Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Feb 27, 2018 6:59 AM

Oct 2015
Just wow.
Whoever wrote the storyboards for the show must've been hard at work to cram all that crap in there, hats off.

After the first season of Sunshine barely pulled through, I had my faint hopes this one would deliver. How wrong I was.
Apr 7, 2018 8:21 AM

Jan 2013
felt more like revenge of the sith or the empire strikes back. the entirety of this season but especially the final episode left a really bitter aftertaste in my mouth. also aqours>μ despite the depressing conclusion.
Apr 14, 2018 2:25 AM
Oct 2016
Godot325 said:
The first half of the episode was great. The 1st years tearfully closing the library together. Kanan and Dia handing the certificate to Mari to thank her for all her efforts. Aqours closing the rusty gates of the school together. All of this was handled well.

And theeeeeen the weirdness happened. Chika throws a magical paper airplane that travels for miles to land perfectly on the school rooftop. The entire student body shows up in the gym, even though no one knew Chika would end up here. Aqours was there too, including the 3rd years who already left. They were all prepared with another live, even though no one should have been there in the first place. What the hell was that?

They could have ended this episode, this series, any other way. End with them closing the gates to the school and performing a last live as a final sendoff? Or a hint as to what the movie might be maybe? But nope. We get a contrived ending that makes no sense and ruins the drama of the first part of the episode.

This movie better reveal all of this to be part of a giant plot twist, all delusions in Chika's head (including that weird bus sequence in episode 9), or I will be severely disappointed.

Knowing Love Live, I bet they are never going to solve that bus mystery lol
May 20, 2018 12:15 PM

Apr 2009
Nico > Aqours / LLS
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 13, 2018 12:44 PM

Nov 2014
I finally finished it. 2nd season was way too slow. I just couldn't force myself to watch it. Imo the weakest LL anime. Nonetheless I'm interested in the movie.

Shiitake being a female was the best plot twist lol
Jan 19, 2019 3:30 PM

Oct 2015
I'm glad they won the Love Live competition, but too bad they didn't save the school.

I kept praying that they didn't do an ass-pull and say the school has decided not to be closed, because it would be farfetched. But I still don't get why Chika had to say goodbye to the school one last time, when she already said her goodbyes with her friends. Was it to make us think the school has been saved, if it was then that was petty! They should've done the last performance when they were saying those goodbyes together as it was emotional and fitting. It just took away the sentimental when she was the one who had to reminisce.

Overall it was a great last performance and the series was good. Them not saving the school made the series real and not some stupid fairy tale bull where everything has a happy ending. Sometimes you win some and sometimes you lose some in life. I wish sometimes these Love Live finales could be properly done, like get us through the action of the final competition. Like how did other competitors pen out, and the intensity the strain of the performance of our main cast had to go through before winning the finals. They shouldn't just say they've won, because it took away the passion of the story and shows how much the writers are lazy. I get they have to do 13 episodes and can't fit that there, but they should've snipped off some stories as some were unnecessary, like the Yoshiko story where she founded a lost dog.

Anyways until then it will get 7 and not beyond that.

How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jan 31, 2019 8:38 PM

Jun 2015
for how big love live meant to them, surprised there wasn't a proper win announcement at the event. i like that they won at love live, but they still ended up losing the school. makes a hard truth. if this were the original love live, there would've been some way the directors would squish in to save the school. i think the plot of aquors is better, but i still prefer µ's.
but since im a love live fangirl of many years this is getting a good rating lol, im a sucker
Feb 13, 2019 1:02 PM

Sep 2013
I love Love Live, all there is to say.
Feb 13, 2019 1:05 PM

Nov 2016
saengdao said:
for how big love live meant to them, surprised there wasn't a proper win announcement at the event. i like that they won at love live, but they still ended up losing the school. makes a hard truth. if this were the original love live, there would've been some way the directors would squish in to save the school. i think the plot of aquors is better, but i still prefer µ's.
but since im a love live fangirl of many years this is getting a good rating lol, im a sucker

The way this show does the "Nothing can be the Original" Thing makes me think this was done as a basic deconstruction of the Formula Used by the first 2 seasons. If you do something fantasizing being just like someoone else you won't succeed. Thats the Harsh Trush.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 7, 2019 3:46 AM

Feb 2008
Well, that was some hardcore melodrama all season long.
Nov 17, 2019 8:29 PM
Apr 2018
It was a nice touch that the final performance was a bit of all the previous ones; although seeing the 3rd graders being back was kinda whack, but it gets a pass because an ending without them wouldn't have made sense.

