Forum Settings
Forums
Jan 11, 8:30 AM

Hey guys, wassup ? Wanted to know how often do you rewatch animes, and If so do you usually increase or decrease the score?

I think I rewatched GTO and School rumble like 3-4 times each, and it never gets boring for me. On other hand I rewatched kaichoi wa maid sama and kimi ni todoke and it wasnt good as I first thought

what about u guys?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jan 11, 8:31 AM

Never, most of the times, it gets boring the second time around, since you know the whole plot already. Also, it's a waste of time when you can be watching new anime.

Set by Nate
MT Loyalty - Red || White

Jan 11, 8:33 AM

When i feel like i want to rewatch an anime lol. It can be more than 6-10 per month or less than 1 per 4 months depends, although i haven't watched much anime lately at all.
The beauty of humans is that they say one thing then do another, but at the same time that can also be their ugliest side.

Jan 11, 8:37 AM

Mhh,i only re-watch anime that i really enjoyed,and only when theres nothing interesting to watch or im just bored.
I love to re-watch yuri on ice,saiki kusuo,one punch man ,houseki no kuni & some others,i think they are always fun to watch.
Also,i dont usually change my score,i like to keep it like the first time i watched it.
"those who aren't able to find a more miserable person than themselves turn to the internet and call others losers,even though they've never met"- Satou from nhk

Jan 11, 8:38 AM

GTO's anime is only half the story and doesn't explain everything, read the manga. That ending was bad.
Planetes said:
Living alone and dying alone... alone... How could anyone be satisfied with that? It's stupid... Space is too big to face all alone.

Jan 11, 8:41 AM

Whenever I feel like doing so. And I rarely change rating, my first scores are usually pretty accurate. If I do change it it's no more than 1 point up or down.

Jan 11, 8:41 AM

I've rewatched quite a few anime, and some multiple times, I think rewatching your favourites is quite natural because if you loved them so much I don't see a reason to not consider rewatching them.

I'm also planning on rewatching a couple series I saw when I first got into anime and think I'd probably enjoy them more now than I did back then.

Jan 11, 8:48 AM

I think I only rewatched Trigun, Slayers, Yu Yu Hakusho, Full Metal Panic and the Dragon Ball series because I had only seen them on TV (incompletely) when I was young. Don't really care much about rewatching series after I know the plot (unless I'm doing it with someone else). I will read the manga if it was particularly good or if I feel the story was incomplete.

Actually wait, I watched the 1997 Berserk series 2 times in a row. Once by myself and once more a week later, when I convinced my roommate to watch it. It was so good.

I'm currently playing the Steins;Gate VN and want to rewatch the anime in anticipation for Steins;Gate 0 as well.

Jan 11, 8:49 AM

I actually rarely rewatch anime which sucks because I kind of want to more than I do but I just feel I should find other good series out there. Funnily enough, GTO and School Rumble are a couple that I rewatched as well but also things that used to play on Toonami like DBZ, Trigun, FMA, Sailor Moon, Bebop, Champloo.

Jan 11, 8:53 AM

I don't rewatch that often but if I do then it's likely going to be one of my favourites, last month I re-watched Lain and Welcome to the NHK, and my ratings for them didn't change. There are a couple on my completed list that I've tagged with 'R' which means I'm considering rewatching them although that's kinda useless now since my current list style doesn't let me quickly check all entries with the same tag.

There are a couple of anime with a rating of 6 or lower that I may rewatch. Some people might think this is a waste of time since I didn't enjoy them that much and I could spend my time watching something new instead, but there are a couple that I either couldn't fully appreciate on my first watch or just want to give another chance. On my first watch of Oregairu I gave both seasons a rating of 4 and 5 respectively, a few months ago I rewatched it and my scores jumped to 7 for both seasons and Hachiman became one of my favourite male characters.

Jan 11, 8:54 AM

I do. A lot. The most I've rewatched is Girls und Panzer- about 5 times. And Girls und Panzer der Film about 7 times.

Jan 11, 8:54 AM

I only rewatch sometimes the scenes with cool fighting, action.

Jan 11, 9:00 AM
Lazy

I used to rewatch more in the past, but nowadays I'd rather watch something new over something I've already seen.

Jan 11, 9:02 AM

i might rewatch a series if a new season is coming out and its been a while since i last watched it, i did that before the most recent season of uta no prince sama

Jan 11, 9:02 AM

I only rewatch anime that I own on DVD/Blu-ray, unless it's licensed by Aniplex of America, Pony Canyon USA & NIS America. Because their releases are way overpriced

Jan 11, 9:03 AM

All the time. I rewatch almost all the stuff I have on DVD/Bluray every 2-3 years.

