Forum Settings
Forums
your name.
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 19, 2018 5:46 AM

Jul 2017
@5layer they didn't ask stupid just because they dont check the year. If I was in that situation I wouldn't check the year unless someone told me or I saw it somehow. Unless, the teacher has the year on the board I wouldn't even have known.
Feb 19, 2018 5:55 AM

Sep 2008
Zerity said:
@5layer they didn't ask stupid just because they dont check the year. If I was in that situation I wouldn't check the year unless someone told me or I saw it somehow. Unless, the teacher has the year on the board I wouldn't even have known.
But would you live the other person's life for them for several weeks while doing nothing about your situation or would you immediately try to get in contact with them and meet up? That would lead you to finding out about the date difference within a week. The way the characters responded to the situation isn't realistic at all.
Feb 19, 2018 6:04 AM

Jul 2017
@5layer no not really, I wouldn't really want to meet up with them.
Feb 19, 2018 6:38 AM

Sep 2008
Zerity said:
Either way the day of the week mismatches when there's a 3 year gap. You'd notice.
Feb 19, 2018 6:51 AM

Oct 2015
5layer said:
Zerity said:
Either way the day of the week mismatches when there's a 3 year gap. You'd notice.
They switch bodies randomly, there's a chance that they switch bodies wherein weekdays/ends match in both timelines. It was briefly shown in the movie when Taki(as Mitsuha) was wearing her school uniform on a weekend. They're probably aware of this being a potential plot hole but then again they can just dismiss this as a plot convenience if anything and not exactly a plot hole. Since it can happen both ways, they decided to make the characters not notice the time on purpose.
Feb 19, 2018 7:08 AM

Sep 2008
EGOIST said:
5layer said:
They switch bodies randomly, there's a chance that they switch bodies wherein weekdays/ends match in both timelines. It was briefly shown in the movie when Taki(as Mitsuha) was wearing her school uniform on a weekend. They're probably aware of this being a potential plot hole but then again they can just dismiss this as a plot convenience if anything and not exactly a plot hole. Since it can happen both ways, they decided to make the characters not notice the time on purpose.

Yeah, my point to that guy was that it wouldn't work out like this in reality and the characters really are portrayed as being quite stupid to make it work out the way that it did. There's a lot of conveniences like this throughout the movie. It didn't actually bother me enough to dislike the movie but I can see why so many people hate it as much as they do.
Feb 19, 2018 8:14 AM

Sep 2014
5layer said:
EGOIST said:

Yeah, my point to that guy was that it wouldn't work out like this in reality and the characters really are portrayed as being quite stupid to make it work out the way that it did. There's a lot of conveniences like this throughout the movie. It didn't actually bother me enough to dislike the movie but I can see why so many people hate it as much as they do.

I guess that if you don't like magic, then there's no reason to complain on a story about supernatural phenomenon. Briefly, no it doesn't work like this in reality because this story is completely fictional and you just set up your own rules based on a vaguely explained phenomenon.
Feb 19, 2018 8:52 AM

Sep 2008
Hrybami said:
I guess that if you don't like magic, then there's no reason to complain on a story about supernatural phenomenon. Briefly, no it doesn't work like this in reality because this story is completely fictional and you just set up your own rules based on a vaguely explained phenomenon.

I didn't set anything up. The characters make stupid decisions and react unrealistically within the context of the movie. Being fictional and supernatural doesn't excuse bad writing. I'm sure you've seen at least one fantasy/supernatural anime where some character did something you thought was stupid or even acted completely out of character just to force some plot to work and it probably annoyed you. It's that feeling. You just happened to not feel it in this movie. A lot of people did, though. In many places.
Feb 19, 2018 9:04 AM

Jul 2017
@5layer ye some character would make dumb choices. First its not bad writing, second maybe you would have noticed the dates but the character maybe would not have, and just because they didn't notice it doesn't make them dumb, third they switched places in different locations lets say if they both body switched in tokyo yes they could tell the difference in years, but the didn't. They were in way diffrent locations from a city to a village like place.
Feb 19, 2018 9:16 AM

