Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Overlord (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Jan 1, 2018 5:40 PM
Mar 2016
Does Overlord has any competition?

Every enemy he faces are weak, act powerful but gets defeated easily.
This makes the show much predictable.
Happy watching
Jan 1, 2018 6:05 PM

Dec 2015
Wait, did you just watch the anime? How far are you caught in in the Light Novel or manga? Give us the basic details.

Anything Overlord related is definitely worth the time to discuss, research, examine, and rewatch. Overlord is a masterpiece and should only be looked as such.
I ship @Cewkie and @DarkZeroCalibur
Jan 1, 2018 6:19 PM

Feb 2014
Yes.
Read the novel.
Jan 1, 2018 6:22 PM
Jul 2016
SkyHora said:
Wait, did you just watch the anime? How far are you caught in in the Light Novel or manga? Give us the basic details.

Anything Overlord related is definitely worth the time to discuss, research, examine, and rewatch. Overlord is a masterpiece and should only be looked as such.

Why do you like Lakyus, she's barely had any action in the light novels so far?
Jan 1, 2018 6:27 PM

Dec 2015
Lorgfyr said:
Why do you like Lakyus, she's barely had any action in the light novels so far?

Yeah, i'm interested in the way she thinks. Her ability to look in between the grey line. You can tell she likes to be ahead of the game and that no one's action, words, or being goes unnoticed. I can not wait to have more of her. She reminds me of me
Jan 1, 2018 7:00 PM
Jul 2017
atm probably only the PDL can be a threat against nazarick
Jan 2, 2018 5:43 AM
May 2017
If u wanna look based on the novel there are several individuals which could be inferred or speculated to be a "tough" or worth-while opponent, this includes the platinum dragon lord or even zesshi zetsumei which maruyama proclaimed to be at least stronger than the pleiades
Jan 2, 2018 6:22 AM

Apr 2009
Wellcome to every action manga ever.. the Main character obviously rarely loses if at all.
Jan 2, 2018 6:28 AM

Apr 2016
It's just another isekai with OP MC, don't expect something more from it.

+ harem.
Jan 2, 2018 6:29 AM

Dec 2015
^Ignore this troll. He's seen as one of the biggest trolls in the MAL community.

OT: Be sure to check out season 2. You find out new things
Jan 2, 2018 7:46 AM

Jan 2017
Swagernator said:

+ harem.

>Overlord
>harem
?????????
Jan 2, 2018 7:47 AM

Sep 2016
it;s just another self-insert wish fulfillment isekai story with overpowered MC. don't expect much.
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jan 2, 2018 7:59 AM

Apr 2016
Lets see, 3 chicks in love with MC, and god knows how many in LN.
Jan 2, 2018 9:59 AM

May 2017
SkyHora said:

hmm let's see i won't say it's complete trash but it ain't a masterpiece either at least in my eyes ,the plot and characters are pretty mediocre I don't see a masterpiece in that
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 2, 2018 4:32 PM
Jan 2018
The show is not that predictable as in the first season you get shown a genuine threat to mc and not everything goes to plan😉 (i've read the novel)
Jan 2, 2018 11:31 PM
Dec 2016
MOB_ABOMINATOR said:
SkyHora said:

hmm let's see i won't say it's complete trash but it ain't a masterpiece either at least in my eyes ,the plot and characters are pretty mediocre I don't see a masterpiece in that

READ THE FUCKING LN
Jan 3, 2018 12:01 AM

Jun 2013
This just got my attention...this is what I think is wrong with this series even if it is otherwise both very good and interesting...no competition, no strong enemies, curp-stomp every-time = Getting totally boring....Rather that Ainz meets strong enemy that makes him go all out to get beat down the arrogance too...

And no...do not mention OP-man aka Saitama as comparison...
JarjaxleJan 3, 2018 12:04 AM
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Jan 3, 2018 12:18 AM

May 2017
Birdman08 said:
MOB_ABOMINATOR said:

READ THE FUCKING LN
hey the fucking LN has nothing to do with this thread we r discussing overlord anime over here get that ?i don't care about the LN
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 3, 2018 3:17 AM
Dec 2016
MOB_ABOMINATOR said:
Birdman08 said:

READ THE FUCKING LN
hey the fucking LN has nothing to do with this thread we r discussing overlord anime over here get that ?i don't care about the LN

lol i was just joking, never thought you got caught on it. nah you can like it or not, it's your choice. yeah i don't like Anime that much, it's just that Overlord imo is one of the best LN i've read so far
Jan 3, 2018 3:51 AM

Jun 2012
He's an overlord of death, there's no point in his title if he can't scare and intimidate naturally his opponents whether he kills them slowly or easily. With that in line, It's a success that;

A black scripture member begged for his life.
An insane lady fighter became much more madder.
A bunch of Lizardmen shuddered with panic.
When he experimented on the worker's lives without compassion.
When he made hundred of thousands soldiers cries and run beyond terror.
He ruined an emperor's life with just his presence.

