Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (18) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 9, 2018 6:15 PM

Mar 2015
Demonarion said:
What are your predictions for the Royal Rumble?

Keep in mind that RAW airs on Wednesday and Smackdown on Thursday on the channel i watch it on and since i don´t spoiler myself my predictions are coming your way without and knowledge of this weeks´ developments...

Asuka seems like the logical winner of the Royal Rumble and it appears as if she is the chosen one to get a title match at Wrestlemania. I dislike it when someone gets pushed by winning every single match (i hated Goldberg back in the 90s as WCW manufactured him into a new superstar in an effort to save their butts). I believe wrestling is all about having to take losses and that those who work the hardest and the best even in matches they lose shall ultimately be rewarded with titles. So i kinda hope they will go another road and say ok, if Asuka has to win 1v1 every time, then maybe she can at least lose in the Royal Rumble thanks to a lot of women working together against her or something.

The men´s royal rumble match is impossible to predict apart from the fact it won´t be used to push a midcarder. A superstar will win as the winner main events wrestlemania. I think it will be someone from Smackdown, hopefully Nakamura.

Roode will become Intercontinental Champion for sure hehe

My guess is that Kane is in the match so that they can finally take the title off of Lesnar without having him lose. Strowman looks like the chosen one for along time now and Royal Rumble might be the time.

No idea how this handicap title match is planned!? Are Owens and Zayn co-champs when they win? Is the one who pins AJ the new champ? All this combined with the fact Styles lost to both of them 1 on 1 in the past weeks smells a lot like he´ll take revenge and keep the title, possibly with Shane and Brian getting involved one way or another. This match has so many crazy possibilities, can´t wait for it! (for example a fallout between Kevin and Sami as they fight for the pin and the championship...however it would be too early for that. Splitting them already would be the poorest decision ever). So yeah, Styles defends somehow.
Jan 9, 2018 6:20 PM

Mar 2015
Gwathgor said:
What do you think was the most disappointing anime of the last year?

Not the worst, but by far the most disappointing one for me was by far Jigoku Shoujo: Yoi no Togi because i have always been a huge fan of the Hell Girl series which was absolutely brilliant for two seasons and had a good third season as well.

However, Yoi no Togi basically screwed the ultimate ending as they ran into sponsorship trouble and had to finish the series in a rush after just six episodes instead of 12 and it is a very sad thing as the final episodes have always been the most amazing climax and a huge strength of Hell Girl in all previous seasons.

I was very sad to see one of my favorite longer running series end like this.
Jan 10, 2018 6:01 AM

Apr 2014
Any animus you look forward to watching in 2018?

Jan 10, 2018 6:07 AM

Feb 2016
What do you think about our xará in Barcelona?
(''Xará'' means someone has the same name as you.)
The battle is over.
Show respect for the fallen
who fought so bravely.
Jan 10, 2018 11:23 AM

Mar 2015
Felix-san said:
What do you think about our xará in Barcelona?
(''Xará'' means someone has the same name as you.)

Coutinho? I have no idea what he wants at Barcelona (except for making even more money) and even less do i know what Barcelona wants to do with him. As if Barcelona looks like a team in desperate need of an offensive midfielder (no midfield scores more goals than Barca already). This is a weird transfer and the biggest waste of money in football history. The guy has zero potential to make Barcelona better. The already play perfect football in at the moment and they haven´t lost any key puzzle pieces to execute their system.

Coutinhos style fits the Premier League so much better than La Liga so it is a shame he switched to Spain and also took the easy route to win titles. Can´t say i wish him all the best since i disliked his new club all my life lol

For Liverpool, it is a loss taking them out of contention for the Champions League berths which is good news for everybody else fighting for 2nd-5th place i guess. Even as a Chelsea supporter (well...i like them...although i´m actually a Newcastle fan) who views Liverpool as a threat, i am very sad to see him leave the best league in the world.

Guess this is what Barcelona does...blaming "billionaire" clubs for destroying football while acting like one themselves ;)

Jan 10, 2018 11:28 AM

Mar 2015
Demonarion said:
Any animus you look forward to watching in 2018?

The whole Winter 2018 season looks absolutely amazing!!! I just added 13 shows from this season to PTW which is the highest number ever. This has serious potential to become my favorite season of all time and i´m especially hyped for Violet Evergarden which starts airing tomorrow. However i will save it up for until it finished airing.

