Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 31, 2017 6:34 PM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Interview #131 - @Johan ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Jimmykudo3000/Hei/Johan

As of publication this might not be the case for you, but here in Germany the year 2018 is upon us. What better way to christian in the new year for our club with an interview with the man himself, Jimmykudo3000? I hope you all have as much fun reading this as I did conducting it. Guten Rutsch!

Interview conducted by: @Manaban

Could you tell us about yourself?

Merry Christmas & HAPPY NEW YEARS MAL! We’re about to kick off 2018 with a long overdue interview. It’s your one true protagonist of this shounen, Jimmykudo himself! Unlike other interviews that have been conducted, I am going to avoid a lifelong biography on how I reached the point I’m at now. I don’t think this is something that many people are going to care about or choose to read. Instead let me fill in on some personal characteristics that maybe not everybody knows.

Yes I am Jimmykudo3000 (briefly known as Hei), currently Johan. My actual name is Jesse and I’m a 26 year old American. Feel free to address me as you fancy.

I was a Political Science major at North Carolina State University (though never graduated).

I was baptised Roman Catholic – and identify so to this day, even if I no longer attend mass weekly.

I can be very difficult to get along with, and pride myself in this. Like the proper shounen protagonist I am, I don’t believe in compromising my values, beliefs, thoughts, or convictions. I never speak to be liked, never speak to be rated.

Speaking of rate, I don’t rate Discord; so you won’t find me on there.

How did you choose your username?

My original username (Jimmykudo3000) has been my online username nearly since time immemorial. (feel free to google it even!) I loved watching Detective Conan (Case Closed) during its original dub run on Adult Swim way back when. This unsurprisingly, is where the name Jimmy Kudo is derived from – who was & still is one of my favourite shounen protagonists. Jimmykudo3000 was actually my first “AIM” name predating MAL’s very existence & is still my username across many different platforms of the internet.

I first realised MAL’s “Request a username” thread in early 2017, and decided to look up accounts of some of my other favourite characters, this is where I realised Darker than Black’s protagonist “Hei” – one of my favourite male characters of all time was inactive. My time as Hei was short lived, as one of my friends on here really loved Hei & asked if I would give him the account, which I decided to do.

After briefly reverting back to Jimmykudo3000, I then marathoned “Monster” and after falling in love with the main antagonist, Johan, decided to search that account on MAL. I was equally surprised to find out that account too, was inactive.

Could you give us a brief history of your time on MAL?

4th, May 2010. Difficult to believe it’s been 8 years since I started watching online anime (culminating with my freshman year of University). I don’t see many users anymore who predate me on this site. I joined Myanimelist as a means of cataloguing my currently watching and completed anime. This has been – and continues to be my main purpose of using Myanimelist. Occasionally I’ve ventured into the forums either out of boredom, or because I was linked to a specific thread, and became one of the loudest and proudest defenders of Sword Art Online & Akame ga Kill.

Any users you like/dislike? Why?

Chatango– Most of my MAL friends are actually derived from “Chatango.” A semi-anonymous social networking site.

@Pikachu - I’m not sure If I should be tagging you, but I think it would be disrespectful not to. Regardless of everything you’re still one of my favourite people I’ve ever met – and I’m grateful for it all. I really enjoyed Wolf Children & Katanagatari, and think of you every time they come up. Thank you. I hope you enjoy your Christmas & New Years.

@Xesio - Aerrowe or Anthony is another one of my oldest friends on the internet. Our friendship dates back as far as the fall of 2010. Anthony was always one of my closest friends online – and in 2016 the opportunity arose for us to become roomates together, after years of discussing such an outcome. Proud to say we’ve been roomates since April of 2016, and this further illustrates to me how real online friendships/relationships can become. They easily translate into “real life”, and since becoming roomates we’ve watched quite a bit of anime together – from Steins;Gate to Samurai Champloo, to the Monogatari Series, Hyouka, Toradora, & a plethora of movies.

@Unconcerned – Another one of my oldest online friends dating back as far as the summer of 2010. My man goes by the name Papa Smurph. We have 83% compatability – with over 600 mutual scored series. In fact my guy and I actually met up in April 2015 for Anime Matsuri convention down in Houston. We’ve had our falling outs over the years, usually due to insignificant arguments but he’s always remained a reliable friend. Probably my friend I’ve watched the most anime with – we’ve watched series such as Baccano!, Durarara, Spice & Wolf, Natsume Yuujinchou, Cowboy Bebop & countless shorts and movies together.

@Longdongkong - My best buddy, Adam. Aka Daddy. This guy redefines what it means to be a friend and good person. He’s as reliable and consistent as they come. We’ve been close friends since 2012, and hardly a day goes by where we don’t speak. Unprecedented drinking addiction aside, me and Daddy have 86% anime compatability over 100 scored series. Thanks for introducing me to TTGL, but you lost all credibility when you made me watch 366 episodes and 4 movies of Bleach. I learned a valuable lesson though- never bet against the Patriots. Until 2018 comes and you all catch me back here watching One Piece…

@Edward - Lord Dada Sama III. A.k.a Dave. Another one of my longtime buddies Dave & I have been friends since early 2011. Dave also presents qualities that are rare to find online, and has been one of my most consistent and reliable friends over the years. We’ve watched documentaries together, boxing matches, and of course he’s the guy who finally convinced me into watching Neon Genesis Evangelion. Following NGE we proceeded to watch classics such as Gungrave, Hellsing Ultimate, Katanagatari, and even the immortal Guilty Crown.

@Anduwu - My good buddy Andrew a.k.a. Yagi. Yagi is my longest tenured friend on this list dating back to August of 2010. My guy hasn’t always been the most reliable friend of the bunch, but the fact we still talk consistently to this day is a testament to his loyalty and character. Questionable anime taste aside… (I’m looking at that 9 you scored Mirai Nikki & those 8’s you gave to Bleach and Guilty Crown). I won’t even mention you dropping Nagi no Asukara.

I don’t want to write about everyone from Chatango because we’ll be here all day but others worth mentioning; Counterpart Gomenesike Nicole0311 Sarah Megacyst.

There are two friends I met through MAL that I think are important to mention:

@Chandela - Chandela is my one true waifu. I first met Chandela in 2013 through one of those MAL skype groups I was invited to. In fact it was Vic himself that had invited me. Out of the sub ~50 users in that skype group Chandela immediately stood out as one of the few worth befriending and acquainting with. Even though we’ve been in some contested arguments, Chandela is a great person who’s usually quite happy and easy to talk to. My guy needs to stop watching Aikatsu though & return to skype so we can chill again. I miss you baby <3

@Gallivant - Representing Norwich UK, Gallivant and I (despite all the previous name changes) have been friends on this site since time immemorial. We used to discuss anime much more frequently in the early days of 2010 & 2011- although as my guy grew up he appears to watch less and less; also evidenced by the fact ive been slowly creeping up on his total days watched. Gallivant still remains one of my favourite users on this site to talk to, as we usually still always discuss footy and our respective teams. Cheers to a New Year pal, hope to talk more again.