Well, this season was good but got a bit boring by the Ruby and Leah arc. Not sure why, I just felt that way. Sunshine as a whole didn't have any songs that stuck with me neither, leaving the OP's and ED's aside. All the characters were likable I think (except maybe Ruby and Chika), my favourite was Yoshiko because she made everything funnier. I also liked You because she had the most energetic vibe.

I'll go for the movie now. There is no sad feeling after finishing Sunshine but it was still enjoyable. 6/10.
Dec 27, 2019 10:42 AM

Apr 2013
I just watched both seasons one after another. I definitely enjoyed this series, although I agree with the user above me, that this season got kinda boring after episode 7. Like basically they concluded the story there: aka the school will be closed and Aquors should win Love Live to make the schools name go down in history. They could have at least made the winning Love Live part more tense and dramatic, like idk maybe have the girls tied with another group and then only winning by a close margin in a re-vote. I still enjoyed the second half of the season, and the plot twist with Saint Snow was interesting, but other than that it lacked the tense moments (which were handled well in this series imo) that the first season and first half of the second season had.

The scene where they closed the school gate was really nice tho :)
Jun 10, 2020 5:18 AM

May 2016
The graduation ceremony itself and the events leading up to it in this episode didn't make me feel sad and it actually made me feel very happy for them for achieving so much in life (like winning Love Live) and making so many precious memories instead. The first season's opening being used here put a smile on my face as well.

On the other hand, the official closing ceremony where they all come to terms with Uranohoshi High's end finally being here and everything that came after made me tear up so much... That scene where they all couldn't hold in their feelings of sorrow while closing the school's gates and the one Chika hearing the voices of all her friends having fun in the now-empty rooms made me cry the most.

It was a big surprise to see that everyone felt the same and decided to give their school a cheerful farewell for one last time. Wonderful Stories' music sequence that showed a part of every performance they did was a really great way to cap off this season that I enjoyed so much. This franchise and my emotional investment in it continues to amaze me with how well it pulls on my heartstrings kek

Sep 16, 2020 10:42 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
The real surprised for me: Shiitake was a girl too, and she had a twin puppies!

Thats it for me. I am not gonna put some long-ass comment for these one. And my scores just already done at my previous comment. So, for me, in general, this is just as great as the other one. No comparation, no complain, no bad thing. Its just, your normal idol show, for your own good, for your own desires, over their own original themes of concept: A love live project!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 20, 2021 5:51 AM

Feb 2020
Sweet and emotional episode

Overall, the original Love Live is definitely better. I didn't feel the same connection with the characters in Sunshine and the story was also a little weak.

The interaction between Ruby and Leah was probably the thing I enjoyed the most in this season. I really liked those two characters.

SerafosNov 18, 2023 10:03 PM
Oct 11, 2021 8:37 PM
Apr 2021
another love live that broke my psyche ;-;
Dec 4, 2021 1:10 PM

Nov 2017
I guess the real shine was the friends we made along the way. :'-)

Congrats to the third years' graduation! You deserve it! Watching the members close the doors to the rooms at the school, and just reminiscing was a pretty touching scene. Golly, Hanamaru's voice when she told Yoshiko to close the door with her and Ruby was heart cracking.

Hearing 青空Jumping Heart is always welcomed!~ It's pretty interesting because that's the song for the 1st season, but in this episode we get to see Aqours at their best, their strongest, their brightest! The girls have come a long way!

All this comes to a point though when everyone closes the gates to the school together. Despite doing their best, they couldn't save the school. That's why they have to be the ones to close the school's door and put Uranohoshi's name in the history books.

Seeing them cry as they do though just had a fella like

The paper airplane decides to make its return! Chika chases it to the school. There, Chika is the one remembering all the friends and memories she made along the way. She finds the plane on the roof, and despite saying she wouldn't cry, she couldn't hold it in any more and balls.

But it's not all sadness and sorrow! Chika runs to the gym and she finds all the students waiting for her. Not only that, but as the curtains rise, she finds the rest of the Aquors members wanting to do one last song with her!

