Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 6, 2018 2:50 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Dang, this gave me quite a bit of nostolgia. The OP song is a nice fit but I also like the style of the episode in general.

The vibrant colors and Syaoran appearing is quite a sight. There's still light humor as I remember from the franchise and it's nice to see Sakura and her friend Tomoyo together. Tomoyo still has her handy video camera around in this season lol. Seeing Touya again is also a wonderful sight. I always thought he and Sakura has some entertaining character interactions.

This episode also reminded me of the original series with the toy bear.

The appearance of the Sealing Wand will definitely serve as an important part of this season. It really felt like the episode did a good way to set up the storytelling.
Jan 6, 2018 2:56 PM
Jun 2011
this was a great episode I enjoyed every moment of this and the art and the animation was really good
Jan 6, 2018 3:03 PM
Review Moderator
Jan 2017
I am delighted, the episode is good, but I don't want to precipitate with any conclusion yet.

Jan 6, 2018 3:07 PM
Haruna Sairenji

Jan 2017
nostalgia hit me like a truck. One of the series that got me into anime. Amazing episode. Hope it will keep up the greatness.
Jan 6, 2018 3:09 PM

Jan 2014
umm, is this a remake? do i have to watch the old one?
Jan 6, 2018 3:11 PM
Jul 2018
IT'S BEEN 20 FUCKING YEARS

Nostalgic.
Animation became smoother, almost the same music. Premise same as in the manga.
I thought it's gonna be another 70 episodes. Heh
Jan 6, 2018 3:17 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Vonatra said:
its actually a sequel so yes, watch the old one.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jan 6, 2018 4:04 PM
Review Moderator
Jan 2017
Vonatra said:

You need to watch the old one to understand a bit more the story and some details. However, you can try watching the first episodes if you like them then you can adventure with the old series. :)

Jan 6, 2018 4:15 PM

Sep 2015
Wow this actually felt like an episode from the original series :o
Props for getting the feel correct.
Nice way of starting a new plot!
There could have been more on the story but since we were re-introduced to the good old cast, that took a few mins but I don't mind that all!

ALSO! Can't wait for all the new Sakura costumes

Jan 6, 2018 4:36 PM

Oct 2010
Salokannel2 said:
Wow this actually felt like an episode from the original series :o
Props for getting the feel correct.

It's basically the same team, almost entirely.
Jan 6, 2018 4:45 PM

Nov 2007
I like it and OP & ED.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 6, 2018 4:48 PM
Dec 2014
That was so cute OMG!!! 😢 my poor little heart can not stand this leve of cuteness 💟 OP and ED is soooo beautiful 💟💟 i love you Asaka Morio San and Madhouse 💟
H-X-HJan 6, 2018 4:52 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 6, 2018 4:51 PM

Feb 2016
When sakura meets Syaraon the OST it's the 3° Opening.
F****** nostalgic.
The battle is over.
Show respect for the fallen
who fought so bravely.
Jan 6, 2018 5:53 PM

Feb 2013
Vonatra said:

Read the manga. It's faster and also better, then you can see the anime.
Jan 6, 2018 6:11 PM

Aug 2007
Danm! Crunchyroll on my country as an error. At this time, I cant watch this episode1
Jan 6, 2018 6:57 PM

Jul 2017
minimiau said:
Danm! Crunchyroll on my country as an error. At this time, I cant watch this episode1

Right?

I'm all hyped up, you can do it Crunchyroll!
Jan 6, 2018 7:24 PM

Apr 2016
man, I'd love to watch this but Crashyroll is giving me hell
Jan 6, 2018 7:26 PM

Nov 2012
New Sakura was so beautiful. I am so overwhelmed. The quality is insane. Everything is beautiful and just as magical as I hoped. I feel like tearing up a bit. ;-; 5/5 no doubt.
Jan 6, 2018 7:43 PM

Nov 2012
Okay episode,recently watched the first series so don't have any sort of nostalgia for the series so thought it was fine but that's about it.
Jan 6, 2018 8:38 PM

Dec 2014
FINALLY! Fantastic premiere, seeing all this again got me so emotional. I pretty much teared up in the opening moments. XD
Seeing this again makes me feel so happy for having grown up with this series. <3

The OP is great and the ED is so damn adorable.

Before I say more,
WHERE ARE MY ROLLERBLADES? THOSE ROLLERBLADES ARE ICONIC TO ME! XD

I know I said it back in the prologue episode but I honestly love how they kept the classic art style but touched it up so it wouldn't feel old, great job on that Madhouse.

Sakura and Li moments are so pure and adorable, I love how Tomoyo catches everything on tape. XD

Interesting stuff with the cards becoming clear all of sudden and the appearance of the hooded dude. The scene with the dragon in the night sky was stunning. I'm definitely interested in finding out more on what happened but from what I took away from the amount of cards on the table and the flashback to the airport scene, it looks like we're following the anime canon? Does that mean we'll have Meilin? I guess it's still too early to confirm but let's wait and see I guess.

I love how we got a little bit of everything that we normally see in a Cardcaptor Sakura episode, the final capture was nice. I don't remember the details correctly but Sakura makes up her own incantations for the keys right?

I know I can count on Tomoyo, more costumes please! XD
Once again I cannot stress how adorable that ED is. <3

Can't wait for next week.

Also to quote Tomoyo from this episode and it pretty much sums up everything for me
"It's the triumphant return of Cardcaptor Sakura"
Lelouch0202Jan 6, 2018 8:44 PM
Jan 6, 2018 8:53 PM

Apr 2016
finally got to see it, and it was worth the wait
it really felt like nothing has changed, with all the same VAs and background music, which was awesome
everything looks beautiful, and did anyone notice how amazingly fluid the animation was in the ED?
the content in the episode was also great, I'm excited to see whats going on with the mystery of the clear cards!
Jan 6, 2018 8:58 PM

Jan 2014
DatRandomDude said:
Vonatra said:
its actually a sequel so yes, watch the old one.
Pipe said:
Vonatra said:

You need to watch the old one to understand a bit more the story and some details. However, you can try watching the first episodes if you like them then you can adventure with the old series. :)

thank you, i'll start to watch the old one then.
caio_ken said:
Vonatra said:

Read the manga. It's faster and also better, then you can see the anime.

thank you, i'll try the manga too then.
Jan 6, 2018 9:33 PM

Nov 2007
This didn't miss a beat, it feels the same as it did so many years ago when I was just a kid. I am so happy to have CCS back in my life.
Jan 6, 2018 9:34 PM
Jul 2018
Whoa, so this season actually remove the 2nd movie timeline :O and keeping the original series and OVA as well.. (so this is 72 episode). Although there was bit characters introductions as expected (yeah nice to see Kero-chan and Yue too ^_^)

Anyway, I also loved the fact they kept some original background osts and so far new characters havent introduce yet. But the art was quite let down (compare to old one) but the Sakura's dream scenes were quite groundbreaking. The new comedic style still didn't drew me interest. Also the pacing was bit fast but I anticipate this will get better as the series progress.

Btw, the ED visuals was really something!! can't wait to know what really happened at the cliffhanger!

removed-userJan 6, 2018 9:37 PM
Jan 6, 2018 9:41 PM

Dec 2016
I watched all 70 episodes of the original not long ago in order to prepare for this.

Nice opening as always.

Thank goodness her dad was looking at her uniform, when I saw the arrow I thought he was looking at her chest, kinda seen to many animes where the arrow means they are looking at the part of the body.

Monster reference from Touya straight away lol.

I kinda miss her roller skating to school, maybe it's a nostalgia thing with me due to having blades of my own during the 90's.

Haha Tomoyo managed to capture that great reunion moment.

Nice to see she is still in contact with Eriol & Mizuki, & Nakuru is also there as usual, might see her bother Touya again at some point.

Right so now we understand the part about the clear card, but who is the mysterious person who gave Sakura the new staff and what are their intentions.

Windy was her1st card encounter in the original, now she gets a Gale card to stay on the same kind of theme.
Jan 6, 2018 9:47 PM

Oct 2015
I've been hyping this sequel for two years now, and I must say the first episode did not disappoint. This is a lovely adaptation, perfectly blending the new manga with my favorite elements of the anime.
Jan 6, 2018 10:00 PM

Oct 2008
Smartphones in CCS just don't feel right...

But, several of my fears were kinda allayed? So, am I right to say that she still has her original Sakura Cards and Sakura Key but are being given new cards and a new key? That's not as bad as I thought (as I thought her new powers would replace them), but meh. In terms of design, the new cards just don't look as good and seem rather redundant since their powers are pretty much the same as the Clow/Sakura Cards but with no personality and character. I was hoping Sakura would be more desperate and worried, considering her cards were pretty much some of her closest friends in the original. Still, I'm at least hoping for an excellent in-canon reason for this happening. The original was actually rather tightly written in this regard. Again, I really wished she would have been given a reason to use her powers again instead of getting brand new ones.

Speaking of the canon, it's still as confused as ever. As I posted in the other thread, the Sakura Bear doesn't exist in the anime but they acknowledge that she stayed up all night to make it for him. Yet the airport scene occurred where only Li gave Sakura his bear. WTF? She has all her cards, but of course, the 2nd movie didn't happen. So, there's that. They are blatantly trying to create a single canon by shoehorning in bits of the original anime into the manga canon and vice-versa in order to actually make it make sense to both anime-only viewers and manga-only readers, but all it does is create contradictions.

Regardless, I like that they acknowledge the original anime in the opening, but man, does the original animation still look and feel much better. Just... richer, you know? The flower overlays and randomly changing backgrounds with giant Japanese text can get really old really quickly. Still not sure why that's such a thing in this new series. The original was more grounded and these non-diegetic direction choices really just take you out of the scene.

All in all, as a huge fan of the original, I can say that at least it's painless. Which I guess is a compliment?
Jan 6, 2018 10:01 PM

Jul 2010
Wait so both the manga and the previews anime are canon, right? I mean, the flashback in the beginning and the 53 cards on the table confirm the anime is canon. Even the teddy bear Sayoran gives Sakura at the airport in the final movie appear in the flashback, so even the movie is canon! But the teddy bears they changed in the end of the manga (and in the OVA) also appear in the episode.
I'm really confused, but I like it this way! They made it faithful to the manga AND to the anime. It's the best way! I'm really happy we've got all the cards and maybe we'll also have Meilin, who knows? This is great.
Plus, this episode felt better than the manga. I don't know why, though. But the Clear Card-hen manga is a little boring for me... In anime form, it's so much better.
Jan 6, 2018 10:04 PM

Mar 2015
I was 8 years old when I watched the original series, and finally, I am watching this new one! So excited!! I scream!! Sorry @Remix!

This episode...the ending...I don't even...I can't process this. What just happened?? Glad to see my favourite character though. :)

And the animation...I feel like I'm watching through a Instagram filter for some reason. It's strange to see.

Nostalgic overall. Insane start and I can't wait for the next episode!

Oh and I forgot to mention Mike from Portland is the real MVP!
SapphireJan 6, 2018 10:22 PM
Jan 6, 2018 10:09 PM

Oct 2010
Love the old style of almost everything. Maaya Sakamoto's "Clear" is fantastic and fits perfectly. Wished the episode was a double feature. felt too short!
Jan 6, 2018 10:23 PM

Sep 2010
Wow, I've read some of the Clear Card Arc manga, but there were small surprises with how the first episode came out. The animation added scenes such as Chiharu's conversation with Sakura and Tomoyo as well as Li's interactions with Yamazaki and Naoko. It was also nice to see how the backgrounds transferred to the television anime; the environments were beautifully animated. The episode may have ended abruptly, but I'm thoroughly impressed with how much material was covered. I wouldn't be surprised if there are more surprises to come!

It's great to have you back, Cardcaptor Sakura!

"to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -a magnet
Jan 6, 2018 10:27 PM
Jul 2016
Is it just me or is the animation in the ED some nightmare fuel level shit
Jan 6, 2018 10:36 PM

Oct 2008
I'm also wondering why the new threats have to be card-based as well. We've already learned that there are multiple forms and mediums of magic in the original series. It would have been really interesting to have seen something different. Praying that this won't be just a retread of the original. That also will get boring really quickly.
Jan 6, 2018 10:42 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Oh the nostalgia! :') CCS has been a part of my childhood and here I am watching the next chapter after so many years! Aaahhh! It's only the first episode and I love it already! In fact, the first episode felt like it only played for 8 minutes. To me it seems that the entire episode was too short! The pacing is good, the animation is spectacular (especially during Sakura's dream sequence), and the soundtrack takes me back to the good ol' days of the first CCS anime. I really can't wait to see more of this, but I only realized just now that this will only have 22 episodes. I thought it was going to be the same length as the first one. teehee <3

Haha, I'm hyped to see Sakura wear more of those lovely costumes Tomoyo keeps providing. >w>
Jan 6, 2018 10:44 PM

Feb 2010
I am SO happy. I was trying not to cry haha. Isk why I got so emotional especially with the OP And ED. I'm beyond happy to see a new series. CCS has always been very dear to my heart.
I actually had to watch it in 4 different places. Cause very time I kept having some kind of trouble. XD it was a pain. But so worth it. The art looks beautiful. Even though Idk why but I think the Sakura from the first series looked much cuter. And I can't figure out why! I mean she's always super cute but I feel like out of all the characters she looks the most different and not as cute as the first series. Maybe it's her hair? I also see it's lighter than before.
She's still adorable though. I'm excited to see her outfits. Gotta add more to my Sakura cosplay list XD
Also tomoyo is just so adorable..yue is just so beautiful..I'm so happy :D
FOLLOW MY SOCIAL MEDIA IF YOU LIKE COSPLAY ADN ANIME RELATED VIDEOS!
https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyMeilin
https://www.facebook.com/Ladymeilin
Jan 6, 2018 10:47 PM

Dec 2011
This was a lot better than I expected it to be!! Heck, I even prefer this to the manga's introduction... the pacing was absolutely beautiful, the additional scenes of Chiharu and friends. Starting with Kero's corner was SUCH nostalgia! The music + atmosphere brought me way back. I'm surprised they're merging it with the anime canon, but that's great! We'll have even more new content to see. I feel so good about this now.

Actar said:
I'm also wondering why the new threats have to be card-based as well. We've already learned that there are multiple forms and mediums of magic in the original series. It would have been really interesting to have seen something different. Praying that this won't be just a retread of the original. That also will get boring really quickly.

Sakura's magic doesn't work without the cards. She needs them physically. This sequel is probably to get her to use her magic on her own, without the staff, without the cards.
CMYKJan 7, 2018 12:34 AM
Jan 6, 2018 10:59 PM
Jun 2011
Actar said:
i dont understand exactly what you mean by the new threats are card based
Jan 6, 2018 11:02 PM
Jul 2018
Ahhh I love this series~ Sakura and Syaoran are my first ship! I really enjoyed the first episode and I feel like this is gonna be great.
Jan 6, 2018 11:15 PM

Aug 2013
heyyyyyy that's pretty good
even tho it's been 10years since last time I watch the original one, I can still remember what's going on
beautiful visual & nostalgic ost
Jan 6, 2018 11:23 PM
Sep 2008
Vonatra said:

nope, its 2nd season. based on the 2nd manga that comes after the end of the 1st manga.. here they are older- 14 years old.. in the 1st one they were 9-10
Jan 6, 2018 11:30 PM

Nov 2007
Oh! I loved everything about this episode! Everything! The episode covered everything that made me love the anime! And now with the constant blushes as well!

I was quite excited for this release and MADHOUSE delivered. I think this anime will finally turn things around for them given how immensely popular the series has been in both Japan and abroad for a long time now!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jan 6, 2018 11:32 PM

Aug 2014
It's like Syaoran never left. If the new cards are going to overlap, I prefer if they didn't downgrade, e.g. sexy Windy to fish bird thing.
Sieg Zeon!
Jan 6, 2018 11:33 PM

Aug 2011
Man so amazing.. Visual + OP + ED all gorgeous. I can die happily now
Jan 6, 2018 11:43 PM
Dec 2017
i never have seen the old one but i think i will be okay
Jan 6, 2018 11:52 PM

Oct 2008
Sapphire said:
I was 8 years old when I watched the original series, and finally, I am watching this new one! So excited!! I scream!! Sorry @Remix!

Lots of screaming and squealing, indeed. I would be the same if I watched this growing up.

Enjoyable episode overall. I definitely miss the 90s cell animation, but I totally welcome the new look. Voice cast still carries the same charm to it <3
Jan 6, 2018 11:58 PM

Nov 2007
I missed Yamazaki-kun and his encyclopedia. Good to have him back!

game8910 said:
This didn't miss a beat, it feels the same as it did so many years ago when I was just a kid. I am so happy to have CCS back in my life.

Same here! Even in the late 1990s and early 2000s it had wonderful animation, attention to details, a beautiful story on top of absolutely lovable characters. I am watching it after 15 years and I can remember everything about it. Although I actually re-watched some of my favourite episodes from the first run when the BD version came out but that was also quite some time back, around 6-7 years back I think.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jan 7, 2018 12:07 AM

Aug 2011
shanimebib said:
I missed Yamazaki-kun and his encyclopedia. Good to have him back!

game8910 said:

Same here! Even in the late 1990s and early 2000s it had wonderful animation, attention to details, a beautiful story on top of absolutely lovable characters. I am watching it after 15 years and I can remember everything about it. Although I actually re-watched some of my favourite episodes from the first run when the BD version came out but that was also quite some time back, around 6-7 years back I think.

Yeah because same studio and same staff.
Jan 7, 2018 12:08 AM

Jan 2012
I used to like it but tastes change as we grow older. I wish they could have made it more mature like madoka (not that mature but still appeals for older audience)
Jan 7, 2018 12:14 AM

Jan 2013
Nice~ I feel good when I left all all CCS manga on my school 15 yrs ago :D. Like I found a many Rurouni Kenshin manga that someone left on a table when I was on 1st yr hs. HAHAHA so Nostalgic. Glad to survive all those years. Yay! CLAMP favorite!
Pyon2WarpKunJan 7, 2018 12:21 AM
Jan 7, 2018 12:18 AM

Aug 2011
deviruchi787 said:
I used to like it but tastes change as we grow older. I wish they could have made it more mature like madoka (not that mature but still appeals for older audience)

Please no. We don't need plot twist like that. CCS fine the way it is.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card-hen Episode 14 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2018

38 by Serhiyko »»
Apr 10, 1:31 PM

» Am I the only one who is a little disappointed with the new series so far? ( 1 2 )

blissful_Harmony - Feb 14, 2018

67 by Arichan66 »»
Jan 31, 8:09 AM

Poll: » Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card-hen Episode 22 Discussion

Fayrin - Aug 9, 2018

36 by glowings »»
Jan 3, 4:20 PM

» How much of the manga does this adapt?

GrayZStars - Nov 12, 2023

2 by GrayZStars »»
Nov 12, 2023 8:16 PM

Poll: » With who will Daidouji Tomoyo and Li Mei Ling end up or will they end up single ?

KingSunWukong - Nov 11, 2023

7 by KingSunWukong »»
Nov 12, 2023 10:08 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.