Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Teasing Master Takagi-san
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 8, 2018 6:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Now that's a funny episode.

For most parts, I like Nishikata and Takagi's character chemistry so far. It really didnt take long at all for Nishikata to get teased in class. Takagi is also really good at getting Nishikata's attention lul

The lighthearted soundtrack works well so far for this show imo. Character expressions sells the comedy pretty well especially for Nishikata. This should be a fun ride.
Jan 8, 2018 6:52 AM

Jun 2013
Damn! Takagi-chan is so cute. Fun episode today indeed.

vicexxvJan 8, 2018 7:00 AM
Kitan~!
Jan 8, 2018 7:06 AM
Dec 2017
God dammit where yall watching this anime
Jan 8, 2018 7:29 AM

May 2009
Since it's not short I know now people will have stupid expectations. DO NOT EXPECT ANY PROGRESS.
Just watch it as stories of girl teasing/grooming boy. He never wins.
Also beware of shitposters lying about ntr. There is no such thing.

Btw, really you should read the manga, it got so popular recently it got spin off about mother teasing her daughter
Jan 8, 2018 7:36 AM
Haruna Sairenji

Jan 2017
Goddess takagi is finally animated and she is even cuter then b4! I think they worked the minutes well. It was the only thing I was a bit worried about, but they did a good job with it. Like Stark already mentioned the expressions sell the comedy in a really good way. OP & ED are a nice & Takagi's VA fits well. Let the teasing begin!
bastek66 said:
Btw, really you should read the manga, it got so popular recently it got spin off about mother teasing her daughter
Yeah people should read this. Both are really funny and a nice read.
Jan 8, 2018 7:37 AM

Nov 2008
Takagi is really adorable, however some of her teasing could've been predicted or even prevented by Nishikata by not engaging with her at that time (she's basically a light troll in real life), for example I knew that she was hiding behind the curtains for example, that trick is old as hell.

Jan 8, 2018 7:39 AM

Apr 2014
I have been waiting for the Manga to have an Anime adaptation for a long time now. Episode 1 was a really fun episode and I can't wait for the next episode just to see Takagi and Nishikata's cute antics.
Jan 8, 2018 7:53 AM
Aug 2017
Watching right now via Animax. I must say, its a fun show. Haven't got myself reading the manga yet but the anime adaptation alone seems promising.

It definitely has that Tonari no Seki-kun vibe. Can't wait for ep. 2!
Jan 8, 2018 8:07 AM

Jul 2017
Only a little longer until the official subs are released, but I can confidently say this based off of my prediction and the reactions from this thread...

Takagi has saved anime.

Hoppy said:
Takagi is really adorable, however some of her teasing could've been predicted or even prevented by Nishikata by not engaging with her at that time (she's basically a light troll in real life), for example I knew that she was hiding behind the curtains for example, that trick is old as hell.

Sorry, the user you are looking for is not available at the moment. You are currently reading text generated by APSAB or "Auto-Programmed-Signature-Mataining-Bot" (patent pending).

ERROR CODE 1979-NIPUL-W3EB
Please Install the Latest Version of MAL.OS as Some Features of Certain Signatures May Not Appear Correctly. You are currently running MAL.OS.V4. Click here to download MAL.OS.V5.

APSAB Version: Beta.99

"If Seinfeld isn't your favorite anime, then you aren't watching anime correctly."
- Me

Jan 8, 2018 8:53 AM
Jul 2016
to readers of manga
in the chapters set in the future are they together?
Jan 8, 2018 8:58 AM
Jul 2012
remiska said:
to readers of manga
in the chapters set in the future are they together?

But anyways as for the episode just as expected hopefully the anime is 2cour though.
Jan 8, 2018 9:15 AM

Oct 2015
It finally here <3 let the smug girl prank begin!
Jan 8, 2018 9:23 AM

Jan 2012
that was cute af 10/10
Jan 8, 2018 9:34 AM

Jun 2015
This was a funny and cute episode. Nishikata and Takagi trying to tease each other was fun to watch. Takagi won so many times. She's quite good at teasing. They have some really good chemistry. Looking forward to see more.
Jan 8, 2018 9:50 AM
Jul 2017
So will this turn into a more traditional romcom after a couple of episodes? Looks like it judging by the OP. Of not it will get really reepedative after a while if teasing and pranks are 95% of the content.
bastek66 said:
Since it's not short I know now people will have stupid expectations. DO NOT EXPECT ANY PROGRESS.
Just watch it as stories of girl teasing/grooming boy. He never wins.
Also beware of shitposters lying about ntr. There is no such thing.

