Forum Settings
Forums
Oct 31, 2019 2:43 AM
GDV said:
Chapter 189: a familiar place

Thank you so much!! I hope you don't mind that I copy pasted this to the DNA group in fb.

Oct 31, 2019 5:15 AM

manganimae said:

Thank you so much!! I hope you don't mind that I copy pasted this to the DNA group in fb.

Nope, not at all.

I've been reading on the subreddit that people are oddly concerned about Sawamura's ankle for a potential injury but honestly there has been nothing wrong with Sawamura's pitching form and it's just a shot to signify that his feet is dynamic, he's pushing off the mound well and is throwing sharp pitches as a result.

I don't like how the umpire squeezed Sawamura on that high pitch despite the batter not even reacting to it which means he couldn't track the ball and that usually would tend to give the pitcher the leeway for a strike but the umpire being strict on the high pitch could force Sawamura to labour more in this game because pitching high is the way to beat a team with a launch angle batting approach (meaning they take uppercut swing at the pitch instead of top down like the traditional swing). Oota's last sentence at the end and the ED note sort of gives off a bad impression that Terajima may be planning something nasty but I suppose Sawamura should be alright.

Nov 3, 2019 1:07 AM
yeah when oota said something, it usually is the other way around

Nov 11, 2019 6:29 PM

spoiler from 2ch. Like usual, take it with a grain of salt

Chap 190: the same amount

Sawamura’s pitches are floating a bit high (or it is because the umpire are being strict on high pitches) but with Miyuki making adjustments on the pitch calling, Sawamura found his rhythm and he got 3 ups 3 downs.

Nov 17, 2019 10:28 PM

spoiler from 2ch, like usual, take it with a grain of salt

Chapter 191: purpose and measure

the starting pitcher for Norikane is a 3rd year wearing no. 18 name Urabe and this is his first start of the tournament. In junior high, he was a pretty good player from Adachi senior but after he enrolled in Teitou, he quit the baseball after just 2 weeks after joining the club. He transferred to Norikane 2 years later and started playing again.

Since Seidou has no data on the pitcher, Kataoka tells the players to be cautious and let's see how things go first. As the pitcher is a tall guy with a normal arm slot and he has more velocity than expected, Kataoka says it's important to make adjustments to that. Mochi, batting left, jumped on the pitcher and got a hit to get on base. Urabe is cautious of Mochi but think it couldn't be helped if Mochi were to run so he should focus on dealing with Haruichi. He shows his Splitter and got a swinging strike. Kataoka and Miyuki determine that the Splitter must be Urabe's winning pitch and the coach instructs Haruichi to hang in there since whether Seidou allows the pitcher to get both his Splitter and Fastball going or not would determine the momentum of the game. Haruichi worked the count for a walk and it's runner on 1st and 2nd with Shirasu up to bat

Nov 25, 2019 6:58 PM

Spoiler from 2ch. Usual rule of caution applies

Chapter 192: the value of experience

Shirasu has figured out what kind of pitcher Urabe is from what he’s shown to Mochi and Haruichi. He targets the first pitch fastball and got a 3 run HR off of what was said to be Urabe’s fastest pitch so far. After his fastball being hit like that, he started spraying his Splitter and walked Miyuki. Zono lines out to center field (lmao). Toujou advances the runner and got on base. Kanemaru banks on the fastball and drove in 2 runs. Asou let 2 splitters go and went after the fastball to drive in another run. Seidou ends the inning with 6 run.

Sawamura faces the cleanups on the top of the 2nd and using his Numbers to send them back to the dugout and Seidou closes out the top of the inning cleanly with a strong momentum on their hands

Nov 26, 2019 7:17 PM
Thankyou GDV.. i hope the games called

Nov 27, 2019 8:21 PM

The spoiler guy on 2ch jumped the gun on Sawamura pitching. The 2nd inning has only started by the end of the chapter. Hopefully it goes well for Sawamura. He should be under lesser pressure heading into this inning with Seidou lineup exploding like that.

Nov 27, 2019 11:25 PM

Thanks GDV! Appreciate your posts!
Ideally there should be no reason for Sawamura to get in trouble here...He's no longer as nervous and got his groove in the previous inning, and with the batsmen' help, he shouldn't be under pressure...

