Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jan 8, 2018 4:05 PM
Mar 2013
Kougeru said:
I love how offended people seem to get over "loli" anime. lol. Not even real people, yo. I kinda doubt the people posting here hating on it because of "pedophilia" have even watched the show. There wasn't even anything really sexual except dude falling in one scene - the thing that happens in basically every anime. And fun fact, in all of those anime the girls are underage but ya'll okay with that just cuz they're 14 instead.

Well, I don't lust after 10-year old kids myself, so I don't find a naked kid overly sexualized.

Reverse the logic and apply to the people you mentioned. There you go.

Edit: Without seeing any in-depth character development, comparing this to 3-Gatsu would be pointless. And I don't think it's going to be anything close in any aspect.
Captain_KirkJan 8, 2018 4:09 PM
Jan 8, 2018 4:41 PM

Apr 2013
As expected, many people kinda allergic to this kind of shows. Imo, it's a good premiere. Gave me Oreimo vibe in a good way. The characters are pretty likable, good animation and art. I do think the premise itself has some questionable aspects, but overall, pretty entertaining show with many potential
Jan 8, 2018 4:53 PM

Apr 2016
Naked loli? This anime is definitely for me.
Jan 8, 2018 5:18 PM

May 2015
Aside from the fanservice, this was a really entertaining first episode.

Jan 8, 2018 5:44 PM
Feb 2013
Since I'm not anime elitist and I watch anime for entertaining. This show gave me what I want so I'll keep watching it.

Is this show take Shogi lightly or not you can't tell it with just one episode but either way is fine by me.
silentwayJan 8, 2018 5:54 PM
Jan 8, 2018 5:52 PM

Jan 2011
The loli bait is cringe but the rest is decent enough.
Jan 8, 2018 6:15 PM

Jan 2011
hearing this is actually regarded highly depiction of shogi from pros triggers the hell out of me ,since i was hoping that was the case and thinking it was gonna be genuine but then they throw all this loli bait trash in the first episode c'mon! like besides all that stuff this seems okay i just don't see how you can look at that stuff and not consider it pandering i guess on the plus side they balance it out with all those other players.

this isn't my jam but ill stick around to see if it gets better or worse
Jan 8, 2018 6:20 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
all the closet lolicons voting "disliked it" and "hated it" >.>

hold this fucking L..

keep lewding the lolis :D
Jan 8, 2018 6:29 PM

Apr 2009
Nope! Nope! Nope! Nope! Nope!

I'm sorry, but NOPE! This is exactly what I feared this show would be: a rip-off "3-gatsu no Lion" with some loli-harem bullshit thrown in to drown out how ridiculous this premise is. I did a triple-take when it was revealed that this girl was able to engage him even though she's a grade schooler and has only been playing for 3 months.
I call bullshit!

I was even willing to put up with it, but the nude fight at the door killed it for me.
Jan 8, 2018 7:32 PM

Oct 2007
The mess that's Shion no Ou, typical Shaft bullshit, and now this. Will there ever be a half-decent shogi anime?
Jan 8, 2018 7:32 PM

Sep 2015
These trolls disgust me, but even so, I don't think this is nearly as good as March comes in like a Lion. There was some new flavors added in to make it interesting, but there was also a lot of subsequent light novel bullshit, and I hope it grows out of that. 3/5 I guess.
Jan 8, 2018 7:33 PM

Jan 2015
jlutholtz said:

I'm sorry, but NOPE! This is exactly what I feared this show would be: a rip-off "3-gatsu no Lion" with some loli-harem bullshit thrown in to drown out how ridiculous this premise is. I did a triple-take when it was revealed that this girl was able to engage him even though she's a grade schooler and has only been playing for 3 months.
I call bullshit!

