Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jan 13, 2018 3:54 PM

Jul 2016
NihilisticLoner said:
I can fantasize of having a sweet and likeable girl (I hate real girls). I especially find it hot when the girl is a powerful supernatural creature.

Rest assured we don't like you either -_-
Jan 13, 2018 4:14 PM

Nov 2008
NihilisticLoner said:

But then all their relationship should amount to, is being really good friends.

And friendship CAN TURN INTO LOVE.

Were you born yesterday? xD

I mean, if people fell in love JUST because they've known each other very well, then they'd have fallen in love with many more people.

Not necessarily. The deaf girl didn't seem like she interacted with that many people to begin with?

What about his personality did she fall for?

Probably because he reached out to her and they spent time together. Also he nearly dies trying to save her...that's probably a big thing too.

You're saying that all it takes for someone to fall in actual love, and not romantic interest, is if that person plays a big role in their life?

Yes, what about this is so hard to buy for you?

They didn't interact much. They didn't know each other for very long. What about their personalities did they like? They didn't have any common interests, hobbies.
MAYBE, romantically interested, yes. But love? I don't buy it.

They risked their LIVES for each other; what other proof do you really need?

If I want to just see characters being cute, I'd watch moe.

*shakes head*

It's a different kind of cute.

Sometimes a character's cutest side doesn't show UNTIL they interact with the person they like/love.

Jan 13, 2018 4:30 PM
Jul 2018
Chiibi said:
And friendship CAN TURN INTO LOVE.

Well yes. But there has to be MORE than just, "spending time" with someone to be romantically interested.

Chiibi said:
Not necessarily. The deaf girl didn't seem like she interacted with that many people to begin with?

I think you're missing what I'm trying to say. This is what I meant by when I said you're arguing with me, but not trying to understand my point of view.
Because what I said: "I mean, if people fell in love JUST because they've known each other very well, then they'd have fallen in love with many more people."
I see happen a lot in many other anime: guy and girl fall in love JUST because they've spent time, as though they have literally never interacted with another member of the opposite sex.
If I fell in love with a girl just because she was friendly to me and we hung out a bit, I'd have fallen for literally every female friend I have ever had in my life.
But yes, otherwise, what you say makes sense, for Tachi.

Chiibi said:
Probably because he reached out to her and they spent time together.

None of that describes the guy's actual personality. You're only describing his actions.

Chiibi said:
Also he nearly dies trying to save her...that's probably a big thing too.

It was heat-of-the-moment: when a human is in danger, naturally, our instincts will implore us to help them at the heat of the moment, whether it be calling 911, pushing them out of the way from a truck, or even jumping out to catch them from falling.
Even an asshole would do that.

Chiibi said:
Yes, what about this is so hard to buy for you?

I am:

-Unsympathetic to a lot of peoples' problems
-Judgemental
-Stoic
-Distrusting
-And I have a cynical view of humanity

It should be clear by now that the only room I have in my soul are mai waifus.

Chiibi said:
They risked their LIVES for each other; what other proof do you really need?

That doesn't answer any of my questions. Also, they were in a f*cking war, of course they're gonna be risking their lives for other people.

Chiibi said:
It's a different kind of cute.

Well, then it's a kind of cute that I feel is obnoxious.

Chiibi said:
Sometimes a character's cutest side doesn't show UNTIL they interact with the person they like/love.

Which is why I f*cking hate tsunderes and actual girls: they're like wolves.
Jan 13, 2018 4:59 PM

Nov 2008
NihilisticLoner said:

Well yes. But there has to be MORE than just, "spending time" with someone to be romantically interested.

Compatibility? Chemistry? Because they are attracted to each other? Take your pick.

I see happen a lot in many other anime: guy and girl fall in love JUST because they've spent time, as though they have literally never interacted with another member of the opposite sex.

You aren't going to fall in love with EVERY person you interact with; you need the things I mentioned above.

None of that describes the guy's actual personality. You're only describing his actions.

Um so? People can't fall in love with others' actions? The way we act defines who we are.

Even an asshole would do that.

I have a hard time believing that.....especially nowadays where there is so little respect for human life, it's terrifying.

That doesn't answer any of my questions. Also, they were in a f*cking war, of course they're gonna be risking their lives for other people.

Except Ashitaka was the ONLY human San cared about. She hated them before she met him.

Well, then it's a kind of cute that I feel is obnoxious.

Then that is YOUR problem. lol. It's meant to be adorable. What's "obnoxious" about it?

Which is why I f*cking hate tsunderes and actual girls: they're like wolves.

Tsundere are more like cats, really. Wolves are dogs and dogs are always loyal and honest creatures. I like tsundere characters a lot....but I'm much more of a dog person than a cat person.

Jan 13, 2018 5:07 PM

Jul 2017
We like Romance because we're lonely, socially awkward, and want to self-insert :((((((((((

GFL NA: 151141 | FGO NA: 622,135,030
FGO JP: 028,976,814 | Magia Record JP: rzMsBapp

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Jan 13, 2018 5:09 PM

Nov 2008
lazypigz said:
We like Romance because we're lonely, socially awkward, and want to self-insert :((((((((((

Speak for yourself. >:/
................................................................................................................................

Jan 13, 2018 5:10 PM
Aug 2010
Because I know love doesn't exist in real life so I want to enjoy some fiction about it.
Jan 13, 2018 5:12 PM

Jul 2017
Chiibi said:
lazypigz said:

Speak for yourself. >:/
................................................................................................................................
Itachi_0893 said:
Because I know love doesn't exist in real life so I want to enjoy some fiction about it.

@Chiibi im not the only one hahaha

anime is trash and so am i so ill never get to experience real love

GFL NA: 151141 | FGO NA: 622,135,030
FGO JP: 028,976,814 | Magia Record JP: rzMsBapp

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Jan 13, 2018 5:55 PM

Nov 2008
lazypigz said:

anime is trash and so am i

It's really quite sad every time I see someone post this. Animation has so many wonderful things to offer; calling it "trash" is just wrong on so many levels.

As for your own self-worth............well, only you can fix that. :/

Jan 13, 2018 6:00 PM

Dec 2014
Cause I'm lonely, what other reason is out there?
Jan 13, 2018 6:18 PM

Feb 2015
Seriously, I don't like romance anime; it's just that I tend to pick up isekai series.
Jan 13, 2018 6:33 PM

Jul 2013
Why do you like romance anime?

Answer: It's not something you can get in real life :)
Jan 13, 2018 10:17 PM
Jul 2018
Chiibi said:
Compatibility? Chemistry? Because they are attracted to each other? Take your pick.

Yeah. What was it about each other they were attracted to? They didn't have chemistry, because the few times they interacted, it was more like co-workers, and in all their interactions, they were bitching at each other like cats.

Chiibi said:
You aren't going to fall in love with EVERY person you interact with; you need the things I mentioned above.

Except that nearly all of the romance anime I've seen does this.

Chiibi said:
Um so? People can't fall in love with others' actions? The way we act defines who we are.

Well then, what did the guy's action, in the heat of the moment, define him as?
If someone will fall in love with someone for saving their life, why don't police, therapists, fire fighters, surgeons, and doctors have harems?

Chiibi said:
I have a hard time believing that.....especially nowadays where there is so little respect for human life, it's terrifying.