You're wishing a competition in the wrong show...

Jan 3, 2018 3:53 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Overlord seems how hasn´t rival!!!
Jan 3, 2018 4:13 AM

May 2017
Birdman08 said:
MOB_ABOMINATOR said:

lol i was just joking, never thought you got caught on it. nah you can like it or not, it's your choice. yeah i don't like Anime that much, it's just that Overlord imo is one of the best LN i've read so far
hahaha i haven't read the LN so I can't comment on that part but the anime has been quite mediocre.
Jan 3, 2018 5:44 AM
Jan 2018
MOB_ABOMINATOR said:
Birdman08 said:

hahaha i haven't read the LN so I can't comment on that part but the anime has been quite mediocre.
the anime is a advertisement while I can't say it is the best(konosuba) it seemed to do its job well
Jan 3, 2018 11:30 AM
Dec 2016
SkyHora said:
^Ignore this troll. He's seen as one of the biggest trolls in the MAL community.

OT: Be sure to check out season 2. You find out new things

Dude this is getting annoying. This is MAL. Please keep trolling off of it.
Jan 3, 2018 2:21 PM

Jun 2012
I don't even like the anime cause of the Action..

Honestly, this Anime is carried on the back of the side characters.

All of them are actually amazing.

If anyone disagrees tell me why and I can tell you why you're wrong.

Has anyone read the LN. can anyone tell me if the second season will be as good if not better than the 1st? No spoilers ples.

I'd assume.. Better?
Jan 3, 2018 2:29 PM

Jun 2017
Yes it is competing against every other anime because that's how this industry works.
I'm a shitposter for fun
Jan 3, 2018 5:02 PM

Mar 2017
Climb with Longinus. That should piss off its rabid fans enough not to grief the author from expanding his created world far-beyond the bone man they want the LNs to be about every time.
You gave up your freedom of speech when you clicked Agree to the User Agreement
This is not a public platform.
Jan 3, 2018 5:13 PM

Mar 2017
Cyborg_Icarus29 said:
Swagernator said:

+ harem.

>Overlord
>harem
?????????

I've read the LN up to vol 9. Yeah, it's a harem. Not in the way you imagine harem to be (that is, it's not the typical anime harem).

Birdman08 said:
MOB_ABOMINATOR said:

READ THE FUCKING LN

I have. It's not a masterpiece. Its characters are okay. The story is just decent. The setting is stock and boring with little possibility of looking up since the world-building is trash. Which is a shame because the underlying narrative and conflicts are great. Exhibit A, the beginnings of my preliminary review:

Overlord’s second season continues with Ainz Ool Gown’s struggle to control a situation that already slipped out of his control, propelled by his ever-faithful minions’ tendency misconstrue his word as gospel, his musings as genius, and his luck as omniscience, as well as their fear that he would leave them as his guildmates already have. He’s all they have left of the great beings they worship, and by jove they will raze the world to the ground in his name if that’s what it takes to keep him by their side.

It is the great tragedy of Ainz Ool Gown that his inability to let go of the past chains him to the escalating situation his “children” deems necessary to please him.
You gave up your freedom of speech when you clicked Agree to the User Agreement
This is not a public platform.
Jan 3, 2018 9:06 PM

Feb 2011
The purpose of Overlord isn't to show domination with overwhelming MC singular power like say every Isekai tends to drift towards, instead it is more about worldbuilding and how the characters interact with each other, we see that domination isn't all about power it is about influence and planning, as well as perception, certain sections place side characters as the main and then we see how they interact, take Climb for instance, to the Zaryusa in the upcoming arc, we have characters with the nexus of interactions culminating in Ainz story.
Jan 3, 2018 10:03 PM
Jul 2018
I think it's safe to assume not to read too much into isekai unless you can turn your brain off.
removed-userJan 3, 2018 10:08 PM
Jan 3, 2018 11:16 PM
Dec 2016
MOB_ABOMINATOR said:
Birdman08 said:

you can say that again
Jan 3, 2018 11:19 PM
Dec 2016
le_halfhand_easy said:
Cyborg_Icarus29 said:

>Overlord
>harem
?????????

