Forum Settings
Forums

Philosophy/Physics: What if all fiction exists?

New
Jan 13, 2018 5:10 AM

Nov 2015
For example from Donald Duck to Angel Beats.

What if they all exist becuase of our mind, our toughts.

Even the smallest least know fiction from indie writers or startup comics.

But in another universe/Dimension and or time.?
Pherhaps even in our own?

We can see here fictional tech is real from several movies to reality.

But what if characters and such exist!?
Near is far superior to you!

Jan 13, 2018 5:23 AM

Apr 2013
This has nothing to do with physics or philosophy...
Jan 13, 2018 5:26 AM
Émilia Hoarfrost

Dec 2015
I don't believe at all in parallel universes. That's just the thought of thinkers assimilating ideas like all we did in life... Take return in time. What is time then ? Time is only the movement at every second. Memory of yours are neurons that are still in your brain. Past is only brain connections, future is a concept. Most of the logical concept exists in potentiality of course, that is, some super phone will exist with the hype and demand there is for it, and such evolution is reserved for anything that take over the economic market, or whatever science can work upon...
But parallel universe is a fiction. That is to say, parallel universes doesn't mean parallel galaxies, and it feels like it would be totally normal for another galaxy to have life in it.
@NudeBear That too x)

Jan 13, 2018 6:44 AM
Jul 2018
Re: Creators is a good example for this. You can feel unreal sensation your favourite characters and it's disturbing how fuck up we are for clinging into 2d instead looking for better aspect in real life. Wait...
Jan 13, 2018 9:50 AM

May 2013
I think that's where the concept of the 'astral plane' comes in. Fiction and animation 'downloads' an image into our physical world.

Anime does connect heaven and earth as through skillful animation and artwork we can tell the story of what is happening in higher spheres.
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Jan 13, 2018 10:12 AM
Jul 2018
Naturally the 'idea' comes before the 'event'. It's like one of the themes in Serial Experiments Lain. Without a prophecy, there cannot be an event. Or without an 'idea' there cannot be the 'plan' to 'form' an 'event.'

The idea of multi worlds is a fun concept in anime, and I'm open to it being a possibility, but as far as future technology coming into formulation from past ideas... it's nothing special. Because the idea has always been there before the technology ever was to make such technological advancements possible.

Earth always supplied the 'minerals', so to speak, that will lead us into the future. It's just up to humankind to gain the proper amount of knowledge and intelligence to be able to utilize those 'minerals' properly.
Jan 13, 2018 10:14 AM

Sep 2009
Because that's how humans manage to stay alive. If the human race were perfectly logical, they wouldn't last very long.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Jan 13, 2018 11:18 AM

Nov 2015
Lolsebca said:
I don't believe at all in parallel universes. That's just the thought of thinkers assimilating ideas like all we did in life... Take return in time. What is time then ? Time is only the movement at every second. Memory of yours are neurons that are still in your brain. Past is only brain connections, future is a concept. Most of the logical concept exists in potentiality of course, that is, some super phone will exist with the hype and demand there is for it, and such evolution is reserved for anything that take over the economic market, or whatever science can work upon...
But parallel universe is a fiction. That is to say, parallel universes doesn't mean parallel galaxies, and it feels like it would be totally normal for another galaxy to have life in it.
@NudeBear That too x)

Even tough physicists say they are working on the thieries among the string theory or the simulation theory you choose to ingore it and disbalieve these?

As these both include the consept and or at least the possibility of other universes and or dimensions .

Lets we not forget our ancsestors experiences with spiritual beings and tales we would not believe now.

How would you explain that?

They are all fake and all tell lies?

There is nothing to it you say?

Jan 13, 2018 3:03 PM
Émilia Hoarfrost

Dec 2015
Error_inscript said:
Lolsebca said:
@NudeBear That too x)

Even tough physicists say they are working on the thieries among the string theory or the simulation theory you choose to ingore it and disbalieve these?

As these both include the consept and or at least the possibility of other universes and or dimensions .

Lets we not forget our ancsestors experiences with spiritual beings and tales we would not believe now.

Like spirituality is naivety, what I understood from string theory was religious and inconsistent ? Like, Idk for state of particle with undetermined state before measure but I have the intuition it's normal, like the particle state is switched actual states at the same time almost and measure kinda updates it, as if it was electronically sensible and 'updated' if measured. I don't know simulation theory either but they're only theories and anyone can propose scientific theories, or even can create a fictional value that is unreal but working in principle : every fucking physic equation with created values. The concept of assimilation of ideas seems logical philosophically so...
And a theory of science nowadays should combine quantic and classic physics, hence why it still isn't validated by the scientific community, and why some of the concepts of parallel universes may as well be sheer fiction. Knowing I believe universe to be unique and everything (matter and life, perhaps life itself is some physic concept or chemical element of stuff we don't know) so there is no room for fictional time space. And also, theory means work in progress, disbelief of scientific facts I don't, just they're still not proved right. Besides science may as well be completely biased and not in its optimal form. You overevaluate science. As a human craft.

