2 out of 5: Disliked it
0.0%
1 out of 5: Hated it
0.0%
Average 4.6
7 votes
Dec 30, 2017 8:35 PM

Apr 2016
This was a pleasant read, wonderful job Scarlet Beriko! :)

I like the depth for Tetsuya's character. It's interesting to see that what happened between Tetsuya and his ex-wife seemed to happen again, in his current relationship with Oumi... >< I like that Oumi and Tetsuya chose to talk with each other, and Tetsuya was ultimately honest about his desires! :) Although it's great to take care of your loved ones, it's also important to be honest about what you want. I haven't thought of how taking care of your loved ones, without being vocal about yourself, could make them feel useless, or not have self-confidence... :/

It was nice to see Oumi have confidence in the end! I think that's the confidence that led his sister to recognize that he's now okay on his own. :)

Although I certainly felt Oumi's attraction for Tetsuya, I wasn't entirely sure about Tetsuya's feelings initially... I'm also not sure how Tetsuya helped Oumi, when the latter ran back to work and revealed his admiration for his senpai. I don't really understand how Tetsuya helped Oumi in that way, but I'm guessing it was Tetsuya's gentleness and patience that made Oumi feel reassured and safe.

That part when the neighbour came, and Tetsuya said Oumi's 'girlfriend' loves him very much... OMG, that was just too cute! xD To me, it seemed quite fast to date after a month since their first meeting, but I guess Oumi and Tetsuya felt a mutual attraction for each other, so it wasn't a necessity for them to know each other extremely well. :x

The extras were wonderful! I love it when authors draw comics of their drama CD recording sessions! Tarusuke Shingaki was brilliant as Tetsuya! :) + I already love Shingaki as Yashiro from Twittering Birds Never Fly, and Louis from A Sleeping Man and a Loving Man! <33 Overall, it was great to see that Beriko enjoyed listening to the voice actors and attending the recording sessions. ^^

If we ever get a oneshot of Tetsuya's days as a bartender, I'd be happy to read it! X) I'm trying to picture the fight he had with that drunk customer at the gay bar, who gave him the scar on his face...

Tetsuya revealed he's 37, and his relationship with his ex-wife ended 15 years ago... Wow, he was only 22! :O How old was he when they got married? And Tetsuya guessed Oumi is 23 or 24, so they're probably 13 or 14 years apart. I love it when, despite the age gap, a couple works out beautifully together. It just shows that age isn't always a major factor. ^^
Aug 29, 2019 2:45 AM

Apr 2017
So heartwarming! I've only read Jackass from Scarlet Beriko but I really enjoy the way she writes characters and relationships and will definitely read more of her works.

Oumi's cocky and impatient attitude in the beginning put me off a bit, but he was cute when he was acting all shy and tsundere (even though I don't normally like the type), and finally when he showed more maturity after dating Tetsuya for awhile. It really showed how much good his relationship with Tetsuya did to his self confidence.

Tetsuya himself was a nice change of pace from the usual older uke/younger seme pairings I've seen in manga, which tend to give the uke a tragic reason for why they're closed off from the world and make him resist opening up emotionally until the end. Here, it's just them falling in love with each other and pursuing it together.

And I also like how things were resolved with Oumi's sister; she wasn't a bad person, she just cared about her brother and wanted the best for him. I'm glad that in the end she understood that he needs to make his own decisions in life and she can still be close to him without having to play the role of "dependable older sister".

All in all, it was a great read - as a yaoi, as a romance story, as an age gap story etc. Greatness all around!
Jan 28, 2020 9:04 PM

Jul 2012
I thought it was decent. Kind of forgettable overall though.

Was a surprise to see the seme/uke choices here lol. I thought they would switch at least once...
May 14, 2021 7:26 PM
Mar 2012
Wow, I really liked this story 100/10!
In fact, liked it so much that it’s the first time I’ve felt compelled to write in a discussion page hahah

I tend to be very skeptical about age gap relationships portrayed in yaoi because the majority of cases are just full of red flags and makes me wish for all of the characters to go to therapy…
But this one was just perfectly done in that aspect! The age difference wasn’t something commented on or had too much focus on the plot (actually it barely had any, which I think contributed to the nice flow of the relationship just like it would in reality).

Also, I adored how the characters were made.
Even though the story felt a bit rushed in the beginning, considering it was a single volume work and the extremely agitated and anxious personality of Oumi, looking back the speed of the events makes sense.

As a very emotional and anxious person myself, I loved seeing Oumi freak out and explode through so many emotions throughout the story, even more so when he was with Tetsuya, who made him feel things more abruptly.
He was such a relatable character after the first chapter of “tsundere” behavior hahah. I loved him 🧡.

All in all, this was one of the best works I’ve read in a long time, regarding m|m. It had communication, relatively complex characters, a healthy relationship, not to mention refreshing details like how natural the romance scenes happened and how the pairing was configured.

Besides the plot itself, the artwork is to die for! Jesussss, I wish I could live in Tetsuya’s house.
Not only the characters were pretty, but the scenarios were amazing and the range of expressions of everyone was varied and very carefully thought out.

Yea… guess I praised it enough haha
If I could ask for more, it’d be to have tons of chapters and be like one of those slice-of-life romances, I’d read about these two for days ~
_meowieMay 14, 2021 7:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.