If the level of sympathy the average human possessed was so low, as to not save someone in an emergency, we'd be in anarchy.

Chiibi said:
Except Ashitaka was the ONLY human San cared about. She hated them before she met him.

Okay. That makes sense.

Chiibi said:
Then that is YOUR problem. lol.

Of course it's my problem. I'm not trying to write a critical thesis.

Chiibi said:
It's meant to be adorable. What's "obnoxious" about it?

I literally made a list of negative personality traits I possess. I think that list, along with my username, should've told you by now what kind of person I am.

Chiibi said:
Tsundere are more like cats, really.

Cats are cold towards beings they're not familiar with, but perfect towards the ones they care about.
Wolves are much more rational, and open-minded.

Okay, I don't think I've made my problem with romance anime clear, so I'll rephrase it this way:
The confession scenes, the, "I love you" scenes, come too early, to actually be true.
Jan 13, 2018 10:42 PM

Nov 2008
NihilisticLoner said:

Yeah. What was it about each other they were attracted to? They didn't have chemistry,

I thought they had chemistry so we'll just have to disagree. :/

Except that nearly all of the romance anime I've seen does this.

That's because you keep watching harem and magical girlfriend shows. Those aren't good genres to choose from.

Well then, what did the guy's action, in the heat of the moment, define him as?

Uh a hero in her eyes, I guess.

If someone will fall in love with someone for saving their life, why don't police, therapists, fire fighters, surgeons, and doctors have harems?

1. Harems are immoral in many cultures so harems are rare to come by as it is.
2. HAHAHA HOW DO YOU KNOW THEY DON'T? :D

I literally made a list of negative personality traits I possess. I think that list, along with my username, should've told you by now what kind of person I am.

It doesn't really add up why you would find teens crushing on other teens "obnoxious" when it's portrayed as anything but.

Cats are cold towards beings they're not familiar with, but perfect towards the ones they care about.

Very tsundere. :3

The confession scenes, the, "I love you" scenes, come too early, to actually be true.

Love is different for each individual person. What it means to someone else could be entirely opposite for another. I don't think people can ONLY fall in love after a specific amount of time has passed; what might take only six months for a couple to come to love each other could take another one many years.

But humans CONSTANTLY toss the word 'love' around even in real life; don't you think it could be a reflection of that? I'm sure teenagers mistake lust or infatuation for "love" all the freaking time because they lack the experience to differentiate.

Japanese is tricky too; being in a foreign language doesn't really do anime that many favors when it comes to 'love' 'like' 'platonic love' or 'romantic love'.

In most cases, a love confession is "suki (da) (da yo) (da mon)" "Suki" can be translated to "like" AND "love". It's up to the translator to figure out which is more appropriate. Sometimes using "like" doesn't have a strong enough feeling.

"Aishiteru" on the other hand is something you would say at your wedding to your partner. It's like serious, 'I'm not kidding around; I want to spend my life with you' type of love. Like the kind you're talking about that 'takes a lot of time and is very deep'. And I do not hear this very often in anime outside of shoujo where they're either about to get married or HAVE known each other for a really long time and/or have gone through lots of trials and tribulations.

"Koishiteru" is being in love/ crushing on someone. A girl will describe her crush on a boy like this to her friends. It's sexual attraction, basically. Anime loves to make the pun when a character says "koi", you see a fish jump out of a pond. This is because "koi" is also a type of fish. xD

Maybe this language barrier will clear things up for you.

Jan 13, 2018 10:54 PM
Jul 2018
Ppl that have shitty history with romance and want to either see how they should act with a girl (sometimes guy) so they would fall in love with them (they watch the ones that contains “hormonal urges” type of romance anime), or just like seeing how the romance builds (usually its anime that shows almost all life of the mc). The third type just likes to fantasize, and those are the most ppl that watch romance anime.
Jan 13, 2018 10:58 PM
Jul 2018
Chiibi said:
That's because you keep watching harem and magical girlfriend shows. Those aren't good genres to choose from.

But I disagreed with you on even the non harem/magical girl shows that you picked. So I think it's safe for me to assume that those issues I have, are common among most legit romance anime, too.

Chiibi said:
Uh a hero in her eyes, I guess.

So all you have to do to appear as a hero in someone's eyes, is to do something that society expects you to do?

Chiibi said:
1. Harems are immoral in many cultures so harems are rare to come by as it is.

I mean why aren't surgeons surrounded by a bunch of women who have a crush on them.

Chiibi said:
It doesn't really add up why you would find teens crushing on other teens "obnoxious" when it's portrayed as anything but.

It's impossible to mechanically determine how someone will feel about something, like they're a robot.
If I feel like something's obnoxious, it's obnoxious, regardless of how it's made.

Chiibi said:
Very tsundere. :3

Exactly! And that's what pisses me off about them! That's why I love dogs!

Chiibi said:
Love is different for each individual person. What it means to someone else could be entirely opposite for another.

How can there be different means to love? Doesn't love mean to really really really care about someone?

Chiibi said:
I'm sure teenagers mistake lust or infatuation for "love" all the freaking time because they lack the experience to differentiate.

Exactly, that's my problem with teenage romance in anime: all the teenagers mistake infatuation with "love"

Shit. I feel absolutely stupid. I've taken Japanese for 3 years, and I've completely forgotten the language barrier thing.
But a lot of confessions I've seen in anime, they say, "Daisuki" which is the closest word I can think of to "love".

Alright, I've talked shit about romances in all anime, so I'll try to give a positive example to explain my viewpoint better:
Clannad.

The main couples' personalities compliment each other. They spent a long time together helping each other, just hanging out like normal friends. They develop crushes, romantic interests, on each other. Then by After Story, they are seriously in love.
The most natural romance I've seen in anime yet. Clannad doesn't obsess over the, "spark" and, "infatuation" that all other romances I've seen in anime do, the characters aren't constantly blushing like they've never interacted with a member of the opposite sex before.

As f*cked up as it is, I was able to buy the romance in Future Diary.
Jan 13, 2018 11:20 PM
Jul 2018
Someone spoke of Mononoke Hime? I'm here! XD

NihilisticLoner said:

Chiibi said:
Wtf are you talking about? Ashitaka and San CLEARLY have feelings for each other. It's not super-in-your-face because Miyazaki favors subtlety more....but they are definitely a couple.

They didn't interact much. They didn't know each other for very long. What about their personalities did they like? They didn't have any common interests, hobbies.
MAYBE, romantically interested, yes. But love? I don't buy it.

I also absolutely can't see where are you coming from.
It's just a movie, so they can't have hours of interaction with each other. But they do have a lot of intense interaction to the point, where both of them challenge the ideals and mindset of each other and start to question their own.

That goes way, way deeper than the (sorry) nonesense of common interests etc. That's more on the superficial side. You can find some friends for your interests and hobbies too.

Love in general is something different to me.
If someone is able to change you that much and cares so much for you, ofc it's love or could be in some situations for some people.