Lastly, I want to give accreditation to 4 critics I have respect for:

@Lostty - I’m sad to see that my senpai has not logged on since early 2016. I quite miss your perspective and our conversations. Lostty may not have ever been an active reviewer on MAL, but I met her actually from following an old blog she used to run back in 2009 called Anime Princess, where she would submit her reviews and thoughts on particular series. Lostty actually shaped a lot of my early anime beliefs that I still carry over to this day, so wherever you are in life Senpai know that I still think of you and respect you, and hope that you’re doing well.

@Stark700 - You’re probably my favourite reviewer on this site. Yes I understand the complaints that your reviews can be a little generic or boring, but I almost consider that irrelevant. I think for 2 reasons you’re the best. One; outcome. I think for the most part your end scores are right more often than not. I find myself agreeing with your end results quite frequently although there are times I genuinely scratch my head (like your Boku no Hero review). Anyway for the quantity of reviews you pump out I think you’re great at maintaining consistency. Secondly, the main purpose of a review is to condense what you’ve watched into something that’s easy to understand and convey. I think you succeed here. You don’t get bogged down in using unnecessarily sophistic rhetoric, or language that will repel your average anime fan. You make condensed reviews that will help guide people into determining if it’s a particular anime they would enjoy, & I respect that.

@LegendAqua - Kudo says F*** the haters who want to hate on L.A’s use of 3rd person. Kudo respects it. Part of reviewing should be to inflect your own personality, and few reviewers Kudo has encountered do this as well as Kudo’s guy L.A. Does Kudo always agree with him? Of course not, he gave Keijo!!!!!!! A 9/10, but Kudo always respects him none the less. L.A has his own unique developed “taste” and remains uninfluenced by any external factors, other than his own perception of a series.

@Goukeban - Goukeban is probably the most articulate and intellectual reviewer of the ones I’ve mentioned. Goukeban comes packed with a strong vocabulary, strong intelligence, and almost innate ability to rebuttal arguments against him, while accentuating his own argument. His “Erased” review to this day remains my favourite review I’ve ever read on this site. Some may call him a contrarian, but I’m not sure my guy purposefully goes against the critical community, although peeping some of his reviews, specifically his NGE one I can see where this is coming from.

Users I dislike:

As for users I dislike, rather than listing off individual users I’d prefer to focus on an ever-growing philosophy I’ve noticed over the last few years. That philosophy is elitism and I think it is absolutely detrimental to this community. This conception that a collective of individuals has determined what constitutes quality and enforces that standard throughout the anime community is the most destructive thing to happen to the medium over the last few years. There are many users on MAL who easily fit this description, where literally they have discord groups together, create clubs on MAL, try to artificially influence both scores and perceptions of certain anime & create reviews for series, all essentially “circle-jerking” each other. I think this behavior goes beyond the cancer of a 12 year old “Naruto” fan shouting “Naruto is the best anime of all time.” The worst part is some of these people can be very intelligent, and it’s their [misuse of] intelligence that allows their voice to become the prevailing resonating one in the community.

I have decided to call out one user by name, and that user is @Pullman. If I had to pick one person in my seven years on MAL who I think is irredeemable it would be this guy. A former moderator, Pullman’s conduct in the forums often crosses the lines of acceptability. He goes on tasteless meaningless rants, and is swift to try to impose himself and his beliefs on others, tactlessly. Unlike other prominent “ranters” like my interviewer @Manaban, Pullman lacks respect for those he converses/argues with and lacks the ability to convey himself in any kind of rational, meaningful way.

How did you get into anime/manga?

I first got into anime/manga dating back as far as the mid-late 90’s. Of course in this moment I didn’t even recognise what I was watching was anime. I loved waking up early on Saturday mornings to watch Pokemon, or the mandatory watching of Dragon Ball Z. It was probably around middle school when I began watching Yu Yu Hakusho, Inuyasha, Full Metal Alchemist, & Detective Conan among others that I began to realise the difference between Anime & simple cartoons. When I went to University in 2009 I became exposed to online anime, and began by re-watching some of my childhood favourites.

What other hobbies do you have outside of anime/manga and MAL?

Anime is always a centrifugal part of my free time, probably accounting for one of the biggest roles of free time use over the last 8 years.

Outside of anime I love & enjoy video games. I prefer console of course (Sony), and prefer RPG’s and/or video games with an engaging story. As such, titles like Bloodbourne, Final Fantasy X (the whole franchise in general tbh), Dragon Age, & Kingdom Hearts are some of my favourites. I’ve also somehow managed to put 300 Hrs into “Let it Die” but we don’t talk about that.

Additionally I love sports, mostly watching/following but I did used to play quite frequently in my younger High School days. At this stage I really only still love World Football (or Soccer). I’m a diehard Chelsea Blues supporter. As for American sports, I still care about my New York Mets (Baseball), New York Giants (American Football), New York Knicks (Basketball) and New York Rangers (Hockey) but don’t typically watch American sports much anymore. I watch every game Chelsea play and that’s typically enough for me.

As for music, like most people in the world I do enjoy music. I love my Japanese weeaboo music, such as SID, Rookiez is Punk’d, TK, Aimer, Chico w/Honeyworks, Garnidelia, Spyair & Bump of Chicken. Outside of my weeaboo related music, I surprisingly love Grime/Hip-Hop. Outside of the beats, I think it’s something that is easy to listen to and relate to. Some of my favourite American artists are Los, Fabolous, Cassidy, Papoose, Jadakiss; while from across the Atlantic its Ghetts, Wiley, Devlin, Bugzy Malone, Kano, Wretch 32 and Giggs.

How do you feel about how the site is run? Especially in regards to the moderators and admins.

I feel like the site itself is generally run well. I love the user interface, I enjoy the way profiles and lists can be customised. For the most part I like the way the forums are run, and I don’t mind the pay-for-member system.

My biggest problem with the way MAL is run comes from glaring inconsistencies and/or inefficiencies in the database. I definitely, fully recommend further attention be paid to this. I have series on hold that have only had 2 episodes air and hasn’t aired since 2010, yet some reason are not moved to completed, despite me bringing this to attention. Additionally, there are sometimes entries that sit around unapproved for indefinite amounts of time, despite clearly existing and prescribing to MAL’s database requirements. The last piece I need to mention is how arbitrary it feels when certain series/movies are rejected, and I’m looking specifically at “Red Turtle” where the legend Takahata is officially listed as part of the production committee. The database in general is pretty well done, but it’s heavily flawed based on those 3 issues I pointed out. The efficiency and comprehensiveness of database administrators needs to be improved considerably.

How do you think people on MAL perceive you as a user?

I mentioned this in my opening paragraph, but I guess I should choose to reiterate I honestly don’t care how I’m perceived by people on MAL. Mods have warned me, users hate me, and all of this I accept with open arms and embrace. None of this is ever going to alter or affect who Jimmykudo3000 is, what I believe in, what values I stand for or how I’ll act. It’s important to know that I won’t change.

At this point it'd be practically impossible to have an interview with you without asking this, but why the hardline anti-elitist stance? What is the catalyst that causes you to feel so strongly about this particular topic as opposed to others?