Dec 2, 2019 3:46 AM

Spoiler from 2ch, like always, take it with a grain of salt

Chapter 193: Today's Numbers

Urabe was recommended by his coach back in the senior days to join Teitou. However, he realized the difference in the level of intensity between himself and the seniors in Teitou so he quitted the baseball club after just 2 weeks. Cos he quitted quickly without getting any chance to become friends with anyone in the club, he didn't have any lingering regrets. However, it was difficult for him to just leave baseball, something he's been doing nonstop for so long, so one day he stumbled upon Norikane high on the net and wanted to transferred there so he could continue playing baseball. His decision was supported by his parents and his middle school coach. That was Urabe back story.

Back to the game, Sawamura got 3 ups and 3 downs and close out the top of the 2nd inning cleanly. Urabe was batting 5th and he was retired by Sawamura along with the other cleanups.

Dec 8, 2019 11:59 PM

spoiler from 2ch, like usual, take it with a grain of salt.

Chap 194: not yet!
Bottom of the 2nd, Shirasu walks, he then tries to steal and Miyuki connects for a RBI double to make it 7-0 for Seidou. Here, Norikane finally makes a pitcher switch and they send out No. 12 Miura who according to Nabe’s data has been pitching very well for Norikane in their previous rounds and seemingly their de facto Ace. Zono hits a RBI Double however, bringing the score to 8-0.

By the top of the 4th, Sawamura gave up the first hit of the game and the runner was then advanced into scoring position. Miyuki thinks that base on the condition of the game, it should be fine to give up 2-3 runs but Sawamura is determined to not give the opponent anything.

Dec 9, 2019 12:01 AM

Going by the mercy rule, the game will end by the 5th inning if the score difference is 10, aka if Sawamura shut them out in this inning, with the only small window of opportunity that they have here, Seidou'll most likely score more runs and it'll be a wash by the 5th inning.

Sawamura lost the no-hitter but as long as he keeps the score to 0 and blanks Norikane, it's still a good game and a back to form first big step for Sawamura

Dec 10, 2019 7:22 PM
Thanks so much for spoilers GDV.

Dec 22, 2019 10:29 PM

Chap 195: that’s the pitcher’s

Sawamura strikes out one batter to start. He feels the pressure of Norikane’s batters since it’s the 2nd go around and they’ve started to be on time with his pitches. Plus, they’re exerting a good amount of determination.

Sawamura proceeds to corner the next batter and he thinks that as a pitcher who shoulders the Ace No. his responsibility is not just to only carry the team but he also has to carry himself first and foremost.
Modified by GDV, Dec 22, 2019 11:44 PM

Dec 22, 2019 10:37 PM
Thanks so much GDV :)

Dec 23, 2019 9:59 PM

GDV said:

as a pitcher who shoulders the Ace No. his responsibility is not just to only carry the team but he also has to carry himself first and foremost.

It's Sawamura's thoughts like these that makes him so much different from others! Even when he makes goof-ups, he is always introspecting and trying to be better!
As Always, thanks GDV!!

Dec 24, 2019 7:57 PM

Chapter 198: That's the pitcher's
Sousei's players: I figure that would be the game. I wanted to see how well could Norikane took a bite off of Seidou but this is just a one-sided affair. Seidou is indeed scary
[blondie guy introduction: Nara Kouji SS of Sousei High]
Yukiko: they're really swinging for it
Mie: It's still only the 4th inning so it's too early to give up
Norikane's dugout: You're seeing it Hinacchi, we're counting on you here~Hinata san!!~
Hinata: [I was always on the bench back in the senior days and I didn't think that I would become a player that could even hit a home run, until I came to this school that is...To swing a bat powerfully, to build the muscles that would make that possible, to eat and take supplements, to learn the swinging mechanics that would help send the ball flying. Although it was during an intra-squad game, that day when I sent a ball over the fence was unforgettable. I've been chasing that same feeling I felt on that day.]
--but he struck out--
Commentator: Strike! Batter Out! A Swinging Strikeout!!
Rookies on the stands: It's No. 11
Zono: Nice pitch!!
Haruichi: Nice pitch Eijun-kun
Someone: 2 outs!!
Sawamura: [what's this feeling...although I got a strikeout it didn't feel like I really defeated them. It's not that they've adjusted their eyes to the pitch after 1 at bat, it's more like their swing timing is starting to match up.]
Norikane's dugout: Shibu-chan, we're counting on you.
Batter: I got it. [the guys under us are watching how we play. We're not gonna let this end before we can show off the baseball that the coach has taught us]
Sawamura: [pitch tighter]
--low pitch to the dirt. Count 1-0
Commentator: First pitch Splitter, it missed, a Ball
Audience: that was close, if it rolled over, the runner would have went off.
Sawamura: My bad!!
Announcter: Second pitch! In-high fastball. Ball! (Count 2-0)
Yukiko: Miyuki calls for low and high but that's indeed missing too wide.
Mie: [they led off with balls. It's a definitive batter advantage count]
--low pitch fouled off. Count 2-1
Mochi: they went with the opposite direction of the previous in-high pitch
Haruichi: he fouled off that out-low pitch from Eijun kun...
Miyuki: As long as you can locate the pitch to where you just did, it should be fine...although...the forte of being simple, that's like using the data to arrive to one simple solution.
Sawamura: [The hope/expectations of the final Summer...the willpower/pride...the things that they've built up...(because of that) there are no opponent that we can win easily. ]
Miyuki: Not just high and low, expanding in and out as well...that's how we could make them bite on the Numbers.
Batter: I won't hesitate...I'll swing it through
--Cutter outside. Swinging Strike. Count 2-2
Toujou & Kane: Ok, nice pitch!
Okumura & Yui: To the same location as the previous pitch and this time it's the Cutter Kai
Fielders: Alright cornered him! Let's finish this!! It's alright to let them connect. Don't rush it. Do it like usual.
Stands & Dugout: 2 outs! Let's go!! We're watching you Sawamura-senpai!!
--flashback phrase from Sawamura: I don't want to give up even a run. Miyuki: figured, so hang in there. Sawamura: Is this the ego of a pitcher...?Just the feeling of selfishness...? No that's not it. It's not about being made to shoulder something, it's about shouldering/being responsible with myself. That's my responsibility.

