Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 13, 2018 6:48 AM
Apr 2016
Ok the demon kid just murdered some and no mention of it what-so-ever? Theo, I am a little disappointed. I can still feel the flame of passion burning in me, but it just got a little-something- dimmer.
Re:formed
Jan 13, 2018 7:17 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
So it looks like the news of Theo's new accent is finally spreading. Theo looks pretty surprised at the land that he inherited though which is understandable i guess. So Theo eventually decided to leave his hometown to try and save it huh. The look that Irvin gave when told Siluca actually has friends though. So the friend that was summoned was a cat in a cape huh interesting. Seems that Siluca is serious about the contract she has with Theo. Aishela sure is interesting. Silica's combat magic though not as flashy was well thought out and implemented. Aishela though really takes a fancy at the strangest things. But the enemy sure has plenty of skilled fighters as well like captain steel there. But man that was one outcome that was most unexpected. But its nice that Theo gains another ally for his fight though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 13, 2018 7:46 AM

Aug 2015
Even the characters say that Siluca's clothes don't match. The design of the characters is very similar to other series... But I have loved Aishela since the first time I saw her. I loved her personality and especially the voice acting. But that kiss on any character... Unnecessary, hateful. Maybe I'll watch the third episode to confirm my displeasure, but I'll probably drop the series here.
Jan 13, 2018 8:05 AM
Mar 2017
If he could go up from "level" to knight degree by killing a three-headed wolf, why not do it many times and go up more?
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Jan 13, 2018 8:28 AM
Apr 2016
Jalter said:
Even the characters say that Siluca's clothes don't match. The design of the characters is very similar to other series... But I have loved Aishela since the first time I saw her. I loved her personality and especially the voice acting. But that kiss on any character... Unnecessary, hateful. Maybe I'll watch the third episode to confirm my displeasure, but I'll probably drop the series here.

U jealous someone can spread the love while u can't? That's is some nasty envy here.
Jan 13, 2018 8:28 AM
Apr 2016
FireCrauter said:
If he could go up from "level" to knight degree by killing a three-headed wolf, why not do it many times and go up more?

Because no where it says "the tiers of achievement do not change".
Jan 13, 2018 10:03 AM

Jun 2013
Cat is here...they already changed the chance to Theo see Siluca's silly side tough, but OK with that...

and AISHE IS HERE! Absolutely love Her....Bad Ass....and outright silly when it comes to Siluca...and Opponents she is interested in....and here are Moreno and RASIK/Lasyyk ARE HERE!!!! Personally like these 2...interesting Lord and Mage....and good Allies on Theos side...

Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Jan 13, 2018 11:43 AM
Mar 2016
WTF Aishela finds romance that easily and boy she's quite a sadist.
Jan 13, 2018 11:44 AM

Nov 2009
Well this episode was a massive improvement over the first which was as bland/generic as possible.
Jan 13, 2018 12:09 PM

Oct 2011
Seriously it's too rushed. They skipped too many scenes and changed a lot of them:

1. They could have shown Theo seeing Siluca and the cat talking which in return makes her embarassed, but in the end Theo gets to know her better and her objectives. (CHARACTER GROWTH AXED)
2. Not going to villagers - so next episode we will see villagers coming to aid Theo in the huge upcoming battle? Really? They began to love their lord to even go and risk their life to the lord which they NEVER MET? (anime only) since in manga it is at least shown and you can understand their reasons to aiding him. (villagers come to love their lord + Theo's character growth AXED)
3. Battle itself was changed. In manga Siluca said TO NOT KILL ANYONE, anime made it KILL EVERYONE. Which already made it shit adaptation since Aishela and Irvin are OP and if they are allowed to kill VICTORY is 100% guaranteed for their side, but because in manga Siluca said not to kill THEY STRUGGLED HARD against their opponents. (CRITICAL CHANGE to story and outcome to battle)
4. During Siluca Moreno fight, Moreno blamed Siluca that because of her, Theo will die, because she is far too arrogant and thinks everything will always go her way, which in return makes her feel guilty about it that she put Theo in such situation which he never even thought to be in. (CHARACTER GROWTH ONCE AGAIN AXED)
5. Siluca vs Moreno fight. They axed the part of Siluca being defeated which is why Theo came to her aid. In anime he came because "he can see which side is winning". Of course it's his side which was winning... since both evil seal users ARE ALLOWED TO KILL, so he coming to aid was pointless... (Theo's reason to come aid her AXED)