LOL thanks for the question. As you know I joined Myanimelist in 2010, and it was a much different time. Anime hadn’t ballooned in the West yet. This is a pre Crunchyroll, pre Netflix era. A time where reviewers like Archaeon were typically thought of as the prevailing “elitist” voices and anime youtubers hadn’t really blown up yet. The blogosphere and anime discussion threads in general was much more niche, and less toxic overall. Over the last 5 years, but specifically the last 3 – using Digibro’s infamous SAO diatribe as a turning point the influx of elitism into anime had accelerated rapidly. Hatred and vitriol began being hurled towards popular anime with unprecedented ferocity and frequency. It is an easy solution to figure out. Find me how much hatred exists towards Dragonball Z, or even Naruto or Bleach. The answer is very minimal. There are other topics I too, feel strongly about, but I guess it is natural for me to feel passionate about this issue.

In the forums, you have stated in the past that you believe elitism is a matter of taste, moreso than mannerisms or attitude, which is one that stands in contrast with the wider definition used on MAL. What has led you to this belief?

Thanks for the question. I disagree that my definition of “elitism” differs from its casual usage. As you’ve seen but for others who haven’t – I have defined elitism in art as the “philosophy of having a predisposition towards consensus driven critically acclaimed titles, while simultaneously having a predisposition against mostly popular titles which tend to deviate from that accepted standard of quality.” Elitists can either be proclaimed or importantly – perceived to be part of a social elite. In general casual use, taste is tantamount to elitism. A person who rates Fairy Tail, SAO, Naruto, Bleach, Mirai Nikki, Akame ga Kill, and Another can never be an elitist. Their attitude becomes a moot point. You can like those shows and be the biggest jerk on the internet but never will that make you an elitist, rather just a casual fan who’s a jerk. I really don’t consider this a difficult concept at all, and if people stop obfuscating and recognise what it is that determines whether someone is an elitist, then this becomes really easy to differentiate. A jerk and an elitist are mutually exclusive terms and it is very important to understand this.

As a Roman Catholic who does not attend mass, was there any reason you decided to stop going?

Thanks for the question. To me church was always correlated with family and community. I was baptized, communed, and confirmed Catholic. Attending church each Sunday was part of my daily life growing up. As I became older and started University, I no longer attended weekly (firstly there was no Catholic church on campus), and secondly it lost some of its impact going to Saint Mathews each week listening to Father Reed give a sermon followed going out to breakfast/brunch with the family afterwards. I still consider myself Roman Catholic, even if I don’t practise it strictly.

As somebody who has seen his fair share of debates on the forums, are there any specific instances that stand out among the rest when you look back on what you've argued with others about on this site?

My time in the forums isn’t all bad. I guess one of the funniest moments – and what probably sparked my recent rise to prominence was when Scarlett Ryuken infamously found some of my comments on an AnimeEveryday youtube video and created a MAL thread. One of my really good buddies, messaged me on skype that I had been noticed in the MAL forums, and decided to grace everyone with my presence. I wish I could say I’ve spent more time in the forums and have more positive memories to report, but that basically is my best memory. Was completely unexpected. Other than that, most of the time I’ve spent in the forums has been defending SAO and Akame ga Kill.

What caused you to choose political science as your major of choice when you were attending uni?

Thanks for the question. This was an easy solution. I had always grown up around politics since the time I was in primary school. My grandfather, though never a politician was a highly liberal author who has had 4 books published, and was the chairman of the history department of a local High School. He was actually nominated by the progressive coalition to run for United States Congress, but declined as it would have cost him about $10,000 of his personal money to campaign. Growing up I always wanted to be a lawyer. I was naturally gifted and this could have been a possible solution. I had a strong sense of prevailing justice and wanted to be a prosecutor. Political Science in America, is often a potential gateway to Law School later on, but most importantly I wanted to study a subject I would enjoy. Despite the fact that I had gotten a 5 (out of 5) on my Advanced Placement Calculus exam at the age of 16, and my strong propensity for hard sciences and Math, I wasn’t too interested in courses of this nature in University. I preferred subjects that promoted critical thinking & learning and could influence my life and values. As such some of the best courses I took in Uni. were Psychology, Social Psychology, Philosophy, Philosophy of Law, Political Science courses, Criminal Justices courses, etc. I knew even if I opted against Law School (which I eventually chose to do), I would take courses that I enjoyed taking, and would hold lifelong lessons from; much more so than knowing the derivative of x squared is 2x.

What's your final goal in the fight against elitism?
from @Werty800

Thanks for the question. I don’t know if there is a final goal. If there was to be an ideal situation it would be one where critical analysis and critical review prevailed on the merits of the show in a fair, objective manner rather than the current trend of trashing shows due to their popularity, and presenting ratings in a way that is meant to make one seem inherently smart, cool, or different. Elitism will always exist, but it’s important to limit and contain it – and try to return to a MAL that existed when I first joined this site. Circle-jerking reviews, clubs and discords is never this solution.

Do you spend time watching films or TV shows that are not anime? If so, what are your favourites?
from @AndoCommando

Thanks for the question. Yes I do, but nowhere near the same quantity as to which I watch anime. I tend to watch and like most Leonardo Dicaprio movies (Inception, Shutter Island, Wolf of Wallstreet) come to mind, most Denzel movies (Training Day, American Gangster, Book of Eli) anything with Lord Tom Cruise Sama, most notably “Vanilla Sky” which is probably one of my favourite movies of all time, and honestly any movie that tells a rich, fulfilling story usually grounded in some kind of realism where I learn something from watching it. I love historical movies like Lincoln, Immitation Game, & Theory of Everything – and movies based on true stories.

As for T.V shows… I’m trying to think of the last time I’ve watched T.V shows. Futurama was always one of my favourites growing up, but that’s a cartoon – if you’re asking for real people shows, then I’d have to give a nod to Seinfeld. I think everyone has to have at least one sitcom they can rate, and for me that’s Seinfeld. I always enjoyed Law & Order as well – the old ones with Jack Mccoy as prosecutor. Somebody I always kind of looked up to, for sure. As far as modern series, people may be disappointed but unsurprised to know I’ve never watched a single episode of any of; Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead, Dr. Who, Game of Thrones, or whatever else is popular among kids today.

What do you consider anime that have gone underappreciated over the years?
from @AndoCommando

Thanks for the question. I think it’s important to note two potential answers to this question which I always try to make sure to differentiate.
If by underappreciated you mean critically, then the answer is easy to guess. I feel titles such as Erased, Re:Zero, Sword Art Online, Akame ga Kill, Charlotte!, & Angel Beats most easily fit this definition.

If by underappreciated you mean on a larger scale – either under-watched or underscored, then Kyousougiga is criminally underscored with its avg MAL rating of 7.91. I’d also include Zetsuen no Tempest. Despite its average score of 8.13 it doesn’t receive the attention it probably deserves and that probably has something to do with the fact it aired the same season as generally consensus accepted masterpieces Shinsekai Yori & Psycho Pass. I’ll give one more which is Shiki. I wouldn’t go as far as @Goukeban goes in calling it the best anime of all time, but I greatly appreciate and respect his individuality. Either way Shiki is a show that gets largely underappreciated, and is probably the best I’ve ever seen within the genre.

