Forum Settings
Forums

Favorite KyoAni Anime and What are the specific things you like about them?

New
Jan 9, 2018 3:09 AM

Jun 2014
I've always been a huge fan of Kyoto Animation... It’s known for its high production values~

What is your favorite series of KyoAni? And what are the specifics thing you like about it? ( like the scenery, bgm, etc. )

Although having said that, I really don't have a favorite one. I mean look at how beautiful KyoAni is ~ but if have to say one...

it's definitely Lucky☆Star! You all might not agree, but for me Lucky☆Star has a special place in my heart

P.S I love all of their works ☆☆☆
Yowane-tanJan 9, 2018 3:47 AM
Jan 9, 2018 3:12 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Bit hard to not say Clannad After Story but other than that definitely Chuunibyou (first season at least)
Jan 9, 2018 3:12 AM

Jul 2013
I haven't watched many animes from Kyoto Animation, but if I can pick one, that would be Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu. I have never laugh that hard with a series in ages. One of the best comedic spin-offs I have ever seen.
Jan 9, 2018 3:15 AM

Oct 2015
Aaaahhhh, I remember all the characters who gave me diabetes.

I guess I'll have to go with Hyouka, K-On, Haruhi, Kobayashi and Fullmetal Panic.

But if you ask me what is top one, then Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid. Something that isn't a glossy moe anime by KyoAni? Yes.

𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔫𝔞 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠𝔥 𝔶𝔬𝔲,
𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔱𝔦𝔫' 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱𝔥 𝔞𝔩𝔩 𝔪𝔶 𝔪𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱

Jan 9, 2018 3:18 AM

Aug 2017
Mine is probably Hyouka, though I also really like Koe no Karachi and Chuunibyou
Jan 9, 2018 3:20 AM

Jan 2013
K-on is the masterpiece of moe.
Anime industry might as well stop trying.
Jan 9, 2018 3:20 AM

Apr 2012
So many great anime. But nothing else matches the impact of the original Haruhi series. The amount of creative energy in that show is overwhelming.
Jan 9, 2018 3:27 AM

Mar 2015
ironically, out of their anime, the one that i legitemitely enjoying is Nichijou...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jan 9, 2018 3:29 AM

Jun 2014
logopolis said:
So many great anime. But nothing else matches the impact of the original Haruhi series. The amount of creative energy in that show is overwhelming.
Yes! Haruhi Series was one of the best! I Remember singing God Knows and Lost my music with my sister. Fun old days!
Jan 9, 2018 3:30 AM

Apr 2013
The hilarious Nichijou just edges out The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.
Jan 9, 2018 3:36 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
Definitely hibike/sound euphonium.
Jan 9, 2018 3:37 AM

Jun 2013
Let's start the circlejerk! I like Full Metal Panic, K-On!, After Story, Nichijou and of course Koe no Katachi. Yeah they don't mess around when creating anime. High production value is to be expected. I do hope they make/adapt some more action-oriented stuff again. FMP 2nd Raid and Fumoffu were great.
Jan 9, 2018 3:50 AM

Jul 2015
Chunibyou
The only one who didn't bore me to death
Jan 9, 2018 3:51 AM
Sep 2016
Hyouka,Kyoukai no Kanata,Koe no Katachi and Chuunibyou.I love these very very very much.Also there are alot of animes from Kyoto Animation that I haven't watched them but I added them to my PTW list and I'm sure that I will love them very much after I watch.
Jan 9, 2018 3:54 AM
Jan 2018
Yowane-tan said:
I've always been a huge fan of Kyoto Animation... It’s known for its high production values~

What is your favorite series of KyoAni? And what are the specifics thing you like about it? ( like the scenery, bgm, etc. )

Although having said that, I really don't have a favorite one. I mean look at how beautiful KyoAni is ~ but if have to say one...

it's definitely Lucky☆Star! You all might not agree, but for me Lucky☆Star has a special place in my heart

P.S I love all of their works ☆☆☆

That's definitely my favorite too and have a special place in my heart not to mention it was my first KyoAni anime <3

I love all the anime they made and is clearly one of my top favorite studios >w<
Jan 9, 2018 4:14 AM

Mar 2016
Clannad: Mou Hitotsu no Sekai, Tomoyo-hen - I love this ova, for me, this far better than the main story in the anime(I didn't play the VN) I really felt the emotions and I felt pitiful to the MC who's trying hard to become acceptable into the society.

