Forum Settings
Forums

Before you say that an anime is bad first read this!

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 2, 2018 2:35 PM

Jun 2015
SuperRed said:
I can appreciate the fact that Hiro Mashima worked very hard on the Fairy Tail manga every week, sometimes releasing double or even triple chapters in one week.

But it doesn't change how badly written Fairy Tail is as a story, that's why it's sitting on my manga list with a 3/10.

I think FT is at minimum a 10/10

so your opinion is invalid.
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Jan 2, 2018 2:36 PM

Jun 2015
Minami said:
Takamura-sama said:

Yeah but you're not an anime and i said bad.

I'm just mocking your logic, if that wasn't obvious enough. Why can't I say the anime is bad just because the creators tried hard to achieve something? Trying hard to achieve something doesn't mean the result can't be bad. So yes we should bash anime if we think it's bad.

No, they worked hard.

Ok go make ur anime it's harder than you think.
go
go
do it then?
make ur own anime
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Jan 2, 2018 2:37 PM

Oct 2016
Takamura-sama said:
Minami said:

I'm just mocking your logic, if that wasn't obvious enough. Why can't I say the anime is bad just because the creators tried hard to achieve something? Trying hard to achieve something doesn't mean the result can't be bad. So yes we should bash anime if we think it's bad.

No, they worked hard.

go
go
do it then?
make ur own anime

If you're trying to troll, at least make sure you're funny. You just look dumb.
Jan 2, 2018 2:38 PM

Jun 2015
Minami said:
Takamura-sama said:

No, they worked hard.

go
go
do it then?
make ur own anime

If you're trying to troll, at least make sure you're funny. You just look dumb.

k go make ur anime im waiting?

I'm waiting do it bro
ok?

no anime yet?
Jan 2, 2018 2:39 PM

Jan 2016
Yes of course, how are they supposed to know their anime sucks?If we support trash we are going to keep getting more trash made.Maybe dont be rude but you can definitely say its bad.
Jan 2, 2018 2:40 PM

Nov 2012
Takamura-sama said:
SuperRed said:
I can appreciate the fact that Hiro Mashima worked very hard on the Fairy Tail manga every week, sometimes releasing double or even triple chapters in one week.

But it doesn't change how badly written Fairy Tail is as a story, that's why it's sitting on my manga list with a 3/10.

Not when it has the single worst final arc of any mainstream shonen series.
Jan 2, 2018 2:42 PM

Jun 2015
SuperRed said:
Takamura-sama said:

Not when it has the single worst final arc of any mainstream shonen series.

Even I, The biggest FT fanboy ever, quit reading it at alvarez arc.

I'm giving you that. The last arc was bs and made me drop the manga score from a 10/10 to a 7/10.

I'm sure A1 pictures will make alvarez arc great.
Jan 2, 2018 2:43 PM

Jun 2015
Loriental said:
Yes of course, how are they supposed to know their anime sucks?If we support trash we are going to keep getting more trash made.Maybe dont be rude but you can definitely say its bad.

You can telll them to try harder next time, but don't say it's bad.
Jan 2, 2018 2:51 PM

Jan 2016
Takamura-sama said:
Loriental said:

You can telll them to try harder next time, but don't say it's bad.

Why would I lie?If its bad its bad nothing is changing that.
Jan 2, 2018 2:55 PM

Jan 2016
Hold the fuck up, this was a troll all along... just look at his profile, his own rating system uses the words bad and terrible.Should've noticed when op used the "If you cant do better you cant complain" logic.
Jan 2, 2018 5:10 PM

Jun 2015
Loriental said:
Hold the fuck up, this was a troll all along... just look at his profile, his own rating system uses the words bad and terrible.Should've noticed when op used the "If you cant do better you cant complain" logic.

lol why do u think that i troll?

2+3=5-4-3=2983 quick mafs
Jan 3, 2018 12:58 AM

Jun 2016
I have no problem with bashing an anime if it warrants such. Why should every anime be given a pass just because of effort?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 3, 2018 1:00 AM
Nov 2017
All anime productions can be good or bad. And any company is capable of making a good anime with the same amount of work as a bad one.
Jan 3, 2018 1:03 AM

Jan 2016
Working hard is not something that should get you immune from criticism though. I mean if that's how the world works, this world will crumble.
Jan 3, 2018 1:16 AM

Oct 2017
Yeah, definitely a yes that I agreed with all your statement. Animating is a really challenging thing to do. I know that because I attempted to animate one time but I just give up on how tiresome and hard it was to do that. I'll say even the most skilled animators who enjoyed doing it would get tired drawing many frames in their career, not forgetting the times I've heard about the industry overworking their employees. If you add up all the other things such as voice-acting, coloring or editing, it made me respect all the shows they've given us, even when some of those are bad.

However, criticism is a good thing. Straight up insulting or harassing is a bad thing. Try to at least respect the efforts made into producing the anime. You can say it's bad but give reasons on why that's the case, you definitely have a reason on why you say that.
My Anime List < Have a good day! > My Manga List
Jan 3, 2018 4:16 AM

Jun 2015
I wrote a review for an anime a few seasons ago giving it a 3 or something.
It got front page and I legit got a couple dozen pms asking to take it down because people worked hard on the product.

Jan 3, 2018 4:26 AM

Sep 2015
It's not like they will see ( The staff) whatever we write about their work anyway. A good anime is good, A bad anime is bad. I pay money to watch good anime so it's my right to bash when the anime is a disappointment.
Nanami0007Jan 3, 2018 4:47 AM
Jan 3, 2018 5:47 PM

Jul 2015
Kiyomice said:
Someone working hard doesn't make it good. You can study all month for an exam, try your best and hope it works out, and then still get an F.

Case in point - yes, I really did try hard on this, and it's still terrible.

Not everyone can make masterpieces.

lol that sucks i have had this happen to me once but i think it was because of the way that i studied. i guess the lesson i learned was quality over quantity
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Your top 5 anime couples

Anjumhossain - Dec 12, 2022

41 by Otakupervert890 »»
16 seconds ago

Poll: » Does your first ever favourite anime(s) still holds a place in your favs?

NubFix - Yesterday

44 by Shirayukin »»
6 minutes ago

» I made a fake anime seasonal chart using AI. Which of these sounds interesting to you? ( 1 2 3 )

FFandMMfan - Apr 13

105 by mo_lave »»
10 minutes ago

» Seeking Recommendations from My "Plan to Watch" List

vansonbee - 54 minutes ago

4 by ryokoblue »»
17 minutes ago

Poll: » How important is the art style for you

nishant0 - Apr 11

41 by SnipeStrike »»
27 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.