Also later in the year i look forward to some nostalgia as Digimon Adventure tri will release its sixth and final movie and my beloved Yama no Susume girls will FINALLY get a 3rd season. Also Girls und Panzer and Hibike! receive at least a little bit of new material in the form of movies so i´ll look forward to seeing those characters again too. Those are my highlights as far as i can tell at this point :-)
Jan 10, 2018 11:43 AM

Apr 2014
Favorite Digimon series and fave Digimon?

Jan 10, 2018 12:07 PM

Dec 2015
Which anime are you looking forwards most from this season? If it's 3-gatsu's second season, what is the next one?
Jan 10, 2018 12:22 PM

Mar 2015
Demonarion said:
Favorite Digimon series and fave Digimon?

My favorite season has always been Tamers. As an older watcher of what most people consider to be a children´s show, i thought the young characters acted most realistic according to their age in that season yet at the same time things got really dark and even deserved a psychological tag once it got to the core of the story, with Juri falling into a deep depression and stuff. Also with Yamaki, they produced the most influential and best written adult support character in the history of the series.

I´m was still very excited for tri. Seeing all the original characters again at an older age after all this years is a lot of fun and the series itself is good too.

My favorite Digimon will always be Gatomon (Tailmon), the loveliest turncoat in anime haha
Jan 10, 2018 12:28 PM

Mar 2015
sytemet said:
Which anime are you looking forwards most from this season? If it's 3-gatsu's second season, what is the next one?

oh that´s an easy one: BY FAR it is Violet Evergarden!

The synopsis reads so wonderful. It is bound to make for some deep philosophical episodes and might have similar ideas as Kino no Tabi, just packed into a different world.

It is a road trip, has focus on a single main character and promises to be full of emotions and bittersweet stories from the past (war). Also it looks really awesome but that´s true for almost all anime these days lol

(3-gatsu 2nd Season is not from this season, it is a carry-over from Fall, anyways it would not rank above Violet Evergarden)
Jan 10, 2018 1:08 PM

Dec 2015
What would you say about Sekai no Owari to Yoakemae manga?
Jan 10, 2018 1:11 PM

Apr 2014
PhKay said:
at the same time things got really dark and even deserved a psychological tag once it got to the core of the story, with Juri falling into a deep depression and stuff. Also with Yamaki, they produced the most influential and best written adult support character in the history of the series.

What's up with kids shows going all dark out of nowhere?

Like the yggdrasil arc in Digimon Savers, Seasons 3 and 4(was so dark that it didn't get dubbed) of Yugioh GX hell even season 2 was rather grim at times.

Jan 10, 2018 7:30 PM

May 2015
Is Episode 3 of Jigoku Shoujo: Yoi no Togi your favorite episode in the entire Jigoku Shoujo series?
Jan 11, 2018 2:12 PM

Mar 2015
Gwathgor said:
What would you say about Sekai no Owari to Yoakemae manga?

It is probably the only manga i ever tried you can take at least seriously as it tells a darker Slice of Life story with drama. It is extremely mature and has a lot of sexual illustrations given its short length but it is still classy.

Therefore, it is by far the best out of the few manga i tried out. I´m not a manga reader at all, Yoakemae was recommended to me by an old MAL friend of mine and it was a good recommendation for sure. Didn´t turn me into a regular reader though.

Apart from this manga, i only ever "read" some pretty weird and dirty hentai one shots to amuse myself so the competition wasn´t very hard haha
Jan 11, 2018 2:17 PM

Mar 2015
Demonarion said:
PhKay said:
at the same time things got really dark and even deserved a psychological tag once it got to the core of the story, with Juri falling into a deep depression and stuff. Also with Yamaki, they produced the most influential and best written adult support character in the history of the series.

What's up with kids shows going all dark out of nowhere?

Like the yggdrasil arc in Digimon Savers, Seasons 3 and 4(was so dark that it didn't get dubbed) of Yugioh GX hell even season 2 was rather grim at times.

Indeed it happens frequently! Japan definitely has a different standard for what they think their younger generation can take. I can´t speak for anything else than Digimon though which actually started to get darker in Adventure 02 already towards the end.

There is enough happy go lucky compensation though in Tamers with the super childish Culumon for example. I haven´t watched any other kids shows i can recall going dark toward the ending but i did hear it happens in other anime as well.

