Forum Settings
Forums

Do people find long running series intimidating?

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 13, 2018 5:18 PM

Jan 2016
I tend to not watch long-running anime due to their length, but they are fun to binge watch when I get around to it.
Jan 13, 2018 8:48 PM
Jun 2017
I personally don't find it intimidating, but I do put it on my Plan to Watch list and let it just stay there while I finish the shorter animes first. But I love long running series because you get to spend more time with the characters and I feel like long running series have a good chance of having a great character development with the characters.
Jan 13, 2018 9:58 PM

Aug 2017
it intimidates me because its scary and it might bite me
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 13, 2018 10:13 PM

Feb 2016
It doesn't intimidate me but I don't really pick up long runners and when I do, they tend to be at the end of my list.

I prefer going through multiple stories versus riding one story for so long. I only watch one anime at a time, so I really put off long runners for that reason as well.

I don't really pick up long runners though in general. Although, a friend recommended me Naruto not too long ago and I added it to my list. Obviously haven't gotten to it though. I don't go out of my way looking for them and kinda just brush them aside.

Although, I might look if I keep hearing enough talk like Fairy Tail. Fairy Tail didn't catch my interest though from what I recall. (I go by the synopsis)

“Don’t just mindlessly judge people as you please.” – Rin Okumura
“Your past shouldn’t stop you from achieving your goals and dreams.” – Rin Okumura
Jan 13, 2018 10:17 PM

May 2017
I used to when i was new to anime but now it's not that way ,now i only look for the animes with 24 eps at most .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 13, 2018 10:33 PM

Aug 2015
Yeah.. It's intimidating..
Even I, who watched Naruto series (excluding the world war filler), Bleach, and even caught up with One Oiece, still find long running anime scary when I starting Gintama.. Tbh I wonder how in the world I caught up with OP.. Lol XD

I'm starting to get embarrassed by my own forum signature line.. XD
Jan 14, 2018 3:48 AM

Feb 2016
I never really liked to watch long Animes back then but now I don't have a big problem with that.
Mostly because of Hunter x Hunter and Gintama.

I will not believe that everything is controlled by fate.

ll X ll
Jan 14, 2018 3:51 AM

Jun 2015
Probably not intimidating so much as a massive waste of time.

Jan 14, 2018 3:56 AM
Jul 2018
I avoid long running series. However, if something really interests me, then the more episodes it have — the better!
Jan 14, 2018 7:36 PM
Mar 2015
One Piece...that's all I have to say. I would problem never watch it just because of its length. The only thing that would get me to watch it would be if the anime was regarded as the number one anime unanimously by the community. That would obviously never happen.
Jan 14, 2018 9:49 PM

Aug 2013
I only find One Piece intimidating but in general I like watching long battle shonen anime. Long battle shonen anime for me are more worth remembering than typical short seasonal anime. Like Naruto for me is far more worth remembering than Grimgar. I can remember all the names of the main characters in Naruto but non from Grimgar even the main protagonist's name. OVA boom ovas are way better for short anime than modern late night seasonal anime anyway.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» thoughts on Chinese anime? ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ryo-san - Mar 6, 2022

220 by sodaJar »»
4 minutes ago

» angry sub only users ( 1 2 3 )

Yorda_trico - Apr 15

113 by DreamingBeats »»
6 minutes ago

Poll: » Would you be in favor of tipping Crunchyroll for every anime you complete on their platform?

Dije - Apr 16

44 by Lucifrost »»
12 minutes ago

Poll: » Hentai is the worst anime genre ever created. ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

58 by NubFix »»
13 minutes ago

» Why were children’s anime dubs so unappreciated?

funtime43_tr - Yesterday

28 by Lucifrost »»
15 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.