Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 11, 2018 1:29 PM

Jan 2013
I really don't know what to think of this. Part of me wants to call it bland, trite and unimpressive, but I can't deny I was entertained enough to get interested in what happens next..

Really not a fan of the writing. I'll keep watching, but I hope it gets better.
Jan 11, 2018 1:34 PM
Jun 2016
Not sure what to make of it yet, but it has potential.
Jan 11, 2018 1:55 PM

Jul 2015
May the power of censorship protect you.

I liked it but still just alright, I expected to go for the quick drop but it somewhat did a good job introducing Hazuki's character, I will watch 1-2 more episodes and decide.
Jan 11, 2018 1:57 PM

Sep 2016
decent 1st episode.
The Anime Binge Is Life

-PolarCyrus97 2k17-
Jan 11, 2018 3:21 PM

Dec 2016
Kinda meh to begin with.

I'm as clueless as our main girl as to what's going on at the moment.

I will keep watching to see what happens next and to learn about what's happening.
Jan 11, 2018 4:10 PM
Nov 2013
Holy crap that OP was absolutely horrible.

It was almost entirely just random clips from the show including a bunch of random service shots and they somehow didn't even have enough random clips to fill the whole OP so before the end they started repeating them and on top of that at no point did it even attempt to sync to the music. If this isn't just a stand in for a delayed OP or something then... what the hell?
Jan 11, 2018 4:58 PM

Sep 2008
Ehh its alright but watching its not really my type of genre of anime. so ima getting drop it just because it didnt catch my attention also.
Delivery (^_^) set by Nate

Jan 11, 2018 5:00 PM

Oct 2017
Looks promising, but the fanservice is all over the place here, mahou shoujos and fanservices are not a good blend. Hope Mädchen proves me wrong.
"What a Player, what a Champion here at Wimbledon, the first man to win 8 Championships."
Andrew Castle on Roger Federer winning his 19th Grand Slam title.
Jan 11, 2018 5:38 PM

Jun 2013
I was looking forward to this, but this episode dashed all of my hopes. By the time the opening came around, I already knew I was in for a disappointment. That opening basically tells you what this show is going to be like.

LeeTailorJan 12, 2018 7:58 AM
Jan 11, 2018 6:12 PM

Apr 2014
The whole time I was watching this, I wondered which bland cliche they'd bring up next. I'll admit I had no hopes at all going into this, and I was right in doing so. Such a generic fanservice-filled episode. The animation was lazy, flashbacks to things that happened only minutes ago, the opening literally being parts of the episode... And the whole time just being utterly cringy. Like watching something one of my weeby friends back in middle school might have written up and then self inserted themselves into.

Dropped

[Artist] • [Streamer] • [Writer]
Seasonal Anime Watcher!
Jan 11, 2018 6:50 PM

Dec 2014
That was a lot more lewd than I expected especially scenes in the end credits. I thought it was cute. Cute girls doing cute things (maybe even each other lol) and blowing stuff up. Let's see where it goes
Jan 11, 2018 7:00 PM
Dec 2017
very interesting just tone down the fan service
Jan 11, 2018 7:15 PM

Jan 2015
Holy shit. That was terrible introduction. Instant dropped
Rance X is A GOAT.
Jan 11, 2018 7:33 PM

Oct 2017
I have read the LN so I find it a bit disappointing but hey probably their funding wasn't enough lol even the opening is pretty worse as it got many repeated shots. I hope it goes okay but doesn't think I will give some good expectation of it. It could be a decent anime but surprisingly Japan studios seem to like to fuck up and give out shit quality animation makes ppl wanna to drop it instead of putting more effort and investment on it to make it more popular so that later on your have more fund to make an even better anime

“It's okay to live, even if there's no greater point to living. -” Konno Yuuki

“God would never put us through all this suffering if he didn't think we could bear it.” -Konno Yuuki

“Life is not a game of luck. If you wanna win, work hard.” – Sora

Jan 11, 2018 8:07 PM

Oct 2012
Like many of the previous posters I found this to be pretty disappointing. On one hand I liked the mystery aspect of it... I always like a slow reveal. We heard this from some of the characters ("well that means....", etc.). But the payoff so far just isn't too interesting -- I see that they're in a magic land but it just not magical enough. Looks like it's going to be pretty bland. Hoping I'm wrong.
Jan 11, 2018 8:10 PM

Oct 2010
As with some other anime this season, started off kinda slow. However, I really relate to Hazuki. So that was a really strong point. Random nudeness doesn't bother me at all, I'm not a prude. Story did hook me at least.
Jan 11, 2018 8:57 PM

Aug 2014
interesting

though im sure itll be just another generic cute girls doing cute things with some magic added
Jan 11, 2018 9:31 PM

Jan 2014
Isekai with female protag. WHY IS THIS NOT A THING.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Jan 11, 2018 9:43 PM
Jun 2015
It's a bit of a stretch to call this an Isekai, it seems like just the school is located in a hard to reach place. Little Magical Girl Academia?
Jan 11, 2018 10:40 PM

Jan 2015
im sure people who love fanservice would have a time of their life with this anime like Ecchikingmamster. When opening shows about 10 fanservice shots you never what you are going into :D
But seriously i didnt understand the first 10 minutes that much, it felt like random scenes thrown together??? no one else felt that it just felt very unnatural? and awkward?
Jan 11, 2018 10:43 PM

Jan 2015
LeeTailor said:
I was looking forward to this, but this episode dashed all of my hopes. By the time the opening came around, I already knew I was in for a disappointment. That opening basically tells you what this show is going to be like.

