Forum Settings
Forums

MAL Secret Santa 2017: The Great Reveal!

New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jan 4, 2018 5:06 PM
Mar 2016
@Kineta, I was unaware that the elves were doing that as I was not on the team, however I do know that I had to write a recommendation for someone with a hidden list. Though if they were already taking steps to try and assist with this perhaps no more needed to be done
Jan 4, 2018 6:40 PM

Apr 2015
Thank you @Elf-rin for the help during the event.

Also thank you @Shinichi-Kun's for the awesome picture, i really like it ༼ つ ▀̿_▀̿ ༽つ.

And thank you @GrayShark92's for the reccomandation. ༽つ۞﹏۞༼つ ─=≡ΣO))

It was a nice event too. (۶ૈ ᵒ̌ Дᵒ̌)۶ૈ=͟͟͞͞ ⌨
Jan 4, 2018 10:42 PM
Manga Moderator
🖤🖤🖤

Sep 2012
@lemonaizeris You're very welcome! I'm glad to hear that you liked it. I used to read Homestuck a few years ago (I never finished it though but I really should) so it was pretty nostalgic going back to it for your gift. ^^

thanks to my lovely Secret Elf Santa
for the forum set~
(*’∀’人)♥
Jan 4, 2018 11:25 PM

Aug 2009
Despite being on MAL for ages, this was my first Secret Santa (actually the first event ever) and it turned to be an incredible experience and honestly just a lot of fun (˘⌣˘ )
Big thanks to all of the participants! And especially to the amazing Elves! You did an incredible job and made this whole thing possible! ♡ Thank you!

And some suggestions: Maybe next time it would be easier to create here a separate thread where Santas that already delivered their gifts could write down their willingness to help Elves?
PURAnoiacJan 4, 2018 11:29 PM
Jan 5, 2018 2:41 AM

Mar 2009
Thanks to all the elves who helped to make this happen. It was a great (and very doki doki) experience. Trying to recommend something ain't easy
Jan 5, 2018 4:33 AM

Aug 2015
Fran said:
@AdoSama

Well I can't comment or your profile nor send you a pm so I'll have to thank you here. The forum sets looks pretty damn good thanks my dude <3
Though I was wondering why Erza? just curious
You have her in your favs
can't go wrong with that

"So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide.
All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."
Jan 5, 2018 4:40 AM

Apr 2013
@Dancho Homestuck - Once you find it, there's no turning back. Once you finish it, you're ruined for life v.v (in a good way though :D)
It's fun to hear that not only receivers had fun receiving gifts of their liking.
For me it was fun to challenge myself to make something I would have not really made otherwise. That's what I liked the most about this event. Of course that is not something you can organize :D

I have few things I'd like to point out about registration for the image event. When I was registering at first the part of form that asked me to share previous resources confused me for a moment what it was asking for whether my past works I did myself or the things that I was using even if made by other people.
This confusion was cause by the sole fact that it is hard to judge your own skills and write whether you're a beginner or intermediate or even advanced. This isn't 100% relevant but since there was in the form ability to check whether you want to have secret santa to be of the same skill level that can cause some hardships. I suggest there would be additional entry in the form where you'd need to show past works that you yourself did. I believe this would be only relevant if the user wants to have gift made by or for users that are of the same skill level. Of course this means way more work for elves and main santa.
One way or another this was the only thing that I see could be improved.
Jan 5, 2018 7:00 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
PURAnoiac said:
Maybe next time it would be easier to create here a separate thread where Santas that already delivered their gifts could write down their willingness to help Elves?
This year, we had a chat channel for the event on Discord (linked to you in your confirmation PM). We pulled help from event users using this channel. It's easier than using PMs on MAL to solicit immediate help :)

lemonaizeris said:
I have few things I'd like to point out about registration for the image event.
Agreed with your points. We saw many people were confused when doing matchups, so we also made a mental note to make it more clear next year :) The skill level is to try and ensure people receive gifts that they actually will want to use for an extended period of time, not just for a few days to be nice to their Santa. The past images section is to give the Santas an idea of the style the person likes. For example, I tend to chop off the heads of all my images, like the forum set I have now :'D It's easier to see what someone likes with multiple examples.
Jan 5, 2018 11:18 AM

