Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 6, 2018 4:24 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So Goku went Blue again this time because...well, it's fucking Jiren and he doesn't have much of a choice but to be at his best against him.

Also, it's about damn time Vegeta got his chance against Jiren. It's one of the fights I've been anticipating from the start besides Goku vs. Jiren. I have to admit, he put up a fight against him although it was obvious he wasn't enough to win.

Jiren scared the hell out of me this episode and Vegeta's condition...wow.
Jan 6, 2018 4:32 PM

Jan 2009
the animation of this episode is glorious! Vegeta's final flash was awesome to see too bad it did not put even a scratch on Jiren's clothes lol
Jan 6, 2018 4:34 PM

Apr 2014
I thought we get one hour long episode today... sad
themanualreader@proton.me
Jan 6, 2018 4:36 PM

Sep 2016
Freeza getting BTFO'd by Dyspo
Vegeta getting jobbed hard
Gohan and 17 are powerless
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jan 6, 2018 4:52 PM

Jan 2009
and im disappointed at the new song's last scene because it shows Goku in Ultra Instinct but Vegeta is still in Super Saiyan Blue, is that hinting that Vegeta will not achieve Ultra Instinct in this arc? i hope Whis prediction that Vegeta will achieve Ultra Instinct soon will become real
Jan 6, 2018 4:58 PM

Apr 2014
TelecomJan 6, 2018 5:16 PM
Jan 6, 2018 5:54 PM

Jul 2015
Pretty great. Vegeta did some work this ep. In the preview Vegetas hair is darker than Gokus. Could be his power "greater than blue." Digging the ed song
Jan 6, 2018 6:07 PM

May 2016
So I am a huge Vegeta fan and I absolutely loved this episode. Definitely one of my favorites out of all of super. My jaw was just hanging open the entire episode pretty much. I'm also so excited for next weeks episode.
Jan 6, 2018 6:37 PM

Apr 2014
Anyway, despite all of my rambling, probably a favorite ep so far
Jan 6, 2018 6:40 PM

Aug 2013
So apparently Goku SSB is now stronger than Vegeta SSB without using kaioken. Even though Vegeta's blue was stronger in Goku Black arc and then he trained in the chamber right before the tournament. I mean, I know that Goku got stronger from getting pushed to the limit multiple times in this arc, but still. Jiren was even tanking Vegeta's hits at first.

What I am most interested in right now is actually how will Toppo gets taken out. I can see Freiza will destroy Dyspo after he turns Golden, and Goku/Vegeta will somehow get powerup/fuse to fight Jiren. But how will the fight between 17 + Gohan vs Toppo go? It's clearly shown they stand no chance with their current power. Will Gohan really get a powerup that no one has ever seen before?

Jan 6, 2018 6:55 PM

Apr 2014
So the subs are finally out. Seems like Vegeta has unlocked a power beyond Blue and his hair is darker in the preview as well. Looks great. I really like that finally there's some difference between Goku and Vegeta. Giving Vegeta UI would've been really lame because then he would've to throw away his personality (which makes him great)

Jan 6, 2018 7:22 PM

Apr 2016
Amazing animation as expected!
I think the new power that Vegeta has unlocked is something like what they did in the manga, the perfect form of super saiyan blue.
Jan 6, 2018 7:25 PM

May 2015
Damn, Jiren is powerful AF I think going with what the new ED is showing and Vegeta still in the ring and Jiren having no problem whatsoever with two opponents maybe after a tag team they realize that the only chance for victory against him is throwing their pride as fighters (they want to beat him one on one but for obvious reason [their universe survival]) they resort to a dance fusion?
Jan 6, 2018 7:30 PM

Nov 2016
Pretty epic episode, was cool to see Vegeta pushing Jiren that far and I'm glad that former one is still in the game.

Lowkey hoping for a fusion,but chances that this is going to happen are very slim.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 6, 2018 8:06 PM

May 2013
Was it just me or did the animation style in this episode change compared to previous eps?
Jan 6, 2018 8:18 PM

Jan 2016
Nice episode, though the show should do justice to Vegeta one day. Like really, he always get fodderized only to power-up Goku later xD And Dyspo should be wary of Freeza, I don't really think his attacks are actually affecting him lol

The new ending is fine by the way.
THANKS SENPIEX
Jan 6, 2018 8:24 PM

Jan 2012
Best Episode of 2018 ....so far!
Jan 6, 2018 8:25 PM

Jul 2014
Great way to kick off the year. I hope we get the rest of the episodes with the same intensity and vigor as this one.
Vegeta should've known that all his strength as Blue would still have little to no effect on Jiren. But looks like we'll be getting him breaking his limits further in the next episode. So that's proof that he isn't knocked out cold, that's a good sign.
Jan 6, 2018 8:28 PM

