacrify himself to get rid of Toppo was also interesting.

And freeza trolling. As usual.

Nice animation when Goku and Vegeta going SSB.
Jan 14, 2018 1:14 AM
Jan 2010
Another asspull transformation, this time SSB moe ver
Really unfitting for vegeta
Jan 14, 2018 1:28 AM

May 2017
god damn dbs is so incosistent with their animations.. this did not look good and im REALLY curious as to why they used all their resources for the last episode (which looked amazing) instead of this BIG episode? Makes zero sense to me.
Jan 14, 2018 1:32 AM

Jul 2014
does is jiren kill? find out next time on dragon ball z
Jan 14, 2018 1:38 AM

Sep 2014
Vegeta's new form has to be the most anticlimatic transformation ever. Also, grew tired of the whole Jiren crap. Ok we already get it. He is a powerful beast but stop with this crappy comments like "that was his first serious punch" etc. They are hyping a bland with a personality of a brick idiot for half a year now. Putting aside my rant, Goku's strategies were the best part of this episode. It was nice to see energy blast mines and destructo disks used which almost took out Jiren. More interested in seeing what Frieza and Gohan will do for the rest of this tournament. I hope Gohan will make it next week and the title will be a bait.
Jan 14, 2018 1:44 AM

May 2015
goku's strategy is more hype than vegita's new form lol
Jan 14, 2018 2:05 AM
Dec 2017
I enjoyed the episode, was hoping to see more of just Vegeta following his power up. Speaking of Vegeta, does anyone have any good, clear images of him in ssb 2? Preferably full body. I want to use a good image as part of my tattoo sleeve, so far I've got mystic Gohan and piccolo, in 2 weeks I'd like to add Ui Goku and ssb 2 Vegeta
Jan 14, 2018 2:38 AM
Apr 2015
So...

The new Vegeta's tranformation = Super Saiyan Blue Kaioken?

I expected something more powerful tho...
Jan 14, 2018 2:52 AM

Oct 2014
Pretty decent episode. Although I'm still not at all sold on Jiren as a character. There's just nothing there to enjoy. They're trying to inject some personality in him now, but it's coming a bit too late to have any meaningful impact. They might as well be fighting a brick wall.

Jiren stepping off of tiny rocks to get back onto the arena felt very asspull-y. I mean, it's not outside the realm of possibilities in the setting but there was no preamble to how he could do it, or even that he -could- do it at all. I guess the "no ki flying" rule doesn't cover making yourself lighter to jump off of tiny rocks.

Show is still a little too heavy on the peanut gallery, making a comment on every single play. They aren't even giving us added information at this point, it's just restating what just happened or confirming what is obvious to anyone that isn't blind and deaf. At least it isn't as bad as the "He thought that far ahead" comment on Gohan's tactics a few episodes back. That was just dumb.

Further, continuity error, they're commenting on Goku's and Vegeta's ki, except SSB ki is supposed to be unable to be sensed by mortals. Guess they conveniently forgot that tidbit of info. Unless I'm forgetting some part where they retconned that, but I don't think I am.

We probably won't see much of the Jiren fight next ep, considering the episode preview. The fight is going to be going until the start of march. Arc is seemingly coming to a close, not sure where the heck the series will go after that.
Jan 14, 2018 3:45 AM

Oct 2015
Goku is using his brain for the fight. I was expecting those blue energy dots to be points where he would teleport to, using his Instant Transmission. Basically he'd teleport around super fast, more precisely, easily, while attacking. Not sure how possible, or useful it would have been, but those landmines seemed like really weak idea, other than using them as distractions. That destructo disc tactic was awesome to see. I wish Goku had tried to use his SSB kaioken kamehameha to make sure Jiren surely falls (of course Jiren would still be able to come back for plot reasons), but at least we'd see some seriousness from Goku, that he's really trying to make sure they win. It was still really nice nonetheless.

Vegeta finally got some sort of new power. Goku should have commented on it too, instead of just looking at Jiren. Obviously not the best introduction of a new transformation, but I'm still happy with it.