A chapter set in the future you say, will we see that in the anime. And a quick question from someone who doesnt care about spoilers, will they enter a relationship at some point if so will we see it in the anime??
Jan 8, 2018 9:51 AM

Sep 2016
24 minutes is way too long for this repetitive vanilla prank stuff
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jan 8, 2018 9:52 AM
Nov 2017
Hatcha said:
How long are the episodes lads?

23 minutes based off this one. though the last two-three minutes were given to the 3 girl classmates.

They basically covered 3 of the short stories from the manga within the episode.

GangsterCat said:
24 minutes is way too long for this repetitive vanilla prank stuff

As a big fan of the manga, I almost agree with you a bit. The pacing felt a little weird, and I almost want to say that this would have worked better being only 12 minute episodes. But screw it, I'll gladly take 24 minutes of this each week.

Jan 2017
Cute story, cute characters, cute art and cute show overall.

I thought i didn't quite like Yukine/Eren's seiyuu for Nishikata (basically thought it was a bit more like a grown up) but i was surprised to find myself reaaally enjoying his monologues.

I was also super curious as to how they will adapt this into anime since it consist basically on short cute stories, but it was paced really nice and transitions were done in a very subtle way.

If anything, even if i like Takagi's seiyuu acting i find her laugh to feel a bit too faked.

Of course, music and animation wise is just great! Probably one of the things i see myself enjoying the most on this season ^^
SEIZON SENRYAKU: Hungry 100% of the time.
Vzla-IT

Jul 2012
That was quite good, thought it would be funnier but probably because already had read manga before.
Jan 8, 2018 9:58 AM

May 2010
This should have been 4 minutes max per episode. .
Jan 8, 2018 9:59 AM

Sep 2015
The anime adaptation of Takagi San is pretty good. I would have preferred that the voice actors were younger, but the overall execution of each chapter is well done. The gags Takagi puts up still make me smile and chuckle. The slower pacing of the anime allows me to relax and enjoy Takagi-San, while also not having too much tension when it comes to Nishikata's thinking process. I think there is enough overall stimulation for everyone to like the two main characters.
BluePikmin11Jan 8, 2018 10:04 AM
Jan 8, 2018 10:01 AM

Nov 2014
She was born as a prankster.
Jan 8, 2018 10:05 AM

Jul 2017
I just watched with official subs and all I can say is... I loved it! I don't think an episode of anime has ever been able to keep a smile on my face for the entire episode! I don't want to write a real review of it since it's only been one episode, so here's my condensed version:

Story - They picked the more "standard" chapters from the manga to adapt in the first episode, which is what I expected them to do.

Animation - I don't think it has a huge budget, but it certainly gets the job done. The scenery looks really nice though.

Sound - The opening and ending are great, and even the background music was pleasant and noteworthy.

Characters - Like many others have said, the chemistry is great.

Enjoyment - I adored it. Enough said.

So yeah, I'm definitely going to watch all of it! It portrays the manga wonderfully!

And a quick question from someone who doesnt care about spoilers, will they enter a relationship at some point if so will we see it in the anime??

Answer to this:
Sorry, the user you are looking for is not available at the moment. You are currently reading text generated by APSAB or "Auto-Programmed-Signature-Mataining-Bot" (patent pending).

Please Install the Latest Version of MAL.OS as Some Features of Certain Signatures May Not Appear Correctly. You are currently running MAL.OS.V4. Click here to download MAL.OS.V5.

"If Seinfeld isn't your favorite anime, then you aren't watching anime correctly."
- Me

Jan 8, 2018 10:11 AM
Dec 2017
i'm gonna be short. I'm a big fan of the manga; Liked the adaptation; found a little slow paced (almost getting bored because not only being the same scenario, i read the manga recently); i really think it could be better if the show was a little more creative with their reactions, just like shaft do with shows like sayonara zetsubou sensei or monogatari; i think the show could be better if it was in the hands of kyoto animation and Yamada Naoko.

But enjoyed what i've seen, looking foward for sakuga over the top animation.
Jan 8, 2018 10:12 AM

Jul 2014
Finally! great start, really a big fan of this manga!
Now if only
"Grand Blue" and "Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen"
gets their well deserved adaptation too.