&++ what a song it was. I guess they really did save the best for last!~ Whoever thought it was a good idea to run through all their various costumes from the series as they performed the song, you're rad fer sure!

To end it all, the curtains close and it looks like Aquors journey has come to an end (until the movie was released).

Golly, this was a great way to end S2 and I'm glad I got to re-watch this
Mar 26, 2022 12:36 PM

Jun 2017
The drama in the first love live wasn't all that great but I liked many songs especially start dash and snow halation. This iteration had some decent songs but none were instant hits like those. The drama is the same predictable safe stuff for the most part. At least the storywriters had the balls to actually close the school, I didn't expect that.
Kanan didn't have any episode dedicated to her. So we didn't get to really know her and she felt like a background character. I personally didn't care about You and Hanamaru. They were just overusing their character 'tics'. They needed a stronger individual identity. Yohane was great in the episode she was introduced but somehow her dialogues got very repetitive and tiring very fast. I think I liked the first LL better.
Jun 8, 2022 1:20 PM

Feb 2008
I came into the Love Live franchise only by watching videos of their seiyuus on youtube. Of course I had to deep myself in the anime show. I started with the Superstar seiyuus, but moved to Aqours videos and then I couldn't stop watching them. I can't stop watching their videos everyday now.

First thing I noticed when starting the show was the obvious comparison with the first generation. The comments kind of annoyed me but whatever, I am too old to fight on the internet. Both seasons were good and touching. Of course that this is coming from someone who didn't watch first generation LL. Maybe my opinion would change a lot.

Nonetheless, I love Aqours seiyuus and I can't wait to watch the movie. Or maybe I will cry watching it. Enjoyed both seasons, most of their songs are absolute bangers.

7/10
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum. They should really do their whining at manga forums."

Stolen from Janethan23. Add in visual novel readers too
Jun 27, 2022 11:53 AM

Sep 2021
First half of the season was slightly below average, the second half was slightly above average, so I guess it balances out? Chika remained an irritating and frustrating character to watch throughout the season. At the start of the season, Chika was all "we gonna find our shine and save our school!" then throughout the season she completely forgot about the "finding our individual shine" part, making all her worries and sadness feeling forced since I expected her to say something like "i wanna win Love Live with everyone to bring out everyone's shine!" or something yet it seems she forgot all about that until the last 2 episodes, making her character seem inconsistent(?) with the way one might expect her to confront those worries, problems and sad stuff...

I like the First-years in this season. I felt that their friendship with each other was the most fleshed-out, well-developed and wholesome among the others; the Third-years' friendship would come after that, leaving the Second-years as last place. The interaction among the First-years are really fun and enjoyable.

Regarding this episode, the ending felt way too dragged out. The first half of the episode was nice and all but the last part was just too cringe with how everyone just decides to go to school on that day to wait for Chika just to perform one last time. I mean, what, they couldn't hold a final live before closing the school gates for good? Making it more ridiculous is how it's said the Third-years have already set off from the place yet they somehow just decide to come back to perform one last time? I'm fine with inter-dimensional jumps/hops/runs but this last part was just unnecessary and forced...
yhagniJun 27, 2022 12:14 PM
Aug 10, 2022 6:07 PM
Apr 2022
Enjoyed the series overall.
Watched the show after Season 2 of Superstar, now have caught up with all four.
Opinion is from a fresh set of eyes, unbiased from previous experiences, but attached to Liella...so thats my bias. Felt Season 1 of SS was great, and also reflected with its score. So there's that.

Can see why overall Aquors is the overall better loved team by the community.....sorry mooses. Suck it.

Better team cohesion. Less intra team conflicts. Less personality conflicts. Mirrored in real life with Muse disbanding, but Aquors still going strong. Argue all you want about the age differences LOL.
Sentimentality feels drawn out.....long goodbyes seem to be par for the first 2 series.....glad they toned it down for Niji, but there wasnt any high stakes there. Cheap trick to get their communities hooked. And it worked.

You can see the improvement in writing, especially the artwork ESP the backgrounds, character designs, choreo, CGI also gets better, less apparent in Leilla, but some awkward moments remain. Reading the reviews, glad alot of people noticed this too, across the series!