And I agree with @Chiibi that Miyazaki isn't that "in ya face" with romances. Maybe he was with Spirited Away, but in a good way, because love is a "in ya face"-feeling, if you know what I mean. XD
removed-userJan 13, 2018 11:25 PM
Jan 13, 2018 11:57 PM

Feb 2016
tragedydesu said:
I find cute romance heartwarming
As long as the female lead is not a tsundere ofc
Are you ever going to let that hurt go?
Jan 14, 2018 12:17 AM
Jan 2018
I like it because it makes me feel sooo happy. There's a warmth that blooms in your chest. The sensation is very pleasant. It's especially more warm if one character manages to break down the walls of the other and then they manage to bring out the best in each other even if they argue sometimes. It's realistic.
Jan 14, 2018 12:23 AM
May 2016
For me I just love to see the development between the two characters in a romance. You just wanna see them grow. It just makes you feel good with the happy moments.
Jan 14, 2018 3:05 AM

Jul 2015
OneNaughtyBear said:
tragedydesu said:
I find cute romance heartwarming
As long as the female lead is not a tsundere ofc
Are you ever going to let that hurt go?

no :)
my hate towards tsunderes is eternal
Jan 14, 2018 4:12 AM

Sep 2016
The same reason as liking fantasy anime, I like to see people experience things that I never will.
D:

Check out my article btw (Thanks Shymander!)
Jan 14, 2018 9:31 AM

Jan 2014
It depends. If I'm being honest, the entire genre of romance is declining imo. It's the same thing over and over and they "get together" and everyone praises that. But that doesn't mean it was a romance done well. You could argue that romance is different for everyone, but if it's the same generic tropes then there isn't really a leg to stand on there.

I crave romances that go through the hard times. I don't want anymore of this unoriginal bullshit with an ass-pull fluffy ending that comes out of no where.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Jan 14, 2018 9:41 AM
Jul 2018
Maneki-Mew said:
But they do have a lot of intense interaction to the point, where both of them challenge the ideals and mindset of each other and start to question their own.

When?

Maneki-Mew said:
That goes way, way deeper than the (sorry) nonesense of common interests etc.

It's possible to go through a good bonding experience with anyone. It doesn't matter how much you know someone, if your interests and personalities, are incompatible.
Because after marriage, the couple realizes, "WTF are we supposed to do?"

-Like maybe the husband wants to stay home all day secluded, but the wife wants to go out and socialize.
-Husband is always really moody, wife is always genki.

If they knew their interests were incompatible, then they wouldn't have gotten married to begin with. Because you can't even socialize with someone who doesn't even share any common interests.

Maneki-Mew said:

If someone is able to change you that much and cares so much for you, ofc it's love or could be in some situations for some people.

That's just platonic love. If you're going to "fall in love" with any person whom you shared a, "deep experience" with, then you'll fall for every close friend, simultaneously.
Jan 14, 2018 9:46 AM

Jul 2016
Depends, i'll watch it but i usually don't tend to over enjoy it
Jan 14, 2018 9:56 AM

Aug 2017
It makes me feel happy watching a couple I like the pairing of get together, it gives me hope and a blueprint for what my romance life should be like.

Problem is fictional characters build hold relationships that don't work in the real world.

That's why I've never had a girlfriend. [ :<
Jan 14, 2018 10:17 AM

Nov 2008
NihilisticLoner said:

But I disagreed with you on even the non harem/magical girl shows that you picked.

Um you only disagreed about the movies; you said you didn't even see the shows.

So I think it's safe for me to assume that those issues I have, are common among most legit romance anime, too.

That's a retarded thing to assume.

So all you have to do to appear as a hero in someone's eyes, is to do something that society expects you to do?

Since when does "society" "expect" us to nearly KILL ourselves, saving another person?
Helping someone out is one thing but the character did something so extreme that it almost killed him. Sacrificing your own life to keep someone safe is a whole different story.

I mean why aren't surgeons surrounded by a bunch of women who have a crush on them.

Lol like I said, how do you know they aren't? Besides, surgeons are not teenagers. Almost every harem protagonist IS too young to have a profession like that.

It's impossible to mechanically determine how someone will feel about something, like they're a robot.

The majority of people who watched Tsuzure Children found it "cute". It's not out of the question to think a random person like yourself felt the same.

Doesn't love mean to really really really care about someone?

Probably in vague terms.

Exactly, that's my problem with teenage romance in anime: all the teenagers mistake infatuation with "love"

I don't really see why you let this be a problem....I mean, who really cares? lol They never break up anyway; so it must turn into the real thing somewhere along the way.

But a lot of confessions I've seen in anime, they say, "Daisuki" which is the closest word I can think of to "love".

It isn't for the type of "love" you're talking about. It's "Aishiteru". I mean, kids say "daisuki" to their mom and dad or even if they're talking about their favorite food.

The main couples' personalities compliment each other. They spent a long time together helping each other, just hanging out like normal friends. They develop crushes, romantic interests, on each other. Then by After Story, they are seriously in love.
The most natural romance I've seen in anime yet. Clannad doesn't obsess over the, "spark" and, "infatuation" that all other romances I've seen in anime do, the characters aren't constantly blushing like they've never interacted with a member of the opposite sex before.

Well the "spark" stage is actually the most fun to write about and draw because blushing is cute and you have all that unresolved sexual tension. Because the main demographic of anime is teenagers and older preteens, the creators know they would relate to this better than a long-established couple who are totally comfortable around each other like they've been married for years.

That's just platonic love. If you're going to "fall in love" with any person whom you shared a, "deep experience" with, then you'll fall for every close friend, simultaneously.

I disagree. I don't know why that couldn't be romantic love instead of platonic. And you don't have to share "deep experiences" with a friend to make you close to them either.
ChiibiJan 14, 2018 10:21 AM

Jan 14, 2018 10:39 AM
Jul 2018
Chiibi said:
Um you only disagreed about the movies; you said you didn't even see the shows.

Sorry, I meant movies.

Chiibi said:
That's a retarded thing to assume.

I've seen romantic relationships in plenty of non magical girl/harems.

Chiibi said:
Since when does "society" "expect" us to nearly KILL ourselves, saving another person?

Not society, but our instincts. If we see someone in front of us in danger, our first instinct is to jump in to save them, because we possess sympathy, and it's heat-of-the-moment, meaning we're not thinking properly.

Chiibi said:
Lol like I said, how do you know they aren't?

Because I think I would've known if that was true.

Chiibi said:
The majority of people who watched Tsuzure Children found it "cute". It's not out of the question to think a random person like yourself felt the same.

You're not me. You don't even know me. How can you possibly know, how I feel about something?

Chiibi said:
Probably in vague terms.

In non-vague terms?

Chiibi said:
I don't really see why you let this be a problem....I mean, who really cares? lol They never break up anyway; so it must turn into the real thing somewhere along the way.

And that's my problem: other than Clannad After Story, I haven't seen any anime that explores the "real thing".
The romantic relationships are always stuck in the beginning stage, but the characters confuse that beginning stage with the later stage, and they're never criticized for it!

Chiibi said:
It isn't for the type of "love" you're talking about. It's "Aishiteru". I mean, kids say "daisuki" to their mom and dad or even if they're talking about their favorite food.

Okay, I'm just going to stop arguing about what characters say, and instead focus on how they feel, because you're completely right.

Chiibi said:
Well the "spark" stage is actually the most fun to write about and draw because blushing is cute and you have all that unresolved sexual tension. Because the main demographic of anime is teenagers and older preteens, the creators know they would relate to this better than a long-established couple who are totally comfortable around each other like they've been married for years.

I find that stage f*cking annoying, but unfortunately, it makes sense why it's popular.