Sep 2014
5layer said:
Hrybami said:

I didn't set anything up. The characters make stupid decisions and react unrealistically within the context of the movie. Being fictional and supernatural doesn't excuse bad writing. I'm sure you've seen at least one fantasy/supernatural anime where some character did something you thought was stupid or even acted completely out of character just to force some plot to work and it probably annoyed you. It's that feeling. You just happened to not feel it in this movie. A lot of people did, though. In many places.

Characters can act unrealistically only if firstly the rules defined mismatch with the behaviour of the characters. The only way you can say that something is unrealistic is being an expert on the matter. Here in this movie the characters are drastically altered within time and physical bodies. So unless you have already experienced something similar, you can't argue for sure that the supernatural phenomenon isn't playing on their mind or memories. Like I said, the phenomenon is vaguely explained so it makes it impossible to identify which situation is unrealistic unless there's evidence that point out that they actually did acknowledge the time skip.
Feb 19, 2018 9:51 AM

Jul 2015
Hrybami said:
5layer said:

Characters can act unrealistically only if firstly the rules defined mismatch with the behaviour of the characters. The only way you can say that something is unrealistic is being an expert on the matter. Here in this movie the characters are drastically altered within time and physical bodies. So unless you have already experienced something similar, you can't argue for sure that the supernatural phenomenon isn't playing on their mind or memories. Like I said, the phenomenon is vaguely explained so it makes it impossible to identify which situation is unrealistic unless there's evidence that point out that they actually did acknowledge the time skip.

I once took acid and LSD then ate shrooms and thought I was a different person and it was nothing like this.
Feb 19, 2018 9:54 AM

Sep 2008
Hrybami said:
You can apply this to literally any fictional work to try to defend any stupid thing it does. Just because it's fictional and people haven't experienced it doesn't mean it can do anything and get away with people not thinking it was stupid.
Feb 19, 2018 10:04 AM

Sep 2014
5layer said:
Hrybami said:
You can apply this to literally any fictional work to try to defend any stupid thing it does. Just because it's fictional and people haven't experienced it doesn't mean it can do anything and get away with people not thinking it was stupid.

What does being stupid has to do with being unrealistic?
Feb 19, 2018 10:36 AM

Sep 2008
Hrybami said:
5layer said:

Guess I made it too general and you intentionally let it go over your head.

Having unrealistic circumstances isn't going to make people accept literally any unrealistic thing that happens. Does that sound better to you? If one of the characters in this movie suddenly turned into a dragon and then turned back to normal a second later and it was never mentioned ever again in the movie and all the characters acted like it never happened, the viewer is going to notice and point out that it made no sense or was stupid or was unrealistic within the context of the movie.
Feb 19, 2018 11:00 AM

Sep 2014
5layer said:
Hrybami said:

Guess I made it too general and you intentionally let it go over your head.

Having unrealistic circumstances isn't going to make people accept literally any unrealistic thing that happens. Does that sound better to you? If one of the characters in this movie suddenly turned into a dragon and then turned back to normal a second later and it was never mentioned ever again in the movie and all the characters acted like it never happened, the viewer is going to notice and point out that it made no sense or was stupid or was unrealistic within the context of the movie.

If something is stupid to you doesn't mean it's stupid for everyone else. But if something is stupid because the circumstances went in a different direction than what the plot suggested then yes it can be considered unrealistic. However, if something stupid happens when the plot also appears to move on with it and makes it factual within the set of rules of the supernatural element of the show, then it's hardly unrealistic.

Stupidity is subjective while unrealistic isn't. At least you can still say that the situation is unusual within its circumstance, but unrealistic is a bit of a stretch.
Mar 14, 2018 5:53 AM

Nov 2014
Saw this post on reddit thought it might be relevant here
Compare this and this.

