Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 4, 2018 5:33 PM

Jun 2015
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Ippo really is broken..

the applause was good.. #ripippo
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Jan 18, 2018 8:43 AM

Mar 2016
heavy

anyways, its time to start taking bets at how long Takamuras match will last. Will he get his KO in 30 seconds? A minute? 2 seconds into round 2?
Or will he lose the match just like Ippo?
Nah, I'm just joking, that's simply not possible... Isn't it?
Jan 18, 2018 9:47 AM

Jun 2015
LegsDaddy said:
heavy

anyways, its time to start taking bets at how long Takamuras match will last. Will he get his KO in 30 seconds? A minute? 2 seconds into round 2?
Or will he lose the match just like Ippo?
Nah, I'm just joking, that's simply not possible... Isn't it?

Takamura can lose man.

It's possible did you look at his eye?
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Jan 18, 2018 9:59 AM

Feb 2015
Takamura will lose, and Ippo, after seeing his long time admired senior, an immovable and godlike champion, lose and unable to accomplish his dream, will screw kumi(as if) and get his sorry ass back onto the ring.

Kamogawa dies from a heart attack after takamura loses.
Takamura will still try to box, but will end up blind and commit suicide ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

More seriously, I'm just waiting for more chapters to see if this is worth continuing or not after this chapter. Was really triggered after I read it weeks ago, and still am. i swear HnI's subreddit was in rage after it was translated.
Jan 22, 2018 8:59 AM
Oct 2017
Yo, where do you read the manga from? What provider?
Jan 29, 2018 7:40 AM

Nov 2011
Ippo's earned my respect from his recent fight. Sometimes in life, you can't win everything but he won my respect.

Jan 29, 2018 4:26 PM
May 2013
You know, at first I was like everyone else. Disappointed at the way this manga seems to be heading. With Ippo retiring without accomplishing his dream. But after waiting from the time the last chapter came out to reading this one, I kinda like it. It actually sparked feelings from reading it. I feel disappointed, but thats the point.

If it had kept on going like a shounen where the main character doesn't fail, I would've just kept reading just to read. There would have been no suspense or doubt of his failure. But with Ippo losing and potentially retiring, I actually read it because I wanted to. And thats because it actually sparked some feeling from me. Something manga/anime doesn't do a lot anymore just because of the amount I've read/watched.

So it may not have been the intended ending for the author, but I like it nonetheless.

/rant over
Nov 1, 2021 7:41 PM

Feb 2018
Takamura's about to bm Ippo so hard..

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hajime no Ippo Chapter 1422 Discussion

kevin_video - May 30, 2023

9 by Marloges »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Hajime no Ippo Chapter 1421 Discussion

kevin_video - May 23, 2023

7 by Marloges »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Hajime no Ippo Chapter 1420 Discussion

kevin_video - Apr 25, 2023

11 by Marloges »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Hajime no Ippo Chapter 1419 Discussion

kevin_video - Apr 18, 2023

6 by Marloges »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Hajime no Ippo Chapter 1454 Discussion

kevin_video - Yesterday

0 by kevin_video »»
Yesterday, 3:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.