3It was OK
6.3%
2Disliked it
4.7%
1Hated it
2.8%
Average 4.5
319 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 30, 2017 5:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This finale was so colorful :D

All the characters had a happy expression and felt very alive. It's really nice to see the finale celebrate this season with all had it to offer and imo, it felt like a nice send-off episode.

It didn't rely on a big song performance to do it either. Just felt everything came naturally with the characters and their school life. Chika had a nice moment in the latter half of the episode as she reflects the voices of her friends but in empty classrooms. I had fun watching this season overall.
Dec 30, 2017 6:47 AM

Jun 2013
KYAAAA~ Movie confirmed!
Kitan~!
Dec 30, 2017 6:49 AM

Oct 2015
Yeah everyone already expected a movie and that's nice to hear! Sad to see the show end though :( Will rewatch S2 soon since I recently finished rewatching s1 a few days ago.

It's sad to see Sunshine end :( It feels as if it was only yesterday when Aqours started and look at them now. I can already see people completely trashing this season because of its different take on its theme. Chika really is the best girl in this series. Her reminiscing scene was really heartbreaking. I also liked how they ended the series with almost the exact same monologue chika had when she first discovered love live. I fucking loved every minute of sunshine. 10/10
EGOISTDec 30, 2017 9:41 AM
Dec 30, 2017 7:37 AM
Dec 2011
As expected they also performed Aozora Jumping Heart. Looking forward to the movie.

If it's following the same pattern as μ's then we can expect the Sunshine movie coming out in late 2018 or early 2019, and then Aqours Final Love Live will be in late 2019.
Dec 30, 2017 7:43 AM

Dec 2014
What an amazing end ! Even if they shouldn't have put the first opening as they did in LLSIP.

A bit sad for not having Muse references, but it's better no to have them than have poor references.

Now I'm waiting for the movie ! (and rewatching the whole show!)
Dec 30, 2017 8:20 AM

Dec 2014
Beautiful finale, really emotional. The very first scene with the victory flag and Chika throwing the paper plane made me tear up. T.T

Aozora Jumping Heart. <3

Honestly, I'm at a loss for words. I really don't know what to say. Everything felt on point, it was a fantastic way to wrap up everything.

You x Riko ship confirmed, Expecting some good stuff to come out of this ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). XD
The door closing scene was really emotional and I like how it along with the painting messages sort of symbolizes the whole etching Uranahoshi into history.

Chika going back and walking through the school remembering all the time they spent their as Aqours was really bittersweet. This episode was basically made for me to not stop tearing up.
Wonderful Stories was excellent and I like how they used it to montage through all of Aqours' performances.

I feel like if they played Yume Kataru Yori Yume Utaou at the end, I'd have been done for. :3

Overall, It was a beautiful season. I knew coming in that this was gonna be a wonderful ride and I'm glad it lived up to everything I wanted. Charming, cute, emotionally charged, heartwarming and filled with the uplifting zeal that I know and love . This show never failed to put a smile on my face and it always makes me extremely happy and that's one of the greatest things a show can do, I've probably said it already but I just find the cheesy themes of Love Live! from the, finding your radiance to giving it your all to chasing your dreams to never giving up all so damn endearing and inspiring. All in all, Sunshine had everything Love Live! as a franchise represents to me and that is more than I can ever want. I don't think I ever game them praise but huge props to Sunrise, they honestly did a fantastic job with the production, The first season was in itself excellent but this season was better in almost every regard especially with the performances and CG. Job well done Sunrise!
I'm gonna miss the girls and I'm honestly really sad that they chose to end the anime and not continue onto a third season since they totally could have that considering Aqours are still relatively new. I'll just have to make do with LLSIF I guess.

10/10, Thank You for everything Love Live! Sunshine!

MOVIE HYPE!!
Lelouch0202Dec 30, 2017 8:31 AM
Dec 30, 2017 8:23 AM

Nov 2007
They actually ended it a lot more decisively than I thought. The original series ended it with that big sequel hook for the movie so now I'm curious what they will do for the Sunshine movie.

At the end of the day I found this season to be very strong. A few stumbles along the way but as it's starting to become the norm, the 2nd half of a love live anime always kicks things into a new level.

