Forum Settings
Forums

Would you like to see a Harem Anime where the MC is Black ?

New
Would you like to see a Harem Anime where the MC is Black ?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 6, 2018 7:29 AM

Jul 2015
logopolis said:
For Japan, wouldn't a protagonist who was Korean make more sense in the context of this sort of question?

or chinese.
s
s
s
s
s
s
s
s
s
s
s
s
s
s
s
s
s
s
s
s

yeah my reply was too short for MAL
It's okay to smirk

Jan 6, 2018 7:37 AM
Jul 2018
Why am I not surprised that people are shitposting, calling the thread bait, and voting, "no", asking something as retarded and redundant as, "but why not Native American etc?"
LOL! Youtube comments are more mature. You guys always claim you don't give a damn about race in anime, and look at how you're reacting.
Hypocrites.

To answer the topic (unlike the shitposters) yes...but at the same time, I'm not entirely sure if a Japanese creator can actually make an MC black, without doing something like a negative stereotype.
For crying out loud, we can't even get an anime set in New York, where there are non-white people. F*cking New York.
No foreign characters > badly portrayed foreign characters.

@Vyzass

A social justice warrior doesn't ask people their opinions.
A social justice warrior fights.
I thought people on MAL would know more vocabulary, at least moreso than Youtube comments.
Jan 6, 2018 7:38 AM

Apr 2016
NihilisticLoner said:
Why am I not surprised that people are shitposting, calling the thread bait, and voting, "no", asking something as retarded and redundant as, "but why not Native American etc?"
LOL! Youtube comments are more mature.

To answer the topic (unlike the shitposters) yes...but at the same time, I'm not entirely sure if a Japanese creator can actually make an MC black, without doing something like a negative stereotype.
For crying out loud, we can't even get an anime set in New York, where there are non-white people. F*cking New York.

Why do you calling my opinion retarded ?
Jan 6, 2018 7:40 AM
Jul 2018
Swagernator said:
NihilisticLoner said:
LOL! Youtube comments are more mature.

Where am I calling anyone's opinion retarded?
Jan 6, 2018 7:41 AM

Apr 2016
NihilisticLoner said:

"asking something as retarded and redundant as, "but why not Native American etc?"

Here
Jan 6, 2018 7:42 AM

Mar 2012
NihilisticLoner said:
Swagernator said:

Look at the bolded word for emphasis.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jan 6, 2018 7:46 AM
Jul 2018
@NeoAnkara
@Swagernator

Yeah. I'm saying it's retarded to ask, "Why not topic X" even though the topic is Y, not X.
It's like one guy talks about apples, then the other guys start whining and ask why don't they talk about oranges. Those guys should gtfo.
Jan 6, 2018 7:48 AM

Mar 2016
why did so many people say no? whats wrong?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 6, 2018 7:50 AM

Apr 2016
_Poochyena_ said:

There is nothing wrong, but you know, Opinions.

Also those 19x Yes, can easily be alts.
Jan 6, 2018 7:51 AM

Mar 2012
Wait I just realize that there are poll in this thread.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jan 6, 2018 7:52 AM

Jun 2017
If it's someone like Agil from SAO, yeah that'd be cool.
I'm a shitposter for fun
Jan 6, 2018 7:53 AM

Nov 2009
@logopolis @addioo12

Why Korean or Chinese ?
'America is a stolen country'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SM8WZ0ztMuc

Zapredon said:
It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.

Totally agree!

Jan 6, 2018 7:54 AM

Mar 2016
Swagernator said:
_Poochyena_ said:

There is nothing wrong, but you know, Opinions.

Also those 19x Yes, can easily be alts.

Oh, you have a point then. :(

I was so surprised because I would jump at the opportunity for a harem or any anime to have a black lead. Preferably devoid of all racial stereotypes (big lips, jive talk, an afro, ect.).

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 6, 2018 2:52 PM

Nov 2012
HyperL said:
Lol, if the harem MC was black it would look just like some music videos... A black man as the singer with a bunch of thicc woman dancing around XD

Basically it would be 50 Cent-P.I.M.P. the anime.
Jan 6, 2018 7:05 PM

Nov 2012
NeoAnkara said:
I would prefer tanned at least. For the girls that is.

Tell me who that is fam, for research.
Jan 6, 2018 7:08 PM

Mar 2012
JokerJoestar said:
NeoAnkara said:
I would prefer tanned at least. For the girls that is.

Tell me who that is fam, for research.
Takemoto Uruka from BokuBen manga. Just read it yourself it's worth.
Jan 6, 2018 7:18 PM

Jul 2012
I mean you could still have a Japanese protagonist to have an interracial couple and transfer students especially from Europe and America aren't particularly that uncommon. Or they're clearly stated as being half Japanese and half something else to explain the naturalization. So arguing in favor of diversity doesn't really add much since that's already a relatively common occurrence.

In relation to this particular case not really.

End Note: Please no more fanfiction, we've gotten like dozens of threads from that time you found that one niche the last thing you need is another.
Jan 9, 2018 3:06 AM
Jul 2015
I hope we get to see a Kokujin protagonist in a Harem anime soon.

Kokujin MCs would surely bring a breath of fresh life into Animes, and LNs in general, not to mention VNs.
I am someone that would like to watch a Harem Anime with 2 male leads that each gets their own harem company of girls from the main cast. For example, 1st male lead gets a company of 4 girls and 2nd male lead gets 2-3 girls etc.
Jan 9, 2018 3:22 AM

Dec 2016
You know, before, I kinda got the feeling that your threads were at least kinda genuine and you just REALLY loved harem anime and only watched the genre (been there), but with this shitpost, I'm rethinking.
Jan 9, 2018 3:34 AM

Oct 2012
It's funny the number of people that are blatantly racist on MAL. Let's see what we learned today. If MC is black, he might as well have AIDS or be native American. He's a real black man only if he puts his bitches in place. OP is a degenerate cuck or self insert or SJW for wanting a black MC. This is one of the reasons I don't even want to post here anymore. Community quality is utter trash.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Jan 9, 2018 3:45 AM

Jul 2015
katsucats said:
It's funny the number of people that are blatantly racist on MAL. Let's see what we learned today. If MC is black, he might as well have AIDS or be native American. He's a real black man only if he puts his bitches in place. OP is a degenerate cuck or self insert or SJW for wanting a black MC. This is one of the reasons I don't even want to post here anymore. Community quality is utter trash.

Agreed. But I've learned not to expect much positivity on race-related topics on MAL.

But to answer OP's question. Yes, I would. It'd be nice to get some diversity in anime. I think we're past the time where we keep defending consistently white (looking) characters in anime.
Jan 9, 2018 3:53 AM

Sep 2017
We dont need a harem nor do we want one (^o^)

"those who aren't able to find a more miserable person than themselves turn to the internet and call others losers,even though they've never met"- Satou from nhk
Jan 9, 2018 9:14 AM
Jul 2018
Yeah, why not? Maybe even in a typical high-school setting.
Jan 9, 2018 9:44 AM

Apr 2017
I wouldn't like to see a Harem...

That's it.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

58 by TsutanaiFuun »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » has the majority of people (here) seen the big 3 ? ( 1 2 3 4 )

ame - Apr 16

154 by district_marvel »»
6 minutes ago

Poll: » Hentai is the worst anime genre ever created. ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

68 by ZeroMajor12 »»
11 minutes ago

» How you feel about non-Japanese entertainment/media using Anime art style?

Dragevard - 1 hour ago

3 by Blackfire2340 »»
15 minutes ago

» Anime that low-testosterone males can't comprehend ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

62 by Nyron »»
45 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.