Forum Settings
Forums
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (125) « First ... « 58 59 [60] 61 62 » ... Last »
 
Feb 3, 2018 3:20 PM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 17
So I just watched this movie https://myanimelist.net/anime/12035/Dwaejiui_Wang and as it's not really stated which city it is taking place, does it still count for the "(61) Watch an anime that mainly takes places outside of Japan, but still on Earth" as it's a Korean movie which thus should take place in a Korean school, even though it isn't stated explicitely. Just asking to make sure, since I could put it somewhere else as well.
Modified by Xinc1, Feb 3, 2018 3:25 PM
 
Feb 3, 2018 3:36 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 124
Cookie-Badger said:
Does anyone know of some anime that has a main character who is a professional in their field (and get paid for their service like a lawyer/doctor/teacher etc)? For challenge number 21! Thanks!


https://myanimelist.net/anime/32828/Amaama_to_Inazuma Inuzuka Kouhei is a Teacher
https://myanimelist.net/anime/1521/Black_Jack_the_Movie Hazama Kuroo is a Doctor
https://myanimelist.net/anime/326/Petshop_of_Horrors Count D owns a Petshop and Leon is a Detective
https://myanimelist.net/anime/151/Re__Cutey_Honey Honey works at an office and Natsuko works as an Investigator at the police
https://myanimelist.net/anime/28621/Subete_ga_F_ni_Naru__The_Perfect_Insider Saikawa Souhei is a Professor
https://myanimelist.net/anime/6956/Working all mais characters work at a restaurant
                                  
 
Feb 3, 2018 4:14 PM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 17
@LonelyLittleStar If you are still looking for anime that starts in november, the way I search for something like that is: advanced search, fill in your november and any year, make sure to check "start date" as a column, then search and sort by date by clicking on the "start date" on top of the start date column. The result looks like this. (search for november 2012)
 
Feb 3, 2018 4:42 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 36
 
Feb 3, 2018 6:00 PM
Space Cadet

Offline
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 68
Xinc1 said:
@LonelyLittleStar If you are still looking for anime that starts in november, the way I search for something like that is: advanced search, fill in your november and any year, make sure to check "start date" as a column, then search and sort by date by clicking on the "start date" on top of the start date column. The result looks like this. (search for november 2012)


I could never figure out how to work that advanced search :0
Thank youuu!!
 
Feb 3, 2018 6:24 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 3
vicctoria watch barakamon :3
 
Feb 3, 2018 7:34 PM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2018
Posts: 6
Hello, everyone, new to the site and all that.

If I started watching an anime this january before I entered the challenge, can I still use it for an entry? Stuff like Violet Evergarden, Beatless, that kind of thing.
 
Feb 3, 2018 8:31 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 498
CritEngine said:
Hello, everyone, new to the site and all that.

If I started watching an anime this january before I entered the challenge, can I still use it for an entry? Stuff like Violet Evergarden, Beatless, that kind of thing.


Yeah, you can use any anime you started watching during the challenge period (January 1, 2018 - December 24, 2018) regardless of when you posted your sign-up form.

Here is a link to the page with the FAQ which may help with future questions.
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1697305
Modified by Tubbyman, Feb 3, 2018 8:35 PM
 
Feb 3, 2018 8:34 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 290
Hey, guys, need a bit of clarification/help with these 2 challenges:
(29) Watch an anime from the predictive search using a participant on your sign up page:
Don't know what to do here at all.
(98) Watch an anime that combines one of your favorite and least favorite genres:
The big problem here is that I see 2 types of scores, one it's for "mean score" and the other is for "weighted score", I don't know which one should I use for challenge #98.
"What a Player, what a Champion here at Wimbledon, the first man to win 8 Championships."
Andrew Castle on Roger Federer winning his 19th Grand Slam title.
 