Also these 2

Director was aware of this plot hole throughout the movie which means it was left unfixed which means there is a reason why MCs didnt notice change in days. Remember there was one scene where Taki wakes up in Mizuha's body and changes to her uniform for only to be reminded by sister that there was no school.

My guess would be that when they wake up they forget details just like how we forget our dreams easily. Personally i can be really illogical in my dreams where i wouldnt question out of the ordinary stuff like aliens and what not too
Mar 16, 2018 6:55 AM
Feb 2018
The only thing that bothered me about the movie, is that Taki clearly has an iPhone 6 (or any of the immediate variants/successors which share the same basic design), which only came out in late 2014, while Mitsuha lives in 2013, long before the iPhone 6 was even announced and its design was shown to the public. She spends a lot of time in Taki's body using the phone, so why on Earth didn't she notice that he had a phone that nobody in her own time-frame had ever seen? And why didn't Taki notice that Mitsuha's phone was an antiquity by 2016's standards?

Small detail, and it didn't really ruin the movie for me (even if it did bother me a little). It's just something I know I would have noticed and questioned if I was in either Taki or Mitsuha's position...
May 16, 2018 2:24 AM
Aug 2015
Now I want to go through this film looking for all the times the date was shown on screen. dorothy3242 made an excellent point - they writers knew about the date/day discrepancy even if the characters didn't notice it.
It's true that randomly 4/7 would mismatch weekend/weekday but on the 3/7 times when they are both weekdays most people wouldn't notice the difference.
Maybe only that once did the weekend/weekday clash occur.
Also they have imperfect memories going from one body to the other - they were often disorientated and only vaguely remembered the events of their switches - try remembering both the date and which day of the week something from your childhood happened on... that's how I think of it.
In such a situation there is so much 'noise' distracting you that it's easy to miss an obvious detail unless you look for the discrepancy.
May 16, 2018 2:32 AM
Aug 2015
Kasperow, wow you recognise the type of a phone? I've had the same phone for years and couldn't even tell you the make and model. As for a girl from a rural town being aware of phone models let alone caring... If it was the case that the thread used in the braiding sequences was no longer produced in those colours three years later do you think Taki would have noticed?
If the time difference was more significant, like before smart phones existed then it'd be more noticeable - but even then: "wow isn't the tech. in Tokyo so much more advanced than out here" covers a lot.
May 23, 2018 1:06 PM
Jul 2018
Nunnally03 said:
I think, even if they noticed... they wouldn't really care. Because all they know is that they switched trough their dreams, it doesn't matter if they are from different worlds or time., they didn't really care about that at first. They just enjoyed the experience while making sure that their lives wouldn't completely change. They only started to care after they started to like each other or get curious about each other.

For me the only thing I didn't like about the movie was that

that works for me

Also why are you letting a small plot hole ruin the whole experience, just enjoy man!
My english teacher used to say- don't overthink of literature, movies.They are meant to be enjoyed
Oct 26, 2018 10:09 AM
Aug 2015
I've just rewatched the movie, aaaaand yep, what a HUGE plot hole.

Just by checking the news (could be sports, politics, anything), going to rewatch this fun video you know, or anime, or cool new song you like, it would be obvious.

Another thing: if this happened to me, the first thing I'd do is asking the email adress or phone number of the other one, for contacting him/her, and just call. Or simply, meeting each other! By doing this they would immediatly understand they're not in the same year.
I know the studio was aware of this hole, but I don't feel they managed to explain it properly.

Kunal- said:
Nunnally03 said:
I think, even if they noticed... they wouldn't really care. Because all they know is that they switched trough their dreams, it doesn't matter if they are from different worlds or time., they didn't really care about that at first. They just enjoyed the experience while making sure that their lives wouldn't completely change. They only started to care after they started to like each other or get curious about each other.