Jan 11, 9:08 AM
Depends how great it is
i rewatched a few ones

Jan 11, 9:09 AM

Ive rewatched a bit, mostly stuff I've watched as a kid or want to get back into again. Rewatched dbz, one piece and fairy tail a couple times cause they make me nostalgic ahhaha

Jan 11, 9:12 AM

whenever I feel like it
I watched Kill la Kill a total of 7 times already and I will surely rewatch it at least once more this year
I randomly feel like rewatching some series every now and then, next in queue is utena and code geass, both of which are among my favourites

Jan 11, 9:15 AM

It's nice to see an anime again for the fact of reliving memories, a large part repeats them like 10 times, it seems a disturbance.
sǝuılǝpınƃ ɯnɹoɟ & ǝʇıs ǝɥʇ uı pǝuıɟǝp sɐ ,sǝlnɹ ǝɹnʇɐuƃıs ǝɥʇ ʍolloɟ ǝsɐǝld˙pǝʌoɯǝɹ ǝɹnʇɐuƃıs

Jan 11, 9:37 AM

almost never, and when i do it's always short stuff

though technically a few i watched on computer were rewatches of shows i saw on tv in childhood

Jan 11, 10:16 AM

I rewatch To Love-Ru and Monster Musume when I feel a little down on the weather.

"I always had a repulsive need to be
something more than human.
I felt very puny as a human. I thought,
'Fuck that. I want to be a superhuman"
-Kira Yoshikage

Jan 11, 10:23 AM

I rewatch alot of shows. Most often I will do it when I'm showing anime I like for my friends and watch it together with them.

Jan 11, 10:25 AM

I've never rewatched entire series and instead just rewatch certain episodes. I know there are a couple episodes of Jormungand, Kill La Kill, Soul Eater, and Fairy Tail that I've rewatched in the past.

I've rewatched Princess Mononoke like fifteen times throughout my lifetime though. That movie will never get old.

Jan 11, 10:28 AM

pgmhecateii said:
Never, most of the times, it gets boring the second time around, since you know the whole plot already. Also, it's a waste of time when you can be watching new anime.
exactly. also watching anime is like a woman. time is limited so why not experience more anime than waste it on the thing you've seen

Jan 11, 10:28 AM

I used to rewatch like every anime because I always thought: I'm never gonna find a better one, idk why tho (especially with Shoujo anime)

But now I never rewatch anime because I got waaayy too much stuff on my Plan to Watch list, maybe I'll rewatch a few anime some day. When I reached 100 anime I watched every 1st episode of all the 100 anime, it was SO much fun!! ^^

My most rewatched anime is probably Ao Haru Ride or Kimi ni Todoke, I watched it like 5-6 times lol

Jan 11, 11:38 AM

I rewatch quite a bit since I really enjoy the shows I like to rewatch. I just finished rewatching Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun for the fifth time and I still find it as hilarious as ever. Other shows I rewatch are more like a tradition. I watch Spirited Away every year wit out fail. Some other non-anime but animation movies I rewatch: Megamind and Zootopia. The former is a favorite and the latter I've just gotten used to rewatching. The benefit of rewatching for me is that since I already know the plot I can enjoy a movie/show without giving it my full attention and also get some work done at the same time. I can't work and watch a show for the first time since I like to give my full attention to whatever new show I could potentially love.
Can I touch you? Please I love you. Let me touch you, I love you!
Friend: How's school? Me: School gave me debt and my plant mold.

Jan 11, 11:39 AM

Pretty often i would say. Or if i don't have nothing new to watch.

"Random edgy anime quote"
 - from random edgy anime character

Jan 11, 11:40 AM

Jack_100HP said:
pgmhecateii said:
exactly. also watching anime is like a woman. time is limited so why not experience more anime than waste it on the thing you've seen

Wow. I guess that means you're going to cheat on every relationship you'll be in? That's kind of sad that you don't have something you enjoy enough that you feel commitment to it.
Can I touch you? Please I love you. Let me touch you, I love you!
Friend: How's school? Me: School gave me debt and my plant mold.

Jan 11, 11:40 AM

Haven't rewatched any anime yet.
Though I think if I would, it'd definitely be Higurashi.

Jan 11, 11:42 AM

HanaPoko said:
Jack_100HP said:

Wow. I guess that means you're going to cheat on every relationship you'll be in? That's kind of sad that you don't have something you enjoy enough that you feel commitment to it.
no i mean like when u get 30 years old and if u want to get pregnant then ur child has a high chance to be autistic. i thought everyone knew this

Jan 11, 11:45 AM

Not very often because im mostly playing video games but im probably going to be re watching a lot more over the coming days because im ill and i dont have the energy to play any
Modified by Nero_Angelo, Jan 11, 11:48 AM

Jan 11, 11:51 AM

I have rewatched Death Note so many times and i want more and more. Its just a masterpiece that nothing can surpass for me so its quite natural that i want to see it again

Jan 11, 12:14 PM
I find very few anime to be worth rewatching unless I'm introducing it to someone. In that case, I'll usually watch the series with them.

Usually I'll wait a few years to rewatch something. Like right now, I'm waiting to rewatch Hunter x Hunter. I'll give it about 2 or 3 more years.

Jan 11, 12:49 PM

I usually only rewatch anime when I'm showing them to other people so very rarely. Usually when I rewatch it's something I can watch in one sitting like a movie or OVA. If it's a TV series I usually only rewatch a few episodes. I guess a couple times a year would be a good estimate.