Feb 3, 2018 8:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 498
tlato_but said:
Hey, guys, need a bit of clarification/help with these 2 challenges:
(29) Watch an anime from the predictive search using a participant on your sign up page:
Don't know what to do here at all.
(98) Watch an anime that combines one of your favorite and least favorite genres:
The big problem here is that I see 2 types of scores, one it's for "mean score" and the other is for "weighted score", I don't know which one should I use for challenge #98.


For 29: Go to the forum page that has your sign-up sheet and take another persons username from the same page and put it into the search bar. Just make sure you are searching by anime instead of all and do not hit the "view all results" button, you have to use one from the initial results.

For 98: The results determined by weighted score are the ones meant to be used.

If I didn't explain those very well here is a link to the post with explanations for each item if it helps with further questions:
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1696289&show=3
Modified by Tubbyman, Feb 3, 2018 10:00 PM
 
Feb 4, 2018 3:25 AM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 199
I know this is related to anything but can people put the initial post number in the section which states initial post.
 
Feb 4, 2018 3:30 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 1007
hello!

(73) Watch an anime with a title that ends with the first letter of your username: #

Please can someone help?! Need to find an anime which ends in a C. however I have watched Blood-C already and wouldn't like to use this one again. anyone got any recs?

Thanks, ~ Canaan

(The fails when you realize that typing 'Magic' in the bar could give you anime ending in C. -.-)
Modified by Canaan, Feb 4, 2018 3:50 AM

"By Depending on others and letting them
Depend on you, people can Exceed what
they can do as Individuals." - Mikoto Misaka

"Rokkon Shojo!"
 
Feb 4, 2018 3:37 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 3296
Canaan said:
hello!

(73) Watch an anime with a title that ends with the first letter of your username: #

Please can someone help?! Need to find an anime which ends in a C. however I have watched Blood-C already and wouldn't like to use this one again. anyone got any recs?

Thanks, ~ Canaan
I've found some:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/5030/Maria†Holic
https://myanimelist.net/anime/710/Rec
https://myanimelist.net/anime/14513/Magi__The_Labyrinth_of_Magic
https://myanimelist.net/anime/861/xxxHOLiC
https://myanimelist.net/anime/34104/Knights___Magic
 
Feb 4, 2018 4:51 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 18
Guys I have a question relating this task
106. Watch the Top anime recommended to your Favorite Anime:
I'm choosing Bakemonogatari as my favorite anime. Do I have to watch Katanagatari which is the most recommended anime to Bakemonogatari or can I watch any other anime recommended to it.

Learn to accept how to Embrace the Fear of feeling about what's it like to Contemplate what it is to know true pain, because when I had nothing and no one, I always had PAIN
 
Feb 4, 2018 5:39 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 349
Query:
58. Watch an anime with 3 or more human adults as the main cast - they should be 18 years old or older (age clearly stated; doesn't need to be stated on MAL, just link the site you saw it or request an edit for the character page)

I am using the anime Takunomi. Their ages are listed on the character pages, and I was wondering what to link. Or can I just link the anime. Idk how I should approach this.
 
Feb 4, 2018 5:44 AM
Treasure Hunter

Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 196
FarazAneesQ said:
Guys I have a question relating this task
106. Watch the Top anime recommended to your Favorite Anime:
I'm choosing Bakemonogatari as my favorite anime. Do I have to watch Katanagatari which is the most recommended anime to Bakemonogatari or can I watch any other anime recommended to it.


For this challenge specifically, yes, you'd have to watch Katanagatari (unless you've already seen it).
There's also item Nr. 74 "Watch one of the Top 5 anime recommended to your Favorite Anime", which would allow you to choose.

ToosokaRin said:
Query:
58. Watch an anime with 3 or more human adults as the main cast - they should be 18 years old or older (age clearly stated; doesn't need to be stated on MAL, just link the site you saw it or request an edit for the character page)

I am using the anime Takunomi. Their ages are listed on the character pages, and I was wondering what to link. Or can I just link the anime. Idk how I should approach this.