4/4: the student president has to be an idol too? Coooooome on now!!

What's jarring is the time skip after the major competitions, next cut is the next day, and they won/lost.

Wish we would get to see some tension build up and celebration of the moment....like how KyoAni's Sound Euphonium did theirs....this may be too challenging maybe for the Seiyuus? We watched the teams grow and overcome obstacles, felt the highs and lows of their stories, then all of that leads to the climax....they performs!......and then cut, they win. This felt very jarring. Is it wrong to not be able to celebrate with them? Its like this series was designed ultimately for the long tail, ie bingewatch. Viewers like me trickling in, and then clicking the next episode to see whats next. Lets hope we see improvement after KyoAni shows them how to do a proper music competition anime with Sound Euphonium S3, but that means its waiting again for the next LL team after the next one. Sigh.

Concern for Leilla is that this team of lovely dorks havent had their '0' moment like Muse in their empty auditorium (that was painfully good!), and Aquors getting their 0.....havent seen this yet for Leilla. Similarly, no high stakes for them, only the hurdles of SunnyPa and Wien. 2nd place in prelim finals doesnt count ffs, after all being the first loser here is still an outstanding achievement.

Oh, and I agree Langzhu is definitely OP.
Aug 25, 2022 8:33 PM
Aug 2022
i cried, didnt want to leave them
Dec 19, 2022 3:40 PM

Jun 2016
After 5 years i finally finished it

Apr 14, 2023 5:38 PM

Oct 2016
I'm not crying, YOU are! 😭
May 18, 2023 8:57 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
A bittersweet finale, but I really loved it. I found it really relatable too, because I was actually the final class to graduate from my old school just like Dia, Mari and Kanan here. The final months consisted of painting the windows (I was in art class), we wrote our senior quotes on the wall, and they even had a night where they let folks that had long since graduated come to the school and write messages on the walls, my parents included. And now that school is no longer there, reduced to rubble, a new school is there now, and that’s life lol, so I really felt what these girls were feeling here, this was very damn emotional.

And that final song the girls did together was really nice, a great final song for the anime (since there‘s a movie after this), and I’m ngl that whole final scene where Chika returned to the school and everyone was there felt like a fever dream, I know they said it wasn’t a dream but idk, it kinda gave me the vibes of the ending of Titanic, like this is just what’s Chika is seeing but in reality they’re all gone. I know that’s a sadder way to look at it so let’s just say it really happened and the 3rd years and everyone came back for one last song, that’s way nicer lol.

And that was Season 2 of Love Live Sunshine, I think I prefer Season 1 overall but this was still a great sequel, really enjoyed it. They definitely cranked the memes and jokes up in this one, especially Riko’s rhombus mouth and Dia’s “bu buu desu wa” lol, but I liked that they did that for the most part, and interesting enough I think they actually nerfed Hanamaru because I don’t think she maid near as many “mirai zura” jokes, a shame because I loved those lol, but there was still plenty of zura to go around. And lastly, I want to say I truly loved Chika as the MC, she got hate early on but won me over instantly and kept on doing it, she had her cheesy moments but man that’s one of the reasons I love her lol. But with that, I think I’ll move onto the movie and finally close the book on Sunshine until the new Yoshiko show comes out, it was super fun and definitely a great Love Live series.
TheColonel76May 18, 2023 9:09 PM
May 28, 2023 1:25 AM
Jul 2020
Great finale. Actually teared up just a bit the moment op 1 started playing. A little below 8/10 for s2, and personally prefer s1, but s2 was good just that there were episodes where the drama doesn't connect. Glad the last 2 episodes were somewhat able to justify my rating
laaalaMay 28, 2023 1:29 AM
Jun 27, 2023 4:15 AM
May 2023
WAAAA WADASJEFGAWSJHGASGDHBX BMVDCVB MXDBVBE DGBSCIKBGVFZFC X
Dec 30, 2023 10:27 PM
Dec 2018
obra maestra y god
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2017

68 by JoJoLaRow »»
Apr 16, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2017

58 by JoJoLaRow »»
Mar 21, 12:46 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2017

82 by JoJoLaRow »»
Mar 19, 3:10 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2017

92 by JoJoLaRow »»
Mar 18, 11:23 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2017

115 by JoJoLaRow »»
Mar 17, 10:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.