Dec 2015
AdoSama said:
Fran said:
@AdoSama

Well I can't comment or your profile nor send you a pm so I'll have to thank you here. The forum sets looks pretty damn good thanks my dude <3
Though I was wondering why Erza? just curious
You have her in your favs
can't go wrong with that

well you're not wrong there
Jan 5, 2018 1:57 PM

Aug 2009
Kineta said:
This year, we had a chat channel for the event on Discord (linked to you in your confirmation PM). We pulled help from event users using this channel. It's easier than using PMs on MAL to solicit immediate help :)

Gotcha! I saw the link, just misunderstood it for being used only for chatting and didn't think there will be any important info :) now I know, but for the next time I still suggest you write a message in SS thread here asking if someone will want to help (with the link to the discord) - I wanted to help, but found out about it being discussed only on discord too late. And I can't be the only one.
Jan 6, 2018 2:26 AM

Oct 2012
Thank you to all those who worked on the MAL Secret Santa, hope you all enjoyed it and/or found it rewarding.
"Hold the line" - Captain Kirrahe
Jan 6, 2018 2:19 PM

Jun 2008
Mashima said:

@animegirlxo95 : Thanks for the recommendation! I wanted to finish a manga I am currently reading before starting a new one, so I didn't read it yet. But I read the first chapter and it seems to be totally my style (I have a soft spot for sadists, haha). I will let you know when I will have read a few tomes. Thank you and happy new year!

Not a problem! I'll add you as a friend so we can keep in contact if you'd like! ^_^

By: Gasara @ DeviantArt.com <3
Jan 6, 2018 2:22 PM

Jun 2008
@Nora_moe thank you so much for your manga recommendation! I can't wait to read it! I hope you had a happy holidays and happy new year! <3

By: Gasara @ DeviantArt.com <3
Jan 7, 2018 1:50 AM

Oct 2017
@NaomiAnimeLover
Thank you for the manga recommendation, i will check it out soon, been busy since school is starting tomorrow. I hope that you had a great time participating in MAL secret santa 2017 :3
Jan 8, 2018 6:02 AM

Feb 2010
After long New Year I'm on mal again to thank my Santas. Sorry for the long wait. ^^'

@IssacandAsimov Thanks for your rec. It was very interesting adventure I must say. Very disturbing, but also interesting. Thank you for the long rec. You must have put a huge effort in it. Reading it was a lil challenging for my eng, but I truly appreciate it.

But now some words about Velveteen & Mandala. Firstly I found some images in google and I was like "no, what is this, it's too weird, too disturbing!" but I wouldn't be myself not trying to read it. And as you have written, it was weird, but also it left mi with mind full of thooughts. About the humanity, our motivations and relationships. After every chapter I need a while to rethink what I read, what was the meaning of the images and words. Also there where so many references to Ghibli movies and Gundam! Nice add. ;) I know I can't put all my thoughts here, in eng, couse it's not my native language, but you need to know that I'm very thankfull. I don't know if I would find this manga without you rec. Now I gonna look through other mangas of this author.

@Resonance Thanks for the image! I put it on my board and changed other profile "colors" so it fits. I think it will stand there for a while. Such a nice, bittersweet mix~> pink x Aku no Hana. :3
Feb 4, 2018 11:16 AM
꧁ marr

Sep 2014
I never posted in this thread to thank my creator when I knew who they where (only right after receiving my gift), I realise, and now the person has changed names!!! So, (former) Stripesu, thanks so much ^_^ I got exactly what I wanted, and I still love my forum set. It's just perfect, simple, stylish, cute and everything~ <3

LIFE IS CRAZY AND SO ARE YOU
♫♫♫

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» Best Signature Design - April 2024 | Voting

Nate - Apr 22

13 by Shino »»
7 hours ago

» | OPEN | Best Profile Design (April 2024) VOTING

KarenShirotori - Apr 21

18 by ElyTheIrenic »»
Yesterday, 2:50 PM

» [CLOSED] Best Signature Design - April 2024 | Nominations

Nate - Apr 1

9 by Nate »»
Apr 22, 6:14 AM

» | CLOSED | Best Profile Design (April 2024) NOMINATIONS

KarenShirotori - Apr 1

8 by KarenShirotori »»
Apr 21, 4:05 AM

» Best Profile Design (January 2024) WINNER

KarenShirotori - Feb 4

7 by batslimeman »»
Apr 17, 8:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.