Seems some people are complaining about this being 24mints long, I for one welcome it, you can never go wrong with more Takagi san.
Jan 8, 2018 10:17 AM

Nov 2007
It reminds me of Tonari no Seki-kun a bit. It contains 4 short stories in one ep. Is it just me, or Takagi-san pisses me off somehow (while Nishikata cares too much about his pride about get back on Takagi-san, who is not worthy of care for). Right at first ep. the three characters from "spin-off" is here. I might marathon it later.

Takagi-san sings cover for Ikimonogakari's 2008 song as ED.
http://takagi3.me/goods/music_ed.php
Also, 12 eps. total.
http://takagi3.me/goods/vol6.php
tsubasaloverJan 8, 2018 8:01 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 8, 2018 10:18 AM

Sep 2016
I didn't expect the animation to be this good. It's super expressive and almost constantly moving fluidly. Yuki kaji's performance sounds like how he voiced koiichi in jojo's part 4, which is good. I just hope this won't get too repetitive and that they'll manage to come up with fresh gags for the whole season.
Jan 8, 2018 10:21 AM

Jun 2015
That was a really good start and as a fan of the manga I'm not disappointed. Looking forward to the next episodes.
Jan 8, 2018 10:31 AM

Mar 2016
The anime definitely improved the art, I dropped the manga when I first saw it (2015 I think), I felt kinda insulted on the one-sided winning streak of teasing, but now, after watching the episode, it was definitely worth to watch and read, but I'll stick to the anime and I'll just read the manga after the season ends.

-Stray said:
Now if only
gets their well deserved adaptation too..

I would really love to see it if that happens, especially both series are funny with a good characterization.

Jan 8, 2018 10:40 AM

Dec 2011
I don't usually watch such cutesy shows, but this one somehow caught my attention (maybe it's the animation because I gotta admit it's pretty well done).

After watching this episode I'm afraid it's going be too repetitive though – 24 minutes for such content is a bit tiring. But even though I haven't read the manga yet, I trust you, the ones who are so enthusiastic about it, and I'll give this series a shot. Hopefully it will be worth watching.
Jan 8, 2018 10:44 AM
Jul 2018
Ah, yes, middle school. Takes me back. My relationship with girls was at its worst. I got framed for sexual harassment, scarring me from ever trusting a human female ever. I couldn't talk to any of my crushes. All the girls ignored me. It was when I learned that that was the time when girls went from adorable and innocent to cold, teasing, cruel, and emotionally scarring beings.

So I really relate to the main character.
There hasn't been a comedy anime that uses teasing humour like this, yet. Even though this didn't make me laugh, I like how the humour is more down-to-earth, than just the characters screaming a lot.

@Kyoris

Yeah, I feel like this anime should've been 4 minute shorts.
Jan 8, 2018 10:48 AM

Sep 2013
Nagatoro-san is better, that said it was a decent start.
Takagi keeps one upping nishitaka.
Jan 8, 2018 11:02 AM

Aug 2017
Longer timing that I expected.

This manga reminded me of seki-kun only with some sort of romance in between. Definitely I will watch the adaptation until the end.
Jan 8, 2018 11:10 AM

Oct 2017
Takagi-san is really the GOAT of teasing. The eraser scenes were just pure gold.
"What a Player, what a Champion here at Wimbledon, the first man to win 8 Championships."
Andrew Castle on Roger Federer winning his 19th Grand Slam title.
Jan 8, 2018 11:12 AM

Dec 2011

I'm really happy to finally watch the animation adaptation and it's really good :)
Jan 8, 2018 11:16 AM

Dec 2015

-Stray said:
Now if only

Seems some people are complaining about this being 24mints long, I for one welcome it, you can never go wrong with more Takagi san.

Yeah I do wonder whats taking em so long to make Grand Blue or Kaguya into an anime. Also Neverland.
Hopefully 2018 all these three or atleast one of em will get an anime.
Jan 8, 2018 11:28 AM
Dec 2012
NOT SMUG ENOUGH!!! but cute af indeed...
:v
Jan 8, 2018 11:39 AM

Jan 2012
Well that was wonderful. As a reader of the source material I'd say it recreated the feel of it very nicely. Should be a great watch every week. And I already suspect how they'll end it too. :)
Jan 8, 2018 11:41 AM

Jul 2013
aw man i really wanted to like this, the art is so cute :( i just couldn't help but be irritated though. i don't feel as if i was given any reason to like the girl other than the fact that she looks cute. she just comes across as quite smug to me... idk i just don't enjoy this dynamic at all. :/

on top of that it was hard to enjoy when i constantly had to suspend my disbelief - the idea that the guy can NEVER, EVER get his own back on her, or that the teacher magically never hears or notices her also goofing around.

idk i know it's just a slice of life/romcom so it's Not That Deep but it was too irritating for me.
Jan 8, 2018 11:42 AM

Mar 2016
Basically the manga animated, which should be obvious, but I can't describe it any other way. Perhaps my expectations were a little too high.
Jan 8, 2018 11:44 AM

Mar 2012
This romcom is funny and cute hat I thought it would be.
I'm already enjoying the chemistry between Nishikata and Takagi a lot.

