Forum Settings
Forums
Jan 8, 2018 9:17 AM

no it makes u a lonely weirdo, in most cases

Jan 8, 2018 9:19 AM

Actually, it's the other way around

Jan 8, 2018 9:31 AM

No it doesn't, but it makes you special...

Jan 8, 2018 10:42 AM

The only way you can be cool as an anime fan is to actually be cool from the start and also be an anime fan. You would be dat awsome guy/girl who has a bit of a nerd side too.

Otherwise... Nah... Of course chuunibyou can make you cool too... in your head at least, but I donțt recomend it.

Jan 8, 2018 1:33 PM

Cool is subjective.

But most people are not gonna be impressed with your anime knowledge so generally no.
come with me empty human

Jan 19, 2018 6:26 PM

its just a hobby. personally i dont think it makes you cool some may think otherwise
- 朋也x渚 -
You should cry while you still can. When you get
bigger, sometimes, you can't cry even if you have
something you wanna cry about.

Jan 19, 2018 6:32 PM

Yes, but you have to hate every popular show and only like "underground" shows.

Jan 19, 2018 6:53 PM
In fact, the only ones who know that I see anime are my brothers, other circles, I really do not know what they suppose, maybe it is noticed when they take the subject and show my knowledge or, somway mes, I get a comparison of something casual with an anime, I also like to talk about anime for those who have no idea, i tell to my mother what happened in what I saw in the day in such an detailed way.
10 months without animu, and you?

Jan 22, 2018 3:13 PM

uh... isn't the answer obvious? no.

Jan 22, 2018 3:15 PM

Tf lol I don't even tell people I watch this stuff, there's no way many people do this to be cool
Once you realize that what others think about what you enjoy doesn't matter, you will finally be free

Jan 22, 2018 3:43 PM

Watch Anime for enjoyment not because it's cool/not cool.

Jan 22, 2018 3:45 PM
Winged Hussar*

I think im cool to be honest ( its not about how people see you but how u see yourself ). ;)

Well...
Not like i care
and not like i will...

Jan 22, 2018 3:47 PM
~The Survivor

Anime and manga are hobbies boss, some might fine if cool, some might think it'd weird, but most don't really care xD

Jan 22, 2018 3:52 PM

probably not. I never met a cool person who watches anime and I'm not cool as well so...

Bookmeter ╠╣ class summon

Jan 22, 2018 4:14 PM

Only if your favourites are ranked #1000 or lower in Popularity.
6/10 is a positive score, dammit.

Jan 22, 2018 4:21 PM

Yes, yes it absolutely does. There's no doubt.

Jan 22, 2018 4:40 PM

no, its why I keep the fact that I watch anime to my self.
from what I heard it dosent even make u cool in Japan, people will still look at you like a weirdo.

"Do you know why snow is white? 
Because it's forgotten what color it's supposed to be." - C.C.

Jan 22, 2018 6:38 PM

Thats the stupidest question imo. If you watch anime it does the opposite of making you cool. It makes you a nerd/geek/weeaboo/any other words. If the people your with watch anime, than it makes you the same like the rest of them. On the other hand, if you have watched much more anime and have a much shittier mean score than the other people around you, than everyone will treat you like shit and call you an elitist. But in the inside, they really wanna be like you and feel inferior to you because of their anime list. However, normal people will think you're an even bigger nerd.

OP, I don't know what kind of people you're with, but if watching anime makes you feel cool, I warn you. Many will discriminate against you just because you watch anime. If you don't get discriminated, than I'm so damn jealous.

Jan 22, 2018 10:04 PM
Hello. I think watching anime is just as simple as watching any kind of tv show. Being cool is a matter of self confidence. I think I am cool coz my school taught me to be confident and be proud of my self.
Wanna give it a view?
Here it is Just click here

Jan 28, 2018 10:36 PM

Lol, it's actually the exact opposite

Jan 28, 2018 10:56 PM

It makes you cool with the right people.

For me, anime is a cool way to filter people. If someone is completely turned off by it, then they aren't very opened minded and I probably don't want them in my life. If they are at least open, then they are someone that's usually worth while.

I live in L.A so I'm blessed in the sense that there are a lot of Anime fans here. My roommates are into Anime, my first roommates ever were the ones that turned me onto to Adult Anime (FMA:BA, Death Note). I've dated and continue to date several women who are into Anime, some WAY more than myself. A lot of my friends are into Anime.

