Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Aug 10, 2022 6:07 PM
Apr 2022
Enjoyed the series overall.
Watched the show after Season 2 of Superstar, now have caught up with all four.
Opinion is from a fresh set of eyes, unbiased from previous experiences, but attached to Liella...so thats my bias. Felt Season 1 of SS was great, and also reflected with its score. So there's that.

Can see why overall Aquors is the overall better loved team by the community.....sorry mooses. Suck it.

Better team cohesion. Less intra team conflicts. Less personality conflicts. Mirrored in real life with Muse disbanding, but Aquors still going strong. Argue all you want about the age differences LOL.
Sentimentality feels drawn out.....long goodbyes seem to be par for the first 2 series.....glad they toned it down for Niji, but there wasnt any high stakes there. Cheap trick to get their communities hooked. And it worked.

You can see the improvement in writing, especially the artwork ESP the backgrounds, character designs, choreo, CGI also gets better, less apparent in Leilla, but some awkward moments remain. Reading the reviews, glad alot of people noticed this too, across the series!

4/4: the student president has to be an idol too? Coooooome on now!!

What's jarring is the time skip after the major competitions, next cut is the next day, and they won/lost.

Wish we would get to see some tension build up and celebration of the moment....like how KyoAni's Sound Euphonium did theirs....this may be too challenging maybe for the Seiyuus? We watched the teams grow and overcome obstacles, felt the highs and lows of their stories, then all of that leads to the climax....they performs!......and then cut, they win. This felt very jarring. Is it wrong to not be able to celebrate with them? Its like this series was designed ultimately for the long tail, ie bingewatch. Viewers like me trickling in, and then clicking the next episode to see whats next. Lets hope we see improvement after KyoAni shows them how to do a proper music competition anime with Sound Euphonium S3, but that means its waiting again for the next LL team after the next one. Sigh.

Concern for Leilla is that this team of lovely dorks havent had their '0' moment like Muse in their empty auditorium (that was painfully good!), and Aquors getting their 0.....havent seen this yet for Leilla. Similarly, no high stakes for them, only the hurdles of SunnyPa and Wien. 2nd place in prelim finals doesnt count ffs, after all being the first loser here is still an outstanding achievement.

Oh, and I agree Langzhu is definitely OP.
Aug 25, 2022 8:33 PM
Aug 2022
i cried, didnt want to leave them
Dec 19, 2022 3:40 PM

Jun 2016
After 5 years i finally finished it

Apr 14, 2023 5:38 PM

Oct 2016
I'm not crying, YOU are! šŸ˜­
May 18, 2023 8:57 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
A bittersweet finale, but I really loved it. I found it really relatable too, because I was actually the final class to graduate from my old school just like Dia, Mari and Kanan here. The final months consisted of painting the windows (I was in art class), we wrote our senior quotes on the wall, and they even had a night where they let folks that had long since graduated come to the school and write messages on the walls, my parents included. And now that school is no longer there, reduced to rubble, a new school is there now, and that’s life lol, so I really felt what these girls were feeling here, this was very damn emotional.

And that final song the girls did together was really nice, a great final song for the anime (since there‘s a movie after this), and I’m ngl that whole final scene where Chika returned to the school and everyone was there felt like a fever dream, I know they said it wasn’t a dream but idk, it kinda gave me the vibes of the ending of Titanic, like this is just what’s Chika is seeing but in reality they’re all gone. I know that’s a sadder way to look at it so let’s just say it really happened and the 3rd years and everyone came back for one last song, that’s way nicer lol.