For me the only thing I didn't like about the movie was that

that works for me

Also why are you letting a small plot hole ruin the whole experience, just enjoy man!
My english teacher used to say- don't overthink of literature, movies.They are meant to be enjoyed

Well, first it's not a "small plot hole", but that's not the point.
Sometimes you can't just turn off your brain and appreciate the movie, you can't control that. It's like if you were saying "why are you depressed, just be happy lol". There are some plot holes that kill some animes or movies, for me, and I can't do anything.
But another thing that isn't very good in Kimi No Na Wa, for me, it's the bond between Mizuha and Taki, I just can't feel anything between them, so the drama moments were a letdown.

But the first half was an entertaining body swap light-hearted time, the visuals are just amazing and the last minutes were pretty good, so overall I still liked it. I just don't think it deserves the #2 place on MAL, not at all. It should be at 8.6.
I think Garden Of Words is a better Makoto Shinkai movie because it doesn't really try to have a plot, it's focused on the audiovisual experience, the contemplative and atmospheric mood of the garden & the rain. It's less ambitious but it's less flawed (Edit: I loved the cameo of Yukino in Kimi No Na Wa btw)
TheAskaldOct 26, 2018 10:26 AM
Dec 17, 2018 7:23 PM
Sep 2018
Well that true I also realize it but that was AFTER I wacthed the movies. Human have some habit after watching a movies they will replay every scene of the movies sequentially or just some scene they love. At this time you will realize some mistake in the detail or plothole like you mentioned, but there is little chance you will realize it right away. Well, you could call it a plothole but it's not that big so can ruined the whole story. I however call it mistakes in story details, even so it's still enjoyable to wacth.
Dec 18, 2018 3:46 AM

Jul 2015
Shinokami_ said:
Well that true I also realize it but that was AFTER I wacthed the movies. Human have some habit after watching a movies they will replay every scene of the movies sequentially or just some scene they love. At this time you will realize some mistake in the detail or plothole like you mentioned, but there is little chance you will realize it right away. Well, you could call it a plothole but it's not that big so can ruined the whole story. I however call it mistakes in story details, even so it's still enjoyable to wacth.

I did notice it as I was watching this trash movie. It's 100% a plothole. It literally ruins the story and the only counter argument is "lol ignore it".
Dec 23, 2018 3:19 PM

Mar 2018
Firstly, you're confusing plot hole with plot convenience. A plot hole is a large amount of missing key information that renders the plot incoherent, like the fact that no one heard Kane say "Rosebud". Characters not noticing the date is a convenience, not a plot hole.

Secondly, it's a justified convenience, as the characters outright state that being in the other's body is like a dream and is vague and hard to remember when they wake up. Would you notice something like the date in your own dreams?
Dec 23, 2018 3:42 PM

May 2013
Man, there are bigger issues than that silly plothole. The movie was about a "romance" that crosses through time....via a fucken body swap, lol.

Mizuha and Taki's romance felt sorely lacking and that is something that needed attention. The 2nd half felt as if it was going to deliver on the romance department but it didn't. The conclusion was well executed but it lacked any sort of depth to it. The movie just looked amazingly gorgeous, I can't take away points from it.

As for that plot-hole, you are assuming people are super attentive to details. I can recall many instances in my daily life where I lose track of what day/date/time it is when I am just being preoccupied with other stuff alone.

One can form a similar assumption on the main characters who don't have an OCD on such details. It does not render the movie incoherent.
Truly a Divine Comedy
Dec 28, 2018 12:32 AM
Oct 2016
I'm pretty sure if you were in such a situation, your first or even last thought wouldn't be "What year is this?".
Jan 18, 2019 4:57 AM
May 2018
Despite what people said, it's actually a very good point. There's a huge "time discrepency" that the characters would have undoutedly noticed quickly, ESPECIALLY since they have smartphones. And yes, if I were to wake up in a new body, I WOULD wonder what time it is: if I went somewhere else in space, of course I could be somewhere else in time.