Linking just the Anime should be fine in that case. Of course, if you'd link the character profile's in addition, you'd save the mods a little bit of work, but it'd be valid either way.
Modified by Natsuaki, Feb 4, 2018 5:48 AM
There is nothing terribly wrong with feeling lost, so long as that feeling precedes some plan on your part to actually do something about it. Too often a person grows complacent with their disillusionment, wearing their discomfort like a favorite shirt - Johnny C.

 
Feb 4, 2018 5:48 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 349
Natsuaki said:
FarazAneesQ said:
Guys I have a question relating this task
106. Watch the Top anime recommended to your Favorite Anime:
I'm choosing Bakemonogatari as my favorite anime. Do I have to watch Katanagatari which is the most recommended anime to Bakemonogatari or can I watch any other anime recommended to it.


For this challenge speciafically, yes, you'd have to watch Katanagatari (unless you've already seen it).
There's also item Nr. 74 "Watch one of the Top 5 anime recommended to your Favorite Anime", which would allow you to choose.

ToosokaRin said:
Query:
58. Watch an anime with 3 or more human adults as the main cast - they should be 18 years old or older (age clearly stated; doesn't need to be stated on MAL, just link the site you saw it or request an edit for the character page)

I am using the anime Takunomi. Their ages are listed on the character pages, and I was wondering what to link. Or can I just link the anime. Idk how I should approach this.


Linking just the Anime should be fine in that case. Of course, if you'd link the character profile's in addition, you'd save the mods a little bit of work, but it'd be valid either way.


Thanks for the answer. Winter 2018 has some really good anime this season that can meet some of these requirements lol. Only thing is you have to wait until season is over lol.


Another Query:
Can i use Gakuen Babysitters for 59. Watch an anime with at least two human children as main character. The wiki states Taka and Kotarou as being in the toddler age group, but doesn't designate a specific age.
Modified by ToosokaRin, Feb 4, 2018 5:56 AM
 
Feb 4, 2018 6:48 AM
Dreamcatcher

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 995
ToosokaRin said:
Natsuaki said:


For this challenge speciafically, yes, you'd have to watch Katanagatari (unless you've already seen it).
There's also item Nr. 74 "Watch one of the Top 5 anime recommended to your Favorite Anime", which would allow you to choose.



Linking just the Anime should be fine in that case. Of course, if you'd link the character profile's in addition, you'd save the mods a little bit of work, but it'd be valid either way.


Thanks for the answer. Winter 2018 has some really good anime this season that can meet some of these requirements lol. Only thing is you have to wait until season is over lol.


Another Query:
Can i use Gakuen Babysitters for 59. Watch an anime with at least two human children as main character. The wiki states Taka and Kotarou as being in the toddler age group, but doesn't designate a specific age.


Yes, you can use that anime. Regarding to your previous query, just state the character's name plus their ages (stating their ages isn't required but saves time). Linking to their specific pages isn't required but is allowed.




Believe. Act as if.
Live like you already have it. It’s coming. ☆


☆ Card Deliveries ☆

 
Feb 4, 2018 7:00 AM
🌕🚀System;Reset

Online
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 10225
ToosokaRin said:
Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread Can someone recommend me an anime

https://myanimelist.net/anime/36038/Net-juu_no_Susume
https://myanimelist.net/anime/30014/Momokuri
https://myanimelist.net/anime/7662/Shinrei_Tantei_Yakumo
https://myanimelist.net/anime/4177/Bounen_no_Xamdou


Xinc1 said:
So I just watched this movie https://myanimelist.net/anime/12035/Dwaejiui_Wang and as it's not really stated which city it is taking place, does it still count for the "(61) Watch an anime that mainly takes places outside of Japan, but still on Earth" as it's a Korean movie which thus should take place in a Korean school, even though it isn't stated explicitely. Just asking to make sure, since I could put it somewhere else as well.