Chiibi said:
I disagree. I don't know why that couldn't be romantic love instead of platonic. And you don't have to share "deep experiences" with a friend to make you close to them either.

Shouldn't a, "deep experience" act as the beginning of romantic interest rather than love? Like the, "trigger instead of the, bullet, if that makes sense?
Like, say, guy and girl fight their way through a jungle + girl is hot = guy is interested in her.
They spend time, learn stuff they have in common, and now guy is legitly in love with girl, instead of just having a stupid crush.
I mean I've had plenty of crushes in the past (including a lesbian...), so I think I know this stuff pretty well.
Jan 14, 2018 10:51 AM

Nov 2008
NihilisticLoner said:
I've seen romantic relationships in plenty of non magical girl/harems.

You want to name some then?

Not society, but our instincts. If we see someone in front of us in danger, our first instinct is to jump in to save them, because we possess sympathy, and it's heat-of-the-moment, meaning we're not thinking properly.

Uh do you have any proof of this?
If I saw someone in danger, my first thought would be to call 911. lol

Because I think I would've known if that was true.

You personally know a lot of surgeons, then, do you?

You're not me. You don't even know me. How can you possibly know, how I feel about something?

The majority of people who watched Tsuzure Children found it "cute".

It's not rocket science.

the characters confuse that beginning stage with the later stage, and they're never criticized for it!

And why SHOULD they be?

I find that stage f*cking annoying

Why? o___O

Shouldn't a, "deep experience" act as the beginning of romantic interest rather than love?

I don't see why. The beginning of romantic interest is normally for more shallow reasons so they can save dramatic stuff like 'life-changing experience' for later.

Jan 14, 2018 11:15 AM

Aug 2015
tell us op, which one broke your heart

"So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide.
All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."
Jan 14, 2018 11:27 AM
Jul 2018
Why do you like romance anime?

Shrugs.

Because I just do? Why does there have to be this HUGE convoluted answer to the question?

Anyway, it's because they give me a warm/fuzzy feeling as well as a big smile on my face when something cute and/or sweet happens between couples, so...
removed-userJan 14, 2018 3:48 PM
Jan 14, 2018 11:32 AM
Jul 2018
Chiibi said:
You want to name some then?

You can just go through my completed lists.

Chiibi said:
Uh do you have any proof of this?

It's common sense? Not everyone would jump in the way, but many would. I would.

Chiibi said:
You personally know a lot of surgeons, then, do you?

If surgeons had many people in love with them for doing their damn job, I think everyone would've known by now.

Chiibi said:
The majority of people who watched Tsuzure Children found it "cute".

I'm the minority.

Chiibi said:
And why SHOULD they be?

Because great fictional stories criticize their characters for doing stupid things, to teach a lesson.

Chiibi said:
Why? o___O

Because the characters act like morons, and it's done in nearly every anime with any romance in it.

Chiibi said:
I don't see why. The beginning of romantic interest is normally for more shallow reasons so they can save dramatic stuff like 'life-changing experience' for later.

Okay, that makes sense.
Problem is, whenever I see the dramatic stuff happening later on, they're things that are completely contrived, like the guy/girl happening to be the one caught up in their partner's personnel conflict, like saving the world, or parent issues.

The dramatic stuff is never something grounded like, "Should I marry this girl, when she wants to grow up and work at McDonald's?" followed by a legit realistic conflict of trying to get the girl to get a real f*cking job.
It's why I loved how in Tsurezure Children, the glasses guy was actually helping the delinquent girl, by teaching her how to study so she can go to university.
At THAT point, it'd make sense why the delinquent girl's feelings for him would evolve beyond something as stupid as a little crush or infatuation.

All couples I've seen in real life, including young ones, are just chill around each other. The couples I see in anime, are never chill, they're constantly freaking out over something. They never get over the, "spark" stage. The unfortunate reality of romance, is that after a year of being married, your sexual attraction ends.

@AdoSama

All of them! Girls are f*cking evil!

@RedKitten13

Nobody ever said you had to give a, "huge", "convoluted" answer. You're being immature.
Jan 14, 2018 11:56 AM

Nov 2008

You can just go through my completed lists.

Ffff how lazy ARE you? :/

Not everyone would jump in the way, but many would. I would.

I call bullshit. xD

If surgeons had many people in love with them for doing their damn job, I think everyone would've known by now.

How would they know? You can't predict what goes on behind closed doors.

I'm the minority.

You are bitter and weird. :/

Because great fictional stories criticize their characters for doing stupid things, to teach a lesson.

True but you can't apply that to this.
I don't think anything BAD has come from two main characters in love (or thinking they love) with each other...if you can, you can give some examples.

Because the characters act like morons, and it's done in nearly every anime with any romance in it.

"Morons" like..........how? Because they get shy and flustered and can't spit it out? News flash, THAT IS HOW YOUNG PEOPLE DO ACT in front of their crush. When I was in high school, I had a crush on a boy just because he helped me with a project. Took me a whole f*cking year to tell him. It was ridiculously difficult. I was amazed at how hard it was to just confess "I like you". I couldn't look at him at all. I had to stare at the floor the whole time. I was so embarrassed and shy that tears spilled out. Now every single anime teenager who acts the same way has my sympathy.

Problem is, whenever I see the dramatic stuff happening later on, they're things that are completely contrived, like the guy/girl happening to be the one caught up in their partner's personnel conflict, like saving the world, or parent issues.

How are those things contrived? Particularly parent issues. Helping someone get closer to their family is a wonderful thing to do; it's no wonder strong feelings would result from it.

The dramatic stuff is never something grounded like, "Should I marry this girl, when she wants to grow up and work at McDonald's?" followed by a legit realistic conflict of trying to get the girl to get a real f*cking job.

That kind of thing seems more common in manga; I see "Choose your love or choose your career" pop up a lot in shoujo manga, especially.

The unfortunate reality of romance, is that after a year of being married, your sexual attraction ends.

Lol how do you know if you never got that far yourself? AGAIN, STOP ACTING LIKE ALL HUMANS ARE THE SAME.

Watch, I'm going to ask all my married friends if they agree, and they'll be like "PFFFT NOPE. That guy's an idiot."

Jan 14, 2018 12:16 PM
Jul 2018
Chiibi said:
Ffff how lazy ARE you? :/

VERY lazy. Fine, I'll list some shit that has romance stuff in it, that I consider to suffer from the issues I've listed:

-A lot of the episodes in Natsume's Book of Friends
-Haiyore Nyaruko-San
-Highschool of the Dead
-The World God Only Knows
-Akuma no Riddle
-Angel Beats
-Btooom!
-Durarara!!
-Baccano
-Karin
-Maoyuu Maou Yuusha

Not all, but I think I gave you the basic picture.
I don't really see any difference how a harem/magical girl anime handles romance the way other anime do.

Chiibi said:
I call bullshit. xD

I call you having less sympathy in humanity than even me.

Chiibi said:
How would they know? You can't predict what goes on behind closed doors.

You'd hear it on the news? There'd be surveys conducted? Then everyone would know, because everyone except me loves romance? And then I'd hear a bunch of dudes wanting to be surgeons to be surrounded by women?

Chiibi said:
You are bitter and weird. :/

I think my username and the fact that I've been open about my discomfort of the female human race has made that very clear by now.

Chiibi said:
I don't think anything BAD has come from two main characters in love (or thinking they love) with each other...if you can, you can give some examples.

