Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 12, 2018 10:43 AM
Jan 2015
Hello all,

So.... I'm watching Rosario to Vampire for the third time. And I'm kinda thinking I'm crazy for doing so, as there are things that have annoyed me every single time, especially in S1. This is part of a re-watch-athon I'm doing, watching many series again I've really liked before and I DO like it, but I really scratch my head at quite some things.

I'd like to know your thought on these things.

1: Almost every encounter in this school has lead to someone saying 'Tsukune is like a human' - even Kurumu said this in episode 2. Yes they are all SHOCKED at the reveal at the end of the season. This really annoys me, because even if Kurumu would ignore her own intuition and ignores the fact she had already concluded that Moka must love Tsukune's blood because he is human and also ignores the fact that Tsukune has never ever revealed himself and has never wondered why he always needed to be saved (they for some reason always took it for granted and never asked about anything...) - why was there that much of a SHOCK. A little surprise because your first assumption was correct after all would make a tiny tad more sense, but... yeah, she's ignored a lot here. They all have. It made the end, at least the second-last episode to S1 extremely annoying rather than tense every time.

2: Why do all these monsters that have to learn how to behave like humans, so little sense of how to do that? Nekonome can't ever hide her tail, the other teacher isn't much better and monsters KILL each other at the school (I think the Mermaids did that, for instance), or at least keep ASSAULTING one another (my 3rd point).... and youre telling me that these people are dropped into human society afterwards, without anything ever coming to light? Without the humans ever finding out? Come now....

3: Why the heck don't the teachers do anything to keep it safe; everyone attacks each other. In fact even the teachers attack the students. Nothing makes sense....

4: What happened after Ruby attacked Tsukune on the Witch Hill? You see them all going berserk, then the credits roll and they skip this scene that I was the most hyped for when I first watched it. I was so angry that they skipped it, I mean it even look like Moka transformed DESPITE her Rosary and they just skip over the whole thing? What came after really wasnt epic enough to justify this great moment leading up to nothing. So what happened? The fight took place off-screen, or suddenly Ruby was knocked out in barely 1 second, unable to do anything, while in the episode after that it takes 20 minutes?

As you can see, I really think nothing makes sense. Why I still like the anime is simple: nice art, mostly at least, I like the supernatural and Moka. And.. yeah, Moka. Why am I re-watching? Well... Moka.

And S2 is at least a bit better, IIRC - will start rewatching that tomorrow. There are a few things I vaguely remember myself scratching my head over, but not as much as in S1 by far. Wanted to say more but people looking at a S1 discussion might not have seen S2 yet. I'll keep these words to myself then.

Anyway! Thoughts? Opinions? Answers? Who still wants a S3? I still do :S
Apr 4, 2018 10:00 PM

Mar 2017
DiaborMagics said:
Hello all,

So.... I'm watching Rosario to Vampire for the third time. And I'm kinda thinking I'm crazy for doing so, as there are things that have annoyed me every single time, especially in S1. This is part of a re-watch-athon I'm doing, watching many series again I've really liked before and I DO like it, but I really scratch my head at quite some things.

I'd like to know your thought on these things.

1: Almost every encounter in this school has lead to someone saying 'Tsukune is like a human' - even Kurumu said this in episode 2. Yes they are all SHOCKED at the reveal at the end of the season. This really annoys me, because even if Kurumu would ignore her own intuition and ignores the fact she had already concluded that Moka must love Tsukune's blood because he is human and also ignores the fact that Tsukune has never ever revealed himself and has never wondered why he always needed to be saved (they for some reason always took it for granted and never asked about anything...) - why was there that much of a SHOCK. A little surprise because your first assumption was correct after all would make a tiny tad more sense, but... yeah, she's ignored a lot here. They all have. It made the end, at least the second-last episode to S1 extremely annoying rather than tense every time.

2: Why do all these monsters that have to learn how to behave like humans, so little sense of how to do that? Nekonome can't ever hide her tail, the other teacher isn't much better and monsters KILL each other at the school (I think the Mermaids did that, for instance), or at least keep ASSAULTING one another (my 3rd point).... and youre telling me that these people are dropped into human society afterwards, without anything ever coming to light? Without the humans ever finding out? Come now....