How can people stop elitism from taking over the anime community?
from @AndoCommando

Thanks for the question. Elitism has slowly been taking over the anime community over the last 5 years. I’ve touched on this in previous responses but I don’t think the solution is difficult. For those who review anime it is very, very important to actually bring the “critical lens” to the show that some reviewers literally purport to be doing. A proper critical analysis involves a thorough review of the positive and negative aspects of a show, and drawing a sensible conclusion that considers and weighs all of these factors equally. There is never a place in reviewing simply to be the person who “crashes the hype party” This kind of rhetoric is wholly unacceptable, and when I see it I think it is important to call it out for what it is; sophism. If you are not a reviewer than it is simply important to maintain, formulate and articulate original thought. It is very, very easy to hop on a bandwagon of hate. It is very easy to make senseless, irrational claims that cannot be corroborated. It is important to not be influenced by fans of a show – as loud or obnoxious as they may be, to alter or affect your opinion.

How did you manage to survive getting bomb-rushed by like 50 angry MAL members (including a few people that are some of the closest MAL has to celebrities) for weeks on end?
from @CodeBlazeFate

Thanks for the question. This was not a difficult solution. Nothing that is said to me online or real life affects me (unless it is from someone whom I already care about – then this is different). I guess most people probably say that, but to me I am unaffected. I continue to welcome as much attention as possible. :)

Is there something unasked you would like to talk about?

I’m thankful for this question because in submitting part I of my review there were a few important things I forgot to mention.

I hate/despise drugs and have never once in my life tried any illicit drug. I’ve never smoked once in my life either – be it weed, cigarettes or cigars.

It’s not often I agree with @Zephsilver but after reading some of his responses I was surprised to learn we have the same favourite book of all time “The Count of Monte Cristo.” This isn’t a commonb answer so it was interesting to learn, and yes my love for that book is directly correlated to my love for Gankutsuo.

Other random facts: My favourite colour is yellow, I hate bugs, & my favourite drink is Cherry Dr Pepper.

Any feedback on the interview format?

Interviewing format seems perfect. Many thanks to @Manaban for conducting this interview in what I believe to be a fair, transparent manner. Interviewing me may not have been the easiest task, but I believe to do so and exhibit professionalism is important. Thanks to anyone else who contributed with questions, and thanks to those who recommended me.

Can you recommend us 3 members who we can choose from to interview next and briefly explain why you would love to read their interviews?

@Stark700 – I don’t know if my man was already nominated/recommended and chose to decline, but I’m going to once again nominate my guy. Long overdue.

@Chandela - My guy has a great reputation on this site both among admins and and regular users. I would genuinely be curious to hear some of his feedback, as I think it would be a good opportunity to hear him talk about himself.

@Unconcerned - I’m gonna go 2 for 3 on the recommendations to friends. Smurph has a lot of insight into MAL and has been an active member in and around the site about as long as I have. It would be very beneficial to receive his feedback.

End of Interview. Thank you for your time.

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 31, 2017 6:37 PM

Apr 2014
Don't really know who you are, but nice interview. Just wanted to say I'm surprised this club is still going lol.
In fact, I'm surprised my will to live is still going atm.
Dec 31, 2017 6:43 PM

Apr 2016
The man, the myth, the legend has spoken at the final day of the year! Huh, so no matter what, anything anyone says for most parts just falls off you without you feeling much. Certainly, most people would massively disagree with your definition, as many would argue what you argue directly against. Still, this was somewhat entertaining.

Hopefully all the "elitist" "Casual" bullshit will die next year, though I'm sure that's a pipe dream.
Dec 31, 2017 6:53 PM

Aug 2016
No

No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No
Dec 31, 2017 7:38 PM

May 2010
Thanks for the interview @Manaban.
CodeBlazeFate said:
The man, the myth, the legend has spoken at the final day of the year! Huh, so no matter what, anything anyone says for most parts just falls off you without you feeling much. Certainly, most people would massively disagree with your definition, as many would argue what you argue directly against. Still, this was somewhat entertaining.

Hopefully all the "elitist" "Casual" bullshit will die next year, though I'm sure that's a pipe dream.

I don't envision this dying down any time in the near future. Not when the prominent voices in the community like AnimeEveryday & Digibro continue to exhibit this on a daily basis. I agree with you at least, that it would be nice to get back to how MAL used to be. I will continue to push discourse in this direction. Hope you enjoyed the interview ;]

If anyone does not love the Lord
Jesus Christ
Let him be accursed
O Lord, Amen!
Dec 31, 2017 8:07 PM

Apr 2016
Johan said:
CodeBlazeFate said:

I don't envision this dying down any time in the near future. Not when the prominent voices in the community like AnimeEveryday & Digibro continue to exhibit this on a daily basis. I agree with you at least, that it would be nice to get back to how MAL used to be. I will continue to push discourse in this direction. Hope you enjoyed the interview ;]
To be honest, I cannot fathom the idea of Digi being an elitist by your definition. A lot of his favorite anime are among the most popular such as Gurren Lagann, Psycho Pass, Kill la Kill, and Hunter X Hunter, and he generally doesn't hate an anime for being popular. At worst, he hates it for being a Light Novel adaptation, as many of them were bad enough for him to unintentionally make that a consensus in the community, along with the increasingly lowered opinions of SAO (which he didn't try to make happen but nonetheless relishes as a show he despises becomes less liked overall). I still enjoyed the interview.
Dec 31, 2017 8:40 PM

May 2010
CodeBlazeFate said:
Johan said:

To be honest, I cannot fathom the idea of Digi being an elitist by your definition. A lot of his favorite anime are among the most popular such as Gurren Lagann, Psycho Pass, Kill la Kill, and Hunter X Hunter, and he generally doesn't hate an anime for being popular. At worst, he hates it for being a Light Novel adaptation, as many of them were bad enough for him to unintentionally make that a consensus in the community, along with the increasingly lowered opinions of SAO (which he didn't try to make happen but nonetheless relishes as a show he despises becomes less liked overall). I still enjoyed the interview.

That's a fair point, maybe less so of an elitist, Digibro is a sophist. Most elitists are sophists, but not all sophists are elitists. I probably should consider the two mutually exclusive terms. You could argue Sophism is just as big a problem in the anime community as elitism tbh.

Jesus Christ
Let him be accursed
O Lord, Amen!
Dec 31, 2017 9:34 PM

Feb 2010
I bet not a word of his ramblings are worth reading but hey thanks for insulting me. I take that as a compliment coming from a shitposter like you. Your respect is the last thing I'd ever want in my life. Have a good day.
I probably regret this post by now.
Dec 31, 2017 10:06 PM

Jun 2015
Pullman said:
I bet not a word of his ramblings are worth reading but hey thanks for insulting me. I take that as a compliment coming from a shitposter like you. Your respect is the last thing I'd ever want in my life. Have a good day.