With that reasoning, most of the Japanese animation would take place in Japan unless explicitly stated otherwise.... But it's better to use one where you can be sure of the place.
Modified by SheyCroix, Feb 4, 2018 7:14 AM
 
Feb 4, 2018 7:16 AM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 17
SheyCroix said:
Xinc1 said:
So I just watched this movie https://myanimelist.net/anime/12035/Dwaejiui_Wang and as it's not really stated which city it is taking place, does it still count for the "(61) Watch an anime that mainly takes places outside of Japan, but still on Earth" as it's a Korean movie which thus should take place in a Korean school, even though it isn't stated explicitely. Just asking to make sure, since I could put it somewhere else as well.

With that reasoning, most of the Japanese animation would take place in Japan unless explicitly stated otherwise.... But it's better to use one where you can be sure of the place.


Alright, thanks, I'll put it somewhere else :)
 
Feb 4, 2018 8:43 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 1458
Hey! Could someone recommend me an anime for challenge (27) Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread.
Thank you!
 
Feb 4, 2018 9:07 AM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 36
TowardsTheStars said:
Hey! Could someone recommend me an anime for challenge (27) Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread.
Thank you!


https://myanimelist.net/anime/33337/ACCA__13-ku_Kansatsu-ka
https://myanimelist.net/anime/21185/Baby_Steps
https://myanimelist.net/anime/28223/Death_Parade
 
Feb 4, 2018 9:11 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2017
Posts: 203
(41) Watch an anime by a studio with 3 to 30 anime in MAL`s database
Anyone got any?
Don't give up, whatever the hell it is you are thinking of giving up on.
 
Feb 4, 2018 9:22 AM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 36
violadim said:
(41) Watch an anime by a studio with 3 to 30 anime in MAL`s database
Anyone got any?


For that, you can go to Anime Search and look at the studio section for ones with no more than 30 anime. You also have to double check the anime you want to use by going to its page and making sure the studio is listed under "Studio."

For example, I was going to use Flip Flappers (Studio 3Hz), but then decided to go with Kokkoku (Geno Studio).
 
Feb 4, 2018 10:59 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2017
Posts: 4
Hello, this is all very new to me as I have barely seen any anime. Is there a way to search with certain criteria. I would also love any recommendation for these.

(99) Watch an anime rated R+
(88) Watch an anime adapted from a Picture Book
(82) Watch an anime which began airing between 1917 and 1959:
(83) Watch an anime which began airing between 1960 and 1979
Watch an anime which began airing between 1980 and 1989
(38) Watch a Korean or Chinese anime

Also not exactly sure what does this mean?
(29) Watch an anime from the predictive search using a participant on your sign up page:
Watch an anime from your least favorite studio by weighted score on Anime+

What if I have no dropped or on hold anime?
(107) Finish an on-hold or dropped anime

My last question is how to find anime that has no discussion thread or really low score counts (scored by 50 or less)

Thank you a lot and sorry for all the questions.
 
Feb 4, 2018 11:26 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 35
Hello guys, does "(34) Watch a stand-alone OVA" means that you have to watch an OVA with just one episode or an OVA that has no connection to anime and manga?

Thanks in advance!
 
Feb 4, 2018 11:35 AM
Treasure Hunter

Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 196
Habe1337 said:
Hello, this is all very new to me as I have barely seen any anime. Is there a way to search with certain criteria. I would also love any recommendation for these.

(99) Watch an anime rated R+
(88) Watch an anime adapted from a Picture Book
(82) Watch an anime which began airing between 1917 and 1959:
(83) Watch an anime which began airing between 1960 and 1979
Watch an anime which began airing between 1980 and 1989
(38) Watch a Korean or Chinese anime

Also not exactly sure what does this mean?
(29) Watch an anime from the predictive search using a participant on your sign up page:
Watch an anime from your least favorite studio by weighted score on Anime+

What if I have no dropped or on hold anime?
(107) Finish an on-hold or dropped anime

My last question is how to find anime that has no discussion thread or really low score counts (scored by 50 or less)

Thank you a lot and sorry for all the questions.