3: Why the heck don't the teachers do anything to keep it safe; everyone attacks each other. In fact even the teachers attack the students. Nothing makes sense....

4: What happened after Ruby attacked Tsukune on the Witch Hill? You see them all going berserk, then the credits roll and they skip this scene that I was the most hyped for when I first watched it. I was so angry that they skipped it, I mean it even look like Moka transformed DESPITE her Rosary and they just skip over the whole thing? What came after really wasnt epic enough to justify this great moment leading up to nothing. So what happened? The fight took place off-screen, or suddenly Ruby was knocked out in barely 1 second, unable to do anything, while in the episode after that it takes 20 minutes?

As you can see, I really think nothing makes sense. Why I still like the anime is simple: nice art, mostly at least, I like the supernatural and Moka. And.. yeah, Moka. Why am I re-watching? Well... Moka.

And S2 is at least a bit better, IIRC - will start rewatching that tomorrow. There are a few things I vaguely remember myself scratching my head over, but not as much as in S1 by far. Wanted to say more but people looking at a S1 discussion might not have seen S2 yet. I'll keep these words to myself then.

Anyway! Thoughts? Opinions? Answers? Who still wants a S3? I still do :S

Number 4 was answered in the manga I believe. I love Rosario to Vampire! I re-watched it a couple of times myself too. Anyways, yeah. The manga is a lot better than the anime in my opinion and answers a lot of things the anime didn't. Heck, season 2 wasn't even adapted from the manga at all. As for season 3, I hope they reboot this series and not do a new season, but both will probably never happen. Glad to see another Rosario to Vampire fan! :)
Apr 10, 2018 8:28 AM
Jan 2015
Ah, well I started with the manga, but I couldn't finish it. Not because I didn't like it, but I'm just no reader....

Well actually I'm just picky. Some stories grab me so much I can't stop (talking about regular books), but comics and manga kinda have to be in color. For some reason, it's also often hard for me to see what's going on in a black-and-white frame. No idea why, as far as I know there's hardly anything from with my eyes :S

But yeah I never read manga, despite some attempts. And I still want to continue one day, but 'one day' doesnt say much im afraid :S

Nice to meet you, too!

S2 not from the manga? Oh? Don't tell me Kokoa isn't in the manga? She's awesome.
Apr 10, 2018 10:13 AM
Jul 2018
DiaborMagics said:
S2 not from the manga?

The second season, Rosario + Vampire Capu2, is loosely based on the Rosario+Vampire: Season II manga, which focuses on Tsukune's and the girls' second year at Yokai Academy and introduces characters from the second serialization as well as new anime-only characters, as with the first season.

That being said, season one, Rosario + Vampire, is also loosely based on the first nineteen chapters of the Rosario+Vampire manga. The first season mainly focuses on the romantic comedy aspect as well as the "monster of the week" motif that's featured in Toku shows and some rare occasions of breaking the fourth wall (talking to the audience, that is).

^ The above information is taken from the List of Rosario+Vampire episodes Wikipedia page.

Don't tell me Kokoa isn't in the manga? She's awesome.

Don't worry. Kokoa is in both mangas (I think), along with her and Moka's other siblings as well as family members. The other girls' families and whatnot also make an appearance, so...

~~~

As a fan of BOTH the anime and the manga (more so the first than the second, however), I just thought I would put my .02 in in the hopes of making things more clearer for you, OP. ^^;;
Apr 10, 2018 1:35 PM
Jan 2015
Thanks a lot for the info!

I should really try committing to the Manga again

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rosario+Vampire Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Trineas - Mar 27, 2008

144 by notorietyfour »»
Apr 13, 10:12 AM

Poll: » Rosario+Vampire Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

radiantfire - Jan 10, 2008

101 by notorietyfour »»
Apr 13, 12:04 AM

Poll: » Rosario+Vampire Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

radiantfire - Jan 3, 2008

141 by Mortimm »»
Apr 7, 8:59 PM

Poll: » Rosario+Vampire Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Jan 31, 2008

60 by thegirlmystic »»
Mar 31, 8:57 PM

Poll: » Rosario+Vampire Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AnimusNathan - Mar 8, 2008

79 by R6exR6 »»
Feb 12, 5:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.