That said, I wouldn't say it is what ruins the movie ^^. My main issue with Your Name is the total lack of originality, and the absence of explanations for anything. Why does all this happen? Why does this happen to THESE characters? What makes it happen? Nothing is ever explained! The story is not "simple" as people said, it's "empty", in the sense that everything that happens in this movie... just happens.

Finally, I remember I did feel like half the story was useless (something that was already said here, I think). That's even worse considering the movie is fairly short.
Everything changes. Even the happy and funny things eventually disappear. How can I still enjoy this place then?
- Furukawa Nagisa (Clannad)

You have to make a choice. Either you give up on your soul for the sake of science, or you give up on science to save your soul. In my case, the soul was already in pieces.
- Lloyd Asplund (Code Geass)

Do you understand the meaning behind Nunnaly's smile? She can't see or walk. So there are things in this world that she knows she can't do alone. Her smile... is her only way to show gratitude.
- Lelouch Vi Britannia (Code Geass)

Death is part of Life.
- ... Me.
Feb 3, 2019 12:46 AM

Jun 2017
you have two characters magically switching bodies and doing supernatural paradoxical time shit and somehow have their friends and family members not really notice

"how didn't they notice the different dates??" might be the least of your concerns lol, a completely logical isn't the movie's intended strongpoint
Feb 3, 2019 1:09 AM
Jul 2018
yeah I noticed that too, taki and mitsuha are so dumb
Feb 11, 2019 11:20 PM

May 2018
it's truly beautiful, yes... but ughhh somethings just don't get solved
Aug 18, 2019 11:58 PM

Aug 2017
Now that you mention it, I have the same question.

Yes, it's a plothole which was never explained. But it was a ok movie.
NurguburuAug 19, 2019 12:05 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 30, 2019 7:10 AM
Jan 2008
There was one scene before Mitsuha(taki was in Mitsuha’s body)granny and little sister was going up the mountains to the “underworld”. Taki wore school uniform. And the little sister said why the school uniform. At that day Taki probably thought it was a school day that scene kinda show that the calendar was different. Also if Mitsuha was talking to the future Taki. Instead of the 3 years early taki. How was taki still a high school student? That didn’t make sense.
Oct 1, 2019 11:11 AM

Jul 2015
xhx said:
There was one scene before Mitsuha(taki was in Mitsuha’s body)granny and little sister was going up the mountains to the “underworld”. Taki wore school uniform. And the little sister said why the school uniform. At that day Taki probably thought it was a school day that scene kinda show that the calendar was different. Also if Mitsuha was talking to the future Taki. Instead of the 3 years early taki. How was taki still a high school student? That didn’t make sense.

For the school uniform thing, I just figured it was habit to change clothes plus he probably wanted to be nude as her anyway and changing was a good excuse if caught by the girl's family. He already grabbed her boobs plenty of times.
Oct 1, 2019 11:13 AM
Jul 2018
I could see the date a dozen times a day and won't recognize it tbh.
Oct 1, 2019 11:15 AM

Jan 2016
lol this plothole annoyed me too, I still absolutely loved this movie though.

I date everything by year so its something I wouldve noticed immediately.
Jan 28, 2020 2:25 PM

Jul 2015
BTDee said:

I date everything by year so its something I would've noticed immediately.

A vast majority of people would. Plus they didn't try to add eachother on Facebook, Discord, or anything.
Aug 16, 2020 3:30 AM

Nov 2013
PsychoticDave said:
BTDee said:

I date everything by year so its something I would've noticed immediately.