Ed note: fighting spirit boiling. The determination he bears within his eyes. Ace Sawamura's evolution time!

Dec 24, 2019 10:02 PM
I'm afraid sawamura messed up here, and end up like his first match.. :(

Dec 25, 2019 3:08 AM

genisa246 said:

With 8 runs ahead and the opponent struggling to even make contact with his pitches? Highly unlikely.

Dec 25, 2019 9:35 AM

GDV said:
genisa246 said:

With 8 runs ahead and the opponent struggling to even make contact with his pitches? Highly unlikely.
Hopefully, this match would give Sawa more boost and confidence after getting the Ace jersey...

Jan 5, 2:29 AM

GDV said:
genisa246 said:

In your opinion, isn't he struggling a little to eliminate the batters? He had to use his best pitch twice

Jan 6, 7:12 AM

Salvaju29ro said:

In your opinion, isn't he struggling a little to eliminate the batters? He had to use his best pitch twice

IMO, more than struggle, it emphasizes (to Sawa) that competition is getting tougher and one can't simply dismiss anyone, even the 'weak' teams.

Jan 8, 12:17 AM

Salvaju29ro said:

No? It's actually a good sign that he spammed his best pitch to that batter 3 times and he couldn't even get a piece of his bat on it. The pitch is unhittable, he's pitching to tight corners of the zone, first he went tight in, then he went out-low the second time (with breaks to boot) so he's expanding the usage of the pitch, obtaining more control over it and making it more unhittable as a result. The 4th batter had a runner on base and that was their best chance to score and Sawamura and Miyuki went for power and it shut the door on them, making a statement with both the pitch and the spirit from the battery.

Jan 12, 4:26 AM

spoiler from 2ch, it's early so as always, take it with a grain of salt

Chapter 197: What lies ahead
Seidou scores 5 runs in the 4th inning and makes substitution to almost all of their positions beside the mid-field positions. Sawamura puts Seidou in the QF by closing out the game on the top of the 5th, the game was called.
In the post match interview, Kataoka evaluates that although he didn't feel at ease seeing how Sawamura was being too eager during the game, he hopes that the experience of Sawamura's set back in the first game and how he's pitched in this game to connect to the next one for him.
Seidou goes to watch the game between Sousei and Kowa. Sousei pitcher's forte seems to be his 2-seamer. Sousei has been famous for their defense and their ability to develop good pitcher but among all that, what stood out from their team is undoubtedly their mid-fielder, Nara who participated in the Tokyo Representative team and teamed up with Kawabata. Nara makes less flashy plays than Kawabata but he takes quite daring fielding positions (not clear what they mean by this yet).
Sawamura fell asleep on the stands due to his lack of sleep but Miyuki decides to leave him alone.

Jan 13, 7:44 AM

i am concerned.
Terajima is too good on Sawamura in this game :D

Jan 14, 11:15 PM
Thanks for spoilers, GDV. Hope everything’s OK.

Yesterday, 9:49 PM
There’s chapter 198’s spoiler on LH scan.net

Pages (32) « First ... « 30 31 [32]