Because fiction always confuses the beginning stage (crushes) with the later stage (love), it sends a bad message to teens, prompting them to think, "If I get a romantic partner, it will be beautiful and flutter"
Two weeks later they break up, because they find out they can't stand each other, after hanging out for awhile.

Chiibi said:
"Morons" like..........how? Because they get shy and flustered and can't spit it out?

Exactly. I never flustered or was shy around my crushes. I just felt a little upset by the fact that they never paid any attention to me...
Just like all the other girls.
But you know? Who cares. I had my ecchi anime, my softcore porn.

Chiibi said:
When I was in high school, I had a crush on a boy just because he helped me with a project.

Are you SURE, you didn't mistake platonic care for a member of the opposite sex with a crush?

Chiibi said:
Took me a whole f*cking year to tell him.

Are you f*cking kidding me? It took me less than a few months to confess to my crushes.

Chiibi said:
I was so embarrassed and shy that tears spilled out.

Okay, I get that teenagers, especially girls tend to be very emotional (I consider myself to be more firm than a boulder), but come on, you have to be a minority here.

I mean, Jesus, if you cried from not being able to look at your crush, I would've sent you into depression. Back in high school, I was telling girls directly to their faces that I hated girls, and that they were as "attractive as a McDonald's meal". And they didn't cry...
Probably.

Chiibi said:
How are those things contrived? Particularly parent issues. Helping someone get closer to their family is a wonderful thing to do; it's no wonder strong feelings would result from it.

Okay, so maybe not parent issues.
But something like boy and girl being forced to hang out by the plot, because they have to fight demons.

Chiibi said:
That kind of thing seems more common in manga; I see "Choose your love or choose your career" pop up a lot in shoujo manga, especially.

I hate shoujo, so f*ck that option.

Chiibi said:
Lol how do you know if you never got that far yourself? AGAIN, STOP ACTING LIKE ALL HUMANS ARE THE SAME.

My parents told me. And I actually researched this:
http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/life/sexual-desire-often-fades-in-relationships-20150216-13fzgh.html
"These so-called love chemicals can prompt euphoria, increased energy and sexual desire. They are responsible for intense passion and the rose-coloured glasses we see our partners through. Limerence feels good, but unfortunately it has a shelf life lasting from about six months to two or three years. Its decline is gradual."

I mean, think: if couples felt as passionate in the beginning of their relationship, as much as later on, why are there so many divorces?

Chiibi said:
Watch, I'm going to ask all my married friends if they agree, and they'll be like "PFFFT NOPE. That guy's an idiot."

You are surrounding like every girl I imagine in my paranoid mind.
Now I'm more terrified of interacting with females in real life.
Jan 14, 2018 3:24 PM

Nov 2008
NihilisticLoner said:

VERY lazy. Fine, I'll list some shit that has romance stuff in it, that I consider to suffer from the issues I've listed:

-A lot of the episodes in Natsume's Book of Friends

Weird, I didn't think that one had romance in it.

-Haiyore Nyaruko-San

This is ecchi fanservice harem. Bad example.

-Highschool of the Dead

Ecchi fanservice again.

-The World God Only Knows
-Akuma no Riddle

Never watched these.

-Angel Beats

The romance worked just fine, if not a little rushed.

-Durarara!!

We went over this. It's not even a romance show.

-Baccano

Couldn't finish it; it was too boring and jumbled for me.

-Karin

The hell was wrong with Karin and Usui? They were great. It was treated like a high school crush. Though they do get married in the manga.

I don't really see any difference how a harem/magical girl anime handles romance the way other anime do.

Then you are blind.
I already explained the other two are more interested in catering to male fantasies than telling a love story.

I call you having less sympathy in humanity than even me.

"Faith" is the word.

You'd hear it on the news?

That's HILARIOUS. Since when does the new care about peoples' love affairs? They only care if someone gets seriously injured or killed from an affair.

Because fiction always confuses the beginning stage (crushes) with the later stage (love), it sends a bad message to teens, prompting them to think, "If I get a romantic partner, it will be beautiful and flutter"
Two weeks later they break up, because they find out they can't stand each other, after hanging out for awhile.

Do you think teenagers are as gullible as three-year-olds or something?
Who doesn't have faith in humanity NOW? xD
THEY KNOW IT'S A FAIRYTALE. GEEZE.

Exactly. I never flustered or was shy around my crushes.

You're an odd one, all right. :/

Are you SURE, you didn't mistake platonic care for a member of the opposite sex with a crush?

I wanted to kiss him.

Really, that's one of the most idiotic things you've ever asked.

Are you f*cking kidding me?

Nope.
It took me less than a few months to confess to my crushes.

You want a medal for being so brave? lol

but come on, you have to be a minority here.

I dunno. Possibly. Most of the girls acted like sluts. :/

I mean, Jesus, if you cried from not being able to look at your crush, I would've sent you into depression.

This sentence doesn't make sense. :/

And they didn't cry...

They PROBABLY did! We girls are sensitive creatures but we can hide our emotions when we need to.

I hate shoujo, so f*ck that option.

Natsume's Book of Friends is shoujo, you bloody idiot. lol

But I bet you haven't even watched FIVE shoujo series. They are best when it comes to showing what it means to love someone.

I mean, think: if couples felt as passionate in the beginning of their relationship, as much as later on, why are there so many divorces?

Actually financial issues is the main reason people divorce.

You are surrounding like every girl I imagine in my paranoid mind.
Now I'm more terrified of interacting with females in real life.

Lol so you get scared whenever a girl points out you might be wrong in an argument?
Good luck in the REAL world, kiddo. :/

Jan 14, 2018 3:39 PM

Apr 2014
depends.
I love reading yaoi romance because it makes me feel very intense, i dont know how to explain it makes me wanna scream idk.
I enjoy wathcing animey romance [straight stuff] cus its relaxing. i consider most romance animes slice of life and i luv slice of life cus its calming.
I like reading/watching yuri romance becus i find it hot af.
Jan 14, 2018 3:41 PM
Jul 2018
Chiibi said:
The hell was wrong with Karin and Usui? They were great. It was treated like a high school crush. Though they do get married in the manga.

They don't argue. There's nothing about their personalities that should make them attracted to each other. They don't share any hobbies, have normal conversations about stuff like school, entertainment, or anything like that.

Chiibi said:
I already explained the other two are more interested in catering to male fantasies than telling a love story.

That is true. But from my experience, even though harem/magical-girl anime focus more on catering, they only suffer a little more of the problems I have with romance.

Chiibi said:
"Faith" is the word.

Yeah, I was thinking of that.

Chiibi said:
That's HILARIOUS. Since when does the new care about peoples' love affairs? They only care if someone gets seriously injured or killed from an affair.

Maybe not necessarily on the news, but it'd start as rumors, then there'd be suveys, then more rumors.
I can't find any articles online that prove this theory could be true.

Chiibi said:
ind out they can't stand each other, after hanging out for awhile.

Do you think teenagers are as gullible as three-year-olds or something?[/quote]

*8 year olds. On drugs.

Chiibi said:
I wanted to kiss him.

That's perfectly normal. We all have our sexual fantasies. Hell, I want to do way lewder stuff when I saw the girls at my high school. Never got a crush because of that.

Chiibi said:
Really, that's one of the most idiotic things you've ever asked.

