Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Poputepipikku Episode 1 Discussion

Jan 26, 2018 4:44 PM
The first episode was pretty meh. I don't hate it but I don't love it either. It was a little funny and it was cool to see the references it made but, honestly, I'd rather watch an anime with the characters from the opening. I didn't bother to watch the second half of the video because I'm pretty sure it's the same thing with very few differences... Despite this, I might go back to watch more of it to, you know, give it another chance.

Jan 29, 2018 1:14 AM

lol so random, lol so meme

it's not like I find it completely unfunny as Baka test but it's not funny either.
Planetes said:
Living alone and dying alone... alone... How could anyone be satisfied with that? It's stupid... Space is too big to face all alone.

Feb 2, 2018 5:55 AM

10/10 best anime of 2018

"once you've met someone
you never really forget them.
it just takes a while for your
memories to return."

()

Feb 2, 2018 10:38 AM

That was fucking weird as shit, and I loved it lol. This will be....interesting to say the least.

Feb 5, 2018 4:44 PM

Well, I miss Heybot.

Feb 17, 2018 4:49 AM

That was awesome. But I'm not sure I want to watch a full season of it.

Mar 27, 2018 6:52 PM

So many gags and references in such a short time~ I almost thought I dl-ed the wrong anime.

Never thought I'd see a goddamn fidget spinner in here lmao

Apr 2, 2018 5:11 PM
I realize i don't like nonsense stuff

Apr 15, 2018 7:38 PM

Love the various references! Especially the Berserk one!!!!

Apr 16, 2018 2:07 PM

Its just like a really bad episode of Robot Chicken but Japan-edition, dropped

AlanStratmann said:
It was innovative, in terms of the way it was handled. However, the gags themselves were unfunny.

Watch Robot Chicken, this borrowed the same format, hardly innovative

Apr 20, 2018 8:41 PM

Sosogu?
LMAO at that reveal.
LMAO at Popuko getting hit by the bus.
LMAO at Pocket Monsters.
LMAO at that 4th wall break.
Not that fidget spinner crap.
lol at the SSJ eyes.
lol at dude putting up the middle fingers.

Good start. LMAO I thought I was watching the wrong anime at first. Sosogu's head looks like the tip of a penis.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).

Apr 21, 2018 5:30 AM

Shimapan-chan said:
Its just like a really bad episode of Robot Chicken but Japan-edition, dropped

AlanStratmann said:
It was innovative, in terms of the way it was handled. However, the gags themselves were unfunny.

Watch Robot Chicken, this borrowed the same format, hardly innovative
Problem is, with a few exceptions, Robot Chicken is painfully unfunny. I liked it back in primary (think I might have a disc lying around somewhere) but whenever I watch a scene now, usually because it's on television, I'm usually disappointed or just bored. Some of the jokes are unpleasant too. Not because it's offensive or anything, South Park's one of my favourite western animated shows, but because Robot Chicken relies on being gross too often. An entire skit where the joke is about birds shitting on people. I'll get more of a laugh out of the ridiculous Your Name. parody, or the skit with the owl that Pop Team Epic did any day over something unpleasant.

Also, I tend to enjoy anime where it's evident that the cast enjoyed making it. The amount of different voice actors and the creativity that Pop Team Epic has shows that the staff had fun with it.

Not trying to praise the show for being amazing though. If I had to score it, I'd probably give it a 3/10? It's pretty shitty. Alright fun though.

Back to the topic, I don't actually see any similarity to Robot Chicken! Is it because they're both short random skits? What makes you think Pop Team Epic borrowed this format from Robot Chicken, as if Robot Chicken was the first show to ever do small skits?

Apr 29, 2018 2:07 AM
i came here looking for references i might have missed, but 99% of the comments here are not helpful.

i'll leave this here for others like me

Pop Team Epic Episode 1 References
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yh_crSz1R-s

Aug 31, 2018 12:01 PM
Well, I didn't want those neurons anyway.

Jan 22, 4:24 PM

i knew id be thrown into a loop the minute the kimi no na wa scene showed up

Mar 26, 3:11 PM

This is either the most brilliant anime ever, or the worst dog turd ever. Take your pick.

Aug 24, 7:13 AM

I'm not upset.

I'm surprised they put so many references I could spot. Chrono Trigger, Super Mario World, Skyrim, Berserk, Totoro, Pokemon. Did it start with the manly voices for you guys? It seemed better with the girl voices.

Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]