I can't even bring myself to like where this anime is going, even if I like the story and characters. It's simply too painfull to see an anime which has potential to be good ruined like that, because some morons decided to rush it. If it's 24 episodes why rush it!? How can anime be good if you ruin characters personalities, axe their growth, world building etc. just for the sake of "action".
Jan 13, 2018 12:20 PM

Dec 2011
I don't understand why Siluca and the new lord want to join Theo.
No explication why.

Someone who read manga/LN can tell me if there a reason behind their decision ?
Jan 13, 2018 12:30 PM

Oct 2011
Raikiri29 said:
I don't understand why Siluca and the new lord want to join Theo.
No explication why.

Someone who read manga/LN can tell me if there a reason behind their decision ?

Siluca wants to use Theo just for her own gains, and not to be pledged to the lewd lord to who she was going to in episode 1.
New lord aka Lassic because he sees it as the "fastest route" to reach his ambition and he thinks that such a way is to become Theo's ally.
Jan 13, 2018 1:08 PM

Aug 2015
Daniel_Naumov said:

U jealous someone can spread the love while u can't? That's is some nasty envy here.

Kisses are very intimate, this is how I am, I can't accept something like that. I find it boring and unnecessary. If the boy had died, it would be interesting.
Jan 13, 2018 2:00 PM

Sep 2010
Why are they skipping all the cute Shiruka moments from the manga wtf.

Chapter 3 of the Manga that they adapted cut some stuff :<
Jan 13, 2018 2:28 PM
Jul 2018
Cat girl is such a hot, strong chick. Too bad her sadistic trait scares me off.

Real breath of fresh air episode. Miles better than the messed up first one. But one thing I didn't like was that Lord Lassic swore alliance with Theo right away just like that. No doubts, no hesitation? *sigh* It's Arslan Senki all over again.
Jan 13, 2018 5:22 PM

Nov 2014
At this rate Theo is going to end up as the god of this world by the end of the show and without barely lifting a finger, he's just that charismatic apparently.
Forum Signature
Jan 13, 2018 6:47 PM

May 2011
I enjoyed most of the episode.

BUT... that whole "I Surrender" part just really threw me. The Blond Lord had no problems having half of his army fight to their deaths. But his prick of a mage gets himself captured, and he quits on the spot??!?!?!

Then he's like, i didn't want to be a powerful leader anyways. WTF?!?!

That was a big derp plot move right there.

At least the MC Theo isn't a total wuss and comes to fight battles when he sees a strategic motive. his back story is bland. But at least it isn't filled with "i'm weak, pathetic" lame shit.
Jan 14, 2018 12:05 AM

Jul 2016
way better than the first episode, though I can't still find myself invested
I like the new characters, adorable lord cat and the new girl Aishela looks like a one man army,plus she's a beauty. Wow that kiss choking.
Jan 14, 2018 12:14 AM

May 2014
Siluca: Black Mage / Time Mage
Theo: Warrior
Aishela: Dark Knight / Berserker (with Dragoon's Jump skill)
Irvin: Ninja
Lassic: ¿Paladin?
Moreno: Red Mage

Kinda interesting episode, the plot is some rushed but still is understable... but the way Lassic surrendered was some forced. I have the feeling Siluca is planning something big, and I want to find out what is it. Theo still remains as a very boring and dull character only for be used by Siluca, although his fight scene was good. I hope he gets some relevance later... and a personality.