Well, shit. That was pretty fucking brutal, though not entirely undeserved.

Other than that, I'm glad I got a chance to read this interview and I completely agree with Johan's sentiment: circlejerking needs to die.
Jan 1, 2018 4:57 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
In general I view it as the interviewer's job to be objective and impartial during the process, and mostly serve to provide the platform for the interviewee to talk about things - hence why I've never left anything like editor's notes in an interview I've conducted and always leave my proofreading to spellchecking and punctuation and formatting, etc etc. My thoughts as an individual are irrelevant and in no way effect anything said in any interview I'm working with somebody on. Myself as a staff member of this club and myself as a person operate in two separate ways - and the way I will always operate as a staff member of this club is safeguarding people's right to say whatever they please in an interview, so long as it isn't something like posting scat pics or whatever that can obviously never fly. I do not wish that to be forgotten because I am making this post - an interview is an interviewee's platform to talk about their thoughts and feelings, where they've been, what they've done, why they think what, so on and so forth, and as a staff member that idea takes precedent over any personal feelings.

But when I was conducting this interview, @Johan asked me for my personal thoughts when the interview was finished, so I figured I might as well just post them in response to the thread.

--------------

Having spoken to you outside of arguing, I feel like you're a good guy, better than most give you credit for, but I also think you are way too hardline on the anti-elitist thing and often only exacerbate issues and existing divides on AD based on things like taste, which I do think is a huge issue on AD in a general sense as is. I kind of feel that what people say was more important than what they liked/disliked, but that's still closer to a principle than a feeling and sometimes I feel like you're wasting away potentially being an actively productive and worthwhile AD user in favor of extremities and unnecessary combat. I think if you really tried, you could do a lot of good - you've got that stubborn-streak and hard-headedness and uncompromising-ness, so if you could only temper that with a better sense of balance, I really do think you could do more than just this, man. You're smart. I know you're smart, I'm pretty damn sure you know that too.

Having held similarly extreme stances on the topic myself in the past, part of me can never escape the feeling that it's just a release of frustration to some degree. And it's annoying as shit, sure, believe when I say I understand that. There are many criticisms that are vague and reductionist yet just get accepted as true (speaking as a harem/ecchi fan I know that all too well) there's always this feeling of a silently prevailing sentiment that you can't like certain shows or enjoy certain types of products without being lesser for it, meta-criticisms mostly bitching about the fans ("this is why nobody respects anime, and people who like it are why anime fans look bad blah blah blah") as opposed to focusing on the product itself to try and have opinions about that, there's just....so much wrong. I know all of that. Maybe I just wish to change it from the inside out while you wish to change it through force, idk, but your methods are just something I cannot agree with when it comes to this topic and I feel like you could just do so much more if you took your passion and unwillingness to make compromises you don't feel to be in the best interest for those you try to represent, and then worked in a...better sense of level-headedness sometimes. Frankly, a lot of the time it feels more like emotionally-charged rhetoric than reasoning and rationale. I could be very wrong about that, but I do tend to get that impression a lot, which is somewhat worrying to me.

You could dismantle their arguments with the right amount of thought and effort. I feel like what I do know of you, that is one thing I am already certain of, but instead it just becomes this meta-game of "you only like this because you are sheep" or things like this, which is kind of saddening because I have the impression you could be so much more than that if you really tried.

Also, as an aside, this was just kind of awkward to read xP

Johan said:
Unlike other prominent “ranters” like my interviewer @Manaban, Pullman lacks respect for those he converses/argues with and lacks the ability to convey himself in any kind of rational, meaningful way.

This is very much not the case. Like, at all. Actually, I'd go as far as to say that if you were anti-ecchi instead of anti-elitist, I'm pretty sure this sentiment may even be switched out and there'd be a role reversal in play where you'd say "Unlike other prominent 'ranters' like @Pullman, @Manaban lacks respect for those he converses/argues with and lacks the ability to convey himself in any rational, meaningful way."

There's a handful of people who try their best in certain types of topics, but those handful of people with the most personal investment in certain topics tend to be most prone to frustration when it comes to actually dealing with those topics. I don't have the same investment Pullman has in the elitist topic so I'm much less prone to getting angry at people in those topics. Nobody sits there and judges me as pretentious for my favorite types of shows or anything, if that'd be much of a surprise. He's been in this argument for years now, as well, and while I do feel like he comes across as rather jaded on the topic at times as well, I do not necessarily think he is any less rational or tactful than me. I'd probably even say that on a broader spectrum of topics that are often discussed on AD, he's generally more rational and tactful than me. I very much feel like the reason you're saying this is because of the topic you discuss the most rather than anything else.
ManabanJan 1, 2018 5:08 AM

Jan 1, 2018 5:12 AM

May 2010
Pullman said:

You don't and won't ever have my respect you disgrace of a former moderator, and more importantly human being. LOL. That's why out of the hundreds of people I've argued with you're the only i decided to call out by name.

bmoore07 said:
Pullman said:

Other than that, I'm glad I got a chance to read this interview and I completely agree with Johan's sentiment: circlejerking needs to die.

Glad you enjoyed the interview ;] I plan to continue fighting against this, using every platform and device given to me to counteract this.

CatchyUsername said:
bmoore07 said:

Hei's meme too. The whole 'you're not worthy of my time because of your favs' is such a funny concept that Hei enhanced.

kek xD

>That moment when you don't understand satire. Not that I expect anything more of you, so don't worry.

@Manaban There have been plenty of people I've argued with on the elitism topic, but none of them were moderators. You would think someone who moderated the forums for an extended period of time would have some modicum of respect for other users and not act like an unprofessional petulant child. I've moderated chatrooms and forums before and even I always conducted myself with professionalism and decorum - two traits that @Pullman remains entirely bereft of.

Anyway I hope you enjoyed the interview, I did tbh. I'm going to continue pushing through with my philosophy which I believe is working. I've received unprecedented amounts of attention around here, it's earned me interviews and skype calls with reviewers like Zephsilver and other opportunities that I otherwise never would have received without my loud, vociferous, divisive nature.

I think it's very important to continue what I've been doing and I will continue to pressure elitists as well as the critical community.

Jesus Christ
Let him be accursed
O Lord, Amen!
Jan 1, 2018 6:38 AM

May 2010
CatchyUsername said:
@Johan yeah, that's surely not you being a dick, it's a social commentary of course. Maybe you're just so full of shit you forget your own quotes. Good luck with your elitism for this year btw.

LOL I remember my quotes you clown. In that screenshot you posted I even said "Thanks for posting my own quotes, I remember it well".

Jesus Christ
Let him be accursed
O Lord, Amen!
Jan 1, 2018 6:57 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
@Johan @CatchyUsername @Pullman @prettymuchanybodyelsewhoisreadingthis

While I understand that this is a very heated topic and that it could be argued that we're in this position now because of the contents of the interview itself, please let it be clear that namecalling and shit like that is in no way going to be a tolerable behavior in this club. Heated discussions about your respective ideologies and stances on the topic, fine, so be it, but there is a limit and there are already posts crossing that. We're willing to house you all hashing out your differences to a certain extent, but there are already posts going beyond the extent to which we will tolerate and solely serve for namecalling and hostilities outside of anything that could even masquerade as productive. That will not do. So, before it escalates further, I must encourage everybody, either involved as I'm posting this, involved earlier, or potentially involved in the future, to not make posts that would only escalate tension.