99) I saw Highschool of the Dead and it's quite fun, but if you prefer your shows a little less raunchy, Berserk can safely be recommended, although it is a very dark show, especially towards the latter half.
88) That's a tricky one since many of these are children's shows/movies and those rarely get subbed. Yasashii Lion is a good choice, though.
82) Basically only short and short movies from here. You can watch Namakura Gatana, one of if not the oldest Anime there is.
83) Watch Anne of Green Gables, a classic as well as a very nice coming of age story.
As for an anime from the 80s... there are a lot of cool movies and OVAs, but I haven't seen a whole lot from this decade and don't like blind recommendations, but Akira might be a safe bet.
38) Again, nothing I have seen myself, but many people seem to enjoy Quan Zhi Gaosho, it's about esports, so maybe you'll like it.

29) Means that you take the user name of another participant (let's say "Natsuaki") and enter it into the search bar at the upper right corner of MAL.
If you do that, Natsume Yuujinchou, Saki and Akiba's Trip pop up among others.

Anime + refers to Anime Graph, a site that creates all kinds of statistics for your viewing habits. I'm not sure if it works when you haven't seen as many anime, but it should be working eventually. You just enter your username into the bar you see on that page and it automatically links it to your MAL account.
Once you have your profile, you can tap "Favorites" on there and when you scroll all the way down, you can see your favorite to least favorite studios. And your task here is to pick any show your least favorite studio made and watch it (though make sure they are sorted by weighted, "W", that is the default setting)

And when you have no On-Hold or Dropped Anime, the item descriptions says that you can pick a show that you last watched an episode of During July 2017 or earlier.
If you don't have that either, you'll have to swap this item with another.

And as for the last question... there is no quick method, but the way I did it is the following;
Tap "Top Anime" in the upper left corner of MAL, then pick "Most popular" and make sure to go towards the end of that list.
Click here for a good entry point.
Then you have to pick whatever lookd good, see if it fits the requirements and if it's available (because many shows who have little discussion surrounding them simply can't be watched)
There is nothing terribly wrong with feeling lost, so long as that feeling precedes some plan on your part to actually do something about it. Too often a person grows complacent with their disillusionment, wearing their discomfort like a favorite shirt - Johnny C.

 
Feb 4, 2018 11:37 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 1570
Hmm... I've not updated my MAL account between its creation ~5 years ago and this February. Yet I got 'finish series that's on-hold/dropped' from the randomizer. Does it count if I finish something that has been dropped for, for example four years, even though I did not update it to my MAL account back then? How about the shows I've marked on-hold/dropped earlier this month before picking up the challenge? Generally those have not been touched in years.



Close the world
Open the nExt
 
Feb 4, 2018 11:38 AM
Treasure Hunter

Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 196
yarus965 said:
Hello guys, does "(34) Watch a stand-alone OVA" means that you have to watch an OVA with just one episode or an OVA that has no connection to anime and manga?

Thanks in advance!


It means that it can't be an OVA with a connection to an already existing show (No related anime). It's fine to watch if it's an adaptation of a Manga though.
There is nothing terribly wrong with feeling lost, so long as that feeling precedes some plan on your part to actually do something about it. Too often a person grows complacent with their disillusionment, wearing their discomfort like a favorite shirt - Johnny C.

 
Feb 4, 2018 11:44 AM
Treasure Hunter

Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 196
NthDegree said:
Hmm... I've not updated my MAL account between its creation ~5 years ago and this February. Yet I got 'finish series that's on-hold/dropped' from the randomizer. Does it count if I finish something that has been dropped for, for example four years, even though I did not update it to my MAL account back then? How about the shows I've marked on-hold/dropped earlier this month before picking up the challenge? Generally those have not been touched in years.