This is just not how you do a first episode at all. You'd think that the creators would put some of the most interesting things about their show in the very first episode, essentially making the episode itself a "teaser" for the rest of the series. But what am I supposed to be looking forward to after this? More bathing and running around naked? That doesn't seem like the worst idea for a fanservice or sports series, but then the whole premise here (the magic school with the books) is just wasted as window dressing.

It's silly how almost the entire episode focused on the protagonist, and we barely learned anything about her. She is supposedly a book nerd and she suffers from anxiety, but all of that is buried so deep under the generic moe-isms, that she ends up lacking depth even after a full episode dedicated to her. The only thing remotely interesting about her was the way her mother's death was brought up

If only the episode had focused more on the actual stories she enjoys. But this is not going to be that kind of anime. It's going to be a fanservice-moe-action shlock (in fact, forget the action - there wasn't even a decent battle, since the teacher got in the way) that over-optimizes itself, like a smoothie that ends up tasting like nothing in particular because you threw too many different things in it. Magic high schools (like Harry Potter), metafiction (like the Neverending Story), mahou shoujo anime. Those are all nice things, but if you just throw their elements into a story randomly without understanding what makes them work, you will probably end up with something like Märchen Mädchen.

I'm willing to give episode 2 a shot, just in case I'm wrong, but I'm not expecting anything good out of this one anymore. Also, I sure hope no one is expecting any consequential yuri (i.e. more than just throwaway teasing) here, because it should be obvious that that's not going to happen.

feels bad for you :( but i suggest not to look forward to any isekai adaptations, disappointment will come!
You wrote quite nice comments btw
Jan 11, 2018 11:41 PM

Nov 2015
This. Is. Adorable. 100% guaranteed to watch.

But yeah I know it's gonna be at best a 5/10. Life is so hard.
Jan 12, 2018 12:54 AM

Apr 2009
i'm started to watch this along with Blend S but the fanservice of Marchen Madchen should be at MINIMUM level & @delta5 hello there
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

Jan 12, 2018 12:55 AM

Oct 2008
It was fine to me...nothing special...but let's see how this goes...
it was nice to see fhana perform again as the OP of this show!
3/5.

Jan 12, 2018 1:08 AM

Nov 2015
Prankster_001 said:
i'm started to watch this along with Blend S but the fanservice of Marchen Madchen should be at MINIMUM level & @delta5 hello there

Oddly I found the type of fanservice in Blend S to be more than I could take. It's probably just a matter of tone, tropes, and whatever other random intangibles that make the difference. That being said, I think the fanservice in this show is pretty over the top and utterly unnecessary. I should look at the source material to see what the deal is. But...meh. It's kind of a cheap-looking show. I'm still gonna watch it!
Jan 12, 2018 1:23 AM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
High quality girls from Kantoku nice ED too.

11/10
Jan 12, 2018 1:47 AM

May 2012
Prankster_001 said:

Blend S was bad because it lack fanservice, and I dropped it

Marchen is much better out of the two

These kinds of show can't be enjoyed without fanserives in my opinion. Also, Marchen character are cuter and more lovable and it aslo lacks those annoying males from Blend S which is a good thing
Jan 12, 2018 1:54 AM

Apr 2009
thepath said:
Prankster_001 said:

Blend S was bad because it lack fanservice, and I dropped it

Marchen is much better out of the two

These kinds of show can't be enjoyed without fanserives in my opinion. Also, Marchen character are cuter and more lovable and it aslo lacks those annoying males from Blend S which is a good thing
lolz Marchen Madchen's fanservice should be just turn down to minimum my laddie but i like Blend S a lot and u can't stop me from watching it and u hate Blend S bcoz u hate the sadist girl and u like shows with too much fanservice (like Marchen Madchen) and u think it more addicting just like a drug and tbh my lad i'm different than u may think i only watch anime for cute girls and i prefer the anime's fanservice should be LOWRED and it's my personal decree
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

Jan 12, 2018 2:59 AM

Jan 2011
I really like it..
Jan 12, 2018 4:35 AM

Jun 2016
So, the characters in the book are alive or the MC was just mistaken? Hehe. Good first episode, btw. I enjoyed it. Will continue watching. That ED's so beautiful. Wanna know more about how Hazuki got to the other side and what on earth is that "Madchen" means.