I think it is ok when we speak of Digimon which always created new stuff mainly to keep their old fans happy instead of winning over new ones so each season is a lot more mature than the one before that, appealing to the fans of Season 1 despite them growing older in the meanwhile. Starting over with new characters and a new story often helps to win new fans as well though and channels showing anime can choose for themselves if they wanna show it at a time young audiences watch or not so it is fine.

Things would get insane once Pokemon starts to kill characters or something haha
Jan 11, 2018 2:21 PM

Mar 2015
Tarotist said:
Is Episode 3 of Jigoku Shoujo: Yoi no Togi your favorite episode in the entire Jigoku Shoujo series?

It is the best episode in the unfortunate Yoi no Togi season but no way near my favorite ten episodes of Hell Girl. For an episode of the 4th season to remain in my memory for long it would have taken something extremely special given how brilliant some cases in earlier episodes were, let alone the final few episodes of each of the first three seasons as Jigoku Shoujo has always had absolutely amazing endings to their seasons.

My favorite Hell Girl episodes were always those putting Hone Onna in the spotlight and especially the two which reveal her past and how she became part of Ai Enma´s team.
Jan 12, 2018 1:07 AM

Apr 2014
Are there any anime soundtracks you listen to regularly?

Jan 12, 2018 11:01 AM

Dec 2015
So I checked out a few of the anime roulettes and wait, what, you've read Count of Monte Cristo? I thought you never read books. How did that happen, how long ago was it and how well do you remember what happened in the book? Also did you like it? Don't spoil me hard on it.
Jan 12, 2018 11:13 AM

Mar 2015
Demonarion said:
Are there any anime soundtracks you listen to regularly?

Yes there are quite a few worth mentioning ;)
I have the Opening Song from Serial Experiments Lain on my regular playlist as it does not sound like it is an anime song and sung in english. It is called Duvet and is a great ballad.

It was when i was watching Angel Beats! that i felt like creating a playlist with japanese songs as i was pretty impressed with a few songs by fictional band Girls Dead Monster, most importantly Alchemy, Shine Days, Rain Song and Little Braver. A similar sound i liked was the awesome guitar in God Knows, the song Haruhi Suzumiya sings in the episode Live Alive in a famous performance scene.

Samurai Champloo is partially also my favorite ever because of the diverse soundtrack and i love it. Most importantly the show turned me into a fan of okinawan traditional folk singer Ikue Asazaki which i got to know because one of her songs (Obokuri Eemui) plays in the background of Mugens drowning scene and it is just an amazing type of music. It takes you to another world. Other songs from Samurai Champloo i like are Shiki no Uta by Minmi and San Francisco by Midicronica. Hiji zuru no style is a pretty great rap song, awesome beat!

Even though i never watched Gintama, i still love "Donten" by DOES, used as the opening for season 5.

And last but not least, there is the Asian Kung Fu Generation who wrote Re:Re, the opening song of Boku dake ga Inai machi.

There are also a few other japanese artists not linked to anime on my list, for example Yoshida Brothers and KOKIA. So it is a very diverse playlist as i am able to enjoy more or less every genre of music to a certain extent.
Jan 12, 2018 11:30 AM

Mar 2015
sytemet said:
So I checked out a few of the anime roulettes and wait, what, you've read Count of Monte Cristo? I thought you never read books. How did that happen, how long ago was it and how well do you remember what happened in the book? Also did you like it? Don't spoil me hard on it.

Very long ago. We read The Count of Monte Cristo in class. I can´t remember exactly which grade i was in but it must have been at age 17 or 18. Anyways, i recalled a lot more than i recall other books i read after i got out of school since in class, you review and discuss what happens regularly which makes things a lot easier and this a book which is really hard to forget about, trust me! It´s quite long so it was basically a project running through the whole year.

I´d say it was one of the few books we read in school i really liked for all the action, drama and intrigues. It is definitely a story keeping you on the edge of the seat as things are so extremely unpredictable for the most part as almost everybody in the book is a selfish bastard or has ulterior motives.

However what is noteworthy though is that the anime Gankutsuou apart from making a few important changes especially when it comes to the setting starts when the book is already many many pages in which i found to be a good thing. The book takes a while before it really gets to the core of the drama.

