Forum Settings
Forums
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (125) « First ... « 60 61 [62] 63 64 » ... Last »
 
Feb 7, 2018 2:46 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 26
BlackIronZ said:
I need an anime to watch for challenge number 27 please!

Baccano!
Btooom!
Hataraku Maou-sama!
Mob Psycho 100
Shokugeki no souma
Rokka no yuusha
Paprika
 
Feb 7, 2018 3:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 35
Also looking for an anime to watch for challenge #27! I'm going for the Hardcore difficulty so if you could recommend a few because I might already be planning to watch something for a different challenge. Here's my list!
 
Feb 7, 2018 3:36 PM
 
Feb 7, 2018 5:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 52
Can one anime be used to fill multiple slots? For example, let's say someone watched an anime with a main character who is a child and that anime is also an award winning series. Can this count for completing two challenges?
 
Feb 7, 2018 5:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 1358
KaRue3 said:
Can one anime be used to fill multiple slots? For example, let's say someone watched an anime with a main character who is a child and that anime is also an award winning series. Can this count for completing two challenges?

no, only one challenge can be used for an anime
 
Feb 7, 2018 5:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 52
Thank you.
 
Feb 7, 2018 10:17 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 853
Hi
I'm having a hard time with the option 73 - Watch an anime with a title that ends with the first letter of your username
So if someone can help it would mean a lot to me

Thanks
 
Feb 7, 2018 10:20 PM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 2
Can someone give me a recommendation for the challenge?
 
Feb 7, 2018 10:24 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 52
Hmmm...

I quickly glanced at your list you had posted and saw that you had a lot of movies on there. Seems you're using it knock out films. Try the film Hal. It's short and a good watch.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/16528/Hal?q=hal
 
Feb 7, 2018 10:56 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 317
For #61 Watch an anime that mainly takes places outside of Japan, but still on Earth:

Can I watch Tiger & Bunny? Unsure since it's based in a re-imagined NYC.

 
Feb 7, 2018 11:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 738
Wyvern22 said:
Hi
I'm having a hard time with the option 73 - Watch an anime with a title that ends with the first letter of your username
So if someone can help it would mean a lot to me

Thanks

https://myanimelist.net/anime/31163/Dimension_W
 
Feb 7, 2018 11:05 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 593
Wyvern22 said:
Hi
I'm having a hard time with the option 73 - Watch an anime with a title that ends with the first letter of your username
So if someone can help it would mean a lot to me

Thanks

Tiger Mask W
Tabi Machi Late Show
Ojisan to Marshmallow
 
Feb 8, 2018 12:18 AM
Time killer

Offline
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 1546
missharlieivy said:
Can someone give me a recommendation for the challenge?


Hello, I recommend:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/31646/3-gatsu_no_Lion
https://myanimelist.net/anime/2154/Tekkon_Kinkreet
https://myanimelist.net/anime/17549/Non_Non_Biyori
https://myanimelist.net/anime/28223/Death_Parade
https://myanimelist.net/anime/1/Cowboy_Bebop
https://myanimelist.net/anime/721/Princess_Tutu

Xxort said:
For #61 Watch an anime that mainly takes places outside of Japan, but still on Earth:

Can I watch Tiger & Bunny? Unsure since it's based in a re-imagined NYC.

It's a fictional city that looks like New York, it's not NY. So invalid.
 
Feb 8, 2018 4:15 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 35
Hi!
I need arecommendation for the challenge please! (number 27)

Also, I can't find anything for (78) Watch a short anime with 70 episodes or more.
Any idea for it?




 
 
 
Feb 8, 2018 6:21 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 10
Ok so I might be a bit confused. #107 on the challenge is Finish and on-hold or dropped anime. It also says that you might be asked for the episode history as evidence. I don't really know how I could get that information. The main thing Im confused about is "If you receive the on-hold or dropped item, but don't have any anime that fits, change it to another item of the same tier." I would count my situation as this so does this mean I can change the item to another one?
 
Feb 8, 2018 6:22 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 166
NAWS said:
Challenging myself to watch double the number of anime I have watched since becoming a weeb. Randomised too. Wish me luck :P

Appears Ive got to watch both a R-rated and R+-rated anime. Im guessing that means venturing into Hentai... Irk never thought Id ever have to do that. Would definitely need a recommendation for this.

Would definitely appreciate help for the rest too given that Im a newbie. Im #1047

Also appears that I'll need a recommendation from a staff member. @Sojin pls halp



Hey just randomly saw your comment and just thought you should know that for the challenges that need a R or R+ rating, it does NOT necessarily refer to the Hentai genre. I don't watch Hentai either, so I managed to find a R+ series that was decent and only had some mild nudity throughout, I watched: Grisaia no Kajitsu.