I'm kind of known as an idiot in real life too.

Chiibi said:
You want a medal for being so brave? lol

I want a medal for getting emotional about actually important things in life: like my grades, career, not being a dick to my family.
I've never cried over a girl in my entire life. If anything, I laugh about that miserable part of my life to everyone, including people on MAL.

Chiibi said:
I dunno. Possibly. Most of the girls acted like sluts. :/

Whenever I see an attractive teenage girl, I assume by default that there's a high chance that she's a slut. Usually it's a thot.
Not to say anything against you, of course.

Chiibi said:
This sentence doesn't make sense. :/

I'm saying that it's a good thing we weren't classmates in high school, because I'd probably make you cry, because I was mean to girls back then.

Chiibi said:
They PROBABLY did! We girls are sensitive creatures but we can hide our emotions when we need to.

Oh come on, that can't be true.
Women have been abused phsycially, mentally, sexually, for thousands of years, treated worse than shit (literally). As those very womens' descendants, girls should be mental juggernauts.
Besides, it's girls who emotionally scar boys, like me.

Chiibi said:
Natsume's Book of Friends is shoujo, you bloody idiot. lol

There may be exceptions.

Chiibi said:
But I bet you haven't even watched FIVE shoujo series. They are best when it comes to showing what it means to love someone.

If shoujo series could stop having obnoxiously gay character designs, and have more plot beside dumb teenage romance melodrama, I might consider it.

Chiibi said:
Actually financial issues is the main reason people divorce.

Why didn't you respond to the article I posted?
I seem to hear almost every day of relationships ending because of abuse.

Chiibi said:
Lol so you get scared whenever a girl points out you might be wrong in an argument?
Good luck in the REAL world, kiddo. :/

No, I get scared, at the thought, of a girl talking about me behind my back, and then getting other people to bully me.
At least with us guys, if we have a grudge against someone, we just punch them once, and it's over.
"Hell hath no fury on a woman's scorn". A girl will do everything in her power to scar her enemy emotionally and mentally for life.

@RedKitten13

"Because I just do? Why does there have to be this HUGE convoluted answer to the question?"
That out-of-nowhere condescending behavior is one that is much more aligned with how a child would behave.
removed-userJan 14, 2018 4:01 PM
Jan 14, 2018 4:05 PM

Nov 2008

They don't argue. There's nothing about their personalities that should make them attracted to each other. They don't share any hobbies, have normal conversations about stuff like school, entertainment, or anything like that.

It's been a long time since I watched it but I don't recall asking "Why do they like each other?" Which means the show sold it for me, personally.

That is true. But from my experience, even though harem/magical-girl anime focus more on catering, they only suffer a little more of the problems I have with romance.

Seriously though, go watch KareKano or Toradora (better yet BOTH) and get back to me. >_>

Chiibi said:
"Faith" is the word.

Yeah, I was thinking of that.

I can't find any articles online that prove this theory could be true.

Bet you can't find any that would prove it false. :'D

*8 year olds. On drugs.

That is the parents' fault, not the damn anime's. :/ Anyway, I never believed that a romance like a Disney movie would find me and everything in my life would suddenly turn wonderful.

Or perhaps I was smarter than the average preteen....who knows.

That's perfectly normal. We all have our sexual fantasies. Hell, I want to do way lewder stuff when I saw the girls at my high school. Never got a crush because of that.

What? You're saying there's a DIFFERENCE between a "crush" and being sexually attracted to somebody?

Lol what the hell is that? I always thought they were the same.

I've never cried over a girl in my entire life. If anything, I laugh about that miserable part of my life to everyone, including people on MAL.

I think girls cry more than guys do but guys DO cry over girls. I've seen it.

Whenever I see an attractive teenage girl, I assume by default that there's a high chance that she's a slut.

That's terrible! >:/

I'm saying that it's a good thing we weren't classmates in high school, because I'd probably make you cry, because I was mean to girls back then.

Lol if I think about it, my own gender made me cry a lot more. xD I agree with you about one thing: Girls can be terrible.

Oh come on, that can't be true.

Dude, we are still human beings with feelings. :/

Women have been abused phsycially, mentally, sexually, for thousands of years, treated worse than shit (literally). As those very womens' descendants, girls should be mental juggernauts.

Um..........do you think we gain ALL the memories and experiences our ancestors went through as soon as we're born!? We're not reincarnations of them.

Besides, it's girls who emotionally scar boys, like me.

Oh pleeeeeeease. Girls are just as much victims as boys. We are all people. People are not invincible to pain.

If shoujo series could stop having obnoxiously gay character designs, and have more plot beside dumb teenage romance melodrama, I might consider it.

THERE ARE SO MANY THAT FIT THAT CRITERIA !!!!!!!!!!!! AUGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Why didn't you respond to the article I posted?

I don't wanna read your articles. >:/

No, I get scared, at the thought, of a girl talking about me behind my back, and then getting other people to bully me.

None of my friends are going to jump on this forum and harass you. I promise they are more mature than that. lol Besides, some of them are men too.

Jan 14, 2018 4:22 PM
Jul 2018
Chiibi said:
Seriously though, go watch KareKano or Toradora (better yet BOTH) and get back to me. >_>

They both sound extremely boring to me.

Chiibi said:
Bet you can't find any that would prove it false. :'D

If it was true, there'd be an article or something. Scientists are obsessed with discovering every secret in the universe.

Chiibi said:
That is the parents' fault, not the damn anime's. :/ Anyway, I never believed that a romance like a Disney movie would find me and everything in my life would suddenly turn wonderful.

Even if the audience isn't stupid enough, the work itself is still sending a bad message. And if it's a bad message, then it has every right to be criticized.

Chiibi said:
What? You're saying there's a DIFFERENCE between a "crush" and being sexually attracted to somebody?

Lol what the hell is that? I always thought they were the same.

A crush is one where you think and look at a specific person more than others, someone where you have fantasies of doing more "pure" things like holding hands and whatnot.
When I see a girl outside, I don't fantasize of holding her hands. I fantasize of her dominating me (I have an unhealthy obsession with femdom...) and other weird shit.

Chiibi said:
I think girls cry more than guys do but guys DO cry over girls. I've seen it.

That's why teenagers are stupid: they cry over the unimportant things in life, to distract themselves from the important things, like grades.
Like I don't get why anime characters cry because their partners broke up with them or something. Who cares? You can get a new one. They're replaceable, unlike a family member. Now shut up and do your algebra.

Chiibi said:
That's terrible! >:/

I'm always on thot patrol. Better safe than sorry.

Chiibi said:
Dude, we are still human beings with feelings. :/

I think people are mentally stronger than that...
If not, screw them.
Fuck humanity.

Chiibi said:
Um..........do you think we gain ALL the memories and experiences our ancestors went through as soon as we're born!? We're not reincarnations of them.

Not exactly memories, but similar behaviors. Why do you think a child usually resembles their parent's personality?

Chiibi said:
Oh pleeeeeeease. Girls are just as much victims as boys. We are all people. People are not invincible to pain.

I don't care about others. I care about myself. Fuck everyone else. If Armageddon comes, I'm going to beg to be spared. I don't care if a girl has as much of a chance of being emotionally scarred, because she has the equal amount of chance, to scar me.

Chiibi said:
THERE ARE SO MANY THAT FIT THAT CRITERIA !!!!!!!!!!!! AUGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Then can you name some?

