Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Hozuki's Coolheadedness
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 30, 2017 8:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Not bad, it did feel like every other episode but the story still managed to maintain its colorful style.

Although I've seen a lot of it already, the talking animals never ceases to amuse me in this show. The colorful outfits were ridiculous to fun to watch. Getting drunk also added some more amusing moments.

7/10.
Dec 30, 2017 9:39 AM

May 2009
i just saw that S2 will return in april - so is this split cour?
i'm happy we'll be getting more hoozuki!
deimoscodeDec 30, 2017 9:43 AM
Dec 30, 2017 10:52 AM

Nov 2009
So many facets of Hoozuki this time: sadistic Hoozuki, snapping Hoozuki, fed-up Hoozuki, drunk Hoozuki.. speaking of, drinking is all across the board huh...

7/10 for this season overall; to me, it was noticeably weaker than the first season, like only about 1/4 of the season was really good, but I'm still glad we'll be getting another cour of this.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Dec 30, 2017 11:48 AM
Apr 2012
Pretty fun season, Hoozuki is always great and the Zashiki Warashi twins were fun as well. Felt like this season was more about the various kings that do the judging and tying in various stories into the setting than in progressing current events. Which is fine.
Great that in april we're getting another season.

Honestly I need to rewatch the first season since I haven't watched it since it initially aired, but I feel like I enjoyed this season more. Partially because Hakutaku just annoys me since he's a one note joke, and I feel he was around a lot more in season 1.

Do kind of wish there'd be a romantic foil for Hoozuki though. Would be hilarious for everyone to get their hopes up thinking he's going to relax finally, and instead the two mesh perfectly and make everyones lives hell.
Dec 30, 2017 12:53 PM

Jul 2015
Alright final episode to end the season, tbh I liked this sequel quite a lot less than the first, not sure if just for the focus on characters I like less or as victim of the stacked as fuck Saturdays, shame.

5.5/10 from my part, I will still watch the next season, I hope I like it more than this one.
Dec 30, 2017 1:25 PM

Jan 2017
Awwwwww i' so sad it's over...for now!!

I feel like this was a pretty good series, with some really high comedy points in it. I'm loving my girls too much and i really enjoy the new character additions overall. Also, one of the things i love the most about Hoozuki is, even having a heavy comedy tone, it is so informative and interesting. It's like, you get to know so much about japanese culture and folclore while laughing, so this is always really refreshing.

I absolutely enjoyed this new year themed episode! I can't wait for the second cour!!!

Total love for this 7/10!

SEIZON SENRYAKU: Hungry 100% of the time.
Vzla-IT

Dec 30, 2017 3:25 PM

Nov 2011
I'm thinking to myself "Man that pretty lady is barely getting any story or time in this episode, why even bring her into the series at all at this point" BAM Part 2 in April!!!! Hyped for more Hozuki!

Part had me crying! LOL
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Dec 30, 2017 6:50 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Wow who would've thought! More Hoozuki is always nice ^^ Really liked the bounenkai, so fitting watching it on New Year's Eve~

Hakutaku's "cat" though. It's creepy cute, except same reaction as Momotarou when it said "wan". Guess it's not really a cat...
Dec 30, 2017 8:29 PM

Jan 2015
Phew, I can't even determine who had the most tiresome moment at time in this episode. Hoozuki or Momotaro?
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Dec 31, 2017 4:29 AM

Feb 2013
That zashiki warashi dance was the best part of this episode.
Dec 31, 2017 4:57 AM
Dec 2010
So much good stuff in this good episode, but all I can think about now is a Gaki no Tsukai special with this cast.

"Enma Daiou - Thai Kick!"
Dec 31, 2017 11:40 AM

Mar 2017
really sad that this was over but then the ending got me ♥

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Dec 31, 2017 11:45 AM

May 2009
Good way to end the season, IMO. The twins were adorable as fuck, though I cringed when they did the goldfish plant cry at the end.

And it seems like Houzuki doesn't know the meaning of the word 'gentle'. Even when he's drunk off his rocker, he's as stern and threatening as ever, maybe even more so.

The pinky swear bit had me doubled over, especially when Houzuki added the creepy old rhyme to it. Enma may be the Great King of Hell, but it's Houzuki who is really calling the shots.

Though I thought these 13 episodes weren't as funny as the ones from S1, I still loved it from start to finish. I liked how they added far more depth to the various characters, and introduced many more. Shows like these make learning Japanese folklore fun.

Also, the brought back the first season's OP as ED to close off the first half of S2. That was a nice touch, though I kinda missed the new (and IMO, superior) OP.

Looking forward to the next cour.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 31, 2017 2:29 PM
Jul 2017
YAY second cour confirmed! I liked this season more than S1, but maybe it just grew on me more.

This ep was fun to see Hoozuki NOT being reitetsu.
...but then again, I unironically like Warau Salesman.
Jan 1, 2018 1:10 AM
Jul 2014
For me i could have an entire season of Adventures of Zashiki Warashi and Shiro, the joy when i saw that another season was already confirmed >D
Jan 2, 2018 4:31 AM

Oct 2012
I like how Hoozuki or the entire anime saying "I don't work it's holiday time... Japanese people".. subtly.. or not xD

Good night! Sleep well Hoozuki and others! We'll meet again 4 months from now on

More Hoozuki! Yayy! xD
"Signature removed"
Jan 7, 2018 6:20 PM

Sep 2011
This season was not as good as the first one in my opinion. The first season felt significantly more focused and every episode felt meaningful and sharp. This season felt a bit more scattered as if they weren't quite sure what they wanted to tell. It's almost as if there were too many characters introduced and as a result the supporting cast this time around felt much weaker.

I still love the series and eagerly await for the next cour/season.
Jan 8, 2018 4:45 PM

Oct 2015
That Hozuki sure is scary when he's drunk, they way he abused Enma although not too much but still. This episode was good and strange when Hozuki watered those fishes with alcohol in the end. Overall one of my personal favorite anime this fall. I guess I will watch the second four of this one.

So its an 8/10 from me.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jan 9, 2018 5:44 PM
Jul 2018
Those Zashiki-Warashi sure are cute.
Jan 25, 2018 8:56 PM

Dec 2008
The dancing cats were fucking hilarious! I replayed that part about 10 times.
Apr 15, 2018 5:20 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Nice last episode to closed this autumn season, with an end of the year party!!!
Hoozuki loves this flowers-fish!!!! kekeke
Oct 24, 2021 6:54 PM

Jan 2021
Hoozuki, a workaholic, getting angry over Japanese people working themselves to death was hilarious. Also, poor Enma. He can never seem to get a break from his coolheaded subordinate.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hoozuki no Reitetsu 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2017

42 by Indianotakugirl »»
Sep 20, 2022 11:45 PM

Poll: » Hoozuki no Reitetsu 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2017

13 by CalmTeaTime »»
Oct 24, 2021 6:54 PM

Poll: » Hoozuki no Reitetsu 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2017

13 by CalmTeaTime »»
Oct 24, 2021 6:53 PM

Poll: » Hoozuki no Reitetsu 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2017

13 by CalmTeaTime »»
Oct 24, 2021 6:52 PM

Poll: » Hoozuki no Reitetsu 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2017

14 by CalmTeaTime »»
Oct 24, 2021 6:51 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.