I still refuse to believe that the Sunshine project is ending with the movie though. It feels as if Aqours has not even been around that long for me yet.
Dec 30, 2017 8:52 AM
Jul 2018
Overall, this season sucked. Way less tense than even S1, and way cornier. It was just the girls screwing around.
I will admit that the scene where they kinda teared up from closing the school down slightly hit me in the kokoro. Slightly.

But overall, 5/10. Would've preferred if I hadn't watched it.
Dec 30, 2017 8:58 AM

Jun 2016
That was... beautiful.

Not going to lie- I teared up many times. Love Live might not be my number 1 favorite anime, but it definitely is my number two. I loved everything about this season. The animation was a huge improvement, the music was outstanding (especially Saint Snow), and we got so many fun and emotional character moments. The only compliant I have is that Hanamru's and You's characters were completely forgotten about this season, You was barely anything and Hanamru was used for eating and Yohane gags. But everything else was pretty much perfect.

The last time an anime made me so emotional at the end was Noragami. I will never forget Aqours- they are such a big inspiration for me and always will be remembered for making me so happy while watching this anime. Very excited (but also nervous) for the upcoming movie.

Thank you Love Live. Thank you Aqours. <3

10/10

Help the industry and buy Blu-rays and DVD's.
Noragami is the best anime ever.
Dec 30, 2017 9:08 AM
Apr 2014
This wasnt near as good as the second season of the first ll. But I give them credit for somehow not saving the school through some bs with their singing.
Dec 30, 2017 9:16 AM

Apr 2015
Love Live really is my most favourite series.. during the entire show it never failed to make me cry. All of the character is lovable although their character/personality isn't strong as the original SIP which is really memorable.. but the Drama that you get in this show is really strong.

Personally, my favourite part is when Kanan and Mari reconcile.. the voice acting really is superb! plus their expression truly fits the situation. This is one of the reason i love Anime more than Real Show.

Although μ's didn't make any cameo except only their picture or poster. i really wish the would make it in the series. I can only pray that movie will announce soon and please make them met Aqours.. Let Honoka talk about the letter that Chika sent to her

Now give us the Movie that we all wanted please!
Dec 30, 2017 9:55 AM

Apr 2013
YouRiko shippers around the world have died.

Lelouch0202 said:

You x Riko ship confirmed, Expecting some good stuff to come out of this ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).

Lol. There was such an abundance of YouRiko content before they even really started speaking to each other that you needn't even wait.
Dec 30, 2017 10:04 AM
Mar 2016
Damn, they pulling another trick to form another ship : You x Riko. So, yeah literally every members have their own ship in their mind.

Serious note : This show is really my favorite idol anime ever. I feel empty now because I'm gonna miss them so badly although they still have one movie and maybe an OVA in the future. At least, I still have their niconama to fill my days.
Dec 30, 2017 10:10 AM

Dec 2014
SJ7izm said:
YouRiko shippers around the world have died.

Lelouch0202 said:

You x Riko ship confirmed, Expecting some good stuff to come out of this ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).

Lol. There was such an abundance of YouRiko content before they even really started speaking to each other that you needn't even wait.

Oh I know, there's gonna be even more now. XDD
Dec 30, 2017 10:16 AM

Oct 2010
Honestly, I felt season 1 was too similar to the original Love Live! anime. This season tho...really debating between 8 or a 9/10. It was a really fun ride the entire time and the Ruby+Leah episodes were outright beautiful. I feel like this season just had a lot of heart in it that was missing from the previous one. Animations also seemed better but I might just be tired. Overall, I feel like this anime might've made me love anime again. Can't wait for the movie
Dec 30, 2017 10:17 AM

Mar 2017
there really is 'something' keeping me from experiencing Love Live feels

DAFUQ MAL WHY YOU SHOW ME SPOILERS!??!?!?!? ;-;
red-tomatoDec 30, 2017 12:47 PM
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Dec 30, 2017 10:27 AM

Dec 2017
I had some great times with Love Live! Sunshine S2!! It always made me smile and laugh, (sometimes for the wrong reasons...) and I'm pretty sad it's over. I'm super hyped for the movie, though!!

Also, yay!! Riko got a dog!