Credit to Hihanteki
Jan 8, 2018 11:45 AM

Oct 2014
Ah my heart... <3

Yeah, pacing is a bit too slow for the jokes to hit perfectly, but it's fine.
It's still good as it is.
The only thing missing... yeah, I think we all need more Takagi smug.
Jan 8, 2018 11:47 AM

Jul 2017
Kyoris said:
I don't usually watch such cutesy shows, but this one somehow caught my attention (maybe it's the animation because I gotta admit it's pretty well done).

After watching this episode I'm afraid it's going be too repetitive though – 24 minutes for such content is a bit tiring. But even though I haven't read the manga yet, I trust you, the ones who are so enthusiastic about it, and I'll give this series a shot. Hopefully it will be worth watching.

Let me assure you, if it's anything like the manga, it won't be getting old. The characters have such great chemistry that any situation they're in will never be boring. I've read the manga, and was so invested that I read 70 chapters in one night. I don't regret it.

Believe it or not, there is some development. It won't be anything major, but heartwarming nevertheless.

- Me

Jan 8, 2018 11:52 AM

Jul 2017
fishpun said:
aw man i really wanted to like this, the art is so cute :( i just couldn't help but be irritated though. i don't feel as if i was given any reason to like the girl other than the fact that she looks cute. she just comes across as quite smug to me... idk i just don't enjoy this dynamic at all. :/

on top of that it was hard to enjoy when i constantly had to suspend my disbelief - the idea that the guy can NEVER, EVER get his own back on her, or that the teacher magically never hears or notices her also goofing around.

idk i know it's just a slice of life/romcom so it's Not That Deep but it was too irritating for me.

VERY slight spoilers, nothing specific though:

However, I do believe that it's still worth watching. I've read the manga, and there are still plenty of twists and turns ahead. There will be situations that these characters will be put in that you won't expect.

The scenarios you saw them in today were rather basic. The majority of today's episode was based on earlier chapters. The later chapters were much more charming and funny (not to say the beginning was bad).

I'd say to still give it a chance. Also, there will be some (albeit slight and very minor) development that will ultimately lead to some heartwarming moments that you won't want to miss.

- Me

Jan 8, 2018 11:56 AM

Apr 2016
Damn, Takagi was cute af..
It was better than expected.
Jan 8, 2018 11:57 AM
Nov 2016
I had no expectations going into this because I practically didn't know anything about it. I had read the synopsis and the PV a while ago but I had forgotten what the anime was about.

This episode was a lot of fun to watch. The jokes, they're predictable but they always make you smile. The character chemistry between Nishikata and Takagi is on point. This should be a nice show.
Jan 8, 2018 11:59 AM
ehhhhhh

Jun 2016
I must be the weird one who thinks that this episode flew by. I actually fell over on my couch laughing (and I'm even snickering a little just thinking about it to post this) at the end of Funny Face. That whole episode was gold. As someone with absolutely zero knowledge or expectations going in, I'm extremely delighted that I chose to watch this.
I'm no Weeaboo
I'm Katsura
Jan 8, 2018 12:18 PM

Jan 2016
This was..............

Perfection
Jan 8, 2018 12:34 PM

May 2009
-Stray said:
Now if only

Grand Blue won't get anime because it has too much underage drinking (legal age is 20 in Japan and main cast are ~18-19)
Jan 8, 2018 12:43 PM

Dec 2011
@zamandzoe then I have no other choice but to take your word for it. By the way, I've got to admit that you actually made me anticipate another episode of this show. We'll see what the producers have in store for us.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2018

150 by AnimeXPapi »»
Mar 28, 8:48 PM

Poll: » Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2018

216 by _untitled »»
Mar 18, 4:22 AM

Poll: » Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2018

81 by _untitled »»
Mar 16, 4:51 AM

Poll: » Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2018

90 by _untitled »»
Mar 16, 4:50 AM

Poll: » Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2018

62 by _untitled »»
Mar 15, 6:59 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.