A vast majority of people would. Plus they didn't try to add eachother on Facebook, Discord, or anything.
Yeah, same feeling here. I still love this anime and gave it 9/10, but it would have been 10/10 if not for several "wtf"-s.
1)Obviously the two would have realized that they're from different timelines A LONG time ago! Calendar, news, school, job! You can't be oblivious to time when going to school or job!!! BUT - had they noticed the TIME, the following wouldn't have happened:
2)Male MC should have recognized the town that gets destroyed by meteor!!! How often does such disaster happen on Earth?! An entire town getting obliterated and hundreds of people die - that would have been a top disaster discussed and remembered not only in Japan, but across the whole world! In Japan, news channels would be constantly telling stories about the said town, showing pictures before-after disaster and so on. My point is, MC would have recognized the town pretty early! And had re known that the time was different, he would have realized that the tragic event would soon happen - BUT, he can't remember shit, not until he meets the guy from the freaking town itself! It's like forgetting the national tragedy!!!

Even though i didn't give too much thought on these initially, after re-watching it several times, i just couldn't ignore it anymore.
My first impression was still kind of low. I liked it, but never did i think that it was a masterpiece. Author himself said that he honestly doesn't see this work as masterpiece, so that's that. I remember thinking that the author was overdoing twists too much.
1)Body-swap - Ok, fine that's the premise of the show.
2)A freaking meteor killed the girl and the town! - I remember feeling empty, cause the meteor surprise was totally unexpected and came out of nowhere for me. (also, I probably realized deep inside that such unusual disaster was something that MC should have remembered!!! He would never forget seeing the meteor shower, nor would he forget hearing tragic news about meteor destroying a town the same night!!!)
3)Forget the meteor, we also have different timelines in this anime!!! - To me, this was just a turn-off. So the meteor destroyed the town BUT it also happened 3 years ago?! How? What? What the hell?

Though, such twist enabled MC to save the town and we had a happy ending so, forgiven, i guess;because... i'm emotional when it comes to disasters and i was glad people survived, even if it's a fictional world. But the score can't be 10/10 because of these reasons. At least for me.
Sigmar-UnberogenAug 16, 2020 3:34 AM
Aug 21, 2020 2:27 PM
Jun 2013
Its been a while since I seen the movie, but I thought it was mentioned by the protagonists that the body swap experience was "like a dream". Just like in real life, its after you wake up that you might realize the fact that something doesn't make any sense, if you remember that detail at all. That's how I have been rationalizing them not noticing the time difference and only remember the more important parts of the body swap rather than the inconsistent dates.
Aug 21, 2020 4:16 PM

Jul 2015
zhengbenny said:
Its been a while since I seen the movie, but I thought it was mentioned by the protagonists that the body swap experience was "like a dream". Just like in real life, its after you wake up that you might realize the fact that something doesn't make any sense, if you remember that detail at all. That's how I have been rationalizing them not noticing the time difference and only remember the more important parts of the body swap rather than the inconsistent dates.

If it felt like a dream, how could they be so lucid during it and remember it so well when the story wanted them to?
Deus Ex Machina. Just shit writing.
All this movie had was amazing graphics and voice acting but without a canvas to put those on, they fall flat.
Aug 22, 2020 8:56 AM

May 2020
The characters being conveniently stupid was frustrating. Also the romance felt so rushed, forced and fake. I tried to re-watch the movie to see if I was wrong on my initial assumption, but I had to turn it off after 45 minutes because I just couldn't do it
I said with a posed look
Aug 22, 2020 11:53 AM

Jul 2015
evangelionlove said:
The characters being conveniently stupid was frustrating. Also the romance felt so rushed, forced and fake. I tried to re-watch the movie to see if I was wrong on my initial assumption, but I had to turn it off after 45 minutes because I just couldn't do it

I felt like they were going to end up being besties, not lovers. Forced af.
Oct 2, 2020 3:31 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
There’s always plot holes with anything involving time. But yeah this is kind of a big one. Although it doesn’t hurt the structure of the story too much, him realizing she died 3 years ago was kind of just meant for shock value. Maybe they could’ve get everyone to safety sooner than they actually did, but that doesn’t really matter because taki found the power of Mitsuha saki second chance ex machina