Just step back and relax if you're getting angry or if someone else pisses you off. Don't respond in the heat of the moment. Be smart about this, please.
ManabanJan 1, 2018 7:02 AM

Jan 1, 2018 10:23 AM

Feb 2015
Anyway it's a very good meme to start the new year! Kudos to Manaban who made this all happen and to Hei!

CodeBlazeFate said:

There are things on AD that will never change. And that's one of it that you mentioned.

We're still strong as it was once before!
_Ako_Jan 1, 2018 10:45 AM
Jan 1, 2018 2:10 PM

Apr 2017
the salt is real, lol.

seriously tho, i really enjoyed this interview and yeah, shitty memes should die.
S-quare22Jan 2, 2018 8:01 AM

"elles sont bien noires
les pensées des nuits blanches"

Jan 1, 2018 4:02 PM

Jun 2016
I may as well share my thoughts:

I liked it. I found this interview gave me a better understand of who Hei/Johan/JimmyKudo3000 is outside of his belief on elitism. Now don't get me wrong, I still think his use of the term "elitism" is very flawed, but I can't say I didn't learn anything from reading this.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 2, 2018 5:07 AM

Feb 2017
To be honest, it lacked the quality shitposting I expected. Whatsupwiththat?
Jan 2, 2018 11:02 AM

Dec 2016
What a lame delusional guy lmao
Women of my dreams I don't sleep so I can't find her

Jan 2, 2018 11:06 AM

Dec 2016
Pullman said:

Bruh this shit's hilarious to read. I love to laugh on dumb people xD

Jan 2, 2018 2:26 PM

May 2010
KidStiff said:
Pullman said:

Bruh this shit's hilarious to read. I love to laugh on dumb people xD

I'm sure you get quite a few laughs everytime you look in the mirror then ;]

Jesus Christ
Let him be accursed
O Lord, Amen!
Jan 2, 2018 3:57 PM

Dec 2016
Johan said:

I'm sure you get quite a few laughs everytime you look in the mirror then ;]

Omg , are you being mean to me?
That's such a grave sin. Can't wait to meet you in hell:)

Jan 2, 2018 5:22 PM

Feb 2017
Magnif-Steiner said:
To be honest, it lacked the quality shitposting I expected. Whatsupwiththat?

I agree, I came expecting some quality, deep-fried, spicy stuff and all I got was @Pullman acting like he's superior to anything other than a heavily used wad of tissues.

I am, of course, just being a wise-ass and mean no offense Pull.

Jan 5, 2018 3:09 AM

Jul 2017
Pullman said:

How agressive.
As always, pullman is acting superior.
Can't beleive you were a forum moderator.
This world is awful and merciless.

-accelerator-
Jan 5, 2018 4:24 AM

Feb 2010
Xtronic said:
Pullman said:

How agressive.

I was never a forum mod so good for you that you don't believe it. I'd never want to do that job.

And who are you again and why should I care about your opinion? Have you been around when I tried to have a reasonable discussion with him in the past and he just kept shouting 'elitist' and talked about nothing but my favorites? When he aggressively insulted me in this very interview despite us not exchanging any words for months and I'm just reacting to it?
If you find him so much more likable than me then feel free to befriend him and find out about his personality yourself, I'm not gonna stand in your way.

I probably regret this post by now.
Jan 5, 2018 4:27 AM

Oct 2015
Pullman said:
Xtronic said:

How agressive.

I was never a forum mod so good for you that you don't believe it. I'd never want to do that job.

And who are you again and why should I care about your opinion? Have you been around when I tried to have a reasonable discussion with him in the past and he just kept shouting 'elitist' and talked about nothing but my favorites? When he aggressively insulted me in this very interview despite us not exchanging any words for months and I'm just reacting to it?
If you find him so much more likable than me then feel free to befriend him and find out about his personality yourself, I'm not gonna stand in your way.

whew,dude .-.
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Jan 5, 2018 5:05 AM

Dec 2012

This is how it all begins.

My RYM|My Last.Fm|My Steam
Jan 5, 2018 10:56 AM

Jul 2015
Good read
Jan 5, 2018 3:23 PM

May 2010
Xtronic said:
Pullman said:

How agressive.

This guys behaviour is often far from acceptable tbh. That's why he hates me so much. While the rest of the community tends to prop him up as some kind of saviour, I've repeatedly called him out on it. But like he said we should be friends ;].

Taz_ said:
Good read

Glad you enjoyed the interview. ;]

Jesus Christ
Let him be accursed
O Lord, Amen!
Jan 6, 2018 4:16 AM

Feb 2016
Wait, are you telling me Chandela isn't a girl?

Good job pissing off pulltard btw.
Jan 6, 2018 7:57 AM

May 2017
Pullman said:

LOL yeah, this guy called me an elitist just cause I had 2 Yuasa anime in my favourites.

I don't think Johan understands that his behaviour and opinions are, if not worse(IMO way worse) , the same as the "elitist" he rants about.
He can't fathom the idea of someone having not liked a show he enjoyed or vice versa.
Jan 6, 2018 8:09 AM

Apr 2017
Hagorama said:
Pullman said:

LOL yeah, this guy called me an elitist just cause I had 2 Yuasa anime in my favourites.

I don't think Johan understands that his behaviour and opinions are, if not worse(IMO way worse) , the same as the "elitist" he rants about.
He can't fathom the idea of someone having not liked a show he enjoyed or vice versa.

but johan wants to discuss with other people, he only wants to prove them wrong, I can't see the problem with this.
let him express his thoughts, he has the right to disagree with you or with anyone else.

"elles sont bien noires

Jan 6, 2018 8:14 AM

May 2017
S-quare22 said:
Hagorama said:

but johan wants to discuss with other people, he only wants to prove them wrong, I can't see the problem with this.
let him express his thoughts, he has the right to disagree with you or with anyone else.

Is this a bait?

"he only wants to prove them wrong",
Prove opinions wrong?
I don't really care if he disagrees with me, but he way and attitude has an inherent hypocrisy in it.
Jan 6, 2018 8:18 AM

Apr 2017
Hagorama said:
S-quare22 said:

Is this a bait?

Prove opinions wrong?
I don't really care if he disagrees with me, but he way and attitude has an inherent hypocrisy in it.

the problem with people on MAL is that most of them use opinions as facts, that is the big deal and the biggest problem.

"elles sont bien noires

Jan 6, 2018 8:26 AM

Jul 2017
Hagorama said:
S-quare22 said:

Is this a bait?

Prove opinions wrong?

can't decide if you're trolling or being serious, can someone help him?

-accelerator-
Jan 6, 2018 8:27 AM

May 2017
S-quare22 said:

the problem with people on MAL is that most of them use opinions as facts, that is the big deal and the biggest problem.

Did you even read through anything I typed?