Jan 14, 2018 2:56 AM

Nov 2015
Lolsebca said:
Error_inscript said:

Like spirituality is naivety, what I understood from string theory was religious and inconsistent ? Like, Idk for state of particle with undetermined state before measure but I have the intuition it's normal, like the particle state is switched actual states at the same time almost and measure kinda updates it, as if it was electronically sensible and 'updated' if measured. I don't know simulation theory either but they're only theories and anyone can propose scientific theories, or even can create a fictional value that is unreal but working in principle : every fucking physic equation with created values. The concept of assimilation of ideas seems logical philosophically so...
And a theory of science nowadays should combine quantic and classic physics, hence why it still isn't validated by the scientific community, and why some of the concepts of parallel universes may as well be sheer fiction. Knowing I believe universe to be unique and everything (matter and life, perhaps life itself is some physic concept or chemical element of stuff we don't know) so there is no room for fictional time space. And also, theory means work in progress, disbelief of scientific facts I don't, just they're still not proved right. Besides science may as well be completely biased and not in its optimal form. You overevaluate science. As a human craft.

So you are saying you have no understanding of the subject yet claim it is not true.

Also you are saying theories such as string theory are not within the scientific community and are not respected?

Does Michio Kaku knwo about the string theory , what about Steven Hawking?

You are also claiming science is baised.
So testing and evaluating things based on non baised specifications is baised?

Jan 14, 2018 3:31 AM
Jul 2018
If it that, then it doesn't matter.
Won't change the way I live.
This is just useless philosowanking.
Jan 14, 2018 4:02 AM

Jun 2015
I'm pretty sure you wouldn't want the majority of fictional creations to exist.

People are ducked up.

Jan 14, 2018 4:12 AM
Jul 2018
I'd very much like to see anything from the horror genre to come into actuality.

Jan 14, 2018 4:53 AM

Nov 2014
Would these fiction world be one that pop into existence the moment the author writes them? Or would the number of these supposed existing alternative universe/dimension be so vast that it is fundamentally impossible to write something that doesn't already exist?

None of this makes sense, you're just making a bullshit scenario into a train of thought that you perceive to be insightful/deep.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Jan 14, 2018 7:57 AM

Nov 2015
BurningSpirit said:
Would these fiction world be one that pop into existence the moment the author writes them? Or would the number of these supposed existing alternative universe/dimension be so vast that it is fundamentally impossible to write something that doesn't already exist?

None of this makes sense, you're just making a bullshit scenario into a train of thought that you perceive to be insightful/deep.

Just becuase it may not seem to make sense does not mean it is not real.

After all it could not make sense but be real instead.

Jan 14, 2018 8:03 AM

Jul 2007
So what if I wrote, in this post, that the exact universe in which we all reside (and definitely not any alternative versions of us) will explode in 5 seconds? Are you prepared to die?
Jan 14, 2018 8:06 AM

Sep 2009
There's no physics involved. The answer is "so what?"
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Jan 14, 2018 8:28 AM

Aug 2017
Technically, since the universe is infinite, everything could exist, and if it doesn't right now, it eventually will.
Jan 14, 2018 8:38 AM

Apr 2015
So you're saying there's a chance my waifu really exists?
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Jan 14, 2018 9:11 AM

Nov 2015
CatSoul said:
CatSoul said:

And mine too!

Isn't that awsome? !

Like we will get wedded together !!

Jan 14, 2018 12:21 PM
Aug 2016
Anything can be a reality when you do something about it
Jan 14, 2018 12:29 PM

Mar 2016
I don't think so because this doesnt take into account concept fragments. Consider this; a person has an idea but only a few specifics pertaining to it such as characters and personalities. That doesn't account for the entire world that character is to live in and what happens if that character happens to exist in the same world as us according to that individual's imagination? To ponder the possibility of fiction existing tangibly in other dimensions, we'd have to ponder the possibility of deistic powers within ourselves and what that means for us as a race.

tl;dr fiction can never be more than fiction because we are not demigods
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 14, 2018 12:51 PM

Jun 2017
Shit, then bewbs actually become over inflated water balloons.
I'm a shitposter for fun

More topics from this board

» Fill this thread with the most questionable statement or two you can think of!

IAmOdie - Apr 20

33 by deg »»
18 minutes ago

» What do you think about online friendship?

Mehwish_999 - Apr 21

44 by Smugdear »»
39 minutes ago

» Planning a Spain Trip

redlockhigh - Apr 8

19 by redlockhigh »»
1 hour ago

» Are you a slow or fast typier on a computer???

DesuMaiden - Apr 19

40 by Smugdear »»
1 hour ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

670 by SynthwaveCrusade »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.