Jan 11, 12:50 PM

i'm waiting to rewatch fmab :(
other than that, the only anime i've ever rewatched is gurren lagann because it was my favorite anime for a while and still good to this day
Edward Elric > your waifu

Jan 11, 12:51 PM

Watched Hyouka 4-5 times, could still watch it with awe.

I think I saw ngnl 6 times, still gives me shivers.

I rewatch anime frequently, can't help it. There are things I miss the first time and such.

Jan 11, 12:51 PM

Hardly never,
its almost always boring.
I did it once but i was watching it with friend

Jan 11, 12:52 PM

I rarely rewatch, but I plan to this year to put together my favorite anime.

I just rewatched Baccano!, and it wasn't quite as solid and tightly-put as I remember it.

@pgmhecateii

I wholeheartedly disagree. I think rewatching an anime years later can give you a new perspective on it.
From my experience, watching an anime for the first time is like trying to ride a new bike: your view on it is not completely stable, and your uncertain. It's hard to gain a critical opinion on it, because I'm busy trying to fully process everything that happens.
So rewatching can grant you a fresher, more critical perspective, and make you notice cool things you didn't notice the first time around.
Modified by HopefulNihilist, Jan 11, 1:54 PM
"You don't need a reason to live, you just live"
-Nero Vanetti, 91 Days

Jan 11, 1:43 PM

I just finished re watching steins gate yesterday. Its the first anime I've re watched but also I've barely watched any anime in the past year or so so it was quite refreshing
"People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do" - Black Science Man

Jan 11, 1:45 PM

I think record of my rewatch was when I watched Code Geass for like third time. There was few other rewatched animes but no point in mentioning I guess cuz I rewatched them because I had no memory about their plot

Jan 11, 1:56 PM

Well I only rewatch anime that I enjoyed a lot, or those that I don't remember anything about the plot.
Last one I rewatched was Prison School because I loved the comedy it had.

"Just shut up already. I have nothing more to say to you. You're way too pathetic... I'm done wasting my breath."

ProfileAnime ListMusic

Jan 11, 2:01 PM

When I was 13 I think, I always re-watch anime and won't care if I re-watched it for the 5th time or whatever. Then after reaching 18 maybe, I stop re-watching anime because I realize on how boring re-watching is in the long run and it's really way better if you watch something new. It's like getting out of your comfort zone.

Although on some certain occasions, I re-watch some few selectable anime that I can really say worth re-watching but that "certain occasions" is something that "if I really feel like it" and takes 3 or more years.

Jan 11, 2:02 PM
Coffee-pot

Hmm, normally when I see a post or something that gives me nostalgic feelings towards a show I liked.
I normally don't watch the all show, but the eps I like the most.

I'm trapped and my back's up against the wall
I see no solution or exit out
I'm grinding it out, no one can see
The pressure's growing exponentially

set made by Stripes

Jan 11, 2:03 PM

@NihilisticLoner I guess I do agree with the noticing things you don't notice the first time part...I do watch some stuff over a certain someone's shoulders and I noticed some things I didn't notice the first time. But I still think it's better to watch new series, seeing I can't even watch 10 eps a day anymore.

Set by Nate
MT Loyalty - Red || White

Jan 11, 2:08 PM

I really don't rewatch anything that is longer than two-three hours. So I could say that I just rewatch movies, and not that much actually. I used to rewatch Death Note like five years ago and that's pretty much it.

Well, if I really enjoy something (like Monogatari) I can watch it over and over again without getting bored. Also I could rewatch animes that are deep, in some way, or cryptic. Something like Mushishi, Lain...
Modified by Shukanteki, Jan 11, 2:12 PM

Jan 11, 2:11 PM

I watch many animes twice because i tend to miss things the 1st time. I plan watch for the 3rd time the Toaru series. Yamato 2199 I watched 5 times already

Jan 11, 3:29 PM

Re-watching is all I really do nowadays, lol. I've watched the whole K-On series at least 25 times

Jan 11, 3:40 PM

BeYourself said:
Hey guys, wassup ? Wanted to know how often do you rewatch animes, and If so do you usually increase or decrease the score?

I think I rewatched GTO and School rumble like 3-4 times each, and it never gets boring for me. On other hand I rewatched kaichoi wa maid sama and kimi ni todoke and it wasnt good as I first thought

what about u guys?

Used to rewatch the same shows often when I was younger probably have seen the original DB like 10 times lol. These days though rarely if never get to. Way too many series on my PTW and not enough time.

Though I get the whole sentiment every time I rewatch a series my opinion on it changes.

Jan 11, 4:16 PM

I rewatch a lot and my score can change by two points up or down normally, because I think that if you can watch it again and get something more than shock its something really good. I pick up on a lot more details and little things that I might have missed other wise and it can add a little more to the story. Rewatching isn't for everyone but for some people like me it adds more and you can score the show better. Some shows I have watched like more than three times are hard to watch after that, unless they are really something to me.

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »