Forum Settings
Forums

Calling women "honey" and "sweetheart" is now harassment

New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jan 12, 2018 9:54 AM

Jun 2011
as long as its not condescending i dont see a problem with it (though the condescending part is kind of a different issue), theres lots of wpmen that like to say "sweetie" and i only have an issue when its condescending (though then you just say one right back at them)
PurplePanties said:
TBH I call most women I meet "luv" or "Sweetheart", I never see a problem with it, I think "morning luv" or "sweetheart" is better than "morning woman".
In all my years I have only ever had one person reply "I'm not your luv", to which I replied "alright then sweetheart" and they fucked off.
hahaha nice one man
Jan 13, 2018 3:50 AM

Mar 2009
Honestly think about it objectively for a moment: being called by that is yes, demeaning and it's giving petn ames to someone based off gender is similar to calling them a pet name like a child.

Might not be harassment, but professionally it makes you kind of shitty
Jan 13, 2018 7:15 PM

Jun 2016
Saburo_Sakai said:
This is now pushing it little to far with this whole dumb “sexual harassment” claims.

Yes
PurplePanties said:
TBH I call most women I meet "luv" or "Sweetheart", I never see a problem with it, I think "morning luv" or "sweetheart" is better than "morning woman".
In all my years I have only ever had one person reply "I'm not your luv", to which I replied "alright then sweetheart" and they fucked off.

Lmao

I honestly do think a line needs to be drawn somewhere over these claims though. Who knows where we will be in a few years if this keeps going on? I understand that certain words can be deemed sexual harassment, but at this rate society will deem saying hi to someone as harassment as well.
Jan 13, 2018 7:37 PM

Jun 2015
I wouldn't mind being called "honey" or "sweetheart."
:)
Jan 14, 2018 4:14 AM
Chu2byo

Apr 2013
-MysteriousAura- said:
Saburo_Sakai said:
This is now pushing it little to far with this whole dumb “sexual harassment” claims.

Yes
PurplePanties said:

Lmao

I honestly do think a line needs to be drawn somewhere over these claims though. Who knows where we will be in a few years if this keeps going on? I understand that certain words can be deemed sexual harassment, but at this rate society will deem saying hi to someone as harassment as well.

TBH I dont even get what is sexually harassing about, I could get calling someone "sugar-tits" or something similar could be deemed inappropriate but to me calling someone "luv", "sweetheart" or "flower" is the same as calling someone "mate", "dude" or "bro".
Jan 22, 2021 7:35 AM
Jul 2018
removed-user said:
You know who mostly calls me “sweetheart” and “honey”?
Old women.

If you live in the southern US, the context of those terms isn’t really that big an issue. It only starts to become an issue when it actually extends to harassment. But those aren’t even common condescending or misused terms when compared to other words and other contexts.

If you’ve got an abusive supervisor or something else similar, they’ll usually be “condescending” in much nastier ways, especially if they feel like they’re the top of the food chain.

I agree 100%. My female teachers at school used to call me “sweetheart” especially my high school chemistry teacher. I also got called that term by a waitress at a buffet. It’s a common greeting in some countries. This topic is really awkward though.
Jan 22, 2021 8:14 AM
May 2009
I never understood why some people address women as sweetheart or honey when they aren't intimate or know the women they are speaking to.

What happened to good old Miss, Ma'am or Madam.
Jan 22, 2021 8:28 AM

Sep 2020
even if that was true

why do you want to call women "honey" and "sweetheart" so much

literally what would it hurt to just not do that

let me know

plus you wouldn't go up to a man you don't know and call them honey/sweetheart or anything that implicates that you know them better than you do

its disrespectful to act like ur familiar with someone that you aren't familiar with
Jan 22, 2021 10:11 AM

Mar 2020
I don’t mind being called honey or sweetheart. People call me that all the time at work and it doesn’t bother me.

Should I be offended? I don’t get it

How can they see the love in our eyes
And still, they don't believe us?
And after all this time
They don't want to believe us

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » school uniform or no school uniform which is better? ( 1 2 )

deg - Feb 21

97 by Ex-Aid »»
1 hour ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

669 by Hitagi__Furude »»
2 hours ago

» What do you think about online friendship?

Mehwish_999 - Apr 21

41 by ShimmyShimmur »»
3 hours ago

» (Personality) Try to paste 3 different statements that matter to you

IpreferEcchi - Yesterday

14 by R-unknown »»
5 hours ago

» Do you enjoy nature?

Kamikaze_404 - Today

23 by Rhaelynne »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.