"I don't really care if he disagrees with me, but he way and attitude has an inherent hypocrisy in it."

"
LOL yeah, this guy called me an elitist just cause I had 2 Yuasa anime in my favourites .

He can't fathom the idea of someone having not liked a show he enjoyed or vice versa. "

"most people uses opinion as facts "

Guess who also does that??

Anyway I done with this,
I don't care enough about cartoons or pieces of fiction to go in a debate.
Jan 6, 2018 8:31 AM

Jul 2017
Hagorama said:
S-quare22 said:

"I don't really care if he disagrees with me, but he way and attitude has an inherent hypocrisy in it."

"
LOL yeah, this guy called me an elitist just cause I had 2 Yuasa anime in my favourites .

He can't fathom the idea of someone having not liked a show he enjoyed or vice versa. "

Anyway I done with this,

lol, what is that? how weak.
how old r you?

-accelerator-
Jan 6, 2018 8:41 AM

May 2017
Xtronic said:

how old r you?

What is what?
What are you referencing with "weak"?
How does age matter?

LOL, what is that? How weak.
U mst have shit taste, u live in mothers basement?

Boi if you wanna bait or troll atleast do it correctly.
Someone Pls help him.

And I am done here. (or at least with this pathetic fisherman)

(waiting for someone to take the shit taste bait)
Jan 6, 2018 8:41 AM

Apr 2017
Xtronic said:
Hagorama said:

"

Anyway I done with this,

how old r you?

it's not like I'm gonna respond or anything. people are irritating him in his own interview which I find vile, niggling, despicable and annoying as hell.

that's pathetic, too many people here need to grow up and evolve.
S-quare22Jan 6, 2018 8:55 AM

"elles sont bien noires

Jan 6, 2018 10:24 AM

May 2010
Aquamirror said:

Good job pissing off pulltard btw.

LOL Sorry for the plot twist :(

@Xtronic @S-quare22 I appreciate the support. I don't think it's necessary to argue with this guy who clearly has shown he doesnt know what he's talking about. I actually tend to commend people for having shows in their favourites I don't like because I believe it exhibits original thought, something which I am a strong proponent of. He's upset because he entered a thread I was in and tried to discredit the OP saying that his thread belonged in the trash, so i simply advised him if anything belonged in the trash it was his post & his profile :)

Overall I think my reception to this interview has been very positive. I tend to be a very controversial user because of my willingness to always speak out and not care about the backlash.

Jesus Christ
Let him be accursed
O Lord, Amen!
Jan 7, 2018 11:25 AM

Jan 2013
KUUUDOOOOOOOOOO
is the kind of rejoice I'm put into when I see you in the room. How can I not be after these past five years? One of the only true characters I know, you're what I would describe as wholly genuine.

I'm glad you did this interview. It reminds me that we share a lot of the same core values, so I'm not surprised making it through having met in heated debate to become the friends we are now. And though I abandoned Skype for Discord, you're the literal reason I have an open comment section on my profile page. If we were going to fade into obscurity, there was definitely opportunities for it. Easy to say I'm glad that didn't happen.

Chandela is my one true waifu.
I had a hysterical laughing fit upon reading this for the first time, you have no idea.
This is the actual best thing you've ever called me, with being the best trap on MyAnimeList right after lmfaooo

Speaking of which, you've only ever put my name to good word. I really appreciate that, sincerely. I associate with many people, but those I call my own show up few and far between. Like yourself, the nature of the internet's anonymity doesn't play into how I treat people I align with. Those I do are the kind of goodfellas I would give the world to on a platter. I know you understand what that feels like, and I'm grateful to be apart of it. Love you bby ;*

I definitely need to be around more, but I can't chill out with the Aikatsu! It's a practical applicability to everything I've ever wanted to influence and establish. No, I'm not joking. This pursuit has been my primary focus of the last two years on such a grand scale. I'll tell you more about it next time I'm around on your profile.

The only thing that I really have to say in regards to your stance against elitism is that I absolutely love how passionate you are about it. I'll pop into a random thread and see you going at it with some of the people there, heh. Just like those who come to your comment section, it's typically a fun read.

Kinda like this thread, tehepero~
Good read mate, thanks for the recommendation too.
These interviews can be quite enjoyable, perhaps I'll do one soon.

Aquamirror said:
I find that it's better to let people visualize whatever suits them personally based on the impression I've left. That's why I don't mark a gender. Most commonly that image is one of a considerate women. I'm told my mannerisms, username, color layout and favorites all reflect that. Sorry if I destroyed the picture.
ChandelaJan 7, 2018 11:36 AM
Jan 7, 2018 11:09 PM
Jul 2018
LMAO, I am surprised at how many familiar faces are in here, it is like a family reunion... Good times, good times... I mean it was not too long ago but who cares.
Jan 7, 2018 11:25 PM

Apr 2013
Chandela said:

Aquamirror said:
I find that it's better to let people visualize whatever suits them personally based on the impression I've left. That's why I don't mark a gender. Most commonly that image is one of a considerate women. I'm told my mannerisms, username, color layout and favorites all reflect that. Sorry if I destroyed the picture.

Well people would say the same for me, wow guess coming down by this interview not only revealed more about the user who was interviewed but also you. Oh well, it's a nice surprise knowing that more bros like Aikatsu! lol seems like Johan is telling you to stop watching so much Aikatsu! too ;D Looking forward to the new Aikatsu! Threads you have planned out~

Ascended Taste
I only came back to this site for the forum sets and to promote my RYM list... Anilist ftw still :dab:
Jan 7, 2018 11:49 PM

May 2010
Chandela said:
KUUUDOOOOOOOOOO
is the kind of rejoice I'm put into when I see you in the room. How can I not be after these past five years? One of the only true characters I know, you're what I would describe as wholly genuine.

I'm glad you did this interview. It reminds me that we share a lot of the same core values, so I'm not surprised making it through having met in heated debate to become the friends we are now. And though I abandoned Skype for Discord, you're the literal reason I have an open comment section on my profile page. If we were going to fade into obscurity, there was definitely opportunities for it. Easy to say I'm glad that didn't happen.

Chandela is my one true waifu.
I had a hysterical laughing fit upon reading this for the first time, you have no idea.
This is the actual best thing you've ever called me, with being the best trap on MyAnimeList right after lmfaooo

Speaking of which, you've only ever put my name to good word. I really appreciate that, sincerely. I associate with many people, but those I call my own show up few and far between. Like yourself, the nature of the internet's anonymity doesn't play into how I treat people I align with. Those I do are the kind of goodfellas I would give the world to on a platter. I know you understand what that feels like, and I'm grateful to be apart of it. Love you bby ;*

I definitely need to be around more, but I can't chill out with the Aikatsu! It's a practical applicability to everything I've ever wanted to influence and establish. No, I'm not joking. This pursuit has been my primary focus of the last two years on such a grand scale. I'll tell you more about it next time I'm around on your profile.

The only thing that I really have to say in regards to your stance against elitism is that I absolutely love how passionate you are about it. I'll pop into a random thread and see you going at it with some of the people there, heh. Just like those who come to your comment section, it's typically a fun read.