I´d say everybody with a fascination for the world of aristocrats will definitely love this book and i can´t really see any regular fan of drama, betrayal and revenge disliking The Count of Monte Cristo. Given what it is basically about, it sounds a lot like a soap opera, but it is actually highly intense...a THRILLER!
Jan 12, 2018 1:03 PM
Chicken King

Jun 2017
@Phkay

Now that you've asked me the question I really wonder, what did you like more about Kara No Kyoukai movies 3 and 4 compared to the other movies?

Also, didn't you think the movie 6 was a little bad compared to the others?
Jan 12, 2018 4:56 PM

Feb 2016
Who is your avatar forum?
The battle is over.
who fought so bravely.
Jan 13, 2018 11:04 AM

Feb 2016
What do you thought of me when we know each other?
I remember you speaking with the others about soccer and nothing with me.
I thought you did it because you know how Brazilian fans are arrogant because we think that we are the most victories selection in cups of the world. (We just think that winning is good at nothing. Only 7x1.)
The battle is over.
who fought so bravely.
Jan 13, 2018 12:22 PM

Apr 2014
Do you often go out of your comfort zone when it comes to anime?

Jan 13, 2018 5:13 PM

Mar 2013
PhKay said:
Harus said:

Oh wow
I'm not sure if I just forgot or if i just didn't know that you liked Natsume.
Also Little witch academia, maybe I also didn't know you liked because I was pretty away from mal hehe

Shoujo shuumatsu > owarimonogatari ?
=O

You've watched a lot more airing anime this year, how was that experience as a whole? do you think 3 per season is a good number or you are going to watch more from now on?

also ~
which season was the best this last year? winter, spring, summer or fall?

yeah i like Natsume :-) I do not think the comparisons to Mushishi make much sense and that it is on the same level but i really do enjoy it a lot. I actually started watching it for the sole reason Ana likes it so much. Good she didn´t disappear from MAL before i started the series because otherwise i might never have started it.

Yes, Girls Last Tour was better than Owarimonogatari when it comes to my personal enjoyment. However, this may be because Owari had such a extremely high bar to overcome. It is Monogatari after all...and furthermore, it features the main arc ending so the expectations were enormous. Owari is obviously still a great anime but Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou was the surprise discovery of the year for me. Absolutely wonderful stuff capable of becoming an evergreen actually if they decide to do many seasons.

I did not watch more airing shows than in the last two years. Ever since i decided to do so, i always consistently went with three airing shows per season. I find the number to be ideal for me and i got used to it to the point where i do not experience any differences in enjoyment between watching airing or binge-watching. Both is equally fine for the most part although i still try to save the most promising new show of the season for marathoning. 3 is perfect for me and it might be good for others who like to binge-watch most of the time too. It requires little time, you can easily catch up when you miss a week and it leaves more than enough time to marathon through another show at the same time or participate in AWC or Roulette. So i´m not gonna increase the amount of shows i watch airing in 2018. It´s gonna be 3 a season for sure.

I still have many shows to watch from last year left so it is hard to say what´s the best season of 2017 but in a pre-ranking including the potential of the shows i haven´t seen yet it has to be Fall. Not only did i love Girls Last Tour and Kino no Tabi but there are so many anime with a very high likelyhood to entertain me. I have rarely seen a season that made me add so many anime to PTW (i haven´t done that yet officially though as i keep my ptw list short).

This is most importantly 3-gatsu no Lion 2 but also Konohana Kitan, Itsudatte Bokura 10cm, Animegataris and Urahara. I´m sure at least 3 of those will manage to get a 8+ rating but who knows, maybe i´m wrong. Judging only but what i already saw, Spring was the most consistent season. Just Because was a letdown in Fall lol

She told me that she was the one that insisted that you watch it xD

Can't say much since I still need to watch the owarimonogatari and i just watched 2 episode of the girls last tour
might watch the 3rd eventually, i was just surprised because the odds of it being better than owarimonogatari are overall pretty slim , but as you said it enjoyment.

3 per season is actually a good number, I don't plan on watching much more than that too.

I have weird feelings towards this last fall season.. at the same time that there are some interesting things, I didn't finish a single anime and I don't feel like I missed too much =l
Well once you watch some of those I'll ask again about the best season of 2017 xD

Are going to compete on the 2018 anime watching challenge? Was a good experience to participate on the 2017 one?
Jan 14, 2018 6:53 AM

Dec 2015
What's your favourite anime movie?
Jan 14, 2018 7:32 AM

Dec 2013
Did you ever go to Vienna Opera?
Jan 14, 2018 11:17 AM

Mar 2015
DarknessPoulet said:
@Phkay

Now that you've asked me the question I really wonder, what did you like more about Kara No Kyoukai movies 3 and 4 compared to the other movies?