I was even willing to put up with it, but the nude fight at the door killed it for me.

i think you shouldnt underestimate it, its supported by shogi association in japan and its the top light novel? Anyway dont drop it right now, this is the type of anime where ep 1 is misleading and its actually amazing.
Also its evident that the girl is a genius, well you know there are some people who has innate talent to something, like how someone can combine the hardest numbers together despite not knowing math that well.
Jan 8, 2018 7:37 PM

Mar 2014
ummm delicious loli oh I should claim at first that i am not a lolicon anyway
Jan 8, 2018 8:39 PM

Oct 2008
What a very very good start!
Yaichi & Ginko is definitely better than Kiriyama! lolz
I wonder who is this show's Meijin?
So we have here an adorable loli who just started shogi 3 months ago but cornered an 8th-dan? wow! pretty impressive for me, if she continue playing shogi with a great master-disciple, she'll overtake MC lolz!
Ginko looks like a terrifying bossy sadist!
LOL at Ai's yandere eyes!
great rivalry between AI & Ginko! lolz
Lol I easily recognized the voice of Yaichi's master! is it genjou sanzou?
OMG Keika's hot!
LOL! Ayumu feels like he's Nikaidou and VA is also the same! Its Okamoto Nobuhiko! and he's like a Chuuni! lolz
5/5.

Jan 8, 2018 9:28 PM

Aug 2014
Oh no, nude loli. Guess I have to keep watching now. Shogi Association said so.
Sieg Zeon!
Jan 8, 2018 9:41 PM

Aug 2013
Ai chan was fucking adorable and hilarious. The pouty and sad faces were great.

I was losing it when she went all random yandere, and then when she didnt back down when when the other girl started shit talking and calling her a brat. She just tossed the most whimiscal childish comebacks at her and made her snap. Its hilarious watching her use her childish mindset to just ruin any argument.

I see a lot of hardcore debating on comparing this to 3-gatsu. I'm not going to compare the shogi explanations since we're only on episode 1. Why people are trying to make that comparison already is fucking ridiculous. You're trying to compare the shogi scenes of a show that will have almost 50 fucking episodes by the end of winter to a show that literally aired its first episode today. Calm the fuck down.

As for what can be compared so far? 3-gatsu's side elements revolve around coming of age moments, reality of bullying, family life, with lots of melancholy and brooding. I heavily enjoy 3-gatsu as a whole, but its no exaggeration to say 99% of the characters are about as exciting as a wet paper bag and are always dealing with some kind of "oh woe is me" moment.

Meanwhile this show seems to focus more on how colorful and eccentric it's main and supporting cast of characters are. And the atmosphere quite blatantly seems to be more cheery and comedic. That's open to change down the road depending on what kind of personalities the other shogi player characters have, but thats at least the first impression the show tries to give.

Also notice how the people hating on the show already and making blanket accusations of loli bait are legit all the same kind of person? Unironically also the only ones on here sexualizing a 9 year old girl...are them. None of the people who watched the show and liked it gave a rats ass about 4 seconds of a naked kid that didnt show anything.
Jan 8, 2018 10:04 PM
Jul 2018
I regret i expect similar quality with "3-gatsu no Lion", but i'll give this anime a chance.
Jan 8, 2018 10:23 PM

Aug 2013
all these loliphobic people in the first page lol

this actually not that bad, good visual & ost
nice storytelling and comedy
likeable personality of the loli girl

well I'm in
Jan 8, 2018 10:38 PM

Sep 2017
The light novel sold really good, so I'm hoping that it's not just another lolli bate.
『Re:ゼロから始める異世界生活』  Luv Re;zero   

Jan 8, 2018 11:00 PM

Oct 2015
well lets see a lil bit more before judging it at that level, yes its pretty much filled with lolis and they probably arent gonna do too much for the show, I'm more interested in the other characters thats where the hope lies, I really really hope that this doesn't turn into a loliesque show please!!

also I don't know if real shogi is that liberal with the dressing and stuff but well- who knows

3-gatsu >>>>> this (even if it turns out to be entertaining)
Jan 8, 2018 11:35 PM
Nov 2017
matias067 said:

LOL! Ayumu feels like he's Nikaidou and VA is also the same! Its Okamoto Nobuhiko! and he's like a Chuuni! lolz

The trash talk between he and Ai was my favorite bit. I can't wait for them to have a match against each other.
Jan 8, 2018 11:37 PM

Mar 2009
It's funny how little sister(eromanga) and loli anime are making a return. That trend was gone for a long time, and suddenly, out of nowhere, they've been trying to make some kind of comeback.
Jan 9, 2018 12:05 AM

Apr 2015
O god, the MC really really looks like an 'MC'
Not complainin

Not fair to Ryuuou to keep comparing in to Sangatsu, they're just different things, so I'm not gonna mention it on Ryuuou threads from now on

Guess it's okay from time to time to see some rather traditional LN fare, I enjoyed it more than I thought I would
Jan 9, 2018 12:19 AM

Sep 2011
Artur_Moreira said:
Yoruka93 said:
This looks good, unlike that Sangatsu no Lion melodrama fest.