The general idea is that the last episode you saw of the show must have been watched by you during July 2017 or earlier, even if you didn't set it to On-Hold or Dropped
When it's about a show you didn't put into your MAL 4 years ago, that's more tricky and I don't think it's valid.
A safe way to check when you last updated a show if you're uncertain would be to ask someone on your friend list to check the "stats" tab on the corresponding show.
There is nothing terribly wrong with feeling lost, so long as that feeling precedes some plan on your part to actually do something about it. Too often a person grows complacent with their disillusionment, wearing their discomfort like a favorite shirt - Johnny C.

 
Feb 4, 2018 11:45 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2017
Posts: 4
Natsuaki said:
Habe1337 said:
Hello, this is all very new to me as I have barely seen any anime. Is there a way to search with certain criteria. I would also love any recommendation for these.

(99) Watch an anime rated R+
(88) Watch an anime adapted from a Picture Book
(82) Watch an anime which began airing between 1917 and 1959:
(83) Watch an anime which began airing between 1960 and 1979
Watch an anime which began airing between 1980 and 1989
(38) Watch a Korean or Chinese anime

Also not exactly sure what does this mean?
(29) Watch an anime from the predictive search using a participant on your sign up page:
Watch an anime from your least favorite studio by weighted score on Anime+

What if I have no dropped or on hold anime?
(107) Finish an on-hold or dropped anime

My last question is how to find anime that has no discussion thread or really low score counts (scored by 50 or less)

Thank you a lot and sorry for all the questions.


99) I saw Highschool of the Dead and it's quite fun, but if you prefer your shows a little less raunchy, Berserk can safely be recommended, although it is a very dark show, especially towards the latter half.
88) That's a tricky one since many of these are children's shows/movies and those rarely get subbed. Yasashii Lion is a good choice, though.
82) Basically only short and short movies from here. You can watch Namakura Gatana, one of if not the oldest Anime there is.
83) Watch Anne of Green Gables, a classic as well as a very nice coming of age story.
As for an anime from the 80s... there are a lot of cool movies and OVAs, but I haven't seen a whole lot from this decade and don't like blind recommendations, but Akira might be a safe bet.
38) Again, nothing I have seen myself, but many people seem to enjoy Quan Zhi Gaosho, it's about esports, so maybe you'll like it.

29) Means that you take the user name of another participant (let's say "Natsuaki") and enter it into the search bar at the upper right corner of MAL.
If you do that, Natsume Yuujinchou, Saki and Akiba's Trip pop up among others.

Anime + refers to Anime Graph, a site that creates all kinds of statistics for your viewing habits. I'm not sure if it works when you haven't seen as many anime, but it should be working eventually. You just enter your username into the bar you see on that page and it automatically links it to your MAL account.
Once you have your profile, you can tap "Favorites" on there and when you scroll all the way down, you can see your favorite to least favorite studios. And your task here is to pick any show your least favorite studio made and watch it (though make sure they are sorted by weighted, "W", that is the default setting)

And when you have no On-Hold or Dropped Anime, the item descriptions says that you can pick a show that you last watched an episode of During July 2017 or earlier.
If you don't have that either, you'll have to swap this item with another.

And as for the last question... there is no quick method, but the way I did it is the following;
Tap "Top Anime" in the upper left corner of MAL, then pick "Most popular" and make sure to go towards the end of that list.
Click here for a good entry point.
Then you have to pick whatever lookd good, see if it fits the requirements and if it's available (because many shows who have little discussion surrounding them simply can't be watched)


Thank you very much! I am actually really amazed by the amount of time you had to(probably) spend looking that up for me. Greatly appreciated!
 
Feb 4, 2018 12:22 PM
Treasure Hunter

Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 196
Habe1337 said:
Thank you very much! I am actually really amazed by the amount of time you had to(probably) spend looking that up for me. Greatly appreciated!