Hyouka -this is really good, but the open-ending is kinda underwhelming

Maid Dragon - I'm a fan of Cool-Kyou Shinsha's work, and the anime perfectly adapted it

Nichijou - Funny, cheap comedy but still makes me laugh, gif gold mine

I haven't seen it but I've already read the manga but people says it's good: Koe no Kitachi
youseikiJan 9, 2018 4:19 AM
Jan 9, 2018 4:18 AM

Feb 2017
Hyouka, good story telling as novel, consistent on quality,we can see them put all effort and love for making it.

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Jan 9, 2018 4:20 AM

Feb 2013
yay lucky star

watched it for the konata memes, stayed for the moe

the anime that got me into moe/sol.. so nostalgic
Jan 9, 2018 4:21 AM

May 2010
Easily Clannad: After Story, as it's one of my favourite series of all time. Then again, I loved pretty much all of their stuff up until Hyouka aired, and they went into adapting mainly mediocre light novels. After that they made a looot of "meh" anime I didn't enjoy as much, sadly [*]

But I'll always remember and enjoy most of their older series, they are just this good, no matter how many years have passed.
Jan 9, 2018 4:25 AM

Jul 2013
It's hard to choose which one is my favorite but I always love the micro expressions/reactions their characters make.
Jan 9, 2018 4:29 AM
Jul 2018
Most definitely Haruhi - the main series, movie, and spinoff.
And Yuki is best girl.
Jan 9, 2018 4:31 AM
Jul 2018
Hyouka. What I like about it: atmosphere and background music. Oh, and Fuyumi Irisu, because she is so charming.
removed-userJan 9, 2018 4:24 PM
Jan 9, 2018 5:45 AM

Nov 2017
haruhi, i always thought it was perfectly done, i can't find one mistake in it
Jan 9, 2018 5:47 AM

Jun 2016
Violet Evergarden because I got an exclusive preview of the first episode.

Huehuehuehue.

Jan 9, 2018 5:53 AM

Jul 2016
Clannad is the only thing I've ever really liked from them as I don't really care for moe slice of life stuff but Violet Evergarden sounds like it will be good.
Jan 9, 2018 5:57 AM
Nov 2013
I guess I would go with Nichijou, if it's to pick just one. The anime is brilliant, just brilliant. I love this:

Haruhi strikes me as well, even though the second season is terrible. Okay, it's been a very long time since I watched, so I guess I should rewatch to judge more properly. The movie was splendid as well...

Jan 9, 2018 6:00 AM

Jul 2016
nichijou and k-on!
fun and cutesy stuff. and definitely stupid at times.

though there is quite a number of BOTH good and bad shows... hehe

"If beautiful women don’t celebrate their beauty, the entire human race loses out. Don’t you agree?”—Sonya

ƒ ♥♥
Jan 9, 2018 6:34 AM

Feb 2010
Nichijou is my highest rated TV Series by them and ngl why I love the crazy comedy scenes and relaxed atmosphere in that show the reason why it's 9/10 instead of 10/10 is mostly the insane animation quality. The show is a constant visual treat that just doesn't really have (m)any equals in all of TV anime. Truly superb. I find it very charming how KyoAni just throws out tons of budget just to have fun. It translates into the viewing experience imo. You can feel how little fucks they gave and how they just had fun.

I also loved the Koe no Katachi movie for its emotions and characters and interactions and everything. Very touching movie with an awesome cast.
I probably regret this post by now.
Jan 9, 2018 6:37 AM

Aug 2016
Entry wise, it is Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya. I thought the movie was well constructed story. I enjoyed Kyon's monologues, the animation, the soundtrack, new look haruhi (+bonus Ponytail clip), and that twist with ryoko

Franchise wise, it is k-on. All characters were likeable, the things they would do other than practice music prevented repetition , has a great ending, their interactions with each other were entertaining, humor was spot on, and obviously music was good
MechKingKillbotJan 9, 2018 6:40 AM
Jan 9, 2018 6:55 AM

Aug 2013
Hibike Euphonium, a very underrated anime. Amazing characters, soundtrack and don't get me started in the glorious visual apeal. Different from others slice of life animes, hibike tell us a story, we are going somewhere and the relation between each one is spot on.
Jan 9, 2018 7:00 AM

Apr 2013
I haven't watched that many by them, but the most enjoyable for me was Amagi Brillant Park. Though Nichijou is also great.
Jan 9, 2018 7:03 AM

Nov 2016
Being my favorite studio. 4 of my favorite are even done by KyoAni. It's enough for me that it brought Clannad Afterstory.
Most of their works are rounding about Slice of Life which is one my favorite genres as well.

