Forum Settings
Forums

Boredom is a sign that you're watching a bad show

Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Post New Reply
Jan 7, 2018 7:17 PM

I wasn’t bored by every show I gave a 1/10 but they’re still the worst shows I’ve ever seen.

Jan 7, 2018 7:20 PM

Boredom is subjective for all mediums, just because something didn't grab your attention doesn't mean it's "bad." It just means that it isn't meant for you, there's many long songs and albums which are well-regarded by many music critics but tend to bore those who have not trained their ears enough in music, basically it's all up to your personal preference to think something is "boring."

Ascended Taste
^
check this list out for some ascended music shit (also to give it more views pls I want this list I worked hard on to make me feel special~~~~~~)

Jan 7, 2018 7:24 PM

I wouldn't be watching anime anymore if that was the case. I know I might get roasted, if anyone even notices this, but I watch all my anime at double speed. I have a really high stimulus threshold, and maybe a year ago or so I stopped watching anime because I couldn't get through an episode of most anime due to boredom. I then started to change the speed, and I found many anime I tried to watch previously and couldn't get past 2 episodes, I enjoyed at a faster speed.

Jan 7, 2018 8:25 PM

boredom can be coming the series it self, and it might also coming from your self... you need to differentiatie that...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."

Jan 7, 2018 8:31 PM

The first couple episodes of katanagatari were very boring, especially episode 2 and it doesn't help their episodes are like 45-50minutes long. I wouldn't call katanagatari a bad show though.

Jan 7, 2018 9:10 PM

I won't call the show bad, it just mean you're watching the "wrong" anime because different people bored by different anime.

Jan 7, 2018 9:25 PM

I mean, you might not be the target audience of the show. Which means they just don't give a shit about you.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.

Jan 7, 2018 9:27 PM
Oingo Boingo ~

I think most things are boring. Most people would find things entertaining that don't amuse me in the slightest. I'm just hard to amuse. It doesn't mean the show itself is bad. I mean, I thought FMA: Brotherhood was boring as shit, so I had to drop it, whereas most people loved it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'd love to see inside your mind, to tear it all apart;
To cut you open with a knife
And find your sacred heart.
I'd love to take your satin dolls and
Tear them all to shreds.
I'd love to mess your pretty hair;
I'd love to see you dead!
❤️ Mine. ❤️

Jan 8, 2018 12:30 AM

That was the Kara no Kyoukai movies for me. They are boring, therefore they are not good. Are there good things about them? Yes, sure, the animation, the music, and even the characters are pretty good. But the pacing is painfully slow and the writing painfully... painful.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jan 8, 2018 12:37 AM

Finding a show boring doesn't automatically mean it's bad, it might just mean it's doing something you don't happen to be interested in. I'm pretty sure every anime which exists bores someone. They're not all bad.

Jan 8, 2018 12:51 AM
Or maybe a show isn't really meant for you, or maybe it takes a little while to get going (What with foreshadowing, setup, and so on...), or maybe a show is a bit more experimental/niche and requires full investment, etc...

Jan 8, 2018 12:54 AM

It is possible to be bored by a few episodes and still like the rest.

Jan 8, 2018 12:56 AM

I'm not a critic. Nor is probably 90% of everyone on MAL.
But you can still think an anime is good, even if you don't like it.
I think Flip Flappers is good...
But I fucking hate it.
"You don't need a reason to live, you just live"
-Nero Vanetti, 91 Days

Jan 8, 2018 7:46 AM

pgmhecateii said:

existentialist said:
I wouldn't be watching anime anymore if that was the case. I know I might get roasted, if anyone even notices this, but I watch all my anime at double speed. I have a really high stimulus threshold, and maybe a year ago or so I stopped watching anime because I couldn't get through an episode of most anime due to boredom. I then started to change the speed, and I found many anime I tried to watch previously and couldn't get past 2 episodes, I enjoyed at a faster speed.

That's also kind of true for me, too. I don't do it that much, but it does help.

I actually believe it could get most people into anime that they found boring, even if speeding up a bit. I find anime in general to be really slow compared to non-animation shows and movies.

Jan 8, 2018 7:51 AM

and since I didn't get bored of Pop Team Epic, that means its a good fucking anime.
Yes but unironically

Jan 8, 2018 8:13 AM

Of course, it's true, there's like hardly any discussion here.
The only people who seem to refuse are those who claim "it's boring to you" but the thing is, being good is just as subjective as being boring is, so yeah.
Boring anime is shit anime.

Jan 8, 2018 9:37 AM

Made in abyss bored me very much but that's not the reason I'd call it bad. For that I'd use characterization, consistency and moe pandering. For being boring I can only call it... boring.
Planetes said:
Living alone and dying alone... alone... How could anyone be satisfied with that? It's stupid... Space is too big to face all alone.

Jan 8, 2018 10:11 AM

For me it'll automatically clicks if the series I'm watching is/are not for me. Though, I always try to follow EP3 rule but even so, I'll drop it whenever I feel like I've had enough of it.

Jan 8, 2018 10:22 AM

No, it's actually a sign you should do something else because you got used to watching anime for a long time and your brain needs another type of stimulation.

Jan 8, 2018 10:34 AM
What if it's an anime that just doesn't appeal to you directly but appeals to others?

Jan 8, 2018 10:45 AM

I just find it humorous that the OP made an objective statement to start this thread while starting a thread that says "objectivity needs to die" elsewhere. And no one else seems to see the contradiction here?

Pages (2) « 1 [2]