No problem, mate. That's what this thread is for, after all.
There is nothing terribly wrong with feeling lost, so long as that feeling precedes some plan on your part to actually do something about it. Too often a person grows complacent with their disillusionment, wearing their discomfort like a favorite shirt - Johnny C.

 
Feb 4, 2018 12:57 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 27
jhoson14 said:
Mitsz said:


I still need a recommendation for (102) Watch an anime recommended to you by a challenge staff member, someone please and thanks.



Some recs for 102:
Tsurezure Children
ReLIFE
Zetsuen no Tempest

Hope one of those picks your interest. Good luck and have fun with your challenge ^^


Thank you!! I'm gonna try ReLife.
 
Feb 4, 2018 1:19 PM
🌕🚀System;Reset

Online
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 10225
NthDegree said:
Hmm... I've not updated my MAL account between its creation ~5 years ago and this February. Yet I got 'finish series that's on-hold/dropped' from the randomizer. Does it count if I finish something that has been dropped for, for example four years, even though I did not update it to my MAL account back then? How about the shows I've marked on-hold/dropped earlier this month before picking up the challenge? Generally those have not been touched in years.

If the dropped one wasn't updated as in that you at least had it on your list with x episodes marked as watched, then you can use it. For the others, as long as you can see in your episode history that they were previously watched then you can go ahead and use them.

@Natsuaki Thanks for helping out, but please remember to not double post ;)

 
Feb 4, 2018 1:30 PM
Treasure Hunter

Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 196
SheyCroix said:
@Natsuaki Thanks for helping out, but please remember to not double post ;)



Whoops, my bad.
Sorry!
There is nothing terribly wrong with feeling lost, so long as that feeling precedes some plan on your part to actually do something about it. Too often a person grows complacent with their disillusionment, wearing their discomfort like a favorite shirt - Johnny C.

 
Feb 4, 2018 1:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 1570
SheyCroix said:
NthDegree said:
Hmm... I've not updated my MAL account between its creation ~5 years ago and this February. Yet I got 'finish series that's on-hold/dropped' from the randomizer. Does it count if I finish something that has been dropped for, for example four years, even though I did not update it to my MAL account back then? How about the shows I've marked on-hold/dropped earlier this month before picking up the challenge? Generally those have not been touched in years.

If the dropped one wasn't updated as in that you at least had it on your list with x episodes marked as watched, then you can use it. For the others, as long as you can see in your episode history that they were previously watched then you can go ahead and use them.

@Natsuaki Thanks for helping out, but please remember to not double post ;)



I meant it as in 'the dropped series had not aired until 2014 and was therefore not on my list at all'.



Close the world
Open the nExt
 
Feb 4, 2018 2:01 PM
🌕🚀System;Reset

Online
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 10225
NthDegree said:
SheyCroix said:
If the dropped one wasn't updated as in that you at least had it on your list with x episodes marked as watched, then you can use it. For the others, as long as you can see in your episode history that they were previously watched then you can go ahead and use them.
I meant it as in 'the dropped series had not aired until 2014 and was therefore not on my list at all'.

If that's the case I suggest you change the item, since you might be requested for your episode history as evidence it was un-watched.
 
Feb 4, 2018 4:45 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2017
Posts: 4
Any recommendation for these?
(75) Watch an anime with 3 or more main characters with unnatural hair color
(76) Watch an anime with 4 or more main characters with natural hair color
(108) Watch an anime with 6 or more main characters with natural hair color

Thanks!
 
Feb 4, 2018 5:15 PM

Online
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 1357
Habe1337 said:
Any recommendation for these?
(75) Watch an anime with 3 or more main characters with unnatural hair color
(76) Watch an anime with 4 or more main characters with natural hair color
(108) Watch an anime with 6 or more main characters with natural hair color

Thanks!


75: Aria The Animation
76: Osomatsu-san
108: Azumanga Daioh
 
Feb 4, 2018 7:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 1110
(98) Watch an anime that combines one of your favorite and least favorite genres

Comedy and Dementia.