Kinda like this thread, tehepero~
Good read mate, thanks for the recommendation too.
These interviews can be quite enjoyable, perhaps I'll do one soon.

Aquamirror said:

I really appreciate you tbh. I know damn well how difficult I am, but i think the fact that we can stay friends is very important. I really did wish you would come back to Skype for me ;-;. Pressure has been insurmountable on me making a Discord, so who knows maybe everyone will win out and I'll concede.

_Hero_ said:
LMAO, I am surprised at how many familiar faces are in here, it is like a family reunion... Good times, good times... I mean it was not too long ago but who cares.

LOL Jimmykudo always brings the fam together, feel free to nickname me Santa Clause ;].

Aidoru-Ojisan said:
Chandela said:

Well people would say the same for me, wow guess coming down by this interview not only revealed more about the user who was interviewed but also you. Oh well, it's a nice surprise knowing that more bros like Aikatsu! lol seems like Johan is telling you to stop watching so much Aikatsu! too ;D Looking forward to the new Aikatsu! Threads you have planned out~

I need to watch Aikatsu myself tbh. It's just such a long adventure, i'd be more willing if i had someone to watch with me (like with Bleach). ;-;

Jesus Christ
Let him be accursed
O Lord, Amen!
Jan 7, 2018 11:57 PM

Apr 2013
Johan said:

Aidoru-Ojisan said:

I need to watch Aikatsu myself tbh. It's just such a long adventure, i'd be more willing if i had someone to watch with me (like with Bleach). ;-;

Heh, not sure if Chandela has done the same but I have tried my best trying to convince people to give the whole series a chance, so far I only succeed in one attempt (they're on episode 63 I believe) and I have two other pending users lol. Ah man, I would rewatch the series so I wouldn't mind simulcasting it with you on rabbit if Chandela joins, since hey I'm just some random dude that happens to know your "one true waifu" cause we have a strange passion for that series lmao (anyways nice to meet you Johan, you seem to be quite a famous user and the fact you and Chandela know each other seems to prove that. Nice interview btw.)

Ascended Taste
I only came back to this site for the forum sets and to promote my RYM list... Anilist ftw still :dab:
Jan 8, 2018 12:10 AM

May 2010
Aidoru-Ojisan said:
Johan said:

Heh, not sure if Chandela has done the same but I have tried my best trying to convince people to give the whole series a chance, so far I only succeed in one attempt (they're on episode 63 I believe) and I have two other pending users lol. Ah man, I would rewatch the series so I wouldn't mind simulcasting it with you on rabbit if Chandela joins, since hey I'm just some random dude that happens to know your "one true waifu" cause we have a strange passion for that series lmao (anyways nice to meet you Johan, you seem to be quite a famous user and the fact you and Chandela know each other seems to prove that. Nice interview btw.)

Honestly I'd absolutely be down for something like that. Yeah I uhhh have a bit of reputation around here. I won't say its all great, but I've known Chandela 5 years and we've always had a good relationship. I guess I have to pose this question;

//begins sweating vehemently.

Do you use Skype?

Jesus Christ
Let him be accursed
O Lord, Amen!
Jan 8, 2018 12:13 AM

Apr 2013
Johan said:
Aidoru-Ojisan said:

Honestly I'd absolutely be down for something like that. Yeah I uhhh have a bit of reputation around here. I won't say its all great, but I've known Chandela 5 years and we've always had a good relationship. I guess I have to pose this question;

Do you use Skype?

It's been years since I used it but now all I use is Discord, I have Chandela added as a bud there but since I'm such a boring nerd we don't message each other too much lol that's kind of a issue with me but we still respect each other as fellow Aikatsu! fans I guess :p

have you joined the Discord way yet or nah?
Aidoru-OjisanJan 8, 2018 12:17 AM

Ascended Taste
Jan 8, 2018 12:21 AM

May 2010
Aidoru-Ojisan said:
Johan said:

Do you use Skype?

It's been years since I used it but now all I use is Discord, I have Chandela added as a bud there but since I'm such a boring nerd we don't message each other too much lol that's kind of a issue with me but we still respect each other as fellow Aikatsu! fans I guess :p

Oh great another person who doesn't message people often :(

I already have too many waifu's who don't keep up with me <\3

But nahhh I'm one of the last remaining skype loyalists :c

Pressure has certainly been mounting on me to make a Discord tho'

Jesus Christ
Let him be accursed
O Lord, Amen!
Jan 8, 2018 12:26 AM

Apr 2013
Johan said:
Aidoru-Ojisan said:

yea I don't message too much despite seeming like a talkative guy :\ also, heh staying loyal till the end eh? I respect you a bit more now, well the only reason why I moved from skype to discord was cause I got a lot of buds saying it was better so I went with the flow. Anyways you stay loyal to skype I guess, if Chandela sees the conversation we had we'll see if we can watch some Aikatsu! together.

Ascended Taste
Jan 8, 2018 12:39 AM

May 2010
Aidoru-Ojisan said:
Johan said:

yea I don't message too much despite seeming like a talkative guy :\ also, heh staying loyal till the end eh? I respect you a bit more now, well the only reason why I moved from skype to discord was cause I got a lot of buds saying it was better so I went with the flow. Anyways you stay loyal to skype I guess, if Chandela sees the conversation we had we'll see if we can watch some Aikatsu! together.

LOL yeah Idk how long i can withold making a Discord, but I'm a stubborn motherfucker. I don't have a tumblr/twitter/instagram either xD.

Honestly I'd be willing to watch Aikatsu with just you even. I have a lot of friends who watch anime with me, so i'm sure i can drag a few others into as well even. <3

Jesus Christ
Let him be accursed
O Lord, Amen!
Jan 8, 2018 12:46 AM

Apr 2013
Johan said:
Aidoru-Ojisan said:

LOL yeah Idk how long i can withold making a Discord, but I'm a stubborn motherfucker. I don't have a tumblr/twitter/instagram either xD.

Honestly I'd be willing to watch Aikatsu with just you even. I have a lot of friends who watch anime with me, so i'm sure i can drag a few others into as well even. <3

Heh, I like your thinking, the more the merrier eh? Pretty sure me and Chandela can literally watch the series more than five times if we could, just really hoping the company will help you enjoy those 178 episodes and 1 canon movie ;D

Ascended Taste
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Nominations V2 ( 1 2 )

Skittles - Nov 21, 2021

64 by Dapper_Dhampir14 »»
Sep 2, 2023 6:01 PM

» Interview 24 - Kineta

Daconator - Jun 10, 2015

15 by cornonacob »»
Aug 5, 2023 3:36 PM

» Interview #267 - lpf

spaceslut - Mar 28, 2023

1 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Mar 29, 2023 9:30 AM

» Interview #254 - IrrelevantGuy

NextUniverse - Apr 9, 2022

8 by IrrelevantGuy »»
Mar 22, 2023 4:30 AM

» Interview #200 - Shinah

Mimurona - Oct 13, 2019

10 by Shinah »»
Mar 9, 2023 10:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.