And some ideas for R rating: Boku dake ga Inai Machi
(SO Good), Akame Ga Kill!, Arslan Senki, Another.
 
Feb 8, 2018 6:28 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 516
Tomppaa said:
Ok so I might be a bit confused. #107 on the challenge is Finish and on-hold or dropped anime. It also says that you might be asked for the episode history as evidence. I don't really know how I could get that information. The main thing Im confused about is "If you receive the on-hold or dropped item, but don't have any anime that fits, change it to another item of the same tier." I would count my situation as this so does this mean I can change the item to another one?

You have Haikyuu!! and Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou on-hold and you can finish one of them for this particular item in the challenge. You appear to have last updated these mid-2017, so either of them would be elligible for #107.
 
Feb 8, 2018 6:29 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 2741
Tomppaa said:
Ok so I might be a bit confused. #107 on the challenge is Finish and on-hold or dropped anime. It also says that you might be asked for the episode history as evidence. I don't really know how I could get that information. The main thing Im confused about is "If you receive the on-hold or dropped item, but don't have any anime that fits, change it to another item of the same tier." I would count my situation as this so does this mean I can change the item to another one?
Yes. If you do not have any anime that can be used for #107, you can change this item to any other from tier 3 that is not on your challenge list.
 
Feb 8, 2018 6:33 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 10
Lestat- said:
Tomppaa said:
Ok so I might be a bit confused. #107 on the challenge is Finish and on-hold or dropped anime. It also says that you might be asked for the episode history as evidence. I don't really know how I could get that information. The main thing Im confused about is "If you receive the on-hold or dropped item, but don't have any anime that fits, change it to another item of the same tier." I would count my situation as this so does this mean I can change the item to another one?

You have Haikyuu!! and Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou on-hold and you can finish one of them for this particular item in the challenge. You appear to have last updated these mid-2017, so either of them would be elligible for #107.


Sorry I forgot to mention this: "use any title that was started during or before July, 2017 and left unwatched" I am certain that I started Haikyu before July but I don't know how to prove that
 
Feb 8, 2018 6:43 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 516
Tomppaa said:
Lestat- said:

You have Haikyuu!! and Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou on-hold and you can finish one of them for this particular item in the challenge. You appear to have last updated these mid-2017, so either of them would be elligible for #107.


Sorry I forgot to mention this: "use any title that was started during or before July, 2017 and left unwatched" I am certain that I started Haikyu before July but I don't know how to prove that

You have last updated it in July, actually. If you go to your on-hold list, hover over the item and click on 'more', then you will be able to see more information about when you have started it and when you have updated it.
 
Feb 8, 2018 6:45 AM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 24
how to update the animes in the list
 
Feb 8, 2018 6:50 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 10
Lestat- said:
Tomppaa said:


Sorry I forgot to mention this: "use any title that was started during or before July, 2017 and left unwatched" I am certain that I started Haikyu before July but I don't know how to prove that

You have last updated it in July, actually. If you go to your on-hold list, hover over the item and click on 'more', then you will be able to see more information about when you have started it and when you have updated it.


It says Last Updated: 09-20-17 so no it's not July
 
Feb 8, 2018 6:55 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 10
Lestat- said:
Tomppaa said:


Sorry I forgot to mention this: "use any title that was started during or before July, 2017 and left unwatched" I am certain that I started Haikyu before July but I don't know how to prove that

You have last updated it in July, actually. If you go to your on-hold list, hover over the item and click on 'more', then you will be able to see more information about when you have started it and when you have updated it.

Ohhhhhhhh I found a thing I have never seen before. Like the full details. Sorry for wasting your time lol
 
Feb 8, 2018 7:16 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 349
Finish an on-hold or dropped anime - use any title that was started during or before July, 2017 and left unwatched; state the original start date and how many episode were previously watched; the anime can't have just one episode; the anime doesn't need to be on your on-hold/dropped list. Use any that you previously started watching and left without finishing for the longest. Note that you might be asked for your episode history as evidence.
If you receive the on-hold or dropped item, but don't have any anime that fits, change it to another item of the same tier.

Does this mean that I am unable to use Sakura Quest?
 
Feb 8, 2018 7:24 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 2741
ToosokaRin said:
Finish an on-hold or dropped anime - use any title that was started during or before July, 2017 and left unwatched; state the original start date and how many episode were previously watched; the anime can't have just one episode; the anime doesn't need to be on your on-hold/dropped list. Use any that you previously started watching and left without finishing for the longest. Note that you might be asked for your episode history as evidence.
If you receive the on-hold or dropped item, but don't have any anime that fits, change it to another item of the same tier.