Please don't compare this shit to sangatsu...
Sangatsu wasn't even good. Over-the-top melodrama lmao.
Jan 9, 2018 12:36 AM

Apr 2016
Tyrel said:
Artur_Moreira said:

Please don't compare this shit to sangatsu...

Sangatsu is melodrama ? comon man, than what is Angel Beats! then... thats just no.
Jan 9, 2018 12:38 AM

May 2014
That naked loli scene turned into a naked yandere loli scene.
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Jan 9, 2018 12:43 AM

Sep 2011
Swagernator said:
Tyrel said:

Sangatsu is melodrama ? comon man, than what is Angel Beats! then... thats just no.
I watched Angel Beats back in 2011, aka when I started anime. If you think I'd rate Angel Beats a 10/10 again after 6 years, then you should probably rethink a bit. I've also stated this multiple times elsewhere on the forums. Sangatsu is beyond melodramatic. And yes, Angel Beats is exactly that for its last few episodes.

Also, Angel Beats =/= Shogi show like the other two even if it's melodramatic.
TyrelJan 9, 2018 12:50 AM
Jan 9, 2018 12:44 AM

Apr 2016
Tyrel said:
Swagernator said:

I watched Angel Beats back in 2011, aka when I started anime. If you think I'd rate Angel Beats a 10/10 again after 6 years, then you should probably rethink a bit. I've also stated this multiple times elsewhere on the forums. Sangatsu is beyond melodramatic. And yes, Angel Beats is exactly that for its last few episodes.

Oh well then good sir ( ÍĄ° ͜ʖ ÍĄ°)
Jan 9, 2018 12:47 AM
Aug 2012
Well, first episode, and i am sure this anime is not about shogi.
Jan 9, 2018 1:27 AM

May 2017
Boi I can already see the doujins

first episode and this is already better than the entirety of 3gatsu

3gatsu is shit, I bet normies would quote this, drop your weak excuses and tears below
Jan 9, 2018 3:39 AM

Sep 2015
Tyrel said:
Swagernator said:

Also, Angel Beats =/= Shogi show like the other two even if it's melodramatic.

Not that I think you'll listen to me, but I think you're mistaking the term melodramatic for emotionally driven, as the two aren't mutually exclusive. 3-gatsu focuses a lot on conveying feeling through animation, but if you look at the plot as a whole, it isn't overdramatic, things don't happen for the sake of drama, actually, the events are quite a bit normal.
Jan 9, 2018 4:16 AM

Dec 2011
FINALLY! 3-gatsu no Lion but without autistic drama ! 5/5 LOVE IT!
Jan 9, 2018 5:32 AM

Jan 2018
I am big fan of 3-gatsu no Lion and I have read the novel of Ryuuou no Oshigoto. 3gatsu focuses more on the growth of Rei while Ryuuou focuses more on Shoji( and loli). In fact, besides Shoji they are totally different types. I think both are good works and it is meaningless to dispute which is better.
As for this episode, it develops so fast and deletes lots of introductions about Shoji so 3/5. But I believe following episodes will be better.
xdyllxJan 9, 2018 5:36 AM
Jan 9, 2018 6:32 AM

Dec 2014
shogi based anime...first episode looked promising let's see how it continues
Jan 9, 2018 8:17 AM

Aug 2008
Too much bullshit and pedobait. I guess I'll see if it gets any better but not holding any expectations.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Jan 9, 2018 9:36 AM

Jan 2014
Pretty funny. Lolis aren't my thing, but the MC is likable.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Jan 9, 2018 11:25 AM

Jan 2017
I like how this anime works. Looking forward too see how it's going
Jan 9, 2018 11:32 AM
Apr 2017
Vanschia said:
all these loliphobic people in the first page lol

this actually not that bad, good visual & ost
nice storytelling and comedy
likeable personality of the loli girl

well I'm in

"Loliphobic"

begin to invent names as if who were against this disgusting thing is the villain, will soon want to legalize pedophilia...
Jan 9, 2018 11:37 AM
Apr 2017
TsundeReaper said:

3gatsu is shit, I bet normies would quote this, drop your weak excuses and tears below

lolis, pedobait, sadistic girl, chunin.