Also, didn't you think the movie 6 was a little bad compared to the others?

I´d say the main reason i liked movies 3 and 4 the most are thanks to the antagonists and how they are put in the spotlight. Araya Souren is easily hateable and is put to screen really well and Fujino Asagami is kinda different since the way she gets treated causes a conflict for the viewer weather she is really a villain or not. I like conflicting ideas in general. Blurring the lines between good and evil always makes for some great entertainment.

Movie 6 was still good in my opinion even though definitely not one of the best. It has a few kinda strange and unfitting "cute" elements to it but the main story is as creative and enjoyable as any other. It is the filler scenes which lack in comparison to other Kara no Kyoukai films.
Jan 14, 2018 11:21 AM

Mar 2015
Felix-san said:
Who is your avatar forum?

He is Miyuki from RDG: Red Data girl.
https://myanimelist.net/character/73339/Miyuki_Sagara

Back when i switched to him i kinda felt a desire to put someone from a show that is far underrated or overlooked from P.A. Works in the spotlight and grant such a character some attention.

Turned out i never changed my avvy ever again. I´m too lazy to search for new forum sets regularly so i stuck with him as well as with Shinra as profile pic for more than a year now. I can identify with both very well so i decided to stick with them.
Jan 14, 2018 11:29 AM

Mar 2015
Felix-san said:
What do you thought of me when we know each other?
I remember you speaking with the others about soccer and nothing with me.
I thought you did it because you know how Brazilian fans are arrogant because we think that we are the most victories selection in cups of the world. (We just think that winning is good at nothing. Only 7x1.)

Well i got to know you in Monia Café where you were one of the last few people who had a chance to start a new HST so i started out with the questions i always used to start out with. I´ve been a Café veteran very much connected to a bunch of other long-term HST owners so i guess it is natural to focus on their threads as i have done this for years.

With someone i still don´t know, i thought it would be kinda weird to get into football or other off-topic stuff much right away. MAL is a place to talk about anime and manga primarily after all. I took pretty long for me to talk about football with others in here as far as i recall.

I´m not a big believer in collective arrogance. Fans judge their team and everyone else based on their strength and success in the past. It is natural to have high expectations when you have won a lot historically and it is not arrogant to think everyone else is weaker when in fact this has been the case for the most time. Brazilian fas have high expectations because they are used to winning. There is not too much else to it. I have travelled the world to watch sports way too much in my life already to believe in generally "bad" supporters.
Jan 14, 2018 11:32 AM

Mar 2015
Demonarion said:
Do you often go out of your comfort zone when it comes to anime?

I avoided it for over a decade...and then i joined Yggdrasils and participated in the Roulette. I found most of the stuff i got there surprising in a positive way even though i 2/3 times get stuff i would never go for by my own choice. I think it helped me expanding my horizon when it comes to anime and explore my own hidden tastes so i do plan to chose my shows more open-minded than i used to because of this.

The AWC has also driven me out of my comfort zone with a few shows and also forced me to search for something usually not on my radar by myself and the research was kinda fun.
Jan 14, 2018 11:36 AM

Mar 2015
Harus said:
Are going to compete on the 2018 anime watching challenge? Was a good experience to participate on the 2017 one?

I have not made up my mind yet but it is likely i will go for an easier version of the AWC 2018 yet again, starting a little bit later. Last year i signed up in March by the way. The fact the bingo system is gone again sure helps my decision as i thought it was unnecessary and added some annoying extra work to the whole procedure.

Nevertheless, participating in 2017 was a great experience and i enjoyed it a lot. As you know i just love competitions to challenge myself in general so the idea itself is perfect for a person like me and also the AWC forced me out of my comfort zone as well, expanding my horizon when it comes to anime very much like the Roulette in here.
Jan 14, 2018 11:40 AM

Mar 2015
Gwathgor said:
What's your favourite anime movie?

So many amazing movies came out in the past few years and we kinda live in the golden era of animated movies. With Anthem of the Heart, i even found myself the 2nd movie i ever gave a 10.