Does this mean that I am unable to use Sakura Quest?
Why you shouldn't be able to use it? The date on the screenshot is before July, 2017.
 
Feb 8, 2018 8:22 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 349
mozgow said:
ToosokaRin said:
Finish an on-hold or dropped anime - use any title that was started during or before July, 2017 and left unwatched; state the original start date and how many episode were previously watched; the anime can't have just one episode; the anime doesn't need to be on your on-hold/dropped list. Use any that you previously started watching and left without finishing for the longest. Note that you might be asked for your episode history as evidence.
If you receive the on-hold or dropped item, but don't have any anime that fits, change it to another item of the same tier.

Does this mean that I am unable to use Sakura Quest?
Why you shouldn't be able to use it? The date on the screenshot is before July, 2017.

the anime can't have just one episode this part. Dont understand what it means
 
Feb 8, 2018 9:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 516
ToosokaRin said:
mozgow said:
Why you shouldn't be able to use it? The date on the screenshot is before July, 2017.

the anime can't have just one episode this part. Dont understand what it means

Sakura Quest has 25 episodes, you have watched only one. It does not mean anything in this case, you can use it just fine.
 
Feb 8, 2018 9:39 AM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 3
Can I get a recommendation for (27) please?

Thank you.
 
 
 
Feb 8, 2018 12:22 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 2545
ToosokaRin said:
mozgow said:
Why you shouldn't be able to use it? The date on the screenshot is before July, 2017.

the anime can't have just one episode this part. Dont understand what it means
I'm pretty sure that means the show itself can't just be one episode. Like an OVA or movie that you stopped halfway through couldn't count. You should be fine using Sakura Quest; the fact that you've only watched one episode so far is no problem.
Modified by abhutrash, Feb 8, 2018 12:36 PM
Give my rock daughter a profile picture!
I apparently maxed out the pic submissions x_x
Mods please fulfill my wish





Ride the rapturous rainbow! Poyon-poyon, poyoyoyoyoon! Pyorin-chuu~
 
Feb 8, 2018 3:41 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 5
I want someone to comment an anime for me to watch , for the challenge #27
 
Feb 8, 2018 3:42 PM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 13
TheBlackHeart said:
I want someone to comment an anime for me to watch , for the challenge #27

try this one
https://myanimelist.net/anime/17873/Pokemon_Best_Wishes_Season_2__Decolora_Adventure
 
Feb 8, 2018 3:44 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 5
Jerichoyasha said:
TheBlackHeart said:
I want someone to comment an anime for me to watch , for the challenge #27

try this one
https://myanimelist.net/anime/17873/Pokemon_Best_Wishes_Season_2__Decolora_Adventure
ok
Thanks
 
 
Feb 8, 2018 4:12 PM
🌕🚀System;Reset

Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 10353
Please don't double/triple post, just edit your last reply
@prisuguimoto
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1697305&show=3050#msg53975338
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1697305&show=3050#msg53975343
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1697305&show=3050#msg53975360

@Tomppaa
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1697305&show=3100#msg53988628
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1697305&show=3100#msg53988669


Khalan said:
#71 do umlauted characters count? ie. Märchen Mädchen I also need a rec for #102; any staff member willing to help me out :)

71 No
102 https://myanimelist.net/anime/4177/Bounen_no_Xamdou
https://myanimelist.net/anime/7662/Shinrei_Tantei_Yakumo
https://myanimelist.net/anime/7674/Bakuman
https://myanimelist.net/anime/8934/Star_Driver__Kagayaki_no_Takuto

Natsuaki said:
Does Aoi Bungaku qualify for the following item? (96) Watch an anime with 5 or more human adults as the main cast Aside from maybe one or two, most of these 8 main characters look like adults and are described as such. It's an anthology series based on various famous Japanese short stories, so they're taken from all over the place. Or should I make sure there's some source indicating a clear age for all the human adult/human child related items?

You should make sure there's at least some sort of mention related to their age. No need for it to be the exact age... I haven't seen that title, so I would need to research before answering

GONY100 said:
Hello, I would like to participate in the challange but before I do I have a question- Do I need to update my own profile / list with whatever I watch due to the challange? Like I need to watch a certain anime so I need to add it to my list (and update it) to make it count towards the challange? (Personal OCD question :3)

For it to be valid, yes. The anime used has to be marked as such on your anime list (if possible make sure that they have their dates listed) and on your challenge list.