4/5.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Jan 12, 2018 6:35 AM

May 2017
Ace_Card said:

I can't understand why would the principal (?) take her clothes.

You should've known that the moment redhair transformed using a book and ask her to do that too
Jan 12, 2018 8:14 AM

Jun 2013
Hirugiku said:

feels bad for you :( but i suggest not to look forward to any isekai adaptations, disappointment will come!
You wrote quite nice comments btw

I don't want to be someone who immediately dismisses any show just because it's isekai. I'd like to think that I'm more open minded than that. What ultimately killed this show for me was that it didn't even make me laugh. KonoSuba is an isekai with tons of fanservice, but the fanservice itself was funny, so I didn't feel like my intelligence was being insulted.
LeeTailorJan 12, 2018 8:26 AM
Jan 12, 2018 8:24 AM

Aug 2013
Bunneh666 said:
(maybe even each other)

You're the only one in this whole thread that actually got what this show will be about.
Jan 12, 2018 8:49 AM
Jun 2015
"I have no clothes. Note: I have a rather large book."

Would have been funny if she hit the red head over the head with the book. But what we got was funny too.
Jan 12, 2018 9:12 AM

Jul 2014
That was the lowest budget OP i have ever seen in an anime
Jan 12, 2018 10:53 AM

Jan 2012
damn that was nice tbh.
Jan 12, 2018 2:15 PM

Jun 2013
It was okay at best too much fan service
Jan 12, 2018 3:39 PM

Jul 2016
The show has a good concept so far. The main girl is cute and I want to know more about her powers that she mysteriously got. The school's principal seems like a fun character. The school seems pretty lively.

Jan 12, 2018 3:44 PM

May 2015
That was honestly quite enjoyable. Nothing great, but definitely nothing bad either. Hazuki is adorable, and I like her character so far. Can't ever go wrong with Kantoku's design either.

Jan 12, 2018 5:10 PM

Jun 2017
I thought this was gonna be one of those tripping af shows where you have no idea what the hell is going on but it seems like our main girl is gonna do stuff in both worlds.

Whatever, it piqued my interest enough to keep watching how it turns out.
Jan 12, 2018 9:11 PM

Jan 2011
this was okay, i'm safe to classify this as a isekai right granted this other world doesn't seem all that different besides magic

more lewd than i would've thought with the moe art ,just glad i got to hear Fhana this season since it's been lit for music with like nano.RIPE ,Aimer honeyworks, BURNOUT SYNDROME and many more already
Jan 12, 2018 9:26 PM

Mar 2009
Red-head looks like Shura from Blue Exorcist.
Jan 12, 2018 10:32 PM

Apr 2011
Interesting. I was initially interested by Kantoku's artwork. Loads of fanservice with the MC running around naked with only a book to cover her front while being chased. Lets see how this series goes.
Jan 12, 2018 11:23 PM

Jan 2016
That was a good fanservice episode :)
Jan 13, 2018 12:44 AM
Feb 2012
Hoods Entertainment doing Hoods Entertainment things as expected.
Jan 13, 2018 3:37 PM

Feb 2013
Book-girl, in-another-world.

It was cute.
I laughed when the book wouldn't open.
Jan 13, 2018 5:42 PM

Jul 2013
It was... interesting I guess. I like the main girl and the setting isn't as cliche as other Isekai.
The amount of narration through inner monologue really drives me up the wall though.
Jan 13, 2018 10:14 PM
Jul 2018
Made by the creator of Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai! and Mayoi Neko Overrun!, who died in 2016. It seems alright, nothing special though.
Jan 14, 2018 7:45 AM

Apr 2015
For some reason this just pulled me in in a way some others don't.
Was perfectly...ok. Hazuki's attractive.
Question is watchability...and the lack of it. This was watchable for me. Prejudice plays a great part
Jan 14, 2018 11:13 AM

Jul 2015
She ummm... so like, I'm just gonna assume it's not gonna be a common thing where she somehow ends up in situations where she lacks clothing, if not completely nude, and the fan-service here was just to attract those people who are into that, but I'm probably wrong about that... Not that it's bad, but too much fan-service ain't for me. Enjoyed the episode though. Twas pretty good.

MC kind of reminds me of myself in a way, in that I'm awkward as hell and constantly fantasize about everything, which ultimately just leads to more fantasies and stories and stuff that I can't actually do anything with.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Märchen Mädchen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2018

101 by RioAl »»
Jun 5, 2022 3:43 AM

Poll: » Märchen Mädchen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2018

60 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Jan 6, 2022 3:26 PM

Poll: » Märchen Mädchen Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 8, 2018

28 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Jan 2, 2022 4:38 PM

Poll: » Märchen Mädchen Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2018

37 by Serafos »»
Jul 19, 2021 12:18 PM

Poll: » Märchen Mädchen Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2018

28 by Serafos »»
Jul 19, 2021 11:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.