Next episodes will be about the other fights, probably. That's completely fine, since Jiren must be the final boss. I was expecting Dyspo to get dysposed of, by now. He doesn't seem strong at all, just super fast. I hope he's going to have a role already, or gets knocked off the stage.
Jan 14, 2018 3:50 AM
Dec 2017
LuZeke said:

Further, continuity error, they're commenting on Goku's and Vegeta's ki, except SSB ki is supposed to be unable to be sensed by mortals. Guess they conveniently forgot that tidbit of info. Unless I'm forgetting some part where they retconned that, but I don't think I am.

I'm pretty sure it's only ssjg where they can't sense the ki's level, so when Goku first ascended to ssjg it couldn't be detected but ssjb is just an enhancement of their mortal power levels not an ascension to god status.
Jan 14, 2018 3:53 AM

Aug 2014
Hey guys, do you remember Super Vegeta from the Android Saga? Well, this is him in blue!

Honetly wish they would have just retired Goku and Vegeta. There's nothing interesting to be done with them anymore.

The DBS battle choreographies have improved over time, but that's close to the only thing exciting about the series.
Jan 14, 2018 4:09 AM

Feb 2013
robiu013 said:
Hey guys, do you remember Super Vegeta from the Android Saga? Well, this is him in blue!

Honetly wish they would have just retired Goku and Vegeta. There's nothing interesting to be done with them anymore.

The DBS battle choreographies have improved over time, but that's close to the only thing exciting about the series.

Yeah, that's what I also thought.
Let's hope that he won't have the same speed problems again.
Jan 14, 2018 5:47 AM

Oct 2014
Hennah04 said:
I'm pretty sure it's only ssjg where they can't sense the ki's level, so when Goku first ascended to ssjg it couldn't be detected but ssjb is just an enhancement of their mortal power levels not an ascension to god status.

No, they've explicitly stated that SSB ki IS God ki and thus not perceptible to mortals or those who cannot sense God ki. I don't recall the exact episode, however, but logic dictates it would be the first time Goku pulled SSB in front of a crowd.

Edit: I looked up the episode. In episode 24, Goku transforms into SSB in front of the others for the first time and Kuririn says that he can't feel Goku's ki at all anymore. I believe in a subsequent episode Whis goes into further detail, but I won't bother looking that up.
LuZekeJan 14, 2018 2:16 PM
Jan 14, 2018 6:06 AM
Dec 2017
Zhexal said:
Over?? This is DB Fights ots gonna take atleast 7-8 episodes
Jan 14, 2018 6:30 AM

Sep 2014
nice fight, also curious to see Vegeta and Goku in a tag team battle against jiren.

But when this is supposed to be Vegetas "new" form Im a bit disappointed about the weak ass transformation.

So every episode is a minute now, lets see if they do something funny when its only 5 minutes left.

Also I would be sad if Frieza never fought Jiren, his golden form is pretty nice after all.

PS: Some new information, leaks, new arcs etc posted over in Japan? We got teasers for the tournament month in advance.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jan 14, 2018 6:34 AM
Dec 2010
Another random power up... not that it means anything, power scaling doesn't exist in this series anyway.

I am now waiting for Jiren to reveal he still has 4 transformations.
Jan 14, 2018 7:05 AM

Dec 2014
The action this episode was pretty good.

The powerup scene with the OST and the walking was great.
So is this SSB2 Vegeta or SSB Super Vegeta?
Jan 14, 2018 7:27 AM

Jun 2017
Riboku-uchiha said:
Zhexal said:
Over?? This is DB Fights ots gonna take atleast 7-8 episodes

Yeah, my bad, almost forgot about the other fights
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2015

51 by TheColonel76 »»
Yesterday, 8:45 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2015

96 by TheColonel76 »»
Yesterday, 7:36 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2016

102 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 19, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 66 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 12, 2016

352 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 19, 8:46 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2015

57 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 18, 10:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.