I prefer something past 2010. What do you have?
 
Feb 4, 2018 7:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 593
Century_Orion said:
(98) Watch an anime that combines one of your favorite and least favorite genres

Comedy and Dementia.

I prefer something past 2010. What do you have?

Mawaru Penguindrum applies. It aired in 2011.
 
Feb 4, 2018 8:46 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 2
Hey guys! I'm looking for a rec for the challenge-- I watch a lot of shounen so if y'all can think of something along those lines that'd be helpful ^^
 
Feb 4, 2018 8:57 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 36
cinderbella98 said:
Hey guys! I'm looking for a rec for the challenge-- I watch a lot of shounen so if y'all can think of something along those lines that'd be helpful ^^


https://myanimelist.net/anime/16918/Gin_no_Saji
https://myanimelist.net/anime/15809/Hataraku_Maou-sama
https://myanimelist.net/anime/29785/Jitsu_wa_Watashi_wa
https://myanimelist.net/anime/29854/Ushio_to_Tora_TV
 
 
Feb 4, 2018 11:24 PM
Carnage Fortuna

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 7494
@AWC_mod Hello again! Thank you for adding my first set of animated banners for the AWC. :D They are not the final set, btw. I made this second batch for this event and I hope participants would consider using them too.




@SheyCroix Please and thank you! :D


@Lyfa
@Omikami
Just in case you're curious.. >w>
 
Feb 4, 2018 11:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 1304
I have another question... Does exclamation marks affect any challenges? (Anime ending with first letter of username, etc.)
linkus // delivery . garden of eden . set by saelogy .
 
Feb 5, 2018 12:03 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 33
Watch an anime recommended to you by a challenge staff member:

Can i just receive that suggestion here or do i have to use PM?
 
Feb 5, 2018 12:16 AM
Time killer
Offline
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 1548
Baty said:
Watch an anime recommended to you by a challenge staff member:

Can i just receive that suggestion here or do i have to use PM?

3 possibilities
It could be in a comment (link com-to-com/conversation), in a club's thread or in the discussion thread.


GalaXys said:
I have another question... Does exclamation marks affect any challenges? (Anime ending with first letter of username, etc.)

Exclamation marks are excluded.
Exclude any numbers and/or special characters
 
Feb 5, 2018 2:12 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 349
Query: Should i take a screenshot of a VA's roles in case they get more roles in the future so it doesnt invalidate the 5 or less roles?

Query 2: Should I also take a screenshot of an anime studio that meets the 3-30 requirement incase they announce another anime before i complete the challenge?

It doesn't say a screenshot is needed, but I don't want my challenge to get invalidated later on because a VA gets more roles or a studio releases another anime making it have 31 anime instead of 30.
 
Feb 5, 2018 4:35 AM
🌕🚀System;Reset

Online
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 10225
ToosokaRin said:
Query: Should i take a screenshot of a VA's roles in case they get more roles in the future so it doesnt invalidate the 5 or less roles? Query 2: Should I also take a screenshot of an anime studio that meets the 3-30 requirement incase they announce another anime before i complete the challenge? It doesn't say a screenshot is needed, but I don't want my challenge to get invalidated later on because a VA gets more roles or a studio releases another anime making it have 31 anime instead of 30.

You are free to take them just in case something changes later on, of course. If you go with a studio close to hitting more than 30.... well, why not go with one with lower entries? ;) The one that could changes faster is the VA, so I do suggest taking that one.

LunyRed said:
@AWC_mod Hello again! Thank you for adding my first set of animated banners for the AWC. :D They are not the final set, btw. I made this second batch for this event and I hope participants would consider using them too.




@SheyCroix Please and thank you! :D

Thanks again~~ ♥
 
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Top
Pages (125) « First ... « 58 59 [60] 61 62 » ... Last »