Chiibi said:
I don't wanna read your articles. >:/

But then you're being unfair in this discussion, not willing to hear out everything from my side.
Jan 14, 2018 4:58 PM
Aug 2014
I don't. The only passable romance anime I've completed is Maison Ikkoku due to the gradual character development of its charismatic cast. While there's still a small handful of notable titles within the genre I need to explore, for the most part, within the medium at least, it's a genre that's a waste of space.
Jan 14, 2018 5:07 PM

Nov 2008
NihilisticLoner said:
Chiibi said:

They both sound extremely boring to me.

They aren't. They are both awesome. That's why lots of people love them.

Even if the audience isn't stupid enough, the work itself is still sending a bad message. And if it's a bad message, then it has every right to be criticized.

It's NOT a bad message! Somebody's gotta teach them the difference between what's real and what's a fantasy! If not parents, anime sounds like a good teacher. When they learn their crush doesn't work out happily ever after, they will learn anime romance is fantasy. Hey look at that! Now they are one experience wiser!
I see nothing "bad" about this. You NEED to get hurt as you go through life so you can grow stronger and smarter. That's just how things are.

A crush is one where you think and look at a specific person more than others, someone where you have fantasies of doing more "pure" things like holding hands and whatnot.

Yes, that describes what I felt around the boy in high school. I was too pure and sheltered to think of "lewd" things. xD

That's why teenagers are stupid: they cry over the unimportant things in life, to distract themselves from the important things, like grades.
Like I don't get why anime characters cry because their partners broke up with them or something. Who cares? You can get a new one. They're replaceable, unlike a family member. Now shut up and do your algebra.

I'm not denying teens are dumb BUT ALGEBRA CAN GO TO HELL AND STAY THERE.
Yuck.

Fuck humanity.

LOL you just told me a couple posts back that you'd save a stranger's life even with risking your own. Now it's "f*ck humanity". Are you being tsundere or are you bi-polar? :D

Not exactly memories, but similar behaviors. Why do you think a child usually resembles their parent's personality?

Look, if a girl gets raped and abused and she grows stronger because of it, her granddaughter isn't going to come out of the womb invincible to rape and abuse. :/

Then can you name some?

Full Moon Wo Sagashite, Princess Tutu, Card Captor Sakura, Kareshi Kanojo No Jijou, Magic Knight Rayearth, Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne, Akatsuki No Yona, Akagami Shirayukihime, Kodomo No Omocha, Fruits Basket, Yume Pati, Shugo Chara, Kimi Ni Todoke, Ore Monogatari, Paradise Kiss, Nana, Kaitou Saint Tail, Please Save My Earth, Ashita No Nadja, Petite Princess Yucie, X/1999, Aishiteruze Baby, Ultra Maniac

*takes a breath*

unless you don't have a problem with MINOR characters being gay, I could name even more...hahaha.....

ChiibiJan 14, 2018 5:10 PM

Jan 14, 2018 5:13 PM

Aug 2012
Hello, Nihilisticloner. The reason why romance is such a celebrated genre is how well it carries series differently. Whether it's exclusively romance or a part of the subplot, it develop the characters to act a certain way. This doesn't have to only be anime, but literature and movies as well.
Jan 14, 2018 6:07 PM
Oct 2017
I just like seeing how anime characters can hit it off easier than I ever could
Kick logic to the curb and do the impossible.
Jan 14, 2018 6:13 PM

Jan 2018
Because they make me feel like an emotional middle school girl.
Jan 14, 2018 6:15 PM

Jul 2014
Hard to say. What I can say though, is that I'm not really into romance shows with real actors, the genre is only attractive to me in Anime. Can't really explain why though.
Jan 14, 2018 6:16 PM
Aug 2016
I watch Romance anime for the drama. Like some of the moments would make you go "Oh shit, I can't believe they did that", and to see how the lovebirds would end up even though I know they would be together in the end.
Jan 14, 2018 10:11 PM
Jul 2018
Chiibi said:

If they're just about romantic comedy, then I'm not interested. I suggest reading my profile description, where I describe what my tastes are.

Chiibi said:
It's NOT a bad message! Somebody's gotta teach them the difference between what's real and what's a fantasy! If not parents, anime sounds like a good teacher. When they learn their crush doesn't work out happily ever after, they will learn anime romance is fantasy. Hey look at that! Now they are one experience wiser!
I see nothing "bad" about this. You NEED to get hurt as you go through life so you can grow stronger and smarter. That's just how things are.

The way anime portrays romance is not the way that I know of, based on my experience with talking with couples. Anime makes romance appear more exciting than it actually is.

In anime, romance tends to begin:

because two characters are forced to hang out because of a major conflict. They fall for each other, regardless of how different they are, regardless of how much of assholes they behave towards each other, without any serious arguing, unless it involves that major conflict.

In real life romance begins:

because two people just met at a workplace or something. They just start off as friends, talk about mundane shit like school, grades, maybe random music, play frisbee. Then they probably start learning they have more common interests like maybe they both play tennis, like music, read books. Then they'll do bigger things, like going to the movies. Then the guy/girl just asks the other to go on a date...
That's it!
In Tsurezure Children, everyone's a couple without having really interacted with each other beforehand. After they become a couple, literally all their interactions, all the conflict and jokes, revolve around being embarrassed about being a couple.

So because anime portrays romance developing because two characters are caught in a conflict and forced to do heroic shit, it's saying, "Romance is really cool shit!".

If all I needed to do to get a girlfriend was to appear somewhat attractive, friendly, know her for a long time, argue a little, then...

Chiibi said:
Yes, that describes what I felt around the boy in high school. I was too pure and sheltered to think of "lewd" things. xD

Real teenagers, are not pure. They are filthy drug, alcohol, and sex addicts.

Chiibi said:
I'm not denying teens are dumb BUT ALGEBRA CAN GO TO HELL AND STAY THERE.
Yuck.

Unfortunately, if you want to go to a great university, you're gonna have to study Algebra like a Japanese person.
Something that anime set in high school NEVER seem to explore (the ones I've seen, anyway)...

Chiibi said:
LOL you just told me a couple posts back that you'd save a stranger's life even with risking your own. Now it's "f*ck humanity". Are you being tsundere or are you bi-polar? :D

Yes, I'm a tsundere. I hate humanity, but because I'm human, I have sympathy for others. I'd jump out to save someone's life, purely out of moral obligation, something that almost everyone has.

Chiibi said:
Look, if a girl gets raped and abused and she grows stronger because of it, her granddaughter isn't going to come out of the womb invincible to rape and abuse. :/

But even in today's society, females are treated like crap. So shouldn't they still be mental juggernauts?

Chiibi said:
Full Moon Wo Sagashite, Princess Tutu, Card Captor Sakura, Kareshi Kanojo No Jijou, Magic Knight Rayearth, Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne, Akatsuki No Yona, Akagami Shirayukihime, Kodomo No Omocha, Fruits Basket, Yume Pati, Shugo Chara, Kimi Ni Todoke, Ore Monogatari, Paradise Kiss, Nana, Kaitou Saint Tail, Please Save My Earth, Ashita No Nadja, Petite Princess Yucie, X/1999, Aishiteruze Baby, Ultra Maniac

The plot synopsis's of the ones I do know of on that list, I am not interested in.