Dec 30, 2017 10:37 AM
Aug 2017
I watched every single week. I'm so happy the movie is confirmed. I cried so hard.
Dec 30, 2017 10:53 AM

Dec 2014
I'm really gonna miss this show, Love Live is my favorite franchise so it has always managed to tear me up, even though I'm not that emotional. Really hoping for the movie maybe next year and for their next live concert. I've attended to every live so far so I can't miss the next one!
Dec 30, 2017 11:10 AM

Feb 2008
Haha you were not only one that wanna ship Riko x You in finale episode , I'm glad there will be a movie.

Way to end 2nd season. :P

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Dec 30, 2017 11:29 AM

Jul 2017
I realized that Sunshine is honestly just a direct ripoff of the original. I couldn't enjoy it anymore after noticing that.

Crying doesn't mean you're weak.
Enduring doesn't mean you're strong.
Dec 30, 2017 11:31 AM
Dec 2017
hmmm.. tbh since last week i was expecting a tear jerking ep but nada (i got emotional on maru's and mari's part though)... idk why,,, but i feels something is missing... i don't really feels the connection toward uranoshi and no connection for Aqours as whole... and i'm kinda disappointed with Love Live's final... sure their performance was amazing but it's feels like anticlimax...

Other than that,, i think it was an ok ending... looking foward for the movie since we don't get any spoiler for it... but like what most people said,, i think the movie will confirm about Aqours future (since they doesnt even talk about that even in the ending!)... although i think it's was pretty much confirm that they would be "disband",, but idk...
Dec 30, 2017 11:49 AM

Aug 2007
Very emotional ending, I like it how it ends. A happy/sad ending. And... my prediction was right, Thois will be have a movie.

Dec 30, 2017 11:54 AM

Oct 2012
Not a bad episode, actually very emotional one. Have to say the scene where Dia and Kanan were giving giving diploma to Mari was really touching. But their reunion in the end was kinda stretch and not really needed in such (when we know the movie was already announced), it just destroyed the previous build-up. I would actually liked it better if they kept it bittersweet all the way to the end.

(btw - Shiitake being a girl was real shocker here :D)

As for the series, it started really well, it was bit better than the first one, but they didn't really thought out the lead to the conclusion well and starting with episode eight it get really weak, plagued with random jokes, bad storyarcs or by the fact they didn't take themselves seriously. It kinda backfired in the end as those emotional ties to the characters could have been a lot more intense if there was proper build-up before.

The problem of this series is it's all form over substance, many things were there just for an effect and character barely stepped out of their archetypes (athough they actually tried in first several episodes of S2). Still dunno what to think about the fact that they won Love Live by the way, without any competition or effort... the fact is that in the end whole LL contest was just afterthought and it would be probably a lot better if they used checkov's gun and get rid of it completly (at least for this series). If Aquors actually decided they don't give a fuck about Love Live and went independent just for their school. If some developement actually happened other than 'Let's find our shine'. But I understand they wouldn't be able to market those things so easily so they took easy way out.

6/10
Dec 30, 2017 11:55 AM

Dec 2014
shutale_3981 said:
although i think it's was pretty much confirm that they would be "disband",, but idk...

I think it's too soon to talk about disband, µ's had activities for a bit more than 6 years, as for Aqours, they have roughly 2 years of activities.
Dec 30, 2017 12:28 PM
Dec 2017
Sgonofe said:
shutale_3981 said:
although i think it's was pretty much confirm that they would be "disband",, but idk...

I think it's too soon to talk about disband, µ's had activities for a bit more than 6 years, as for Aqours, they have roughly 2 years of activities.

I said that based on plotwise... there are 2 possible ending for them... 1. Disband or 2. continue without 3 years... logically,, the 1st one has very high chance... even if they continue,, how long they will hold on?? 2-3 years?? But they're taking a big risk to breaking up Aqours fandom apart.. which made me doubt that sunrise will do that... Aqours just doesn't match up the concept unfortunately (not becoming a professional idol too)... if PDP get a anime,, i can see them doing that. considering unlike μ's and aqours,, PDP is not a one-group idol..

As for activities,, its kinda unfair to measure up by years alone... Aqours in 2nd year did as much (if not more) as μ's in 5th year...let's say Overseas fanmeeting,, Live TOUR (technically aqours have the same number of concerts as μ's),, TV performance,, etc... and by disband,, i think its possible by late 2019.. and by then Aqours already have like 4 - 5 years activities.. tbh,, μ's had less than 6 years.. (july 2010 - march 2016)
shutale_3981Dec 30, 2017 12:41 PM
Dec 30, 2017 12:42 PM

Dec 2012
Great & wonderful finale episode.