However, my favorite anime movie of all time is still Princess Mononoke. Everything about it is so perfect. It tells a brilliant story, has wonderful and extremely deep characters, an easy yet important message as the whole thing is basically a gigantic shoutout for tolerance and it set new standards for animation. Ghibli really set the bar here and deserves a lot of credit for the development of art in animation.
Jan 14, 2018 11:44 AM

Mar 2015
Domenca said:
Did you ever go to Vienna Opera?

Opera really is not my cup of tea -.-

I think it is boring...waaaaay too long most of the time and i also have trouble following what it is all about. There are translation computers in each seat but still, when you go there to watch in the auditorium, you wanna look at the stage.

I´ve tried watching Opera once there i think and that´s all it took for me to realise that it is just not made for me. I´ve been to the Vienna State Opera house again last November when i took the guided tour together with Harus when he visited Vienna though haha
Jan 15, 2018 8:04 AM

Apr 2014
What do you think of the vienna schnitzel?

Jan 15, 2018 1:42 PM

Mar 2015
Demonarion said:
What do you think of the vienna schnitzel?

Like most people from Vienna, i think it is slightly overrated.
It´s not that it does not taste good, it just appears to be a little to simple for something people view as a national specialty.

As for me, the regular variation has become a little bit too boring for me over the years. My favorite Schnitzel variations are Cordon Bleu (a Schnitzel filled with ham and cheese) and Surschnitzel where the meat is smoked :-)
Jan 16, 2018 5:52 AM

Dec 2013
Which events will you go to in Pyeongchang?
Jan 16, 2018 9:31 AM

Apr 2014
Other than the vienna schnitzle, what do you think of the rest of the Austrian cuisine.

Jan 16, 2018 1:06 PM

Dec 2015
If the HSTs hadn’t been banned, the branches would not exist. We would have our old seats, but they wouldn’t have the current level of activity plus some of the guys banned (or otherwise absent) from the cafe wouldn’t be joining in.

In retrospect, was the ban good for you, or would you have prefered things to have stayed as they were?
Jan 16, 2018 6:30 PM

Apr 2014
(Since people seemed to like these, I'll post it to everyone. Tell me if you want future one's or not).

Quiz time! Without googling, try to answer the following questions?

1. What ethnicity was sent to internment camps in the United States during World War 2?
2. The controversial leader of what country has compared himself to Hitler and encourages civilians to murder drug users?
3. What American president is the first one to speak to the president of Taiwan since 1970?
4. What is the most common religious affiliation in Australia?
5. What is the most common cause of death in people with diabetes?
6. By using a non-rotating black hole to convert the mass of cats to energy, how many cats would you need to power Norway for a year?
No validation, no applause
You don't have prove you got it when you know it's yours

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSSKDIcpdSE
Jan 16, 2018 6:47 PM

Dec 2013
How is Un-Go so far?

“Please take responsibility, okay?”

Jan 16, 2018 6:49 PM

Feb 2016
Ronald and Rivaldo Said this phrases a few days ago
Rivaldo: ''if I were playing today probably
I win the best of the world 2 or 3 times, because, there is no one to compete against CR7 and Messi.''
Ronaldo: ''In my time playing was much more hard to be the best of the world Compared today''
Do agree?
personally, I disagree because when Rivaldo was the best of the world he won La liga and Barcelona was eliminated in the FIRST STAGE of champions league. The numbers were 29 goals in 49 games on La Liga. Imagine today Someone to be the best of the world with those number and with one La liga? It's unbelievable.
About Ronaldo...CR7 and Messi have the double of his goals. How many years do we see CR7 and Messi scored at least 40 or 50 per season? The best year of Ronald he scored 42 or 43 goals and never won a champions league.
The battle is over.
who fought so bravely.
Jan 16, 2018 10:52 PM

Mar 2015
Domenca said:
Which events will you go to in Pyeongchang?

I´m going from the 10th to the 19th of February and i already have tickets for alpine skiing on the first three days of competiton which is the men´s downhill on the 11th, women´s giant slalom on the 12th and men´s combined on the 13th although this collides with another event i´m interested in (but have no tickets for) so i have to decide spontaeniously if i wanna watch the downhill of the combined too or if i just go too the slalom in the afternoon. Guess this will depend on if tickets are available or not (for the curling mixed final)

Although i have no tickets i´m definitely gonna go to 1-2 hockey games s they struggle to sell hockey tickets for the group stage it seems.