It's natural that stupid peoples prefer stupid shows like this one.
Jan 9, 2018 11:51 AM

Jan 2008
Watching cause lolis.

Is this going to be a CGDCT (the loli squad) with guy-surrounded-by-several girls-but-isn't-considered-a-harem show with shogi as a theme?

The door scene was hilarious.
PaulJan 9, 2018 12:07 PM
Jan 9, 2018 12:06 PM

Apr 2009
Hirugiku said:
jlutholtz said:

I call bullshit!

i think you shouldnt underestimate it, its supported by shogi association in japan and its the top light novel? Anyway dont drop it right now, this is the type of anime where ep 1 is misleading and its actually amazing.
Also its evident that the girl is a genius, well you know there are some people who has innate talent to something, like how someone can combine the hardest numbers together despite not knowing math that well.

I'm skeptical about that, but I'll give it another ep to convince me. If it doesn't do an heel turn by then, it's getting dropped. :-/
Jan 9, 2018 12:39 PM
Dec 2015
DarkAudit said:
Best laugh I've had so far this season, and maybe I'll learn something about shogi while I'm at it. Definitely sticking with this one.

Yeah, this is the funniest show so far in the season. I'm looking forward to it.
Jan 9, 2018 12:47 PM
Jul 2018
Unrelated but am I the only one who just sees the thread kinda funny because of how many triggered people are here?

Look I'm not saying you should force yourself to watch stuff. If you don't like it, then of course: Don't watch it.

But just because some people actually like these shows (one reason or another) wouldn't mean they're pedophiles. That's just a blatant generalization for those that are doing that.
Jan 9, 2018 1:45 PM

Oct 2011
Maybe Yaichi will face Kiriyama in a Shogi match😍
Jan 9, 2018 5:08 PM

Jun 2013
the trash of this season is here i guess
Jan 9, 2018 6:55 PM

May 2017
Artur_Moreira said:
TsundeReaper said:

lolis, pedobait, sadistic girl, chunin.

It's natural that stupid peoples prefer stupid shows like this one.

OH NO a casual normie!! Brah stay with 3gatsu, that's hardly has any plot progression and shogi, all psychological and forgot about its plot lmao. Stay with that crap

Its only natural for pretend people to like pretend shows like 3gatsu

Also, lolis, Pedobait, sadistic girl, chuuni, 3gatsu has all that too dumbass
Jan 9, 2018 7:45 PM
Apr 2017
3 gatsu no lion but nowhere near as good is my first impression. But it was kinda cute i guess
Jan 9, 2018 10:07 PM
Feb 2013
Someone already summary the first two volumes of the LN, after I read it I'm pretty sure this show isn't all about the loli doing a cute thing it's also about giving their all in life as well. That made me interested in this show more and more.

Here if you are interested, it contain spoiler for obvious reason.

https://magnavalon.com/2017/12/15/ryuuou-no-oshigoto-the-start-of-a-journey/#more-2452
Jan 9, 2018 10:20 PM

Jul 2012
Pretty much what I was expecting, I'll stick around and see where this ride takes me.

"There are three things you can never get back: The word after it's said, the moment after it's missed, and the time after it's gone."
-Koe no Katachi

Jan 9, 2018 10:32 PM

Jan 2012
clu6w said:
The light novel sold really good, so I'm hoping that it's not just another lolli bate.

Funny you say that... I'm hoping for just the opposite.

There are not enough lolis in anime nowadays. Lolis deserve love too. I, for one, need more loli anime.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ryuuou no Oshigoto! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2018

94 by basspig »»
Feb 27, 9:00 PM

Poll: » Ryuuou no Oshigoto! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2018

112 by WELLERM »»
Dec 16, 2023 6:58 PM

Poll: » Ryuuou no Oshigoto! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2018

68 by WELLERM »»

Poll: » Ryuuou no Oshigoto! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2018

104 by WELLERM »»

Poll: » Ryuuou no Oshigoto! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2018

65 by WELLERM »»
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.