Btw. Aishela is waifu material, but for now I'm still going for Siluca.
Jan 14, 2018 12:25 AM

Oct 2010
Too rushed. Skipped a whole bunch of stuffs.
Jan 14, 2018 1:24 AM

Jun 2016
So, Siluca decided to follow that used-to-be-an-ordinary-guy-now-a-lord because of his goal? Alright, seems legit.

Love those new characters who are the new subordinates of Theo. Haha. They're likable.

Ohmygod, Aishelaaaaaa! Found my best girl out of this show. Yaaas. Hahaha. <3

Slowly getting invested in this show and, yeah, Aishela made this show better. Hihi.

4/5. :D

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Jan 14, 2018 1:55 AM

Nov 2009
Hey, this was better than the first episode! Not only we got to know some of Siluca's true intentions and saw her more vulnerable sides, but Theo even very slow starts to turn his blandness into some pretty respectable character, giving small hints of the ability to become that hero of justice that Siuica seeks. Oh, and the villain being voiced by Sakurai is also a nice bonus.

All in all, my opinion of this show has improved.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Jan 14, 2018 2:01 AM

Mar 2016
AHHH FUCK, first Shoukoku no Altair, then this anime, why the hell are they adapting this anime without being loyal to the source material. I have a big hope to the Director of this show who's also the director of Rakugo.

They've removed a lot of things in the story.

Another flop anime with decent material, yet they were faithful to shitty materials like Ero-Manga Sensei... fucking bullshit.
Jan 14, 2018 4:11 AM

Jul 2015
Well the new girl is fun, and I like the cat. This whole thing is kind of giving me a Fire Emblem feel... a bootleg fire emblem feel... What I find interesting about this anime is how weak people seem to be, it's like some of them have the stamina of actual humans, and a lot of the fighting just seems so... human... I actually kind of like it.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Jan 14, 2018 7:39 AM

Jan 2011
the surrender is too easy, the submitting is even crazier

Jan 14, 2018 8:30 AM
Jan 2018
klaymore said:
the surrender is too easy, the submitting is even crazier

It was foreshadowed, the enemy lord risked all his treasury on a pathetic excuse of an army(5 WHOLE mercenaries) and had his mage captured, there was no point for him to fight against 2 evil seals users and given his treasury he couldn't exactly afford to retreat either.

Submitting is not that bad, it doesn't look like the fight had actual casualties, plus it isn't too weird in a feudal settings for web of alliances to switch quickly.

So on that front it's not unrealistic, though still IMO it's way too rushed nonetheless.
Jan 14, 2018 10:13 AM

Apr 2014
Grancrest Senki episode 2 was fantastic. The battle scene was fair/balanced, the addition of new cast members are a +. With diverse personalities it will make for a fun time. This follows the Lodoss tropes well. Having watched the previous series I am excited to see whats to come
Jan 14, 2018 11:29 PM

Jan 2011
this was decent like the new dragoon/Valkyrie girl ,and balagry is cute me hoping he was cait sith then she actually said he'll be the king of them one day made me quite happy.

though some of those poor men died for nothing but the end of the battle had me questioning it like that's it? okay then he surrendered so easily not like it was a bad idea felt funny how quick he was to join is all.
Jan 15, 2018 4:34 AM

Apr 2009
Raisken said:
Seriously it's too rushed. They skipped too many scenes and changed a lot of them:

1. They could have shown Theo seeing Siluca and the cat talking which in return makes her embarassed, but in the end Theo gets to know her better and her objectives. (CHARACTER GROWTH AXED)
2. Not going to villagers - so next episode we will see villagers coming to aid Theo in the huge upcoming battle? Really? They began to love their lord to even go and risk their life to the lord which they NEVER MET? (anime only) since in manga it is at least shown and you can understand their reasons to aiding him. (villagers come to love their lord + Theo's character growth AXED)
3. Battle itself was changed. In manga Siluca said TO NOT KILL ANYONE, anime made it KILL EVERYONE. Which already made it shit adaptation since Aishela and Irvin are OP and if they are allowed to kill VICTORY is 100% guaranteed for their side, but because in manga Siluca said not to kill THEY STRUGGLED HARD against their opponents. (CRITICAL CHANGE to story and outcome to battle)
4. During Siluca Moreno fight, Moreno blamed Siluca that because of her, Theo will die, because she is far too arrogant and thinks everything will always go her way, which in return makes her feel guilty about it that she put Theo in such situation which he never even thought to be in. (CHARACTER GROWTH ONCE AGAIN AXED)
5. Siluca vs Moreno fight. They axed the part of Siluca being defeated which is why Theo came to her aid. In anime he came because "he can see which side is winning". Of course it's his side which was winning... since both evil seal users ARE ALLOWED TO KILL, so he coming to aid was pointless... (Theo's reason to come aid her AXED)

I can't even bring myself to like where this anime is going, even if I like the story and characters. It's simply too painfull to see an anime which has potential to be good ruined like that, because some morons decided to rush it. If it's 24 episodes why rush it!? How can anime be good if you ruin characters personalities, axe their growth, world building etc. just for the sake of "action".

Thanks for clarity on this. I haven't read the source material yet thought something was off in some of these scenes.
Jan 15, 2018 10:00 AM
Dec 2017
Had some expectations in the anime but I guess I set my standards too high. The pacing is too slow but yet rushed? It’s very weird. I wish they could’ve gone a bit more about the world building and the mage/lord/crest rule. Would have make it more interesting if the motive are actually properly established before diving straight into the action. I did not find the casts likeable at all. Their personalities felt forced and fake. And with how things are going, it does seem like the characters will be OP and will go through little to no struggle. Two episodes in and I find the show is very boring so I’m gonna drop it.
Jan 15, 2018 4:49 PM
Jul 2017
This is not a very good anime. But if expectations are low (very low) it might be kind of fun.

(although... if your mage is your 'center of gravity', why send him off to fight by himself? nvm....)
...but then again, I unironically like Warau Salesman.
Jan 15, 2018 10:11 PM

Jun 2013
I want to have a noble talking cat lol
Jan 16, 2018 1:40 AM

Oct 2008
Nice ED by ASCA!
I ship Aishela with that foot soldier that she kissed and strangled! lolz!
another new ally David Lassic okay i guess...
3/5.

Jan 16, 2018 8:14 AM
Mar 2012
Crest collecting feels like usual game anime or granblu etc.
Aishela is loco, but hers and Black Jack vs archer were smooth action.
Is that Kratos with Xmen Colossus ability?
So mc's happy being a puppet.
oh cute cat king
Jan 16, 2018 11:39 AM
Dec 2016
The episode was enjoyable, however, the pacing of is just too fast, I hope they slow it down a bit.
Theo just feels like a useless op right now and comparing it to Arslan Senki the combat just feels lacking.
Theo's levelling up feels rushed, but it does feel the same way your character would level up for the first five levels or so in a video game. I hope levelling up in the future episodes won't be as easy as it right now.
The new girl is ........... interesting. The markings (or tattoos) she had felt similar to the curse marks in Naruto. It'd be interesting to know more about them and the political affairs surrounding the world.
Btw does Theo get to fight the demon (the one that interrupted the wedding ceremony) in the first episode too? That'd be something to look forward to
Jan 16, 2018 7:23 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Much improved over the first episode. It's still moving pretty fast though.

I'm really starting to like the idea of conquering the land piece by piece. I'm really hoping they delve into some real strategy and that it will make us think. Sort of like Fire Emblem.

Love the new girl. She's incredibly sexy. It's too bad she's the cliched type that hates the MC for no good reason.
Jan 17, 2018 10:15 PM
Jun 2016
thought this anime gnna be like all of those other Senki's but so far so good, this episode made me like it more so i'm hoping for a 24 episode maybe?
Jan 19, 2018 4:10 AM

May 2010
Now that was fast-paced but I liked it.
Still liking the game-ish feel. And the ED is -thumbs up-

And reading some comment, I guess the source is the good one and it's the adaptation which is causing some problems. Sighs. Oh well.
Jan 19, 2018 10:39 AM

Jul 2014
Better than the first episode, but the pace still feels weird. :/

Raisken said:

HalAnime said:
Why are they skipping all the cute Shiruka moments from the manga wtf.