14th and 15th we spend at the Luge sliding center. I can´t watch anything else on those days as the track is a bit outside of Pyeongchang and it takes a couple of hours to get there and get back too obviously.

I have no idea what i will do on the last four days yet. I plan to take two days off of sports to check the city and do some sightseeing in the area. If i go to a few other events depends on the ticket situation and how i feel like on that given day. I desperately wanna go to Shorttrack but it was impossible to get tickets online as it is Koreas Nr. 1 wintersports and they are extremely good at this so it is the main attraction for the locals, leading to the Shorttrack venue being sold out for each day already. Maybe i can get in somehow through black market tickets so it will depend on the price.

However it turns out, it should be fun ^^
Jan 16, 2018 11:00 PM

Mar 2015
Demonarion said:
Other than the vienna schnitzle, what do you think of the rest of the Austrian cuisine.
^

Generally austrian cuisine is quite diverse and i think it is one of the better cuisines in Europe. I especially like our bakery traditions so our pastries, cakes, chocolates and sweet main dishes are very good.

My favorite rich austrian dishes are Schweinsbraten and Zwiebelrostbraten.

https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Cookbook:Zwiebelrostbraten

https://www.google.de/search?q=schweinsbraten+wiki+english&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwith87Otd7YAhVCZ1AKHfJXBMkQ_AUICigB&biw=1600&bih=794

there´s also a lot of local food i do not like much though. We also have a wide variety of dishes with innards but that´s kinda not for me. I can´t help but think it´s kinda gross -.-

I love to mix my food up a lot so generally i´d say in a week, i eat local food three times and international food four times. I can´t live without Burgers, Pizza or chinese as well :)
Jan 16, 2018 11:07 PM

Mar 2015
sytemet said:
If the HSTs hadn’t been banned, the branches would not exist. We would have our old seats, but they wouldn’t have the current level of activity plus some of the guys banned (or otherwise absent) from the cafe wouldn’t be joining in.

In retrospect, was the ban good for you, or would you have prefered things to have stayed as they were?

tough one but since i will never forget how lovely things started for me at MAL and in Monia Café, i will never say i´m glad the good old days are over. I definitely would have wished for the Cafe to remain my home for forever even if it means having a less active Hot Seat Thread. I felt very much at home over there all the way to the end.

This branch and Yggdrasils in general feels like a restart for me. The way these branches have revived this club is pretty awesome though and i can´t lie and have to say answering many questions every single day again reminds me a lot of the glory days of Monia Cafe which is kinda cool. Given how much less members we have here, it is pretty remarkable how well these branches started.

But yeah, generally i will never call the end of HSTs at the Café a good thing. Again, I´m not gonna lie: having started a thread at some point and seeing it grow to the biggest of its kind felt great and special. Now we are all starting over from 0 again, maybe we´ll get the 10,000 full in a few years in here haha
Jan 16, 2018 11:15 PM

Mar 2015
Emilia_Scarlet said:
(Since people seemed to like these, I'll post it to everyone. Tell me if you want future one's or not).

1. What ethnicity was sent to internment camps in the United States during World War 2?
2. The controversial leader of what country has compared himself to Hitler and encourages civilians to murder drug users?
3. What American president is the first one to speak to the president of Taiwan since 1970?
6. By using a non-rotating black hole to convert the mass of cats to energy, how many cats would you need to power Norway for a year?

oh! Quizzes, that´s cool ^^
I go to a pub quiz every week so i definitely enjoy quizzing :)

1. Asians and particularly Japanese-Americans were sent to internment camps as they were collectively under suspicion of spying as far as i know.

2. That´s most definitely Rodrigo Duterte, president of the Philippines. Compared to him, Donald Trump is the nicest, most soft-spoken shy little sweetheart in the world hahaha

3. woah...might be Carter but not sure at all.

4. Christian/Catholic

5. i have no idea, maybe heart attacks?

6. I usually know my stuff when it comes to physics, but WHAT!? lol
Jan 16, 2018 11:20 PM

Mar 2015
vinroy11 said:
How is Un-Go so far?

kinda weird. On the surface this anime is a pure crime solving mystery and it has a pretty creative twist to it with the detectives victims kinda getting away all the time because rules and insane politics in a post-war Japan...

While i enjoy the mystery/solving of the cases, the characters and especially Inga are shrouded in darkness and there is no explanation at all at any point why (s)he started to follow the main protagonist around. I find that quite annoying since i generally hate it when illogical aspects of a series which are present right from episode 1 never get a proper explanation.