Congrats Aqours on winning Love Live. Sad to see everyone say goodbye to the school, but they made lots of memories that they will cherish forever.

Riko getting a dog was sweet & Shiitake having puppies was unexpected. Didn't know Shiitake was a girl.

Loved the final performance in the end & nice to see costumes from past episodes show up.

Overall & fun & enjoyable season. I enjoyed the songs & seeing the girls change over the course of two seasons was great. Gonna miss this show.

Nice to see that a film was announced.
8/10.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Dec 30, 2017 12:51 PM

Apr 2012
Absolutely fantastic. Much better than the original series in pretty much every way in my opinion. I'm looking forward to the film. This series, though it started off a bit rocky (aping the original too much) it really came into its own with this season. Characters were developed and while it would have been nice to see Honoka or something in a "passing the torch" moment - in a way I am glad that didn't happen, as this is the story of Aqours, who against all odds, even after failure after failure - succeeded.
I loved it, and I will never forget Aqours.
I'm a little demon, after all.
"The moment 'pride' is lost, 'freedom' is also lost" - Ramza Beoulve, Final Fantasy Tactics

Dec 30, 2017 1:11 PM

Oct 2013
A finale that felt like a conclusion for once. The parts were they closed down the school room by room was a nice touch. This ending seemed pretty final, but I wonder what will be in the movie? Maybe they'll have an after-grad/closing trip?

Since anime franchises never seem to really die, one wonders what direction they will go next. Will these characters just fade away, or will the first and second years continue as idols in the new school? Will Love Live saga part III feature an entirely new school with 9 different girls?
Dec 30, 2017 1:41 PM

Dec 2015
in my opinion is the best final episode of the season, I loved it
Dec 30, 2017 1:48 PM

Sep 2016

looking forward to movie and 3rd entry group.
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Dec 30, 2017 2:32 PM

Mar 2014
Waah booh the lolis were too prudish to check whether the dog had balls or not and ChikaN is apparently schizophrenic now I don't care.

1/10 I can't believe this season actually made me miss Honoka
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Dec 30, 2017 3:24 PM

Nov 2017
VanishingKira said:

Movie announced.

Kougeru said:
Honestly, I felt season 1 was too similar to the original Love Live! anime. This season tho...really debating between 8 or a 9/10. It was a really fun ride the entire time and the Ruby+Leah episodes were outright beautiful. I feel like this season just had a lot of heart in it that was missing from the previous one. Animations also seemed better but I might just be tired. Overall, I feel like this anime might've made me love anime again. Can't wait for the movie

I feel the same way. Honestly, and I know this is kind of far off, but I'm kind of excited (and a bit worried) what they're gonna do if they go the third time around and if they do a copy or learn to do something new. But this season felt like a big improvement and kinda fixed a lot of the mixed reactions I had about Season 1. Movie hype, boys!
peh-soh-nahDec 30, 2017 3:33 PM
(Translator's Note: "nico nico nii" means "SHINY DAYS in My Pocket")

nico nico nii.

Dec 30, 2017 3:36 PM

Jan 2013
So they literally won Love Love against no one lol
Dec 30, 2017 3:49 PM

Jul 2016
Disappointed, why they did this to Love Live..
Dec 30, 2017 4:20 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
>/////////////////////////////////////////<
Dec 30, 2017 4:22 PM

Jan 2013
Unfortunately, I did not enjoy LLS.

There was way, way too much contrived drama and comedy, which made the show feel artificial, hollow, and very painful to sit through. The annoying character quirks/memes being spammed endlessly from Yoshiko, Mari, and Hanamaru in particular didn't help either. The blatant pandering to shippers was irksome as well.

No me gusta.

4/10

Salmon is delicious.
Dec 30, 2017 4:25 PM

Oct 2017
Hot garbage. I'm so disappointed.
[url=https://myanimelist.net/profile/mifti]
[/url]
Dec 30, 2017 4:39 PM

May 2015
I never really enjoyed Sunshine as much as the original Love Live, unfortunately. Not to say it was bad or anything, but it was just never on par with the original.

Will watch the movie, though.

7/10.