I love how the always work hard for their projects in all aspects. Furthermore, their current policy of adaption choices is amazing.
Jan 9, 2018 7:05 AM

Aug 2015
They've got a lot of good stuff, but Nichijou is definitely my favorite
Jan 9, 2018 7:06 AM

Apr 2015
Eupho is u n d e r r a t e d
Well at least S1 is

Just look at it, damn
EP5 and EP8
Jan 9, 2018 7:22 AM

Nov 2007
I have seen everything KyoAni produced so far apart from Munto.

My Top 3 TV Series from them are:

3. Nichijou
2. Hibike Euphonium S2
1. Clannad After Story

My Top 3 Movies from them are:

3. Koe no Katachi
2. Tamako Love Story
1. Suzumiya Haruhi no Shoushitsu

What I love about KyotoAnimation are their stories are character driven and you see a lot of character development throughout their anime. You really start seeing the bond the characters form throughout the story. Animation aside, their level of attention to details is probably unmatched in the anime industry. Also, they know how to relate human emotions with small gestures, like a subtle movement or how their surroundings can be seen as taking form of the characters' state of mind. They have a unique way of directing which I really like.

Other franchises I really adored are K-On!, Hyouka, Air, Amagi Brilliant Park, Kanon, Kobayashi-san Chi, Suzumiya Haruhi and Chuunibyou. I also liked Tamako Market, Free!, Kyoukai no Kanata, Full Metal Panic and Lucky Star.

The only anime I didn't really enjoy from them is Musaigen no Phantom World which was supposed to be their adaptation of one of the darkest LNs ever yet they turned it into a fanservice anime.

Looking forward to Violet Evergarden, Liz to Aoi Tori, 2-nensei ni Natta, Take On Me and Tsurune. And whenever they plan to announce Robot Heart Update to be animated.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jan 9, 2018 8:41 AM

Aug 2010
I saw every freaking KyoAni anime available for piracy (with 1 or 2 not included), and I must say the best thing they ever did to the world was Hyouka.

Well, it's not for everyone, but fuck them.
Jan 9, 2018 8:41 AM

Feb 2016
Hyouka, why? because of the Novel :v
Jan 9, 2018 11:41 AM

Apr 2017
I haven't watched too many shows from koyani but koe no katachi is my current favourite.

It's too heartwarming and meaningful.

"elles sont bien noires
les pensées des nuits blanches"

Jan 9, 2018 11:44 AM

May 2016
Hibike! Euphonium. It is the absolute best high school drama anime has yet offered me, and it's one of KyoAni's best-looking titles, to boot.

This glorious signature image was created by @Mayumi!

I am the Arbiter of Absolute Truth, and here is my wisdom:

"Anime was always influenced by the West. This is not news.
Shoujo is the superior genre primarily aimed at young people.
Harem/isekai are lazy genres that refuse any meaningful innovation.
There is no 'Golden Age.' There will always be top-shelf anime.
You should be watching Carole & Tuesday."
Jan 9, 2018 1:13 PM
Jul 2018
My favorite would probably be between: Kobayashi, Chuunibyou, Free!, Clannad and Hyouka.
Jan 9, 2018 1:18 PM

Sep 2017
lucky star because i relate to konata on a spiritual level and she was my waifu for a good few months
oh, nichijou is cool too
Edward Elric > your waifu

Jan 9, 2018 1:28 PM

Jan 2017
Clannad and After Story they are just great story telling. I am just mad that it took me to 2017 to finally watch it.
Jan 9, 2018 1:51 PM

Jun 2016
hmm I know koe no katachi is my fav movie from them if I had to choose series I'd say clannad after story man that bad boy was sad af then they kinda back scaled it with some events but regardless clanna after story
Jan 9, 2018 2:20 PM
Sep 2007
To this day I'm disgusted with Clannad, and its message how it's okay to abuse someone just because that person acts silly, or stupid sometimes...
I'm talking about Yohei Sunohara, btw, and how everyone treated him as garbage...

I even removed all Clannad titles that I had on my list, because I just didn't want to remind myself how sad I was watching all that abuse, which was far more shocking than some more known sad scenes from series.

It made me avoid KyoAni, but I did decide to watch Nichijo, as well as Kobayashi's Maid Dragon, and both were pretty nice.

More topics from this board

» is ur fave genre ur most watched genre ?

ame - 44 seconds ago

0 by ame »»
44 seconds ago

» Upcoming Dubbed Anime ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kenny_Stryker - Dec 17, 2017

9063 by anime-prime »»
3 minutes ago

» Does being an anime fan make you proud or embarassed?

BuddhaIsBetter - 11 hours ago

32 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » do you consider hate on your favorites an attack on you personally?

deg - 8 hours ago

17 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
7 minutes ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

62 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
9 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.