The art isn´t the greatest either and most characters are not really likeable. It is a pretty average series but since it does THE main thing well (telling interesting murder crime stories) it probably gets away with a decent rating.
Jan 16, 2018 11:31 PM

Mar 2015
Felix-san said:
Ronald and Rivaldo Said this phrases a few days ago
Rivaldo: ''if I were playing today probably
I win the best of the world 2 or 3 times, because, there is no one to compete against CR7 and Messi.''
Ronaldo: ''In my time playing was much more hard to be the best of the world Compared today''
Do agree?
personally, I disagree because when Rivaldo was the best of the world he won La liga and Barcelona was eliminated in the FIRST STAGE of champions league. The numbers were 29 goals in 49 games on La Liga. Imagine today Someone to be the best of the world with those number and with one La liga? It's unbelievable.
About Ronaldo...CR7 and Messi have the double of his goals. How many years do we see CR7 and Messi scored at least 40 or 50 per season? The best year of Ronald he scored 42 or 43 goals and never won a champions league.

hmmm football is a team sport and i generally don´t think it is possible to crown a clear best player in the world in a team sport. Measuring it by titles won or goals scored hardly makes any sense as the rest of the team plays such a massive part in that. Personally, i´m not even convinced CR7 or Messi are the Top 2 in the world. I do not think their respective teams would be significantly worse without them.

So you can only measure it by pure skill on the ball and execution of their own job on the field and there are more than just those two doing such an outstanding job. They are only getting talked about as frontrunners all the time because they play at Barca or Real, the two most "relevant" clubs on the planet. My opinion is for example that last year, Diego Costa at Chelsea was the best player in the world or maybe Alexis Sanchez at Arsenal.

Ronaldo was for sure a better player than Rivaldo by far. However if i had to chose by pure dominance in their respective era they played in, i still think Romario was the best of them all since i follow football. This is measured by his own teammates and countrymen.

As for Messi, there were players who could keep up with him in terms of ball skills and execution, for example Ronaldinho in his prime.
And CR7 has definitely not set new standards in his field of play.

Football is and always will be a team sport so i prefer to focus on whole teams. No Manchester City player has ever been in this discussion. Still, ManCity is currently the greatest team on earth and that´s all that matters in the end. I don´t really care who is the best individual within the team. They just work the best as a group.

(i´m sorry if this kinda doesn´t directly answer your question or feels unsatisfying haha)
Jan 17, 2018 8:27 AM

Apr 2014
What do you think of Seth Rollins busting out the curb stomp again?
DemonarionJan 17, 2018 8:34 AM

Jan 17, 2018 8:56 AM

Apr 2014
PhKay said:
Emilia_Scarlet said:

oh! Quizzes, that´s cool ^^
I go to a pub quiz every week so i definitely enjoy quizzing :)

1. Asians and particularly Japanese-Americans were sent to internment camps as they were collectively under suspicion of spying as far as i know.

2. That´s most definitely Rodrigo Duterte, president of the Philippines. Compared to him, Donald Trump is the nicest, most soft-spoken shy little sweetheart in the world hahaha

3. woah...might be Carter but not sure at all.

4. Christian/Catholic

5. i have no idea, maybe heart attacks?

6. I usually know my stuff when it comes to physics, but WHAT!? lol

No validation, no applause
You don't have prove you got it when you know it's yours

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSSKDIcpdSE
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (18) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Anime Roulette #87

xCrazee - Apr 7

27 by xCrazee »»
Today, 1:57 AM

Sticky: » Intermittent Roulette — Anime Edition ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Mikochondria - Apr 28, 2018

850 by trojangirl12 »»
Apr 16, 5:30 PM

Sticky: » Manga Roulette #81

Demonarion - Mar 16

14 by jimanator »»
Apr 16, 12:46 PM

Sticky: » 🍃 SPECIAL EVENT 🍃 : SPRING MANGA ROULETTE

TitanInsane - Apr 14

2 by TitanInsane »»
Apr 14, 9:19 PM

Sticky: » Anime Roulette #86 [Re-sharing as it's now an AWCc Collab | Sign-Ups Till 2/23] ( 1 2 3 )

xCrazee - Feb 8

101 by HimeCrycho »»
Apr 14, 5:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.