When I am around people who aren't into Anime, I tend to not talk about it. There really isn't any point. All they see is DBZ and Naruto. At best, Ghilbi.

Life is what you make of it. Find people who will accept you for who you are. Then, watching Anime will make you look cool.

Jan 29, 2018 6:08 PM

If you choose to watch anime over football, you are automatically cool and my best friend. XD

Jan 29, 2018 6:34 PM

Chiibi said:
If you choose to watch anime over football, you are automatically cool and my best friend. XD

Well, of course.

Football sucks, but doesn't everybody already know that?

Jan 29, 2018 6:36 PM

Seiya said:
Chiibi said:

Well, of course.

EVERYONE IN MY TOWN LOVES IT AND I'M SICK OF HEARING ABOUT IT. DX

Jan 29, 2018 6:38 PM

Chiibi said:
Seiya said:

Well, of course.

EVERYONE IN MY TOWN LOVES IT AND I'M SICK OF HEARING ABOUT IT. DX

Oh, I see.

Football doesn't even exist where I live. We didn't even have it in high school where I live.

Jan 31, 2018 9:11 AM

That's certainly the best thread I have read in a while. Always hilarious to read answers like these to such questions:

FullmetalAlias said:
Yes. Every time I sit alone in my room for hours watching cartoons in a language I dont understand, I think about how cool I am and how cool everybody who can see me must think I am.

-Lofn- said:
Fuck yeah baby. I get complimented whenever I go out with my dakimalura and jutsus when I go to the mall.

romagia said:
i'll be honest, i'm in just for the coolness factor at this point

i dont even watch anime anymore

Ty guys, you definitely made my day.

OT: Sure it makes you cool. I'm actually a bit confused that you have to ask this question since you should already be overwhelmed by our coolness after joining MAL. So start watching anime, become a weeb and see how cool you'll be...

"I used to think he was the insecure type who isn't capable of having big dreams. But that's not right. He's the type to have countless smaller dreams that he can achieve perfectly, one by one. They may be small individually, but as they keep coming true, they quickly become one huge dream."

Feb 1, 2018 3:46 PM

It makes you very UNCOOL. People look down on those who watches Chinese cartoons.
That's why I have to hide that fact from my friends.

🔥You're looking at someone🔥

🔥Who is superior to you🔥

🔥You have my permission to🔥

🔥Bask in my glow🔥

Feb 1, 2018 3:56 PM

I'm cool since I was born.

Ok but for real a lot of people think a&m is pretty weird so I don't think this is the best way to look cooler shhhh.

"Please stop talking about math when I'm eating."

Feb 1, 2018 3:57 PM

If you watch good anime and you're surrounded by anime fans, then you're "cool".

But if you watch anime and you're surrounded by people who don't understand anime, then you're not cool

Feb 1, 2018 5:51 PM

No, but air conditioning does. (Or you could just step outside if you live where I am and it's -16 F)

Seriously, not really, only cool to others who share the hobby. To the majority it makes you a strange geek.
Modified by Kruszer, Feb 1, 2018 6:01 PM
"Should I be concerned over the obvious delight our daughter takes in the ultra-violence?"
"It's genetic"
-Red Arrow to Cheshire (Young Justice)

Feb 1, 2018 5:53 PM

Makes you a social reject. I don't remember any anime watchers ever being cool or rarely

Feb 1, 2018 5:55 PM

Watching anime has absolutely no bearing on how cool you are. That said, if you watch anime, you're already probably a fucking loser anyway - it's exactly that kind of demographic that anime draws. Obviously not a universal deal but certainly more common than not.

Feb 1, 2018 5:57 PM

Yeah, that’s why my facebook pictures is all anime girls...

Feb 1, 2018 9:27 PM

Just a nerd like the rest of us, to be honest.

Do what you like, it doesn't matter if it makes you 'cool' or not.

❝ falling sick on a journey
my dream wanders around
fields of dry grass. ❞
()

Feb 1, 2018 9:40 PM

nope, it definitely does not make you cool

Feb 1, 2018 11:21 PM

Among certain people, maybe? Anime isn't really looked upon as a cool hobby by most people. It't subjective, maybe you have friends who enjoy anime and think you're cool for liking it too.

"once you've met someone
you never really forget them.
it just takes a while for your
memories to return."

()

Feb 2, 2018 1:38 AM

How will u be cool I was deemed a loser for watched Aneemooh

Pages (2) « 1 [2]