Rozalin said:
Challenge Staff Recommendation Category Rec me anything Here's my AnimeList

https://myanimelist.net/anime/6211/Tokyo_Magnitude_80
https://myanimelist.net/anime/7592/Nurarihyon_no_Mago
https://myanimelist.net/anime/20431/Hoozuki_no_Reitetsu
https://myanimelist.net/anime/12031/Kingdom

Tomppaa said:
Lestat- said:

You have Haikyuu!! and Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou on-hold and you can finish one of them for this particular item in the challenge. You appear to have last updated these mid-2017, so either of them would be elligible for #107.
Sorry I forgot to mention this: "use any title that was started during or before July, 2017 and left unwatched" I am certain that I started Haikyu before July but I don't know how to prove that

You can always try checking your episode history for your anime
TuyNOM said:
[...]Click on the anime -> Edit details -> History
Example for Katanagatari:



 
Feb 8, 2018 4:21 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 2
Hey, this is the first time doing this challenge. Is there any easy way to find anime that have been scored by less than 50 people?
 
Feb 8, 2018 4:48 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 593
Eytherzea said:
Hey, this is the first time doing this challenge. Is there any easy way to find anime that have been scored by less than 50 people?

Click on advanced search in the anime search, look at the Columns section and select "Total Members" (also select Finished Airing under Status)
Modified by Baskervillain, Feb 8, 2018 4:51 PM
 
Feb 8, 2018 5:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 458
(105) Watch a completed anime that doesn`t have forum discussion threads

Hey does it count if I make the forum discussion or can there not be one at all
 
Feb 8, 2018 6:54 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 5
Can I get a recommendation for:

Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread

Watch an anime recommended to you by a challenge staff member
 
Feb 8, 2018 7:43 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 36
nt02 said:
Can I get a recommendation for:

Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread

Watch an anime recommended to you by a challenge staff member


for 27:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/10357/Jinrui_wa_Suitai_Shimashita
https://myanimelist.net/anime/22135/Ping_Pong_The_Animation
https://myanimelist.net/anime/1827/Seirei_no_Moribito
https://myanimelist.net/anime/17909/Uchouten_Kazoku
 
Feb 8, 2018 7:57 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 723
nt02 said:
Can I get a recommendation for:

27 - Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread

102- Watch an anime recommended to you by a challenge staff member


Since we have an 58% compatibility, going to rec some stuff I like and think you might enjoy ^^

27:
Drifters
Uchouten Kazoku
Samurai 7

102:
Usagi Drop
Ping Pong The Animation
Planetes

o7
 
Feb 8, 2018 9:32 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 44
Can I get recommendations for

(27) Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread:

(Preferably a show not longer than 40 episodes and available on Crunchyroll. Thank you in advance)
 
Feb 8, 2018 9:37 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 738
TundraIB said:
Can I get recommendations for

(27) Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread:

(Preferably a show not longer than 40 episodes and available on Crunchyroll. Thank you in advance)


I do not use Crunchyroll so I have no idea if they're on it.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/1698/Nodame_Cantabile
https://myanimelist.net/anime/9834/Level_E
https://myanimelist.net/anime/31376/Flying_Witch
https://myanimelist.net/anime/21843/Shingeki_no_Bahamut__Genesis
 
Feb 8, 2018 11:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 81
Hey guys got a question for ya. for number #57 (Primarily of one gender) Could i use Durarara? Far as i can tell it's 4 guys and 2 girls as the main cast. would that work? I have a back-up if not, but i would like to know in advance.
"Make sure to remember, every person and place has a right to exist. It's true for you too, the entire world, as a whole, is your home." - Ginko
 
Feb 9, 2018 1:24 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 131
when it says 'watch a completed anime...' as a requirement does my start date have to be after the anime has finished airing? or can you watch an anime as it's airing then fill them in the list where applicable after it has completed?
 
Feb 9, 2018 1:57 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 2741
Genkai said:
(105) Watch a completed anime that doesn`t have forum discussion threads

Hey does it count if I make the forum discussion or can there not be one at all
Yes, you can create one. The requirement is the anime did not have one when you started watching it.

But if someone else was to create one, and there was no difference between your start date for the anime and thread creation date, you would still need screenshot proving that there was no discussion thread.


TheMightyMushi said:
Hey guys got a question for ya. for number #57 (Primarily of one gender) Could i use Durarara? Far as i can tell it's 4 guys and 2 girls as the main cast. would that work? I have a back-up if not, but i would like to know in advance.

Yes, it's valid for that item.


taximals said:
when it says 'watch a completed anime...' as a requirement does my start date have to be after the anime has finished airing? or can you watch an anime as it's airing then fill them in the list where applicable after it has completed?

Your start date the for the anime must not be before anime airing end date. It can be the same day anime finished airing.
Modified by mozgow, Feb 9, 2018 2:06 AM
 
Feb 9, 2018 4:11 AM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 22
@AWC_mod could you please give me a recommendation?
 
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Top
Pages (125) « First ... « 60 61 [62] 63 64 » ... Last »