And that was Season 2 of Love Live Sunshine, I think I prefer Season 1 overall but this was still a great sequel, really enjoyed it. They definitely cranked the memes and jokes up in this one, especially Riko’s rhombus mouth and Dia’s “bu buu desu wa” lol, but I liked that they did that for the most part, and interesting enough I think they actually nerfed Hanamaru because I don’t think she maid near as many “mirai zura” jokes, a shame because I loved those lol, but there was still plenty of zura to go around. And lastly, I want to say I truly loved Chika as the MC, she got hate early on but won me over instantly and kept on doing it, she had her cheesy moments but man that’s one of the reasons I love her lol. But with that, I think I’ll move onto the movie and finally close the book on Sunshine until the new Yoshiko show comes out, it was super fun and definitely a great Love Live series.
TheColonel76May 18, 2023 9:09 PM
May 28, 2023 1:25 AM
Jul 2020
Great finale. Actually teared up just a bit the moment op 1 started playing. A little below 8/10 for s2, and personally prefer s1, but s2 was good just that there were episodes where the drama doesn't connect. Glad the last 2 episodes were somewhat able to justify my rating
laaalaMay 28, 2023 1:29 AM
Jun 27, 2023 4:15 AM
May 2023
WAAAA WADASJEFGAWSJHGASGDHBX BMVDCVB MXDBVBE DGBSCIKBGVFZFC X
Dec 30, 2023 10:27 PM
Dec 2018
obra maestra y god
Apr 21, 11:26 PM
Oct 2022
Love Live Sunshine had a surprisingly enjoyable last quarter for a show I would still consider one of the worst anime I’ve ever seen. More than anything, having seen the potential for the series only in its last, 6 episodes, only feeling somewhat interested to watch more of it in the last 3, I am so deeply disappointed to have seen ample dose of what I really wanted this generation of Love Live to be. Unique dynamics like Riko and Yohane’s friendship, unique stories that have never been tackled in Love Live like Ruby and Dia’s sibling relationship, and unique character traits like Chika’s surprisingly angry and sad feelings that she pushes down through a stereotypically cheery demeanor- these are the strengths I wanted to see throughout all of sunshine and anticipated so greatly when I started watching this love live Gen. This last quarter almost fooled me into thinking the entire show had been so competent the whole time.
However, feeling nothing for Ura High and realizing it’s because we hardly spent any time there; feeling the group as a whole still lacks closeness because of how many times the show repeatedly depicts characters only hanging out among their own school grade (I swear, the 3rd years had almost no connection to any of the 2nd or 1st years outside of Dia and Ruby being sisters); feeling the constant HEAVY asks for suspension of disbelief (in the sibling arc Ruby and the younger Saint Snow member make a song for Dia and Sara, but then Dia and Sara perform in the song for them??? In the Mari chases shooting stars episode, the car flies??? And then they do normal love live decisions like changing the weather by shouting at it, but now it’s compounded upon the car flying scene?? And in this finale, the 3rd years all take trips to their future endeavors but then suddenly teleport back to the school for a final performance that was completely undiscussed and Chika had a paper airplane cross the seas to take her to it?? And all of the entire school was there??? I can seriously list 2 or 3 times suspension of disbelief is asked a lot of per episode, but you get the point.)… with so many core ingredients of the show being so rotten, boring, or half-effort, I can’t even rate this show a 4/10.
Love Live Sunshine, to my massive disappointment, ESPECIALLY near the end where it was becoming more enjoyable and the characters were becoming more likable, was a very bad show. I would have said half way through season 2 that it was the worst anime I’ve ever seen. Now, I’ll just say it was probably in my bottom 10 or so- it was just bad in the most disappointing way.
I’m nervous for this movie; regardless, I look forward to the end of aquors with a heavy heart that dreams of what this could have been, and I anticipate watching Love Live Gen 3 after with hopes that it’s much better.
Apr 21, 11:34 PM
Oct 2022
Reply to ezaya
Nico > Aqours / LLS
@ezaya
I don’t think truer words have ever been shared in Love Live review forums… thank you for sharing your wisdom.
Pages (3) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2017

68 by JoJoLaRow »»
Apr 16, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2017

58 by JoJoLaRow »»
Mar 21, 12:46 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2017

82 by JoJoLaRow »»
Mar 19, 3:10 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2017

92 by JoJoLaRow »»
Mar 18, 11:23 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2017

115 by JoJoLaRow »»
Mar 17, 10:46 PM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.