Dec 30, 2017 4:59 PM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
Episode 13 felt so unsatisfying... throughout the 24something minutes I thought I had missed something. It felt like a dream. Now I'm not sure if that's done on purpose to make us "feel" what the girls feel, or if it's just bad directing/writing.
I'm both excited and anxious for the movie.
I don't want them to disband (at least not yet)
What can they do now? They've lost the school but won the competition.
I'm anxious for the girls' future.
Dec 30, 2017 5:07 PM

Apr 2016
I have to say, I really, really enjoyed this season! and I wasn't really even expecting to as much as I did. the first season of Sunshine didn't really impress me, because much of it seemed rehashed from the original (and admittedly I probably also just still didn't want to let go of Muse). I didn't hate it but it didn't give me the same warm feeling the original Love Live did.
but to be honest, season 2 really surprised me in a lot of ways. it built on the characters to make each one stand more, it threw in some unexpected plot twists, and in many ways improved on the Love Live formula. it somehow felt a bit more mature than any of the previous seasons. like even though they didn't succeed in their goal to save their school, they still succeeded in winning Love Live, showing that life is made up of successes and failures, and you can't let one failure prevent you from living.
that's just how I saw it at least, or maybe I'm just being too sentimental for my own good LOL
so I'll just end with... Kanan best girl
looking forward to the movie!
Dec 30, 2017 5:18 PM

Oct 2014
anapeach said:
Hot garbage. I'm so disappointed.

I yelled "well that was some hot garbage" after the ep finished lol
Completely agree. Really wish I could like this season but it was so boring, repetitive and lazy. So many frames were poorly done throughout as well which doesn't make sense with how much money this studio has.
Dec 30, 2017 5:52 PM
Jun 2017
Love Live Sunshine was awesome really enjoyed this final episode and finally were also getting a movie i cant wait
Dec 30, 2017 6:15 PM

Jul 2012
I have to watch both series again, but I'm fairly sure Sunshine is the better show in my opinion. This second season I thought to be much better than all three seasons previous to it. I thought the originals second season was a bit lame except for the ending, and the movie wasn't even really needed.

I think the movie should show them in their new school, because I feel like if there wasn't a movie, they would have shown that in some way or another.

Also, I am under the assumption we will see the grown up Honker again. I think that's how much time should have past since the original took place, but may be wrong on that. Would be interesting to see.

10/10 for me. Third best show of the entire year, best show of the season out of everything I watched.
Dec 30, 2017 6:38 PM
Oct 2016
Shiitake's puppies are cute and thats all that matters.
bread is yummy
Dec 30, 2017 6:43 PM

Apr 2011
It was okay, I guess.
Dec 30, 2017 6:54 PM

Aug 2013
maluhia said:
I realized that Sunshine is honestly just a direct ripoff of the original. I couldn't enjoy it anymore after noticing that.

You realized that now..!! Where are you have been..? /s

CG > Sunshine /s
Dec 30, 2017 6:59 PM

Sep 2013
Why does Riko have so many ship baits?
Stay still and stick to one girl.

Anyway, here's what I think:

LLSS1>LLS2>LLMovie>LLS1>>>>>LLSS2.

Really dislike this season. And to think that I liked Sunshine season 1 the most, I really thought Sunshine will beat the original but season 2 ruined it. Riko is the only one that got me to finish this season.
Hope in the movie, they'll bring back ChikaRiko and jimo ai.

In songs, I think I prefer Aqours songs than Muse. I like so many Aquors song while Muse doesn't have that much good songs. But props to Snow Halation, it still remained the best song out of all Love Live songs.
Dec 30, 2017 7:02 PM

Dec 2013
Sunshine confirmed to be easily the superior LL series. Can't wait for the movie.

Lmfao at all the "It ain't better than the original" nostalgiafags in this thread.
Dec 30, 2017 7:11 PM

Apr 2017
Worst season of Love Live! for me. The previous season was far better than this one. It felt like nothing.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2017

68 by JoJoLaRow »»
Apr 16, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2017

58 by JoJoLaRow »»
Mar 21, 12:46 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2017

82 by JoJoLaRow »»
Mar 19, 3:10 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2017

92 by JoJoLaRow »»
Mar 18, 11:23 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2017

115 by JoJoLaRow »»
Mar 17, 10:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.