Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 4, 2018 6:54 AM

Feb 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
this was my favorite chapter so far ngl it reminds me of a traditional story they tell children here in my country about a boy that lives in a small village that always lies and once a wolf comes in to attack the village he sees it and proceeds to go tell everyone but no one believes him because he's known for always lying.

i felt sorry for the boy though it seemed that he really just wanted a little bit of attention. and emi's parents are absolute monsters...

because the weather was good enough
i loved every moment of it.
Apr 4, 2018 5:40 PM

Feb 2011
A fun spin on "The Boy Who Cried Wolf", I certainly enjoyed it. The look on the neighbour's face was absolutely terrifying to say the least. When it comes to this artist, the expressions on people's faces are always top notch.
Sep 29, 2021 1:00 AM
Sep 2021
A Japanese version the boy who cried wolf I guess. It was a predictable chapter, so at least in this case the boy wasn't "eaten by the wolf" in the end.

What interests me though, is how Emi's parents reacted to the situation. They saw their child as a burden, so if that was the case why not send her to the disability center earlier rather than lie about later on after she had died.
That way, her father still gets the chance to go work overseas, etc.
Though her death, I would say is more of an accident than intentional, they could have explained it to the police earlier on, rather than try to kill the boy for it.

Though this manga was written in the 1970s, I should add that in Asian countries i.e Japan, China to have a family member as disabled still feels shameful

(These Asian countries have little social progress, its just 5G and high speed rail)
Oct 6, 2021 2:43 AM

Aug 2017
The theme of child abandonement (or things like that) was quite prominent in the manga of those times, wasn't it? I saw similar motives in Tatsumi's and Tsuge's gekiga. Maruo as well. The child/parent relationship (often antagonistic) is omnipresent.

P.S. At least the thing about meatballs was a lie I guess
St0rmbladeMay 19, 2022 11:58 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Orochi Chapter 2 Discussion

AkatsukiShinobi - Apr 4, 2018

2 by Strukla »»
Nov 16, 2022 1:45 PM

Poll: » Orochi Chapter 1 Discussion

2 by Strukla »»
Nov 8, 2022 8:37 AM

Poll: » Orochi Chapter 3 Discussion

2 by Crowfinger »»
May 18, 2022 10:40 PM

Poll: » Orochi Chapter 7 Discussion

Shimapan-chan - Oct 21, 2015

6 by Yuxning »»
Nov 1, 2021 4:55 AM

Poll: » Orochi Chapter 9 Discussion

1 by Yuxning »»
Oct 1, 2021 10:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.