I've read the LN up to vol 9. Yeah, it's a harem. Not in the way you imagine harem to be (that is, it's not the typical anime harem).

Birdman08 said:

READ THE FUCKING LN

I have. It's not a masterpiece. Its characters are okay. The story is just decent. The setting is stock and boring with little possibility of looking up since the world-building is trash. Which is a shame because the underlying narrative and conflicts are great. Exhibit A, the beginnings of my preliminary review:

Overlord’s second season continues with Ainz Ool Gown’s struggle to control a situation that already slipped out of his control, propelled by his ever-faithful minions’ tendency misconstrue his word as gospel, his musings as genius, and his luck as omniscience, as well as their fear that he would leave them as his guildmates already have. He’s all they have left of the great beings they worship, and by jove they will raze the world to the ground in his name if that’s what it takes to keep him by their side.

It is the great tragedy of Ainz Ool Gown that his inability to let go of the past chains him to the escalating situation his “children” deems necessary to please him.

i was just joking mate. yeah it's not masterpiece in terms of LN, but still one of the best i've read so far
Jan 4, 2018 2:01 AM
Jan 2015
Sasora said:
I don't even like the anime cause of the Action..

Honestly, this Anime is carried on the back of the side characters.

All of them are actually amazing.

If anyone disagrees tell me why and I can tell you why you're wrong.

Has anyone read the LN. can anyone tell me if the second season will be as good if not better than the 1st? No spoilers ples.

I'd assume.. Better?

I haven’t watched episode one yet because I have been busy but aside from the lizardman arc which is probably the most boring part of the light novel it does get much better and lucky for you this season will probably focus a lot of the side characters. Sebas will become a beast.
Jan 4, 2018 6:25 AM

Sep 2013
He has challenges other than fighting.
Veneficia said:
I think it's safe to assume not to read too much into isekai unless you can turn your brain off.

Discriminating a genre makes your opinion worthless.
Jan 4, 2018 6:50 AM
Jul 2018
ichii_1 said:
Veneficia said:

When did my opinion become an isekai?
Jan 4, 2018 8:00 AM

Sep 2013
Veneficia said:
ichii_1 said:

Concession accepted.
Jan 4, 2018 8:01 AM

Sep 2009
He plays the role of an overlord; there's pretty much no competition in that particular genre.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Jan 4, 2018 9:18 AM
Jul 2018
ichii_1 said:
Veneficia said:

Concession accepted.

Concession stand is now open.

It sells right opinions and I'm the only buyer
removed-userJan 4, 2018 9:30 AM
Jan 4, 2018 8:04 PM

Apr 2008
Veneficia said:
ichii_1 said:

Concession accepted.

Nah what it's selling is delusions if you're the only buyer
Jan 4, 2018 10:30 PM
Jul 2018
Darklight0303 said:
Veneficia said:

Nah what it's selling is delusions if you're the only buyer

I think you're buying from the one next to it. They look exactly alike except one says most isekai is wish fulfillment garbage on the sign while the other says ''overlord isn't another wish fulfillment isekai guys pls belebe us itz sper dep and interdasting''
removed-userJan 4, 2018 10:34 PM
Jan 5, 2018 4:42 AM

Sep 2011
Does Overlord has any Competitors ?!

The answer is no, it's the best Anime/Manga/LN I've ever read!, also do yourself a huge favor and read the LN...

Oh did I mention you MUST read the LN ?!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Overlord II Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2018

254 by Raphaela28 »»
Apr 21, 4:17 AM

Poll: » Overlord II Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 27, 2018

174 by Matheus050 »»
Feb 25, 9:36 AM

Poll: » Overlord II Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2018

354 by BlueSnow93 »»
Feb 11, 5:11 PM

Poll: » Overlord II Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 6, 2018

206 by BlueSnow93 »»
Feb 11, 2:15 PM

Poll: » Overlord II Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 16, 2018

321 by BlueSnow93 »»
Feb 11, 11:17 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.