Chapter 3 of the Manga that they adapted cut some stuff :<

Well, that makes things clear. Too bad, I was interested in this series.
Jan 20, 2018 7:15 PM

Feb 2013
Siluca has friends? LOL

Laughed when that fighter girl kissed that dude.
Jan 23, 2018 3:13 AM
Nov 2017
I'm just wondering what's gonna happen with that guy, they showed in the end?
Jan 24, 2018 7:50 PM

Jan 2013
If this will continue like this he will conquer the whole world in less than 12 episodes xD Jokes aside, another good episode.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jan 26, 2018 4:49 PM

Jan 2013
Yeah, this was better than the first episode. Hope it stays this way
Jan 27, 2018 12:39 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
After rewatching the episode, it was horrible, the fight was poor!!!
Only the new characters were the best!!!
Jan 27, 2018 1:20 PM

Mar 2012
Lack of any attempt at setup hurts this series a lot. A generic opening wouldn't necessarily sink a series because there are a lot of directions one could go with in an empire-building plot. But the problem with Grancrest so far is that things just kind of...happen.

For instance, it seems like mages serve as the second hand to the lord. For the most part it seems like a binding, lifelong commitment (until the crest is stripped). For Siluca to commit to Theo so fast on so little information makes very little sense. The notion that Siluca would want to find someone more idealistic makes perfect sense; the speed at which she committed doesn't.

As another example, it makes sense that David is content with serving under a lord. But there's no indication beforehand that this was something he was thinking about. More importantly, he saw his mage get caught and immediately surrendered with no prior interaction with Theo. This happened literally right after Moreno was like there's no way he'd surrender. Yes, someone who served him thought it would be out of character. I think the audience has every right to feel the same.

Anyway, this isn't horrible. But if they only spent a little more time on details and setup it would be very nice.
Feb 1, 2018 11:06 AM

Aug 2017
A bit better than the first episode but the ending is very bad. I mean, why do you surrender? People died there, tell me why??! 2/5
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 19, 2018 8:38 PM

Nov 2012
Dropped. I may check out the manga though - I get the vibe this might just be a garbage adaptation and not garbage all the way down.
Feb 20, 2018 1:27 PM

Oct 2017
What an improvement from the first episode, even though the end seemed a little "rushed" to say the least. Might check the manga sometime
Oct 8, 2018 11:05 PM

Dec 2012
Cait Sith!
Who is that? She has big armored oppai.
Her name is Aishela.
WTF! Aishela is kissing him! But she's suppose to kiss me!
Dat choke.
Now she wants to be friends with him?
Dat surrender.
Who is that red hair woman? She is fine! Nice oppai.

Nice ED song by ASCA.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
May 22, 2019 12:41 AM

Sep 2012
i in theos place would have answered to the Aishela: i didn't choose her at first she forced herself on me (cause all know what conclusion she would make from that, this sentence is double edged sword perfect for trolling) 😂
Sugram22Aug 1, 2019 9:55 AM
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Grancrest Senki Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2018

489 by DesolatePsyche »»
Mar 26, 1:04 AM

Poll: » Grancrest Senki Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2018

146 by Leniam »»
Feb 27, 6:52 AM

Poll: » Grancrest Senki Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 2, 2018

61 by nick_el_son »»
Feb 24, 1:00 PM

Poll: » Grancrest Senki Episode 22 Discussion

Icedout15 - Oct 25, 2018

5 by phantom346 »»
Feb 3, 8:12 PM

Poll: » Grancrest Senki Episode 24 Discussion

ToG25thBaam - Aug 8, 2018

37 by Princesanatankum »»
Jan 29, 5:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.