Also what exactly causes them to switch? Is it simply how the grandma explains it, that they’re family just kinda happens to do that with destined lovers to be? Or is it the ribbon that connects and switches them, because it is taki giving mitsuha the ribbon that destroys their memories of each other, right? But if it’s the ribbon that connects them then her giving it to taki on the train makes no sense, because it was because of their body switching that she went to go find him in tokyo, but they couldn’t have body switched before the ribbon was given, which is what causes the body switching in the first place- ok I’m probably reading it all wrong the ribbon probably is just there for mere symbolism and they switch bodies because the japanese love gods want them to bang. Ok yeah I should probably just not overthink it and enjoy shinkais work. Although he kinda doesn’t even want people to watch it anymore. Maybe because of the plot holes. Who knows
BetaMaleUltraOct 2, 2020 3:37 AM

NYANPASU
5700XT

Oct 12, 2020 8:41 PM

Jul 2020
Hehh, i don't even bother these plot holes. The first watch of this movie just left me speechless. It's upto you at the end. If you can enjoy something, then it's good for you. Why try so hard to find these small shits to ruin the whole enjoyment.

Oct 12, 2020 11:49 PM

Jul 2015
Tumike_42 said:
Hehh, i don't even bother these plot holes. The first watch of this movie just left me speechless. It's upto you at the end. If you can enjoy something, then it's good for you. Why try so hard to find these small shits to ruin the whole enjoyment.

I didn't try at all. It was just obvious from the moment time travel was brought into it.
Oct 13, 2020 2:15 AM

Jul 2020
PsychoticDave said:
Tumike_42 said:

I didn't try at all. It was just obvious from the moment time travel was brought into it.
ok don't get me wrong, it wasn't directed to you. I was just saying about others. But even then, the problem you mentioned is not that much of a problem to me.

Feb 5, 2021 12:04 PM
Jan 2020
dude, when was the last time you ever asked anyone what year this is?
Feb 7, 2021 6:07 AM

Jul 2015
IAMALOL said:
dude, when was the last time you ever asked anyone what year this is?

You literally didn't read anything.
Feb 9, 2021 9:31 PM

Jun 2020
Tbh I don't know why people care about plotholes. If I got full entertainment out of a show that's full of plotholes - I wouldn't give a fuck about the plotholes. I couldn't care less if they turned Bran into the Night King at the end of GOT - anything to give a better ending than what we actually got.
Feb 9, 2021 10:04 PM

Nov 2019
Out of all the things you could've criticized the movie for, you picked this? This is nitpicking at it's finest. I feel like you were watching this movie looking for flaws. That is not how you watch anime. Just enjoy the goddamn movie. It's not that deep.
Feb 10, 2021 9:33 AM

Jul 2015
ExcaliburAO said:
Out of all the things you could've criticized the movie for, you picked this? This is nitpicking at it's finest. I feel like you were watching this movie looking for flaws. That is not how you watch anime. Just enjoy the goddamn movie. It's not that deep.

It's literally not possible to not notice the day difference when you swap. One had school and the other had work. They definitely were aware of dates and should have pieced together that something wasn't right based on the way their days progressed.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimi no Na wa. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

checkdafool - Jul 3, 2016

1385 by Takai_Shinji »»
Apr 15, 3:40 PM

» The only couple that could say they’ve been in each others shoes

Angglio_1 - Apr 9

19 by Fenyy »»
Apr 14, 9:03 AM

» Something I found about Makoto Shinkai's other work

past_feelings - Apr 10

36 by TheSkilledSnake »»
Apr 13, 1:25 PM

» Is Your Name the best and worst thing to happen for Makoto Shinkai?

adharshcs - Dec 29, 2023

47 by taleco »»
Jan 2, 1:22 PM

» Happy birthday to you two..

Suka-7777-Suka - Nov 30, 2023

26 by apkaptn1 »»
Jan 2, 10:20 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.