Feb 2017
Man this episode looks so good. I hope that the rest of Super looks like this.
Mankind knew that they cannot change society. So instead of reflecting on themselves, they blamed the beasts.
Jan 6, 2018 8:35 PM

May 2016
in the next episode Vegeta will reach lower instinct lol just kidding

I really like Vegeta, it's time for him to shine after so many ridiculous things like dancing at bingo or using pacifiers, it's show time.

btw I really love the Vegeta laughs in this episode
『  』
Jan 6, 2018 8:46 PM
Jan 2018
Proved. Vegeta is a badass whom learned how to do the Ultra Instint main purpose without a transformation. Not only that, Vegeta could counter Jiren twice, the same Ultra Instint Goku's amount. Obviously, Jiren was not fighting with the same intensity, but still.
Jan 6, 2018 8:51 PM

Oct 2008
Looks like Vegeta will be unlocking something comparable to Goku's Ultra Instinct based on the ending pic. His eyes are different from his usual blue form.

Jan 6, 2018 9:09 PM
Dec 2016
The animation got better again for the key fight scenes. That's good

Also vegeta got knocked the fuck out.
Jan 6, 2018 9:14 PM
Nov 2017
From here on I think I'm gonna try to stop watching the episode previews.
I should've been way more hyped this episode but it wasn't there because they pretty much gave every single story beat in last episode's preview.
And this one isn't much better with the bombshell dropped.
Jan 6, 2018 9:23 PM

Jan 2010
ShinsoPriest said:
Looks like Vegeta will be unlocking something comparable to Goku's Ultra Instinct based on the ending pic. His eyes are different from his usual blue form.

Maybe this is the anime visual for the mastered state of Super Saiyan Blue we've seen in manga
http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Super_Saiyan_God_Super_Saiyan_(completed)
Jan 6, 2018 9:29 PM

Sep 2015
Vegeta your pride is always worthless stay forever as the second.

Look like DBS won't over anytime soon with Vegeta get new form + new ending.
Into the Internet!
Jan 6, 2018 9:54 PM

Apr 2014
ShinsoPriest said:

[img]https://i.imgur.com/VxMoMjq.jpg[/i mg]

I love how they finally differ from each other. Maybe they will proceed their own ways from here while both staying on par in terms of fighting ability

Also blue hair never looked good on Goku. His base is best-looking but blue hair for Vegeta fits really well (probably because it doesn't change his hairstyle and matches his outfit)
TelecomJan 6, 2018 9:58 PM
Jan 6, 2018 10:36 PM

Sep 2011
Man these episodes feel too short.
Jan 7, 2018 12:20 AM

Feb 2015
Good episode, with plenty of cool stuffs happening. The only thing I wished had been done better was Vegeta's Final Flash. It didn't really give me that feeling he put his all into it with how fast it was charged, and how little impact it made. That thing, honestly, should've been like half all the episode hyping up the charge and an a blast that rivals at least the Spirit Bomb from earlier in the tournament.
Jan 7, 2018 1:06 AM
May 2012
BDL said:
ShinsoPriest said:

Maybe this is the anime visual for the mastered state of Super Saiyan Blue we've seen in manga
http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Super_Saiyan_God_Super_Saiyan_(completed)

of course he's gonna have a new form...that's what the PV showed
darker blue form :p
Jan 7, 2018 1:13 AM
Feb 2009
Freeza getting wrecked. Hopefully, he is trolling and turn Golden Freeza soon.

Gohan and C-17 have fought against Goku as SSB and now they can not even inflict damage to Toppo ?

Jan 7, 2018 1:22 AM
Jul 2016
Sooo as a Vegeta fanboy going into this episode i thought i would hate it because he gets his ass beat, but it was actually really good. Solid fights, exellent animation and art,that final flash doe O.O

Hyped for next ep, finaly some difference between Goku and Vegeta, we'll see how this plays out.
Jan 7, 2018 1:34 AM
Oct 2015
Love how the grand priest just lumped the entire audience together, so all those guys can talk smack to each other, as in those guys I mean the Beerus and the clown fella.
Heckle was here...
Jan 7, 2018 2:24 AM

Oct 2016
Amazing episode, Vegeta at least did it better than Goku thats for sure.
Looks like new form for Vegeta next episode.

lol Gohan is gonna need to rage into the Super Saiyan Rage like trunks if he wants to do something vs Toppo
Jan 7, 2018 2:45 AM

Jan 2013
What was up with Goku standing literally three meters away from the fight and screaming Vegeta's name? Holy shit was that annoying as fuck. He should've done something. How come he was apparently damaged after Vegeta fired FF? Did Goku somehow got caught in it too? lol What the fuck writers.
Jan 7, 2018 3:22 AM

Dec 2014
that vegeta bad ass fail in the end was awesome to see
Jan 7, 2018 3:57 AM

Jun 2015
Dayum vegeta I see you, next ep looks epic.
Jan 7, 2018 4:21 AM

Feb 2013
Poor Vegeta, I wanted him to win.
Lol, that powered up Burter is toying with Frieza.
Jan 7, 2018 4:30 AM

Jan 2013
Maitoz said:
Vegeta admitted it himself that Jiren wasn't using his full power/speed like he did against Goku. So Vegeta didn't really do anything, like at all, and Goku is still stronger
Jan 7, 2018 5:00 AM
May 2012
ahahaha and still no blood xD
Jan 7, 2018 6:21 AM

Jul 2013
Jiren calling someone arrogant. The irony is strong.
Jan 7, 2018 6:25 AM

Oct 2015
The animation was nice, just as expectable from the guy who did goku vs jiren. Well, he only animated half of this episode, though.

I was expecting that Final Flash to look much better, though, when Vegeta fired it. Somehow that small yellow ball just shooting out, just like some regular attack seemed a bit meh. Still, it was okay.

Seeing the new ending, and preview. Vegeta is either getting SSB2, or it's the mastered form. I'm really hyped about it! That darker blue hair, and eyes look epic on Vegeta.
Jan 7, 2018 7:01 AM

Mar 2016
Probably the second best episode in the series but it's just an (5/6)/10 and it has the third best animted fight of the hole series...

Jan 7, 2018 7:22 AM

Nov 2011
Of course nobody expected Vegeta to beat Jiren and of course he didn't. Even if he goes Super Saiyan Blue 2, Goku is still gonna be the one to do it.

Jan 7, 2018 8:05 AM

Sep 2014
this episode was amazing, even Vegetas final flash here was nearly as good as the original one vs cell. Also the OST was on point. This is the quality I hoped for when they announced DB Super 3 years ago. I was glad I could put this back to a 7 without bad feelings. With the upcoming 8ish? episodes we will surely see some amazing stuff. Maybe finally the golden monkey does something - when he wants the super dragon balls for himself he should start to earn them. I dont think they go automatically to the last one standing, but to the best fighter? So he will not get them when he isnt fighting anyone.

Considering Gokus blue hair was pretty dark this episode I wonder if Vegetas darker blue hair is just shitty quality again or the new form.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jan 7, 2018 8:08 AM

Jan 2016
I feel like Vegeta did more damage than Ultra Instict Goku :P Anyways, the episode was great, loving the art and animation.
Jan 7, 2018 8:11 AM

Dec 2014
Pretty good episode.

Frieza getting wrecked by Dyspo. :o
Didn't really expect Vegeta to win against Jiren but it was a good fight.

I also noticed that there was a part during Vegeta's final flash were Goku said "Sugoi" and it was translated as "Holy Cow" and I was like what?

Next episode seems good too.
Jan 7, 2018 8:25 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
OMG that was an amazing episode.
Vegeta gave it his all and it still wasn't enough. That Final Flash looked like it would have done some damage to Jiren, going by how he reacted and quickly put his arms in front of him.

Dyspo owning Frieza was pretty cool to see. I'm looking forward to how that fight will turn out. Honestly, don't see how Gohan or 17 can beat Toppo, unless Gohan gets a power up I don't see how Gohan or 17 can beat him. He ate that Kamehameha as if it was nothing.

Preview: Vegeta's SSB aura looks darker than usual, hmm...

Jan 7, 2018 9:02 AM

Oct 2016
Klad said:
Maitoz said:
Vegeta admitted it himself that Jiren wasn't using his full power/speed like he did against Goku. So Vegeta didn't really do anything, like at all, and Goku is still stronger

What I meant was that he was able to see through his attacks and all and goku couldnt or Hit him as well.
Jan 7, 2018 9:32 AM

May 2015
Wow animation improved so much in this episode. It was easy to predict, but still.

Vegeta Final Flash was good to see. Bring back memories with Cell. :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2015

51 by TheColonel76 »»
Yesterday, 8:45 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2015

96 by TheColonel76 »»
Yesterday, 7:36 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2016

102 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 19, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 66 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 12, 2016

352 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 19, 8:46 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2015

57 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 18, 10:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.