Chiibi said:
unless you don't have a problem with MINOR characters being gay, I could name even more...hahaha.....

I'm fine with gay characters. I'm not fine with gay characters that are terribly portrayed stereotypes.

I just finished watching the 6 minute music video Kimi no Hikari: Asagao to Kase-san.\
And I loved it. One of the major reasons being, is that the romance was so natural in it.
Girl meets other girl. They hang out a bunch, do normal things, then they're a couple.
In A Silent Voice, the two main characters never hung out and socialized like the way the characters do in this music video.

@Based

If you just want to see "oh shit" moments, then shouldn't you just watch non-romance intense anime, or anime like Future Diary and School Days?
Jan 14, 2018 10:15 PM
Aug 2016
NihilisticLoner said:

@Based

If you just want to see "oh shit" moments, then shouldn't you just watch non-romance intense anime, or anime like Future Diary and School Days?

I'm open to suggestions, and I'll take those for consideration
Jan 14, 2018 10:34 PM

Nov 2008
NihilisticLoner said:
Chiibi said:

If they're just about romantic comedy, then I'm not interested.

There's quite a bit of drama too, overcoming personal goals, changing who you are or the bad traits you possess. KareKano is pretty psychological.

The way anime portrays romance is not the way that I know of, based on my experience with talking with couples. Anime makes romance appear more exciting than it actually is.

SO DO MOVIES AND LIVE ACTION TV. THUS THE PURPOSE OF "ENTERTAINMENT" IS SERVED.

because two people just met at a workplace or something. They just start off as friends, talk about mundane shit like school, grades, maybe random music, play frisbee. Then they probably start learning they have more common interests like maybe they both play tennis, like music, read books. Then they'll do bigger things, like going to the movies. Then the guy/girl just asks the other to go on a date...
That's it!

And unless you have an AMAZING director and production staff, that would make the anime as boring as shit. :/

So because anime portrays romance developing because two characters are caught in a conflict and forced to do heroic shit, it's saying, "Romance is really cool shit!".

If you are dumb enough.........I suppose you could believe this....but you NEED to be dumb enough so.....XD

If all I needed to do to get a girlfriend was to appear somewhat attractive, friendly, know her for a long time, argue a little, then...

YOU'RE ONLY 17!?

Man, you ARE a child. xD Didn't you say you're always mean to girls? Your reputation probably spread. If you're really as heartless as you SAY you are, the girls are afraid of you.

Real teenagers, are not pure. They are filthy drug, alcohol, and sex addicts.

I wasn't and neither were my friends. :/ Damn, you are very jaded....

Unfortunately, if you want to go to a great university, you're gonna have to study Algebra like a Japanese person.

Which is BULLSHIT really; you don't even need it unless you want to be an engineer or something similar.

Something that anime set in high school NEVER seem to explore (the ones I've seen, anyway)...

I've definitely seen Japanese anime kids study algebra; Nisekoi off the top of my head. It brought back unpleasant memories lol

Yes, I'm a tsundere.

可愛い。。。(^m^)

But even in today's society, females are treated like crap. So shouldn't they still be mental juggernauts?

If a girl is raised in a loving, healthy, sheltered environment and suddenly out of nowhere, gets abused by some rapist, DO YOU THINK SHE WOULD BE A JUGGERNAUT!?

For f*ck's sake, NO.

The plot synopsis's of the ones I do know of on that list, I am not interested in.

You watched Natsume's Book of Friends; Fruits Basket and Kamisama Kiss are damn similar.

I just finished watching the 6 minute music video Kimi no Hikari: Asagao to Kase-san.\
And I loved it. One of the major reasons being, is that the romance was so natural in it.
Girl meets other girl. They hang out a bunch, do normal things, then they're a couple.

That's nice. Too bad I avoid yuri like the plague. >_>

Ew, those anime suck.
Besides, sometimes nothing makes you go "OH SHIT" more than seeing two people struggle with their emotions lol

Jan 14, 2018 10:57 PM
Jul 2018
Chiibi said:
There's quite a bit of drama too, overcoming personal goals, changing who you are or the bad traits you possess. KareKano is pretty psychological.

I don't care for, "realistic" drama. I'm 17. I've been through all that shit, so it's tiring to see it again.

Chiibi said:
If you are dumb enough.........I suppose you could believe this....but you NEED to be dumb enough so.....XD

Just because the audience isn't stupid enough to believe in something, doesn't mean that that isn't the message of the work.
Just because a random homeless guy on drugs is saying Armageddon is coming, but nobody believes him, doesn't change the fact that the homeless guy on drugs is saying Armageddon is coming.

Chiibi said:
Didn't you say you're always mean to girls? Your reputation probably spread. If you're really as heartless as you SAY you are, the girls are afraid of you.

Oh come on, I only said they were unattractive or average looking a FEW times in high school...
I also told every single one of them that I was uncomfortable around girls...
How come no girl had a crush on me in middle school?! Back when I was friendly?

Chiibi said:
:/ Damn, you are very jaded....

Back in high school, I had to deal with kids screaming like monkeys, and a dude asking me to have anal sex with him.
I actually feel much more comfortable around adult women, because they're past the puberty stage, their hormones don't make them as crazy.

Chiibi said:
Which is BULLSHIT really; you don't even need it unless you want to be an engineer or something similar.

Yeah, tell that to your GPA.

Chiibi said:
I've definitely seen Japanese anime kids study algebra; Nisekoi off the top of my head. It brought back unpleasant memories lol

Seriously? Please name more.

Chiibi said:
可愛い。。。(^m^

English?

Chiibi said:
If a girl is raised in a loving, healthy, sheltered environment and suddenly out of nowhere, gets abused by some rapist, DO YOU THINK SHE WOULD BE A JUGGERNAUT!?

I meant more minor, subtle things. Like low pay. Men staring at them like a sex objects. Negative stereotypes associated with girls like them not being able to be strong.

Chiibi said:
You watched Natsume's Book of Friends; Fruits Basket and Kamisama Kiss are damn similar.

I watched a bit of Fruits Basket years ago. NOTHING like Natsume. Kamisama Kiss's character designs look gay and obnoxious. I prefer the girl to be the supernatural creature, not the guy.

Chiibi said:
That's nice. Too bad I avoid yuri like the plague. >_>

Oh come on, it's only 6 minutes. If a romance hater like me loved it, then a romance freak like you will, well, freak out over it. And the way the yuri is portrayed is much more pure.

Chiibi said:
Besides, sometimes nothing makes you go "OH SHIT" more than seeing two people struggle with their emotions lol

When they're intense emotions. Like depression, hatred, rage, bloodlust, lust.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» I made a fake anime seasonal chart using AI. Which of these sounds interesting to you? ( 1 2 )

FFandMMfan - Apr 13

99 by FFandMMfan »»
1 minute ago

Poll: » Does your first ever favourite anime(s) still holds a place in your favs?

NubFix - 1 hour ago

7 by 8oomer »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » Hentai is the worst anime genre ever created. ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

78 by TheDarkLordOtaku »»
6 minutes ago

» Muskoku Tensei is the antithesis of Evangelion ( 1 2 )

ShuisBased2 - Jan 15

61 by ShuisBased2 »»
7 minutes ago

» thoughts on Chinese anime? ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ryo-san - Mar 6, 2022

226 by lingojk »»
9 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.